Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy, Not what we thought? 12:45 - Oct 4 with 3413 viewschrismakin

Was surprised to hear Morsy of all players bemoaning the physical side of Saturdays game.

I thought he was the beast in the middle not the beauty

If that's the case, do we have any hardened players in the squad?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 12:56 - Oct 4 with 2463 viewsJ2BLUE

We need to stop reacting to the last game all of the time and give people a chance. Morsy has has 2 league games? Let's wait and see.

One thing I didn't particularly like was his comments on their style. It's basically saying play this way against us and we can't deal with it to every other club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 12:59 - Oct 4 with 2435 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Its been 2 games. Everyone was raving about him Tuesday.
Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:01 - Oct 4 with 2427 viewsHerbivore

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 12:59 - Oct 4 by abracaDOBRA_

Indeed. Far too soon to judge his impact on the side as yet. I didn't like his comments after the game but it's what he does on the pitch that really matters. He, like many of our players, should be too good for this level but they've got to start showing it when they cross the white line.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:02 - Oct 4 with 2418 viewsDarth_Koont

I read the interview and people seem to be doing the classic mistake of not reading beyond the headline and then imagining what he said.

He said they were physical and a “horrible team” but that was fair enough and Ipswich would just have to deal with that much better in the future.

The “disgusting” part was Pell kicking the ball out. And I suspect also when it looked like Rogers (?) tried to get Evans sent off late on. I think you can be p/ssed off with them on a separate level for blatant cheating. But he certainly wasn’t making excuses for not coping with the physicality – that’s what he blamed the Ipswich players for

Pronouns: He/Him

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:02 - Oct 4 with 2407 viewsSomethingBlue

He was just saying words straight after a poor defeat, no big deal in either direction.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:05 - Oct 4 with 2359 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 12:56 - Oct 4 by J2BLUE

We need to stop reacting to the last game all of the time and give people a chance. Morsy has has 2 league games? Let's wait and see.

One thing I didn't particularly like was his comments on their style. It's basically saying play this way against us and we can't deal with it to every other club.

I'm not commenting on performance. I was surprised by his thoughts.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:06 - Oct 4 with 2341 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 12:59 - Oct 4 by abracaDOBRA_

And we shall rave about him going forwards.

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:08 - Oct 4 with 2323 viewsSitfcB

Having just read it I fail to see why people are wetting their pants over his comments ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:08 - Oct 4 with 2311 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:02 - Oct 4 by Darth_Koont

I read the interview and people seem to be doing the classic mistake of not reading beyond the headline and then imagining what he said.

He said they were physical and a “horrible team” but that was fair enough and Ipswich would just have to deal with that much better in the future.

The “disgusting” part was Pell kicking the ball out. And I suspect also when it looked like Rogers (?) tried to get Evans sent off late on. I think you can be p/ssed off with them on a separate level for blatant cheating. But he certainly wasn’t making excuses for not coping with the physicality – that’s what he blamed the Ipswich players for

So he saying he was fine with it but felt the others weren't?

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:09 - Oct 4 with 2298 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:08 - Oct 4 by SitfcB

Having just read it I fail to see why people are wetting their pants over his comments ffs.

You can post on the forum without wetting yourself sitters.
If you can't. You might want to get it looked into.

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:13 - Oct 4 with 2246 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Good god.

90 minute opinion swings Tuesday/Saturday is sheer lunacy.
Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:15 - Oct 4 with 2218 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:13 - Oct 4 by WilbrahamBlue

Good god.

Good god. People struggling to see a post is about an opinion from a player not a performance debate.

How are you guys even seeing what you're thinking.

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:22 - Oct 4 with 2162 viewsDarth_Koont

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:08 - Oct 4 by chrismakin

So he saying he was fine with it but felt the others weren't?

He was fine with the physical approach (and certainly didn’t look fazed by it during the game). But yeah, as a whole, I don’t think the team really stood up to Accrington enough.

Perhaps in trying to be braver to get on the ball and play. Or possibly not doing enough to push up against them. Either way, we allowed ourselves to get pushed back and physically dominated.

At this level and probably the Championship too you have to be prepared to outfight or at least match the opposition or you’ll never have the chance to outplay them. I think that’s the underlying point he’s making.

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:24 - Oct 4 with 2129 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:22 - Oct 4 by Darth_Koont

He was fine with the physical approach (and certainly didn’t look fazed by it during the game). But yeah, as a whole, I don’t think the team really stood up to Accrington enough.

Perhaps in trying to be braver to get on the ball and play. Or possibly not doing enough to push up against them. Either way, we allowed ourselves to get pushed back and physically dominated.

At this level and probably the Championship too you have to be prepared to outfight or at least match the opposition or you’ll never have the chance to outplay them. I think that’s the underlying point he’s making.

Cheers Darth

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:26 - Oct 4 with 2116 viewsPhilTWTD

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:02 - Oct 4 by SomethingBlue

He was just saying words straight after a poor defeat, no big deal in either direction.

Indeed, was clearly frustrated. I got the impression he was biting his tongue for much of the interview but let his frustrations slip with the 'horrible' and 'disgusting' comments, which he probably immediately regretted.
Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:32 - Oct 4 with 2085 viewsDarth_Koont

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:24 - Oct 4 by chrismakin

Cheers Darth

No worries.

And on a possibly connected note, our goal came from Fraser winning a challenge. Which created the space to feed the ball to Celina who was in turn free to pick out Bonne. The challenge produced the chance but we just didn’t do enough of that for the rest of the game.

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:34 - Oct 4 with 2068 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:26 - Oct 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, was clearly frustrated. I got the impression he was biting his tongue for much of the interview but let his frustrations slip with the 'horrible' and 'disgusting' comments, which he probably immediately regretted.

Teams are free to play however they want, and sometimes that is dictated by their resources.

Plenty said it was OK when Mick played horrible football.

Its a shame that Morsy was so easily frustrated with that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:36 - Oct 4 with 2048 viewsDarth_Koont

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:34 - Oct 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Teams are free to play however they want, and sometimes that is dictated by their resources.

He wasn’t frustrated by that. He was frustrated that the Ipswich team didn’t handle it.

Just to add to that an Accrington player... on 13:39 - Oct 4 with 2007 viewsunstableblue

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:02 - Oct 4 by Darth_Koont

.. is stating he was winding up the keeper and 'got in his head'

I think Accrington do normally play a more cultured style,, but they went win at all costs on saturday... and our players in parallel didn't bring the necessary energy

we move on to shrewsbury

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 14:16 - Oct 4 with 1858 viewsParky

I mean, it’s unlike you to overreact.
Morsy, Not what we thought? on 14:19 - Oct 4 with 1839 viewschrismakin

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 14:16 - Oct 4 by Parky

I mean, it’s unlike you to overreact.

No overreaction here just asking people's thoughts following the interview.

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 14:21 - Oct 4 with 1832 viewsPhilTWTD

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:34 - Oct 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can remember similar comments from opposition managers about Town in MM's time! And from our own fans; not the Ipswich way.

He spoke to us 20 minutes or so after the match so not really surprising he was frustrated, and I meant frustrated with the performance more than anything.
Morsy, Not what we thought? on 14:21 - Oct 4 with 1821 viewsRedX

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 12:56 - Oct 4 by J2BLUE

I was surprised by those comments.

They were fairly insulting towards Accrington.
Morsy, Not what we thought? on 15:40 - Oct 4 with 1618 viewsBlueBadger

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 13:13 - Oct 4 by WilbrahamBlue

Good god.

I don't think it's wholly surprising to see people very pleased with a 6-0 win and disappointed with a limp defeat away to Accrington.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 15:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 15:51 - Oct 4 with 1582 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Morsy, Not what we thought? on 15:40 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

I don't think it's wholly surprising to see people very pleased with a 6-0 win and disappointed with a limp defeat away to Accrington.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 15:43]

But the thread isn't about the team or performance though, its about a player that's played 2 games. And swinging an opinion on a player after 2 games is a bit OTT
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024