Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you stand ? 13:01 - Jan 6 with 1270 viewsCrawfordsboot

On Anti vaxers protesting outside schools and Sajid Javids home?
Where do you stand ? on 13:02 - Jan 6 with 1243 viewsNthQldITFC

On the neck or testicles probably.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Where do you stand ? on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 1235 viewsHerbivore

Where do I stand? On their necks, preferably*.

*for the benefit of any softcocks, this is a joke and is intended as a hyperbolic expression of my disapproval of the behaviour of the anti-vaxxers rather than as a genuine desire to stand on their necks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where do you stand ? on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1225 viewsNthQldITFC

Where do you stand ? on 13:03 - Jan 6 by Herbivore

Where do I stand? On their necks, preferably*.

*for the benefit of any softcocks, this is a joke and is intended as a hyperbolic expression of my disapproval of the behaviour of the anti-vaxxers rather than as a genuine desire to stand on their necks.

Haha, beat ya! ;)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Where do you stand ? on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1236 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree with both.

I know it's not 'right' but anti vaxxers outside schools are just utter cretins. I would quite like the police to go in tooled up. Again, I know it's not 'right' but ffs.

*for the benefit of any softcocks, this is not a joke and is intended to be taken entirely seriously as an expression of my disapproval of the behaviour of the anti-vaxxers and indicates a genuine desire to see them take a good kicking.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:05]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Where do you stand ? on 13:06 - Jan 6 with 1200 viewsHerbivore

Where do you stand ? on 13:04 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

Disagree with both.

I know it's not 'right' but anti vaxxers outside schools are just utter cretins. I would quite like the police to go in tooled up. Again, I know it's not 'right' but ffs.

*for the benefit of any softcocks, this is not a joke and is intended to be taken entirely seriously as an expression of my disapproval of the behaviour of the anti-vaxxers and indicates a genuine desire to see them take a good kicking.

The policing of anti-vax protests has generally seemed to be more light touch than policing of XR and Insulate Britain protests, and indeed the policing of the Sarah Everard vigil. One has to wonder why that might be.

Where do you stand ? on 13:07 - Jan 6 with 1172 viewsfooters

Where do you stand ? on 13:04 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

Disagree with both.

Pah. These people are spreading dangerous misinformation about a global pandemic, not holding a vigil for an innocent woman killed by a copper. The police are powerless.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Where do you stand ? on 13:07 - Jan 6 with 1173 viewshomer_123

Where do you stand ? on 13:06 - Jan 6 by Herbivore

The policing of anti-vax protests has generally seemed to be more light touch than policing of XR and Insulate Britain protests, and indeed the policing of the Sarah Everard vigil. One has to wonder why that might be.

I guess this might be to do with the fact that they are more likely to catch Covid from this lot, so the Police keep their distance a bit more?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Where do you stand ? on 13:09 - Jan 6 with 1148 viewsHerbivore

Where do you stand ? on 13:07 - Jan 6 by homer_123

I guess this might be to do with the fact that they are more likely to catch Covid from this lot, so the Police keep their distance a bit more?

It could be, I'm absolutely certain that it's not remotely politically motivated.

Login to get fewer ads

Where do you stand ? on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 1139 viewsIllinoisblue

Water cannons and tasers need to be deployed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where do you stand ? on 13:11 - Jan 6 with 1123 viewshomer_123

Where do you stand ? on 13:09 - Jan 6 by Herbivore

It could be, I'm absolutely certain that it's not remotely politically motivated.

Indeed, not in the slightest.

Where do you stand ? on 13:17 - Jan 6 with 1067 viewsJ2BLUE

Where do you stand ? on 13:10 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

In that order.

Truly impaired.

Where do you stand ? on 13:30 - Jan 6 with 1012 viewsBlueBadger

Chat sh1t, get banged. It's harassment and intimidation, nothing. Let Old Bill let out their frustrations on people who deserve it for a change rather than peacefully protesting women and non-white people, it'll make everyone feel better.

*Disclaimer: May not be entirely my real opinion. Getting a kicking probably won't make the pro-diseasers feel better...
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Where do you stand ? on 13:33 - Jan 6 with 975 viewsBlueBadger

They should warm to water cannons up though, the dirty b*ggers probably aren't washing their hands properly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Where do you stand ? on 13:40 - Jan 6 with 930 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bit harsh. I think people should be allowed to start whatever threads they want.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where do you stand ? on 13:40 - Jan 6 with 932 viewsCrawfordsboot

I believe that rights come with responsibilities. This example highlights the difficulty of reconciling the individuals right to protest with the wider rights of society not to be impacted in a significantly negative way by minority protestors.

For me anti vaxers (however deluded) have a right to express their views. Let them stand on a roundabout in the rain holding placards. However they have no right to intimidate others be they children, parents or politicians.
Where do you stand ? on 13:41 - Jan 6 with 927 viewsEireannach_gorm

Where do you stand ? on 13:33 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

They should warm to water cannons up though, the dirty b*ggers probably aren't washing their hands properly.

....... and add a bit of liquid soap.

Of course you could go the other way and use a Slurry Spreader as was done one time in this country.
Where do you stand ? on 13:43 - Jan 6 with 908 viewsCrawfordsboot

Where do you stand ? on 13:40 - Jan 6 by Swansea_Blue

A bit harsh. I think people should be allowed to start whatever threads they want.

:)
Where do you stand ? on 13:46 - Jan 6 with 886 viewschicoazul

Nobody should ever be allowed to protest outside schools. Plenty of other spaces available for that. Outside a politicians home, well, don’t have a huge problem with that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Where do you stand ? on 13:52 - Jan 6 with 857 viewshomer_123

Where do you stand ? on 13:40 - Jan 6 by Crawfordsboot

I believe that rights come with responsibilities. This example highlights the difficulty of reconciling the individuals right to protest with the wider rights of society not to be impacted in a significantly negative way by minority protestors.

For me anti vaxers (however deluded) have a right to express their views. Let them stand on a roundabout in the rain holding placards. However they have no right to intimidate others be they children, parents or politicians.

Yet we readily allow religion to purvey in schools.

Where do you stand ? on 13:55 - Jan 6 with 847 viewsfooters

Where do you stand ? on 13:46 - Jan 6 by chicoazul

Nobody should ever be allowed to protest outside schools. Plenty of other spaces available for that. Outside a politicians home, well, don’t have a huge problem with that.

Even the tw@ttiest of politicians still deserve a right to privacy and security. Just like the dickheads who went to JRM's house. Totally unnecessary and could lead to much worse.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Where do you stand ? on 14:05 - Jan 6 with 814 viewsfactual_blue

Let them parade their ignorance and stupidity, die from Covid, and improve the gene pool.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Where do you stand ? on 14:15 - Jan 6 with 791 viewsbluelagos

So there's 3 questions.

What they are protesting, how they are protesting and where they are protesting.

I think they should be treated like all other protesters, including those I disagree with like say the EDL/BNP. So what they protest is down to them and I have no issue with them even though I disagree with their protests.

Where - is outside a school or a politicians home a problem? I don't see why, even if I don't like it.

How - this is where I do have an issue, if they are intimidating children and/or teaching staff. That should be managed by the police locally much as they would deal with other forms of intimidation/threats made by members of the public.

The suggestions (from many) that we should treat these protestors differently simply because we disagree with their views or arguments is just another example of how this virus has seen some incredibly extreme positions taken by people on a whole range of issues.

I don't like anti-vaccers but much like the far right, I think we are better country for allowing dissent, even when we disagree with it. Incredible how many ordinary people seem happy to go down the authoritarian route just because they don't like anti-vaccers.

Edit: I see others have made the point about politicians homes and recent attacks. Can see why that wouldn't be acceptable.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 14:39]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Where do you stand ? on 14:18 - Jan 6 with 774 viewsJ2BLUE

Where do you stand ? on 14:15 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

So there's 3 questions.

What they are protesting, how they are protesting and where they are protesting.

I think they should be treated like all other protesters, including those I disagree with like say the EDL/BNP. So what they protest is down to them and I have no issue with them even though I disagree with their protests.

Where - is outside a school or a politicians home a problem? I don't see why, even if I don't like it.

How - this is where I do have an issue, if they are intimidating children and/or teaching staff. That should be managed by the police locally much as they would deal with other forms of intimidation/threats made by members of the public.

The suggestions (from many) that we should treat these protestors differently simply because we disagree with their views or arguments is just another example of how this virus has seen some incredibly extreme positions taken by people on a whole range of issues.

I don't like anti-vaccers but much like the far right, I think we are better country for allowing dissent, even when we disagree with it. Incredible how many ordinary people seem happy to go down the authoritarian route just because they don't like anti-vaccers.

Edit: I see others have made the point about politicians homes and recent attacks. Can see why that wouldn't be acceptable.

Nah. If you're trying to mentally poison children in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence that you are wrong then you deserve a good hiding.

Truly impaired.

Where do you stand ? on 14:21 - Jan 6 with 755 viewsBlueBadger

Where do you stand ? on 13:55 - Jan 6 by footers

Even the tw@ttiest of politicians still deserve a right to privacy and security. Just like the dickheads who went to JRM's house. Totally unnecessary and could lead to much worse.

Two dead MPs in the past five years tells you where that leads.

Where do you stand ? on 19:01 - Jan 6 with 554 viewsCrawfordsboot

Where do you stand ? on 14:15 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

So there's 3 questions.

Nicely put Lagos and I like the three points you highlight.
However the difficulty is when you look into the “how”. Here again as in a number of discussions on this site we end up reviewing the rights and wrongs of direct action. Anti vaxxers or vaccers might believe in their direct action to intimidate teachers with dummy legal docs, or just scare children with their claims. Right to lifers might intimidate vulnerable women seeking an abortion. Climate activists might try to stop you using your polluting motorbike!
Personally I do not think protestors should be allowed to intimidate or obstruct individuals going about their lawful business. They should be free to protest in an effort to get their views accepted by society but no more than that.

That to me would be a good general principle. That said there is still room for the sort of outcome we see in the protest in Bristol. The actions of the four charged were illegal. They admitted their actions but a jury found that they did not wish to criminalise those actions because they the jury acting for the people deemed the actions appropriate and proportionate. I have no problem with that outcome, though it needs to be viewed as the exception and not the rule.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 19:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024