Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. 08:33 - Jun 17 with 2338 viewsBloots

….I know you are all keen to hear my views.

Home - Like the collar detail, not so keen on the white accents in the sleeves. The blue looks a bit dark due to the image in the fabric. 7/10, it’s adequate.

Away - No need for the fussy thin stripes badge side. The collar is too thick. 5/10, disappointing.

Could have done better overall, but it’s just a kit.

#3stripes4life

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 08:38 - Jun 17 with 2293 viewshype313

I'll be honest, when I heard it was Umbro a while back, I was disappointed, never been a fan, always found them to be a bit Sport Direct/Slazenger/Lonsdale for me.

However, they have really surprised me, especially the home shirt, one of the nicest I've seen in a long, long time.

Not overly fussed with the away, but it's not awful by any stretch.

Home - 8.5/10
Away - 7/10

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 08:48 - Jun 17 with 2238 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I like Adidas, but found the generic kits disappointing.

Also the fit was a little odd.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 08:49 - Jun 17 with 2237 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 08:38 - Jun 17 by hype313

I'll be honest, when I heard it was Umbro a while back, I was disappointed, never been a fan, always found them to be a bit Sport Direct/Slazenger/Lonsdale for me.

However, they have really surprised me, especially the home shirt, one of the nicest I've seen in a long, long time.

Not overly fussed with the away, but it's not awful by any stretch.

Home - 8.5/10
Away - 7/10

Umbro was THE football brand in the 90's.

Somewhere along the way their Association with Sports Direct did drag them down.

However, hopefully on their was back (like Ipswich) and they seem to have put in more effort than Adidas ever did.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 08:56 - Jun 17 with 2202 viewsDubtractor

I like them both, but doubt I'll buy either as I only buy cheap, end of line, kits to play football in.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

s u b on 09:14 - Jun 17 with 2140 viewsDyland

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:21 - Jun 17 with 2117 viewsMullet

Nah

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:36 - Jun 17 with 2087 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought the home shirt was rubbish on first glance but have now changed my mind, think it could be looked back on as something of a classic in time, especially if we’re successful this season

The away shirt is cr*p and screams League One, but as you say it’s just a shirt

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:46 - Jun 17 with 2033 viewsOsborneOneNil

Both decent.

As people have said, at least Umbro have put some effort in.
Login to get fewer ads

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:48 - Jun 17 with 2033 viewsGuthrum

It doesn't look like a cast-off Chelsea strip, so that's a big improvement from the off.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:55 - Jun 17 with 2010 viewshype313

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 08:49 - Jun 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Umbro was THE football brand in the 90's.

Somewhere along the way their Association with Sports Direct did drag them down.

However, hopefully on their was back (like Ipswich) and they seem to have put in more effort than Adidas ever did.

Agreed, Adidas with their generic templates were just dull, I've got memories of the early 80's with the Trefoil logo and the kits were very nice, but these days they are boring and look more like training gear than kits.

Umbro were they brand in the 90's but I was never really a fan of their kits, the last one I liked was the 91 vintage, which is why I really like the new one.

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 10:01 - Jun 17 with 1976 viewsMullet

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:36 - Jun 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thought the home shirt was rubbish on first glance but have now changed my mind, think it could be looked back on as something of a classic in time, especially if we’re successful this season

Get new eyes my man

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 10:16 - Jun 17 with 1929 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:55 - Jun 17 by hype313

Agreed, Adidas with their generic templates were just dull, I've got memories of the early 80's with the Trefoil logo and the kits were very nice, but these days they are boring and look more like training gear than kits.

Umbro were they brand in the 90's but I was never really a fan of their kits, the last one I liked was the 91 vintage, which is why I really like the new one.

I think it depends when you got into following town.

My first kit was the 'laces' one, I still have the top and I love it... but I can see why some people don't. I also loved the Umbro training gear.

Is it still an improvement from .... on 10:30 - Jun 17 with 1901 viewsBloots

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:48 - Jun 17 by Guthrum

It doesn't look like a cast-off Chelsea strip, so that's a big improvement from the off.

...a retro Oldham kit and a Bournemouth tribute act?

They are fine but not as spunktastic as some people are saying.

///

[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 10:32]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 10:33 - Jun 17 with 1874 viewshype313

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 10:16 - Jun 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it depends when you got into following town.

My first kit was the 'laces' one, I still have the top and I love it... but I can see why some people don't. I also loved the Umbro training gear.

Mine was the 86 Fisons, that's still one of my favorites, probably more nostalgia than anything else.

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 11:06 - Jun 17 with 1832 viewsBonneNIL

The home is okay, the away is ruined by the stripes. They aren't the best kits we produced, I am glad we have sold loads, but I don't get the overhype about them either.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 11:20 - Jun 17 with 1783 viewshype313

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 11:06 - Jun 17 by BonneNIL

The home is okay, the away is ruined by the stripes. They aren't the best kits we produced, I am glad we have sold loads, but I don't get the overhype about them either.

My West Ham supporting mate is really quite jealous of our Home shirt, he seems to think Umbro have put far more thought into our than theirs, and I tend to agree.

It's also significantly cheaper too.

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 11:27 - Jun 17 with 1759 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 10:33 - Jun 17 by hype313

Mine was the 86 Fisons, that's still one of my favorites, probably more nostalgia than anything else.

Nice shirt TBF.

Is it still an improvement from .... on 12:12 - Jun 17 with 1694 viewsGuthrum

Is it still an improvement from .... on 10:30 - Jun 17 by Bloots

...a retro Oldham kit and a Bournemouth tribute act?

They are fine but not as spunktastic as some people are saying.

///

[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 10:32]

That's only because Oldham have had very similar blue shirts to Ipswich over the years.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 14:07 - Jun 17 with 1561 viewsVic

The home shirt is nice - it’s growing on me (or have I just eaten too much lunch?)

The away is the dogs doo dahs - absolutely lovely. But I speak as one who still wears his 1993 red and black away kit.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 14:26 - Jun 17 with 1528 viewsNthQldITFC

Football shirts: 'People put such value on these bits of polyester'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61322455

Venezia FC certainly is a beautiful design.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 14:38 - Jun 17 with 1495 viewsMattinLondon

In my opinion of the previous modern adidas kits have been quite dull or not that great. The better ones better just average.

The new home kit is a lot lot better and I’ll give it 8.5/10.

The away kit is a dull red affair- all of the previous red kits we’ve had have been poor.
Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 18:39 - Jun 17 with 1396 viewsVaughan8

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:36 - Jun 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What is a "league one shirt"? haha

Anyway, we are in League one.

I like the away one. Just wish it didn't have the weird thin stripes and the stripes on the sleeves.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 18:40]
Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 20:04 - Jun 17 with 1317 viewsGeoffSentence

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 14:26 - Jun 17 by NthQldITFC

Football shirts: 'People put such value on these bits of polyester'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61322455

Venezia FC certainly is a beautiful design.

I have to agree the Venezia one did look good. What colour was it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 20:36 - Jun 17 with 1300 viewsNthQldITFC

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 20:04 - Jun 17 by GeoffSentence

I have to agree the Venezia one did look good. What colour was it?

I didn't notice.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 09:10 - Jun 18 with 1118 viewsOsborneOneNil

Dr Bloots “late to the party” kit thoughts…. on 10:33 - Jun 17 by hype313

Mine was 81 home & away. The best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024