Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loanee report in the East Anglian. 15:53 - Mar 16 with 2383 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/how-itfc-loan-players-are-doing-876016

Not great reading for most of them, but Ndaba seems to be doing very well and being versatile to boot. Looks like he should be the ideal player to plug into our squad here next season, whichever division we're in.

I still think Harper will come good too. The usual thing is to say 'he would benefit from a loan spell' but I wonder if certain players would actually be better off here now that things seem to be so much improved in the coaching and motivational areas? Getting well coached and just getting a few half hours of the bench and some U23 games might actually be better for the likes of Harper?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 16:14 - Mar 16 with 2255 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ndaba def does look the most promising doesn't he. I like the sound of this: “Given his experience this season, I think he’d be perfect for the left side of a back three system".

That'd suit us down to the ground. Backup to The Fridge but also with the ability to cover other CB roles and also left back. Could be a useful squad addition for us at some point, although whether that needs another loan or if he's ready for next season is probably down to him.

PS, I don't think Harper's got a future with us. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but with Morsy, Evans, Carroll, El Miz, and us also looking at Bakinson, I don't see where he fits in. And he looked very poor. A bright debut, but then downhill quickly.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 16:18]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 16:15 - Mar 16 with 2261 viewsitfcjoe

The Harper review is pretty scathing, he will be fighting for his career when he comes back in the summer for pre season - if he doesn't impress McKenna he is in big trouble and will likely drift out of the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 16:19 - Mar 16 with 2226 viewshype313

You could be forgiven to think that the Harper comments came from Town fans, similar comparisons. I do wonder if he was essentially a punt from Ashton hoping that it could be a promising gamble, seems so far it's not one that will pay off.

Good news on Ndaba, he could be a key player next season once Thompson goes back.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:29 - Mar 16 with 2031 viewsMenton

I have been impressed by McGavin when he’s played for us and I thought he could be a really good player next season. However, it doesn’t seem like he’s set the world alight with KL (worldie aside). A shame

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:46 - Mar 16 with 1943 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 16:15 - Mar 16 by itfcjoe

The Harper review is pretty scathing, he will be fighting for his career when he comes back in the summer for pre season - if he doesn't impress McKenna he is in big trouble and will likely drift out of the game

Harper will still have about £500k of wages to collect in that time while he ponders his next move.

Hopefully he will come back and show enough in pre-season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:55 - Mar 16 with 1883 viewsBiGDonnie

Nice one.

Ndaba sounds very promising and suited to our defensive shape. Gutted for Harper, really hope he comes good here.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 18:05 - Mar 16 with 1844 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I got the briefest of highlights of Crewe on Quest the other week, can't recall who they played but me made a shocker of a back pass that an opposition player pounced on to score from..

Good to see Ndaba doing well, Dobra is a worry.

When does the Swedish season start?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 18:35 - Mar 16 with 1731 viewsParisBlue

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:55 - Mar 16 by BiGDonnie

Nice one.

Ndaba sounds very promising and suited to our defensive shape. Gutted for Harper, really hope he comes good here.

Motm last night

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 18:44 - Mar 16 with 1710 viewsBiGDonnie

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 18:35 - Mar 16 by ParisBlue

Motm last night

Love that.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 1674 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:29 - Mar 16 by Menton

I have been impressed by McGavin when he’s played for us and I thought he could be a really good player next season. However, it doesn’t seem like he’s set the world alight with KL (worldie aside). A shame

Personally I don’t think he’s ever been more than ok….and Ok isn’t good enough for us moving forwards I’m afraid.

Poll: Our final position

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:01 - Mar 16 with 1663 viewsMenton

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:00 - Mar 16 by southnorfolkblue

Personally I don’t think he’s ever been more than ok….and Ok isn’t good enough for us moving forwards I’m afraid.

I think you are probably right. A case of our expectations of a player going right up since Gamechanger (thankfully).

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:22 - Mar 16 with 1603 viewsLeoMuff

Sounds like Ndaba could possibly cover the LWB role possibly ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:33 - Mar 16 with 1552 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:00 - Mar 16 by southnorfolkblue

Being OK coming into the team when it isn't doing well as a 20-year-old means that decent progression should see him capable of being a squad player. The issue is that this loan suggests he hasn't made that progression during it. Doesn't mean he won't make the progress but looking less likely.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:40 - Mar 16 with 1526 viewsNthQldITFC

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:55 - Mar 16 by BiGDonnie

Nice one.

Ndaba does indeed sound perfect for our setup. I've still got a funny feeling Harper will come good for us, but I think he needs the sort of quality coaching and motivation we seem to be providing at ITFC all of a sudden as opposed to time out on loan at a lower league club. For some reason I think he'll be a better player at Championship level (hopefully) or beyond than he will in League 2. He's certainly got a lot of good attributes, just needs the magic McKenna/Pert touch, and maybe a shot of self belief and motivation. Still young.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:49 - Mar 16 with 1506 viewsitfcjoe

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 19:33 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Being OK coming into the team when it isn't doing well as a 20-year-old means that decent progression should see him capable of being a squad player. The issue is that this loan suggests he hasn't made that progression during it. Doesn't mean he won't make the progress but looking less likely.

He's always lacked mobility for me, and at 22 the fact he was only able to get a loan at Kings Lynn speaks volumes - amazed he's lasted as long as he has here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 08:51 - Mar 17 with 1007 viewsSharkey

You'd think the law of averages would see more players at clubs having fun seasons.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 8:53]
Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 09:51 - Mar 17 with 877 viewstractorboy1978

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 16:15 - Mar 16 by itfcjoe

The Harper review is in line with what we saw early in the season as well - he was a big part of the reason we looked so open in midfield and conceded so many goals. I think lethargic is the right word. Based on what we've seen so far, Bakinson looks a far superior player.
Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 10:35 - Mar 17 with 788 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Loanee report in the East Anglian. on 17:29 - Mar 16 by Menton

Whilst you would assume he would do better than he is, KL really are terrible and there is no saving them. Short of Dovers issues, they would be comfortably bottom.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024