Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? 20:36 - Sep 24 with 1988 viewsmonytowbray

How’s that all working out?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 20:38 - Sep 24 with 1673 viewsmonytowbray

Also why is my tax going on bailing out industries I don’t use or support? Where do I tick to opt out of that part?!

TWTD never forgets…

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:21 - Sep 24 with 1592 viewsNeedhamChris

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 20:38 - Sep 24 by monytowbray

Also why is my tax going on bailing out industries I don’t use or support? Where do I tick to opt out of that part?!

That’s how the rest of us feel when we actually pay for our shopping and train fares

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:30 - Sep 24 with 1566 viewsbluelagos

Problem is Callis - and one reason people moaning about queues are missing the point - is ordinary people, who rely on their transport for their livelihood (Tradesmen / delivery drivers / Sales reps) are looking at not being to do their jobs if they can't get out/about.

Those who are self employed could (in the worst case scenario) be unable to earn a living. If I was a Tradesman and saw the queues too right I'd fill up if I could.

Hardly something to be gloating over imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:37 - Sep 24 with 1542 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You don't use or support gas or electricity and you don't travel on any transport that requires fuel?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:40 - Sep 24 with 1531 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there either? I have bought both today.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:44 - Sep 24 with 1526 viewsbluelagos

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:40 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

There are plenty of shortages despite what some people are saying. Asda in Colchester closed it's garage at 3pm today when it ran out of fuel. Was still closed at 6pm when I went past.

Still think things will settle down in 2/3 days time as those will filled up won't all be needing to do so again. Also there will be less journeys than normal due to worries over fuel.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:47 - Sep 24 with 1508 viewsJ2BLUE

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:44 - Sep 24 by bluelagos

There are plenty of shortages despite what some people are saying. Asda in Colchester closed it's garage at 3pm today when it ran out of fuel. Was still closed at 6pm when I went past.

Still think things will settle down in 2/3 days time as those will filled up won't all be needing to do so again. Also there will be less journeys than normal due to worries over fuel.

Yes Sainsburys petrol station also closed but the point is you can find both but you might need to go to one extra shop.

Callis works from home IIRC and doesn't worry about paying for trains so he doesn't need to worry about fuel shortages.

What's that i'm alright Jack attitude the lefties are always accusing others of having?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:56 - Sep 24 with 1464 viewsFtnfwest

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:40 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

Nope just a driver shortage
Login to get fewer ads

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 22:35 - Sep 24 with 1382 viewsSwansea_Blue

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:44 - Sep 24 by bluelagos

It made me chuckle when I drove past a the garage queue tonight and saw a fk off massive fuel tanker on the forecourt. If that isn’t a clue to people not to panic I don’t know what is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:09 - Sep 24 with 1321 viewsSeablu

I’ve grown to admire you over the last couple of years.
I felt your pain when you got a bit weepy, needy and exceptionally paranoid in the early months of covid.
Don’t spoil it all by being a smug tw*t now, just because you perceive this won’t affect you.
A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:27 - Sep 24 with 1291 viewsmonytowbray

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:21 - Sep 24 by NeedhamChris

That’s how the rest of us feel when we actually pay for our shopping and train fares

Lol that’s corporations robbing from you. They take your tax whilst charging you for the product.

TWTD never forgets…

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:28 - Sep 24 with 1288 viewsmonytowbray

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:09 - Sep 24 by Seablu

I felt your pain when you got a bit weepy, needy and exceptionally paranoid in the early months of covid.
Don’t spoil it all by being a smug tw*t now, just because you perceive this won’t affect you.

To be fair anyone who took that remotely serious needs to dry their eyes a bit.

TWTD never forgets…

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:29 - Sep 24 with 1284 viewsGuthrum

It's going to become an all-round food shortage unless we're careful.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:30 - Sep 24 with 1281 viewsmonytowbray

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:21 - Sep 24 by NeedhamChris

When you see new posters who remember old stuff.

Which banned member are you?!

TWTD never forgets…

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:32 - Sep 24 with 1277 viewsmonytowbray

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:29 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

It's going to become an all-round food shortage unless we're careful.

Yeah that’s the fear TBF. Although last time everyone panic bought they left all the “odd” vegan essential stuff, bar chickpeas. Get your hands off my chickpeas as a last panic buy choice, some of us need them to survive!

Good warm up test for proper climate change impact I guess, more of that coming. Hopefully I’ll have gone fully feral in the woods by then.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 23:33]

TWTD never forgets…

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:34 - Sep 24 with 1260 viewsHARRY10

The good news is we have the bloated buffoon in charge, who at this moment is lying down* in front of a bulldozer, having got out of the ditch he passed away in

Queues at petrol stations will be dispersed by water cannon, and (Brazilian) turkeys will be in abundance - and oven ready at that

To resolve the energy shortage EU workers will be allowed into the country to work on wind farms, helping to gather in the gusts, breezes and gales

CO2 shortages will be fixed by allowing house owners to affix CO2 panels to their roofs to capture more CO2, with Londons newly built Garden Bridge (along with the Boris Island airport)converted into a CO2 capture facilities

yes folks, from tunnels under the Irish Sea to bridges over the channel this buffoon is the man to keep Britain on it's knees

failure............................you ain't seen nuffin' yet

lying down, don't you mean lying ?
A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:35 - Sep 24 with 1260 viewsmonytowbray

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 21:37 - Sep 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

You don't use or support gas or electricity and you don't travel on any transport that requires fuel?

The bailout was for Co2. Nowt to do with fuel that comment.

Do enjoy a fizzy drink though. But also I think I’ll live without. Not like chickpeas.

TWTD never forgets…

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:48 - Sep 24 with 1233 viewsGuthrum

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:32 - Sep 24 by monytowbray

Yeah that’s the fear TBF. Although last time everyone panic bought they left all the “odd” vegan essential stuff, bar chickpeas. Get your hands off my chickpeas as a last panic buy choice, some of us need them to survive!

Good warm up test for proper climate change impact I guess, more of that coming. Hopefully I’ll have gone fully feral in the woods by then.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 23:33]

It being a distribution problem, vegan stuff will be stuck in the warehouses same as everything else. Foraging might be the only answer!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:52 - Sep 24 with 1221 viewsstonojnr

the shelves were packed full of meat and other goods in the supermarket I went to tonight, the fuel shortage, well I saw lots more people than normal queuing for petrol.

but I think that panic buying tends to upset the way they preplan deliveries of these things,so garages quickly run out, but there is no actual fuel shortage, there was something like 5 BP stations that couldnt be refilled on time due delivery driver issues, the media decided to run that there was a fuel shortage, you see the result you get.
A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 07:25 - Sep 25 with 1025 viewsFtnfwest

It’s alright, the suggestion is we get extra national insurance from a few rich people who don’t use the NHS either to balance it out
A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 07:28 - Sep 25 with 1010 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ha! This is vintage Callis. Welcome back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 07:40 - Sep 25 with 987 viewswkj

Believing there is a fuel shortage, is going to cause a fuel shortage.

There is a logistics issue delivering the fuel - one that would have impacted far fewer people all at once if panic didn't set in and everyone tried to fuel up as if it was the end of the world.

Many thanks to the media for running a story about a few BP's rationing their fuel thus causing a mass flap

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 08:08 - Sep 25 with 919 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 23:35 - Sep 24 by monytowbray

The bailout was for Co2. Nowt to do with fuel that comment.

Do enjoy a fizzy drink though. But also I think I’ll live without. Not like chickpeas.

You opened with meat and fuel and then added "Also why is my tax going on bailing out industries (plural) I don’t use or support?" so it looks very much like you're referring to all of them.

And obviously Co2 is used in many more things than meat packaging.

So yeah, these issues are going to affect you as well I'm afraid.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 09:51 - Sep 25 with 757 viewsgiant_stow

Sometimes I dont know whether to laugh or cry when I read your pithy take downs. Claps and brickbats you brute.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A meat shortage and a fuel shortage you say? on 10:06 - Sep 25 with 741 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ha! A classic of its type. Start with some praise then kick them right in the nuts. Nicely done.

There must have enough meat shortages for ages, as a few years ago sausages went up to £90 a pair apparently.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024