Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t get too high with the highs…. 17:37 - Dec 17 with 3139 viewsitfcjoe

….or too low with the lows.

Still in top 2, still above 2 points per game, still the best GD in the league.

Great manager, great squad, great fanbase - just enjoy this season as we romp to promotion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:39 - Dec 17 with 2573 viewsBlueBadger

Joe, you're far too late for this mate, there was besh1tted beds before half time from the lads who love a defeat more than they do a win here.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 17:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:41 - Dec 17 with 2532 viewsPlums

Spot on. There's no benefit in over analysing every moment. We're out in front, enjoy the ride. The strategy is correct and being delivered on.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:43 - Dec 17 with 2517 viewsRadioOrwell

What is surprising is how bad WW were.
They did one thing and scored.

We played a lot of sweet football and lost.
We need to spend big - Buy striker.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:44 - Dec 17 with 2499 viewsChurchman

You are right Joe.

I just find it a little frustrating at the moment. We are in my view stronger than anyone in this division and have the capacity to run away with it. I just want us to show it.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:44 - Dec 17 with 2492 viewsJ2BLUE

Much easier to take when it feels like it won't matter in the long run.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:46 - Dec 17 with 2464 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....and hopefully get another striker in Jan to add to our options. We just need a little more help at that end of the pitch.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:46 - Dec 17 with 2460 viewspointofblue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:44 - Dec 17 by Churchman

You are right Joe.

I just find it a little frustrating at the moment. We are in my view stronger than anyone in this division and have the capacity to run away with it. I just want us to show it.

This. Considering the amount spent and the players in the squad we should be showing more than we are. It's frustrating.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:47 - Dec 17 with 2443 viewsSitfcB

Will uppie this on Monday

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:53 - Dec 17 with 2351 viewsChurchman

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:46 - Dec 17 by pointofblue

This. Considering the amount spent and the players in the squad we should be showing more than we are. It's frustrating.

We are really close to tearing just about every opponent apart. We just need that additional 5% maybe 10% max. We are not being dominated by anyone.

Teams are finding ways to scratch out points and in three cases wins. Well done them, but we must find a way of putting them away.

I think the players are showing their quality. Constant changes through injury hasn’t helped and we are a forward light, in my view.

But the OP is of course correct.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:54 - Dec 17 with 2346 viewsgainsboroughblue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:44 - Dec 17 by Churchman

You are right Joe.

Pretty much summed up nicely.

We are throwing a lot at this, only to not appear overly convincing or ruthless.

If there had been mad goalmouth scrambles, woodwork involved etc, fIne. We just seemed to limp to defeat today. I said on another thread, we need a bit of a refresh in January but to be honest, we should have more than enough about us already and that is the frustration I think.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:55 - Dec 17 with 2327 viewsgtsb1966

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:39 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

Joe, you're far too late for this mate, there was besh1tted beds before half time from the lads who love a defeat more than they do a win here.

You seem to forget that you was one of those people in the Evans era. Many a time you waited until we were losing to log on and comment. When we won you were nowhere to be seen.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 18:59 - Dec 17 with 2111 viewsBlueBadger

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:55 - Dec 17 by gtsb1966

You seem to forget that you was one of those people in the Evans era. Many a time you waited until we were losing to log on and comment. When we won you were nowhere to be seen.

I think you're confusing 'being baffled by people willing to applaud to relegation under a fraud of a manager and neglectful owner' with 'sh1tting the bed because we don't win every single game under someone competent' here, Albie.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:01 - Dec 17 with 2098 viewsibbleobble

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 18:59 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

I think you're confusing 'being baffled by people willing to applaud to relegation under a fraud of a manager and neglectful owner' with 'sh1tting the bed because we don't win every single game under someone competent' here, Albie.

No crib tonight?
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:04 - Dec 17 with 2074 viewsBlueBadger

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:01 - Dec 17 by ibbleobble

No crib tonight?

Weird flex, but hey, you roll with it.

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:16 - Dec 17 with 2009 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 18:59 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

And fraud players first and foremost. But they spoke out so well didn't they?
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:19 - Dec 17 with 1997 viewsibbleobble

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:04 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

Weird flex, but hey, you roll with it.

I do find it funny that you imagine there to be a social hierarchy on here of which you are above others on. “Bedwetters”, “bedshi*ers”…zzzz. Playground level stuff.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:29 - Dec 17 with 1944 viewsBlueBadger

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:19 - Dec 17 by ibbleobble

I do find it funny that you imagine there to be a social hierarchy on here of which you are above others on. “Bedwetters”, “bedshi*ers”…zzzz. Playground level stuff.

If it helps, you've been placed into the 'wedding photograph enthusiast' bracket, chuckles.

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:34 - Dec 17 with 1914 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:39 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

Which Ipswich fan does love a defeat more than the wins? What a brain fart you are having.

Stick to your leftish hysterias and leave the football debate for the Town fans.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:41 - Dec 17 with 1882 viewsbazza

I think romp is a bit strong to be fair.. going to be a long old season.. what worries me, is the likes of Bolton derby and Barnsley, all gradually closing the gap.. I dread to think of us in the play offs. We definitely need to address the lack of any kind of killer instinct in front of goal..
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:00 - Dec 17 with 1793 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 19:41 - Dec 17 by bazza

I think romp is a bit strong to be fair.. going to be a long old season.. what worries me, is the likes of Bolton derby and Barnsley, all gradually closing the gap.. I dread to think of us in the play offs. We definitely need to address the lack of any kind of killer instinct in front of goal..

Today those gaps are:

Bolton 10 pts
Derby 11 pts
Barnsley 9 pts

5 matches ago
Bolton 10 pts
Derby 12 pts
Barnsley 13 pts

10 matches ago
Bolton 7 pts
Derby 10 pts
Barnsley 7 pts

Bolton's gap has grown by 3 pts (and more recently stayed the same); Derby's has grown by 1 point but also shrunk by 2 over the past 5 matches; Barnsley's as grown by 2 despite shrinking by 4 in the last 5 matches.

It is going to be a very long time at that rate of closing the gap unless you are extrapolating from just one result. If you simply take Barnsley's rate of closing over the specific 5 match period then they would catch us after a dozen matches. However, over that same period backwards their inconsistent form would suggest the gap is just as likely to have grown. We simply need to worry about maintaining our own form not worry about those well below us in the table.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:21 - Dec 17 with 1724 viewsbazza

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:00 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Today those gaps are:

Bolton 10 pts
Derby 11 pts
Barnsley 9 pts

5 matches ago
Bolton 10 pts
Derby 12 pts
Barnsley 13 pts

10 matches ago
Bolton 7 pts
Derby 10 pts
Barnsley 7 pts

Bolton's gap has grown by 3 pts (and more recently stayed the same); Derby's has grown by 1 point but also shrunk by 2 over the past 5 matches; Barnsley's as grown by 2 despite shrinking by 4 in the last 5 matches.

It is going to be a very long time at that rate of closing the gap unless you are extrapolating from just one result. If you simply take Barnsley's rate of closing over the specific 5 match period then they would catch us after a dozen matches. However, over that same period backwards their inconsistent form would suggest the gap is just as likely to have grown. We simply need to worry about maintaining our own form not worry about those well below us in the table.

As I said, it will be a long season, and bigger gaps than 11 points have been closed before. I’m confident we can achieve promotion, but we can’t keep dominating games and drawing or
Losing, otherwise we will get caught out, and that’s a problem we’ve had all
Season, not just a single game.
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:31 - Dec 17 with 1663 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:21 - Dec 17 by bazza

As I said, it will be a long season, and bigger gaps than 11 points have been closed before. I’m confident we can achieve promotion, but we can’t keep dominating games and drawing or
Losing, otherwise we will get caught out, and that’s a problem we’ve had all
Season, not just a single game.

We have built those double-figure gaps whilst having this problem all season.

You are right, we can't afford to drop in form but we can afford to draw and lose the odd game as we have done.

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:46 - Dec 17 with 1613 viewsbazza

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:31 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

We have built those double-figure gaps whilst having this problem all season.

You are right, we can't afford to drop in form but we can afford to draw and lose the odd game as we have done.

But not if the teams below finish stronger in the second half, and hit some form , I admire your optimism though , maybe I’m just a worrier..
Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 21:01 - Dec 17 with 1547 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 20:46 - Dec 17 by bazza

But not if the teams below finish stronger in the second half, and hit some form , I admire your optimism though , maybe I’m just a worrier..

Our current form has on 94 points. None of the teams mentioned will match that. Only us, Wednesday and Plymouth can. For us to be caught by those others would require us to lose form.

We do, however, need to maintain our form and ensure we at least match Wednesday's.

No no no no no no on 21:09 - Dec 17 with 1514 viewsunstableblue

Don’t get too high with the highs…. on 17:43 - Dec 17 by RadioOrwell

What is surprising is how bad WW were.
They did one thing and scored.

We played a lot of sweet football and lost.
We need to spend big - Buy striker.

Wycombe were horrible to watch; to have fans revelling in their sh!thousery and that style is just weird!!

But, BUT, to say Wycombe we’re bad is somewhat inaccurate, their shape and depth and closing of players was very good, they’re reaction and blocking to when we entered the box was high intensity

Yes they were horrible to watch but they were effective and actually carved out a few decent chances as well

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024