Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham fans on Ladapo 20:13 - May 30 with 4515 viewsgtsb1966

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38291129
[Post edited 30 May 2022 20:13]
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:16 - May 30 with 4428 viewsJ2BLUE

Irrelevant. We’ve seen it times and time again how a different manager and change of scene can be exactly what a player needs. Sounds like he has some raw talent and needs a manager to refine him.

I very much doubt he’s going to be our big summer striker signing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:17 - May 30 with 4399 viewsgtsb1966

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:16 - May 30 by J2BLUE

Irrelevant. We’ve seen it times and time again how a different manager and change of scene can be exactly what a player needs. Sounds like he has some raw talent and needs a manager to refine him.

I think you might be right. Expecting another .
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:17 - May 30 with 4392 viewspointofblue

Considering his scoring record I think he’s a more than decent signing at this level. McKenna and the coaches will just have to keep his attitude in check.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:23 - May 30 with 4317 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"That's them in League 1 for another season". Yeah, because he prevented them from getting promoted somehow!

Let's hope he is what we need going forward. It matters little what he has done in the past only what he will do for us over the next season or 3 or more.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:23 - May 30 with 4308 viewsxrayspecs

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:16 - May 30 by J2BLUE

He played alongside Smith at Rotherham, who is also out of contract this summer.

I would expect us to go with two up front best season.
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:38 - May 30 with 4075 viewsOriginalMarkyP

No surprise there.

They're hardly going to say we're getting a bargain and player.

He's on a free. KMcK wanted him it seems. So lets see.

It's funny with signings...Wimbledon fans would have lamented the loss of Piggot but he did nothing for us. This guy has scored a fair few goals for them and they slate him. You can't read too much into it. Just have to wait. I'm not sure he's been brought in to be the main man, but we'll find out.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:49 - May 30 with 3964 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 20:23 - May 30 by xrayspecs

He played alongside Smith at Rotherham, who is also out of contract this summer.

I would expect us to go with two up front best season.

If you need strikers and have the opportunity to sign the main two from the side that finished 2nd in the league last season, you would have to ask why you wouldn't really.

Of course, if you know you can definitely do better than fair enough but that pairing (if Smith does follow) would be good business in my book.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 21:00 - May 30 with 3819 viewssw20tractor

It seems like Ladepo was holding out for a move to Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham’s main rival.
It’s really not surprising that they are bitter.
I’m not reading much into it.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 21:42 - May 30 with 3388 viewsSimonds92

I've not read their forum but i am really hoping he's coming in as 3rd choice. If he forces his way in to the team because he's playing well then brilliant but purely based on his journeyman not particularly prolific career we can't be looking for him to be the main man.
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 22:04 - May 30 with 3197 viewsOldsmoker

Can't believe anyone still uses FootyMad.
The last post on the Ipswich forum was August 2019.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 22:06 - May 30 with 3183 viewsclive_baker

Always interesting to hear the views of other fans, there’s sometimes merit in them if they’re informed opinions. Having said that a new environment and a bit of love can do wonders for a players confidence and mindset. You probably would’ve found Town fans speaking unfavourably of Donacien had we flogged him last summer. Equally Hladky was lauded at previous clubs and hasn’t looked like he can catch a bus at Town.

I’ll judge as I find, good luck to the chap here’s hoping he can bang in a few goals.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 22:38 - May 30 with 2945 viewsSimonds92

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 21:42 - May 30 by Simonds92

I've not read their forum but i am really hoping he's coming in as 3rd choice. If he forces his way in to the team because he's playing well then brilliant but purely based on his journeyman not particularly prolific career we can't be looking for him to be the main man.

I know that down votes are par for the course when you don't blow your load over a new signing but genuinely interested as to why people would disagree. I'd be astonished if Jackson and Ladapo as the 2 first choice strikers are enough to get us out of the league. We have to be looking at someone else to be the main man.
Ladapo has effectively had a very similar season to Bonne and is 3 years older. If we signed Bonne and said right that's our main goal threat would we be happy with that?
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 23:09 - May 30 with 2749 viewsBigCommon

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 22:38 - May 30 by Simonds92

I know that down votes are par for the course when you don't blow your load over a new signing but genuinely interested as to why people would disagree. I'd be astonished if Jackson and Ladapo as the 2 first choice strikers are enough to get us out of the league. We have to be looking at someone else to be the main man.
Ladapo has effectively had a very similar season to Bonne and is 3 years older. If we signed Bonne and said right that's our main goal threat would we be happy with that?

I got the impression that you'd already dismissed him, before he's kicked a ball for us.... The Bonne analogy is pointless.. We've seen what Macca can do under KM.. We've yet to see how Freddy can do in the same system.... We get Freddy on a free, we'd have to pay a fee for Macca... The journey man tag , is a bit misleading when you research his career and factor in loans and moves he had to make to move up the divisions.... I found your post quite negative, tbh.. Hence the down vote.. Don't take it personally.. I was down voting your comment, not you as an individual....
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 23:34 - May 30 with 2635 viewsmarchy

Wonder if Wigan gave much of a toss what we were saying about Will Keane.
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 08:15 - May 31 with 1963 viewsWallingford_Boy

A much more balanced view from my Rotherham mate -

if Ipswich can integrate him into the team and make him feel like he’s number 1, he’ll get 25 goals next season. Struggled playing second fiddle to Smith at our place for 3 years and consequently spent a lot of time sulking! Scored at Hillsborough twice in wins for us so I’ll always be grateful. Think most Rotherham fans will slate him as his attitude stunk out the place at the end but from a football perspective, could be a cracking signing 👍

RIP Sir Bobby

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 08:21 - May 31 with 1921 viewsFrimleyBlue

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 21:42 - May 30 by Simonds92

Personally think you're expecting to much from our 'main man' remember we are league 1 and that has a certain ceiling. You won't find many better for our level and realism in terms of a signing, than Ladapo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 08:43 - May 31 with 1820 viewsSimonds92

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 23:09 - May 30 by BigCommon

I got the impression that you'd already dismissed him, before he's kicked a ball for us.... The Bonne analogy is pointless.. We've seen what Macca can do under KM.. We've yet to see how Freddy can do in the same system.... We get Freddy on a free, we'd have to pay a fee for Macca... The journey man tag , is a bit misleading when you research his career and factor in loans and moves he had to make to move up the divisions.... I found your post quite negative, tbh.. Hence the down vote.. Don't take it personally.. I was down voting your comment, not you as an individual....

Oh i definitely don't take it personally. My take on this is if he is a 3rd choice striker when we line up at the start of the season its a great bit of business to get him in. If he's the main man i dont think him and Jackson are going to score enough goals to get us out of the league. That's my concern, i just hope we bring someone else in who is good enough to be seen as our first choice from the start of the season.
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 09:12 - May 31 with 1666 viewsquad

"Bizarre player in many respects but i very much believe he would work well as a sole focus in an attacking three".

Interesting comment on the Rotherham forum. Sounds like he is a good fit for the system.
Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 09:31 - May 31 with 1542 viewsVic

If he scores as many for us as he has for them I th8nk we’ll be happy enough. He didn’t really seem to hamper them in three seasons did he, and the fact that he needed lots of chances to score - well that’s just standard for this level isn’t it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 11:09 - May 31 with 1331 viewsWallingford_Boy

Rotherham fans on Ladapo on 08:43 - May 31 by Simonds92

Oh i definitely don't take it personally. My take on this is if he is a 3rd choice striker when we line up at the start of the season its a great bit of business to get him in. If he's the main man i dont think him and Jackson are going to score enough goals to get us out of the league. That's my concern, i just hope we bring someone else in who is good enough to be seen as our first choice from the start of the season.

I don't think he will like not being the main man!

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024