Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... 10:17 - Jan 24 with 3111 viewstractorboy1978

Or rather he wanted to stay at Swindon for the rest of the season. Wonder what the story is there. Guess it'll become clearer in the next couple of days.
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:20 - Jan 24 with 2855 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I thought the same. But that's football.
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:21 - Jan 24 with 2851 viewsSteve_M

From his message I take it he was enjoying himself there, I think there's also an element of him wanting to stress to the fans there that it wasn't his choice.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:24 - Jan 24 with 2796 viewsWallingford_Boy

Definitely not happy!

I imagine he will have to start again now at another club on loan, or even worse, sit on the bench here.

Can't blame him for being annoyed.

RIP Sir Bobby

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:32 - Jan 24 with 2705 viewshomer_123

No doubt enjoying his football at Swindon. Suspect he's just being vocal about this not being his choice.

Either way - it's not really a big deal.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:32 - Jan 24 with 2692 viewsunstableblue

Yes, hard to ignore that vibe

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 2682 viewsfranz_tyson

It does seem as if he was better of sticking at Swindon. Maybe another club offered a better financial loan package than Swindon?
If he’s on the bench tomorrow, then it’s likely he’s here as back-up. I would have thought that would mean we’d then offload two strikers. Without Simpson, If only Jackson left, we’d still have enough strikers in Bonne, Norwood and Pigott….. and Chaplin is someone who could play upfront in a two.
Must be a plan in place. If McKenna just wants to have a look at him, he would surely have done It at the start of the window.
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:06 - Jan 24 with 2488 viewsArnieM

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:34 - Jan 24 by franz_tyson

It does seem as if he was better of sticking at Swindon. Maybe another club offered a better financial loan package than Swindon?
If he’s on the bench tomorrow, then it’s likely he’s here as back-up. I would have thought that would mean we’d then offload two strikers. Without Simpson, If only Jackson left, we’d still have enough strikers in Bonne, Norwood and Pigott….. and Chaplin is someone who could play upfront in a two.
Must be a plan in place. If McKenna just wants to have a look at him, he would surely have done It at the start of the window.

….or simply gone to watch a few Swindon games ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:17 - Jan 24 with 2419 viewsKeno

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:06 - Jan 24 by ArnieM

….or simply gone to watch a few Swindon games ?

Suggesting he goes to Swindon is really harsh on McKenna

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:23 - Jan 24 with 2375 viewsWickets

Maybe we all need to trust our new management, patience is a virtue as they say !
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:24 - Jan 24 with 2350 viewsArnieM

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:17 - Jan 24 by Keno

Suggesting he goes to Swindon is really harsh on McKenna

Lol ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 11:38 - Jan 24 with 2258 viewsRadlett_blue

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 10:24 - Jan 24 by Wallingford_Boy

Definitely not happy!

I imagine he will have to start again now at another club on loan, or even worse, sit on the bench here.

Can't blame him for being annoyed.

My only guess is that McKenna has heard good reports, we don't have a striker with a physical presence & he wants to see him first hand to decide if he is worth persevering with. We have a 1 year option, which will clearly be exercised & we can then decide to sell him or make him an integral part of next season's squad. The problem is that a few cameos from the bench is unlikely to revel his capability, as was the case with Kieffer Moore.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

[Redacted] on 11:50 - Jan 24 with 2154 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 12:04 - Jan 24 with 2007 viewsHipsterectomy

Good for him. It’s nice to see a youngster go to a lower league and enjoy the experience and bond with the fans. We can loan him back if nothing happens with him, I think? The loan window usually goes up to March and I think he can be loaned twice.

I imagine the same fans who disliked QPR baiting us with reminders that Bonne isn’t ours, can be recalled when they want etc are against this from the club

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 1781 viewsChrisd

I really can't see why we've brought him back unless Jackson and Pigott are both being moved on. I would've thought it much better that he plays first team football week in, week out and continued improving as a footballer rather than sitting on our bench or playing U23 football? Nevertheless, I'm sure the reasoning will become clearer over the next week or so.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 13:19 - Jan 24 with 1616 viewsFightingEssex

He’s right to be, he was superb with Swindon and had developed some real partnerships in that team, if he’s coming here to warm the bench and play U23 or be loaned out to relegation fodder in this league it won’t do him much good.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 14:22 - Jan 24 with 1462 viewsTractorCam

Of course, he's playing and scoring regularly at a decent level with a team fighting for promotion. Of course we will get some information from McKenna soon, but it's harsh for him.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:08 - Jan 24 with 1355 viewsN2_Blue

People really do like to read into things to much.

If our management want him back then he is our player not Swindon's They obviously have a reason and i think I'll trust their judgment more than a load of fans trying to gauge a vibe when not knowing any of the facts.

He's been brilliant at Swindon. He may have a chance to come on in final minutes of games for us and make an impact.

Jackson gets the occasional minutes and I'd much rather Simpson came on than Jackson who is done here as far as I'm concerned, he's totally ineffective.

I want Simpson to have a chance to do well for our club, I couldn't give a feck about Swindon other than it's ben great for his development, but if the club feel there is a reason for him to be called back then he comes back because he is our player.

It will mean less first team minutes but he'll be training with our players and working on things our manager wants and that is also important.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:26 - Jan 24 with 1280 viewsSharkey

Interesting that he said this: "I’ve had a great time which has made my first loan something to remember." Seems like he's expecting another, sooner or later.
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:31 - Jan 24 with 1249 viewsSomethingBlue

Looked more to me like he was making sure he left on a high note, I'm sure he would happily have stayed and he'd have wanted to reflect that given things went well. Anything else would seem like an over-reading of the situation.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:32 - Jan 24 with 1240 viewsBonchosBicycle

Looks like if he finished the season there he was in with a shout of a trip to Wembley or even a promotion. I'd probably not be best happy to be taken from that to likely warming our bench at best.
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:45 - Jan 24 with 1164 viewsjayessess

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:32 - Jan 24 by BonchosBicycle

Looks like if he finished the season there he was in with a shout of a trip to Wembley or even a promotion. I'd probably not be best happy to be taken from that to likely warming our bench at best.

He'll be happy enough if substitute appearances for us helps him progress his career.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 16:16 - Jan 24 with 1062 viewsTractorCam

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 15:45 - Jan 24 by jayessess

He'll be happy enough if substitute appearances for us helps him progress his career.

2 minute cameos is a huge downgrade from his Swindon deal. I hope he's going out on loan to a League One club.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

[Redacted] on 16:29 - Jan 24 with 1005 viewsvictorywilhappen

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 16:16 - Jan 24 by TractorCam

2 minute cameos is a huge downgrade from his Swindon deal. I hope he's going out on loan to a League One club.

[Redacted]
Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 16:51 - Jan 24 with 936 viewsjayessess

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 16:16 - Jan 24 by TractorCam

He's played 30 games for Swindon, he'll have learnt plenty about League 2 football. Now he'll get a chance to learn from McKenna and our other coaches, plus hopefully get some minutes at a higher level within the setup that he ultimately wants to be part of.

He's 19, there's no rush to get 100s of games in his legs either.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Get the vibe Simpson isn't happy about being back... on 16:53 - Jan 24 with 927 viewsPrideOfTheEast

If he's come back to be loaned out again I can definitely understand that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024