Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowing machines - worth getting one? 12:44 - Sep 28 with 1133 viewsghostofescobar

Pondering getting a second hand one. Life changing, or something else to throw your clothes over in the spare room??

GhostOfEscobar

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 12:52 - Sep 28 with 1099 viewsWallingford_Boy

Unless you are a rower than needs one to train through winter, waste of money.

Get a treadmill, only fitness machine worth having in your house.

RIP Sir Bobby

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 12:52 - Sep 28 with 1097 viewsCaptainAhab

I'd like to say the former, but for me it's definitely the latter. I quite like rowing as an exercise, so would like to do it more, but every time I've used my machine recently it's given me (too much information forthcoming) piles so I have to stop!
Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:03 - Sep 28 with 1049 viewsWD19

Can be great value 2nd hand (because lots of ppl buy them and then don't use them).

So long as you have the space.
Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:12 - Sep 28 with 1018 viewsNthQldITFC

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 12:52 - Sep 28 by CaptainAhab

I'd like to say the former, but for me it's definitely the latter. I quite like rowing as an exercise, so would like to do it more, but every time I've used my machine recently it's given me (too much information forthcoming) piles so I have to stop!

Last thing you want at sea.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:12 - Sep 28 with 1017 viewsParisBlue

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 12:52 - Sep 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Or join a gym

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:15 - Sep 28 with 1011 viewsBlueandTruesince82

What makes you say that?

I'm also looking at getting a rowing machine, the seem far cheaper and takenup less space than running machines? Also every get fit programme I watch says the rowing machine is the best for a round exercise because of a the muscles it uses and the cardio benefit?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:51 - Sep 28 with 937 viewsghostofescobar

I run outside twice a week, 7k to 10k each, so no need for a treadmill. Had a treadmill in the past - did my head in. I need to run in the countryside.

GhostOfEscobar

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 14:16 - Sep 28 with 905 viewsRobTheMonk

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:51 - Sep 28 by ghostofescobar

I run outside twice a week, 7k to 10k each, so no need for a treadmill. Had a treadmill in the past - did my head in. I need to run in the countryside.

I get really bored with running. Give me a competitive sport to play game and I'll run around all day though.
Login to get fewer ads

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 14:26 - Sep 28 with 877 viewsnoggin

You'll sell it for half the price you paid, having only used it once in 3 years. Def info.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 14:57 - Sep 28 with 834 viewsEJP

Check Gumtree. Bought mine for £30 and worth every penny.
Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 15:04 - Sep 28 with 816 viewsgordon

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 14:26 - Sep 28 by noggin

You'll sell it for half the price you paid, having only used it once in 3 years. Def info.

Think he's on about rowing machines not ITFC signings.
Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 17:38 - Sep 28 with 719 viewsElephantintheRoom

Pointless waste of money. Get a bike and enjoy some fresh air

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 09:07 - Sep 29 with 611 viewsSaleAway

if you buy a 2nd hand concept 2, you'll probably sell it for pretty much what you pay for it, if you decide that you don't like it.

They are fantastic if you get on with them, but does take a certain mindset. (I've done British Indoor rowing championships and also done a marathon on one, so plenty of experience).

Big benefit is that its pretty much impact free, so unlikely to cause you too much damage.

key to it is to make sure you have proper technique ( hint, should mainly be using legs, rather than back and arms).

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 09:10 - Sep 29 with 598 viewsWeWereZombies

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 12:52 - Sep 28 by CaptainAhab

Drink more water - a lesson learned from bitter experience.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 09:34 - Sep 29 with 577 viewsN2_Blue

Rowing machines - worth getting one? on 13:15 - Sep 28 by BlueandTruesince82

What makes you say that?

I'm also looking at getting a rowing machine, the seem far cheaper and takenup less space than running machines? Also every get fit programme I watch says the rowing machine is the best for a round exercise because of a the muscles it uses and the cardio benefit?

I agree with this, we have a rower which has been great for me and my wife. Treadmills i don't get...I can run outside for free which is far more appealing. A bit difficult just to hop outside for a row and the rower works out a lot of the core, arms and shoulders that the running doesn't.

Treadmills are the biggest waste of money ever for me.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024