Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mick mccarthy trending on twitter 23:21 - Sep 28 with 6252 viewsHipsterectomy

oh no...oh no

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

It’s an absolute car crash and I feel sorry for Mick on 23:55 - Sep 28 with 4084 viewsunstableblue

The Cardiff fans were joining the WBA fans en masse in singing “your getting sacked in the morning”

Which is just really poor

The reality though is that no one is going to put up with that style of football for very long and their message board is highlighting just how many fans, including season ticket holders, are staying away due to the quality

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 23:58 - Sep 28 with 4072 viewsClapham_Junction

The BBC match report said Cardiff had five centre backs in the team.

Makes the Skuse-Douglas-Hyam midfield look Keeganesque.
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 00:00 - Sep 29 with 4044 viewsBlueBadger

We've just won 6-0 at home and we're going to do THIS. Righto then.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 00:36 - Sep 29 with 3916 viewsITFCMonk

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 23:58 - Sep 28 by Clapham_Junction

The BBC match report said Cardiff had five centre backs in the team.

Makes the Skuse-Douglas-Hyam midfield look Keeganesque.

Why on earth did he play Mark McGuinness at right wing back
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 02:05 - Sep 29 with 3826 viewsMach_foreignBlue

5 central backs started for Cardiff last night

FIVE !

That went well !
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 2:13]
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 02:56 - Sep 29 with 3782 viewsSE1blue

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 00:00 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

Come on…it’s a football forum and MM used to be our manager. I know you know this, but it feels like it needs to be said and personally, I like the mix of discussion points on here.

You’ve become quite confrontational in more recent times and that’s out of character for you. Always used to enjoy your responses on threads and insight in the past. Hope you’re ok.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 06:45 - Sep 29 with 3577 viewsKeaneish

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 02:56 - Sep 29 by SE1blue

Come on…it’s a football forum and MM used to be our manager. I know you know this, but it feels like it needs to be said and personally, I like the mix of discussion points on here.

You’ve become quite confrontational in more recent times and that’s out of character for you. Always used to enjoy your responses on threads and insight in the past. Hope you’re ok.

…and to be quite frank, a lot of us have had to endure a small clique who still look at the tail end of the MM days with misty eyed wonderment. Scorn was poured on anyone who dared question that period so why not re-raise those points that serve to highlight the point we were all making at the time?

He’s been on a downward trajectory for a while despite some bright spells and, if it were up to those posters, he’d still be our manager and we’d be in the Evans regime still. No doubt a few will rush to his defence on the back of this.

This club will climb out of this division and surpass the Evans era, I’m quite sure of it. I said at the time taking a step back to go two forward might be necessary and it’ll prove that way; Cook is clearly the right man to lead us.

It is about time this forum started looking forward with positivity instead of searching for lame reasons to do anything but ie: “the coaching staff aren’t qualified”, “no patterns of play”, “the Cowley’s are better”, “we should have gelled”. The negativity has been tedious yet some will use these points to justify a period of time where they lacked patience and used any reason possible to be negative.

We turned a corner last night. There was something in the air at Portman Road last night which said as much. Now, time to enjoy the season, watch us climb the table and, in a year’s time MM will be forgotten and his band of merry men will look as staid as the man himself.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 07:00 - Sep 29 with 3492 viewsnoggin

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 00:00 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

But the football is better at Cardiff.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 07:40 - Sep 29 with 3316 viewsBurns7

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 06:45 - Sep 29 by Keaneish

…and to be quite frank, a lot of us have had to endure a small clique who still look at the tail end of the MM days with misty eyed wonderment. Scorn was poured on anyone who dared question that period so why not re-raise those points that serve to highlight the point we were all making at the time?

He’s been on a downward trajectory for a while despite some bright spells and, if it were up to those posters, he’d still be our manager and we’d be in the Evans regime still. No doubt a few will rush to his defence on the back of this.

This club will climb out of this division and surpass the Evans era, I’m quite sure of it. I said at the time taking a step back to go two forward might be necessary and it’ll prove that way; Cook is clearly the right man to lead us.

It is about time this forum started looking forward with positivity instead of searching for lame reasons to do anything but ie: “the coaching staff aren’t qualified”, “no patterns of play”, “the Cowley’s are better”, “we should have gelled”. The negativity has been tedious yet some will use these points to justify a period of time where they lacked patience and used any reason possible to be negative.

We turned a corner last night. There was something in the air at Portman Road last night which said as much. Now, time to enjoy the season, watch us climb the table and, in a year’s time MM will be forgotten and his band of merry men will look as staid as the man himself.

What the support didn't know at the time was just how involved Mick McCarthy was with Ipswich. Evans basically had him running the club on a daily basis, and he was the only one in that administration who had any idea of how to do it. He managed the team, ran the club and amazingly kept us up on a budget which was reduced to the 4th or 5th lowest in that league at the end. All our good players were sold and the money wasn't reinvested. We were never going to compete in the Championship with any manager under Evans.

I challenge any manager to succeed with the hand he was dealt here, the fact he had us in the top half a few seasons showed he actually was a good manager, just it was never sustainable with Evans vision for a cost free club. I agree his football was dire at the end, it was functional to get points on the board but Hurst and Lambert had a chunk of those same players and not only could only manage just 1 win between them in the Championship, also failed to get them out of League One two seasons running. The biggest issue at the end was Evans was clearly planning to keep Mick in post (later blaming the fans for getting rid) and had absolutely no succession plan in place once he did, and thus why we are here.

I will look back at the Mick days with some fondness, I liked the battle in a lot of teams and players. I like a lot of the players we had who overachieved through hard work. Bart, Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Mings, Knudsen, Tabb, Skuse, Anderson, the Hunts, Williams, Murphy, Didz, Sears, Bishop, Bru and Hyam. Not a bad bunch at all.
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 07:59 - Sep 29 with 3220 viewswitchdoctor

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 07:40 - Sep 29 by Burns7

What the support didn't know at the time was just how involved Mick McCarthy was with Ipswich. Evans basically had him running the club on a daily basis, and he was the only one in that administration who had any idea of how to do it. He managed the team, ran the club and amazingly kept us up on a budget which was reduced to the 4th or 5th lowest in that league at the end. All our good players were sold and the money wasn't reinvested. We were never going to compete in the Championship with any manager under Evans.

I challenge any manager to succeed with the hand he was dealt here, the fact he had us in the top half a few seasons showed he actually was a good manager, just it was never sustainable with Evans vision for a cost free club. I agree his football was dire at the end, it was functional to get points on the board but Hurst and Lambert had a chunk of those same players and not only could only manage just 1 win between them in the Championship, also failed to get them out of League One two seasons running. The biggest issue at the end was Evans was clearly planning to keep Mick in post (later blaming the fans for getting rid) and had absolutely no succession plan in place once he did, and thus why we are here.

I will look back at the Mick days with some fondness, I liked the battle in a lot of teams and players. I like a lot of the players we had who overachieved through hard work. Bart, Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Mings, Knudsen, Tabb, Skuse, Anderson, the Hunts, Williams, Murphy, Didz, Sears, Bishop, Bru and Hyam. Not a bad bunch at all.

I will look back on the Mick days as for the only time in well over 50 years I lost my love for the Town…initially gave up my season ticket and then stopped going altogether…have look on the Cardiff forums and see history repeating itself…
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:10 - Sep 29 with 3145 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fernando?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:19 - Sep 29 with 3097 viewsSwailsey

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 07:59 - Sep 29 by witchdoctor

I will look back on the Mick days as for the only time in well over 50 years I lost my love for the Town…initially gave up my season ticket and then stopped going altogether…have look on the Cardiff forums and see history repeating itself…

You’re cool.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:29 - Sep 29 with 3046 viewsHerbivore

My word you talk a load of b0llocks most of the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:48 - Sep 29 with 2975 viewsMattinLondon

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:29 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

My word you talk a load of b0llocks most of the time.

To be fair his first paragraph is correct.
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:50 - Sep 29 with 2946 viewsHerbivore

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:48 - Sep 29 by MattinLondon

To be fair his first paragraph is correct.

It really isn't though.

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:02 - Sep 29 with 2886 viewswitchdoctor

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:19 - Sep 29 by Swailsey

You’re cool.

cheers man…😎✌️
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:10 - Sep 29 with 2830 viewsMattinLondon

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 08:50 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

It really isn't though.

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:12 - Sep 29 with 2818 viewsHerbivore

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:10 - Sep 29 by MattinLondon

Nope. Nobody looks at the end of Mick's days here "with misty eyed wonderment".

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:15 - Sep 29 with 2801 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Having seen the logic of posters who belive we shouldn't sack people for failure on the basis that the next guy could be worse I am thoroughly enjoying this stark reminder of what we are missing.

5 at the back all central defenders and a 4 - 0 reverse at home. Baffling decisions like this are why Mick had to go

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:24 - Sep 29 with 2744 viewsSamWhiteUK

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 02:56 - Sep 29 by SE1blue

Bluebadger is probably upset because the football actually WAS better last night and he can't rehash his only joke yet again
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:31 - Sep 29 with 2699 viewsDigger77

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:24 - Sep 29 by SamWhiteUK

Bluebadger is probably upset because the football actually WAS better last night and he can't rehash his only joke yet again

I have Badger on the div list so can't see his posts.

But I'm sure they are still done in a calm and measured way, and not at all repetitive and predictable.
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:43 - Sep 29 with 2626 viewsPhilTWTD

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 07:40 - Sep 29 by Burns7

Think the idea that Mick was running the club is a bit far-fetched, whether some of the rest of the post has some truth to it.
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 10:17 - Sep 29 with 2503 viewswitchdoctor

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 09:43 - Sep 29 by PhilTWTD

Think the idea that Mick was running the club is a bit far-fetched, whether some of the rest of the post has some truth to it.

sorry Phil..fat finger syndrome downvoted..🙄
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 10:19 - Sep 29 with 2476 viewsleitrimblue

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 10:17 - Sep 29 by witchdoctor

sorry Phil..fat finger syndrome downvoted..🙄

Argh, the old classic, sorry me fat finger slipped excuse. Well played doc😁
mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 10:22 - Sep 29 with 2459 viewswitchdoctor

mick mccarthy trending on twitter on 10:19 - Sep 29 by leitrimblue

Argh, the old classic, sorry me fat finger slipped excuse. Well played doc😁

ha ha..think I may have addressed my boo boo with an uppy but it’s not letting me view it…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024