Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? 08:45 - Aug 2 with 2519 viewsringwoodblue

It’s pretty obvious that Liz Truss is going to win as all of the main contenders have announced their support in order to secure themselves a cabinet position. Let’s face it, it’s all about self-interest.

We have to put up with another month of this cr@p and at the end of that month, we get another incompetent PM that we haven’t voted for and who won’t be addressing the big issues that most of us face.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 1724 viewsDubtractor

It is both boring and depressing, seeing as we'll have another cabinet filled with the worst dregs of the current government. Rees-Mogg, Patel, Braverman, Dorries.........

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Please move to correct section. Thanks. (n/t) on 09:00 - Aug 2 with 1670 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:02 - Aug 2 with 1668 viewsDJR

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 08:49 - Aug 2 by Dubtractor

It is both boring and depressing, seeing as we'll have another cabinet filled with the worst dregs of the current government. Rees-Mogg, Patel, Braverman, Dorries.........

Someone like Tom Tugendhat isn't any better. He's my local MP and I've seen him at close quarters since he first stood in the hustings for his seat. He hasn't a clue, is a one-trick pony with a very narrow view of foreign affairs, and bangs on about his army career as if he took on the Taliban single-handedly, even though he was only in the TA and not a front-line fighter. He also claims to be a One Nation Tory, but for the purposes of self-advancement is prepared to tie himself to the mast of the very right wing Truss. Tom Nice But Dim would be a good way of describing him.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 9:05]
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:02 - Aug 2 with 1662 viewsBlueBlood90

I'm bored with Tories full stop.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:05 - Aug 2 with 1652 viewsbluejacko

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:02 - Aug 2 by BlueBlood90

I'm bored with Tories full stop.

I’m bored with Labour,Libdems,Sien Fein,SNP and remoaners😉 think that just about covers it.
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:07 - Aug 2 with 1630 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s a comedy that keeps on giving

Truss’s cabinet is going to be a gift for comedians

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:19 - Aug 2 with 1572 viewsSkip_Intro

I'm getting bored of political threads in the football section...
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:22 - Aug 2 with 1552 viewsBlueBlood90

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:05 - Aug 2 by bluejacko

I’m bored with Labour,Libdems,Sien Fein,SNP and remoaners😉 think that just about covers it.

No mention of the vaccine just to be extra gammon?

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:49 - Aug 2 with 1463 viewsbluejacko

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:22 - Aug 2 by BlueBlood90

Nope I had it 😀
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:08 - Aug 2 with 1417 viewsBlueNomad

Arsenic or strychnine?
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 1410 viewsPowrigan

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:22 - Aug 2 by BlueBlood90

When was the Vaccine Party formed? Will have to look at their plans for the country.
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:19 - Aug 2 with 1357 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:02 - Aug 2 by DJR

Someone like Tom Tugendhat isn't any better. He's my local MP and I've seen him at close quarters since he first stood in the hustings for his seat. He hasn't a clue, is a one-trick pony with a very narrow view of foreign affairs, and bangs on about his army career as if he took on the Taliban single-handedly, even though he was only in the TA and not a front-line fighter. He also claims to be a One Nation Tory, but for the purposes of self-advancement is prepared to tie himself to the mast of the very right wing Truss. Tom Nice But Dim would be a good way of describing him.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 9:05]

"not a front-line fighter"

He literally served in Iraq and Afghanistan and was wounded on the frontline.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tom-tugendhat-wounded-in-a-10hr-firefight-in-

How does your record of service stand up against his?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 10:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:32 - Aug 2 with 1321 viewsBlueBadger

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 09:05 - Aug 2 by bluejacko

What is it about the Tories you like best? The bigotry, the corruption, the incompetence or the criminality?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 11:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:38 - Aug 2 with 1301 viewsleitrimblue

Still enjoying the DUP, BNP, UKIP and the Tories though I imagine
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:43 - Aug 2 with 1280 viewssolemio

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 08:49 - Aug 2 by Dubtractor

Average IQ of those you mention? 75?
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:44 - Aug 2 with 1276 viewsmutters

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:32 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

What is it about the Tories you like best? The bigotry, the corruption, the incompetence or the criminality?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 11:00]

Personally, I like the corruption as its the one that stick in the minds and will come back to haunt them the most

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:51 - Aug 2 with 1250 viewsWhos_blue

I can't wait to "get the leadership race done".
We can then look forward to a Truss government that further attempts to neuter trade unions, divides the public sector in a postcode lottery on pay and removes civil servants responsible for managing equality and inclusion.
As the saying goes - What a time to be alive.........

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:59 - Aug 2 with 1216 viewsBlueBadger

Good news everyone! Mad Lizzy is going to ensure that we have fewer hedgerows and more phosphates in the rivers!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/liz-truss-british-farming-deregul

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 1211 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes.

It’s also a ridiculous amount of time to have different shades of neoliberal fantasy dominating the news cycle and debate. The relative detachment and distance between these posturing games and the pressing reality of workers’ needs and the cost of living crisis is also infuriating and insulting.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:09 - Aug 2 with 1179 viewsLord_Lucan

It would have been interesting if there hadn't of been a massive stitch up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 1163 viewsBlueBadger

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:09 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

All these millionaire sociopaths blur into one after a while tbh.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 11:16]

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:22 - Aug 2 with 1128 viewsEdmundo

Time to hit the streets... personally I'm appalled that the Tory pigs are snuffling at the trough, ignoring energy companies ripping off customers, not helping anyone to cope with the winter ahead, and simultaneously dropping every climate change pledge. Truss was foreign secretary at COP26: not one of her speeches mentioned the environment. But her Instagram page is full of all the lovely places she's visited in her government-sanctioned private jet.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:30 - Aug 2 with 1112 viewsSeablu

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:09 - Aug 2 by Lord_Lucan

Have
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 11:48 - Aug 2 with 1065 viewsDJR

Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 10:19 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

"not a front-line fighter"

He literally served in Iraq and Afghanistan and was wounded on the frontline.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tom-tugendhat-wounded-in-a-10hr-firefight-in-

How does your record of service stand up against his?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 10:20]

That's the first I've heard of it, and as I've heard him speak many times, I'm sure he would have mentioned it before because he never stops going on about his army experience. I can't read the whole article as it's paywalled, but interesting to see it come out during the leadership campaign, so knowing him I'm sure he's embellished the facts to advance his campaign. Whatever the position, my understanding is that his role in Afghanistan and Iran was more back office, but to hear him you would never think it. Other MPs with army experience (eg. Johnny Mercer) have much more dignity when it comes to their experience, but Tugendhat has had the ambition (but not the ability) to be PM from day one.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 11:51]
Is anyone else getting bored with the Tory leadership race now? on 12:17 - Aug 2 with 1013 viewsjaykay

what more did you expect from the lying cheating tories, a clean fright ? i wonder which way the rosary and ipswich central members will vote

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024