Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ fight tomorrow cost 20:09 - Aug 11 with 2962 viewsgtsb1966

Can't believe SKY still want £26.95 for a hand picked opponent. Crazy when you think that some who have already paid will want a refund.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 20:58 - Aug 11 with 2540 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I wouldn't pay it in the first place. Its like paying a Portman Road full ticket price for a friendly against Needham Market.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 21:50 - Aug 11 with 2463 viewsDaninthecampo

Having the weigh in at Westfield shopping centre certainly adds to the glamour and excitement!
I'm not going to bother to watch it even for free
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 21:59 - Aug 11 with 2435 viewsitfcsuth

Given the circumstance - of no fault to AJ/Matchroom - Helenius is a solid selection.

He’s active, been in camp and shared the ring with some big names.

DAZN subscription means I now get it as part of my £9.99 a month package which I think is solid value for money - especially with a good undercard.

£27 seems steep though but that’s a sky issue.

AJ still a top 3 heavyweight on the planet and expect him to do the business within 6 - looking forward to it.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:15 - Aug 12 with 2345 viewsJimmyJazz

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 20:58 - Aug 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

I wouldn't pay it in the first place. Its like paying a Portman Road full ticket price for a friendly against Needham Market.

Its like paying a Portman Road full ticket price for a Carabao Cup game!!

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:28 - Aug 12 with 2332 viewsredrickstuhaart

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 21:59 - Aug 11 by itfcsuth

Given the circumstance - of no fault to AJ/Matchroom - Helenius is a solid selection.

DAZN subscription means I now get it as part of my £9.99 a month package which I think is solid value for money - especially with a good undercard.

AJ still a top 3 heavyweight on the planet and expect him to do the business within 6 - looking forward to it.

There were options already on the bill which were better, but too risky.

Top 3? Really?

Usik, Wilder, Fury...
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:37 - Aug 12 with 2325 viewsWeirdFishes

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:28 - Aug 12 by redrickstuhaart

Top 3? Really?

Usik, Wilder, Fury...

Anthony Joshua is a better boxer than Deontay Wilder.

Second fight versus Usyk showed he isn’t even that far behind him.

Heavy weight boxing is absolutely dead anyway, TV politics habe absolutely ruined what should have been a golden era.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 01:18 - Aug 12 with 2301 viewsWicklowBlue

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:37 - Aug 12 by WeirdFishes

Heavy weight boxing is absolutely dead anyway, TV politics habe absolutely ruined what should have been a golden era.

Disagree....

Joshua needs a good fight to get him back relevant. He needs rounds to get active again. The fight against Whyte wasn't ever going to do that but it was a path forward. Whoever the replacement is Joshua needs to get into the ring and find himself.

For me if Joshua went up against Wilder right now... Wilder destroys him. Heavy weight boxing is crap because the contenders to the throne are too busy running away from each other. We should have seen the Joshua v Fury fight years ago... now its probably not going to happen imho.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 06:06 - Aug 12 with 2247 viewsitfcsuth

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:28 - Aug 12 by redrickstuhaart

Top 3? Really?

Usik, Wilder, Fury...

Filip Hrgovic was the only other option on the bill - but Hrgovic is mandatory IBF challenger if he wins on Saturday.

Hrgovic not willing to risk that by facing AJ - he stands a far better chance beating McKean than he does AJ.

Without a shadow of a doubt AJ remains a top 3 heavyweight - Fury, Usyk, AJ.
Login to get fewer ads

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:23 - Aug 12 with 2198 viewsBuffaloBill

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:37 - Aug 12 by WeirdFishes

Seriously?

AJ has literally beaten not 1 decent fighter in their prime,Wilder would beat him as AJ is a 1 trick pony

Second point of order, HW is dead? The 3 Fury/Wilder fights were absolute belters.

I can't believe people still this Joshua thing going. I remember calling out several 'experts' on here a while back. Claiming Joshua would unify and was better than all 3 you mentioned, problem is he never proved it. He's a show pony

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:52 - Aug 12 with 2169 viewshype313

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:23 - Aug 12 by BuffaloBill

Seriously?

AJ has literally beaten not 1 decent fighter in their prime,Wilder would beat him as AJ is a 1 trick pony

Second point of order, HW is dead? The 3 Fury/Wilder fights were absolute belters.

I can't believe people still this Joshua thing going. I remember calling out several 'experts' on here a while back. Claiming Joshua would unify and was better than all 3 you mentioned, problem is he never proved it. He's a show pony

Who has Wilder beaten in thier prime?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 08:54 - Aug 12 with 2119 viewsBuffaloBill

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:52 - Aug 12 by hype313

Who has Wilder beaten in thier prime?

Nobody but he's given Fury 3 tough, tough fights and Fury would have schooled AJ a million times over, so I reckon Wilder gets way more Brownie points

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 09:20 - Aug 12 with 2080 viewsVaughan8

Eddie hearn did say on the radio they can get a refund (apparently
).

Genuine question - does the qeigh in for these fights always have to have some sort of embarrassing exchange between the 2 fighters?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 9:22]
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 23:42 - Aug 12 with 1906 viewsBuffaloBill

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 09:20 - Aug 12 by Vaughan8

Eddie hearn did say on the radio they can get a refund (apparently
).

Genuine question - does the qeigh in for these fights always have to have some sort of embarrassing exchange between the 2 fighters?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 9:22]

This bloke, what a clogger. Absolutely dire

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:05 - Aug 13 with 1863 viewsReus30

Boxing in general has just become essentially twitter or WWE.

It's fake bravado, pathetic trash talking and no fights of note. The fact you have to pay a ton of money to watch a fight is a joke.

Having KSI there and headlining a PPV later in the year just goes to show what a Mickey mouse sport it has become. Why is that has been McGregor in the ring too. Who gives a f! I honestly also hope Wilder destroys AJ and big Francis beats Fury too in their 'exhibition'.

MMA is where it is at right now especially the HW division with Tom Aspinall. Boxing needs complete reform.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:19 - Aug 13 with 1832 viewsWicklowBlue

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 00:05 - Aug 13 by Reus30

It's fake bravado, pathetic trash talking and no fights of note. The fact you have to pay a ton of money to watch a fight is a joke.

Having KSI there and headlining a PPV later in the year just goes to show what a Mickey mouse sport it has become. Why is that has been McGregor in the ring too. Who gives a f! I honestly also hope Wilder destroys AJ and big Francis beats Fury too in their 'exhibition'.

MMA is where it is at right now especially the HW division with Tom Aspinall. Boxing needs complete reform.

As for that pumped up scumbag McGregor! Who let him in the ring!!!

I think it would be a mistake for Joshua to go in against Wilder next. Needs a few fights to really get his confidence back. Devastating finish but was again too cautious, needs to throw more combos and keep the pressure on his opponent.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 01:06 - Aug 13 with 1791 viewsSWBlue22

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 06:06 - Aug 12 by itfcsuth

Filip Hrgovic was the only other option on the bill - but Hrgovic is mandatory IBF challenger if he wins on Saturday.

Hrgovic not willing to risk that by facing AJ - he stands a far better chance beating McKean than he does AJ.

Without a shadow of a doubt AJ remains a top 3 heavyweight - Fury, Usyk, AJ.

Based on tonight’s performance if Wilder hits AJ with one of his massive punches it’s game over. AJ is a shadow of himself. Big payday before he retires. Never mind all the people who struggle to live day by day I would take a punch like that to sort my family out for life.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:31 - Aug 13 with 1717 viewscressi

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 21:59 - Aug 11 by itfcsuth

The heavyweight division is a joke. Got Fury fighting somebody not even a boxing match AJ lost to Ruiz who looked like he needed the Atkins diet it's not for me and I definitely won't pay for that rubbish rather watch and pay for Crawford v Davis don't care if they are not British want to watch real fights not gimmicks
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:32 - Aug 13 with 1713 viewsHerbivore

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 08:54 - Aug 12 by BuffaloBill

Nobody but he's given Fury 3 tough, tough fights and Fury would have schooled AJ a million times over, so I reckon Wilder gets way more Brownie points

So Wilder is better than AJ because Wilder lost three times (Fury boxed his head off in the draw, Wilder lost that fight too to anyone with a pair of eyes) to a fighter who hasn't fought AJ, despite AJ wanting the fight? That makes zero sense. AJ has beaten a much better calibre of fighter than Wilder over his career, he's fought and beaten several fighters who were rated in the top 10 in the division at the time he fought them. The only guy Wilder has beaten who that applies to is Luis Ortiz, who would have stopped Wilder in their first fight if he wasn't about 50 and massively unfit.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 7:37]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:35 - Aug 13 with 1702 viewsHerbivore

MMA hasn't been the same since The Undertaker retired.

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:36 - Aug 13 with 1693 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When it was being advertised the other day, my son asked, "what's the point of boxing?" The answer "trying to hit someone in the head until you knock them unconscious" seemed rather a pertinent answer really.

I do get that it is a sport with skill and there are arguments about it giving people from working class backgrounds opportunities and channelling aggression. I also get that it is a lot safer than it once was, but I am not comfortable with it as a sport really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:42 - Aug 13 with 1664 viewscressi

Bottom line they all avoid each other like the plague Fury says not the money won't fight Usyk they should should strip them of their titles all trash talk now if you don't fight the top contender within 12 months take their titles away unless injured give them extra 6 months.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 10:22 - Aug 13 with 1596 viewsBuffaloBill

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:36 - Aug 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

When it was being advertised the other day, my son asked, "what's the point of boxing?" The answer "trying to hit someone in the head until you knock them unconscious" seemed rather a pertinent answer really.

I do get that it is a sport with skill and there are arguments about it giving people from working class backgrounds opportunities and channelling aggression. I also get that it is a lot safer than it once was, but I am not comfortable with it as a sport really.

Oh, you're one of those

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 19:39 - Aug 13 with 1477 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hw division yes.

Boxing in general no.

Just recently we have had Spence vs Crawford, Fulton vs Inoue, Haney vs Loma, Tank vs Garcia Lopez vs Taylor. These are elite fights, best fighting the best.

Im loving boxing atm.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 20:21 - Aug 13 with 1442 viewsVegtablue

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 07:32 - Aug 13 by Herbivore

So Wilder is better than AJ because Wilder lost three times (Fury boxed his head off in the draw, Wilder lost that fight too to anyone with a pair of eyes) to a fighter who hasn't fought AJ, despite AJ wanting the fight? That makes zero sense. AJ has beaten a much better calibre of fighter than Wilder over his career, he's fought and beaten several fighters who were rated in the top 10 in the division at the time he fought them. The only guy Wilder has beaten who that applies to is Luis Ortiz, who would have stopped Wilder in their first fight if he wasn't about 50 and massively unfit.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 7:37]

Wilder in his prime wins for me. AJ is the better boxer but I don't think he's skilful enough to avoid Wilder's punching power over 12 rounds. Wilder is tough and I don't see AJ inflicting enough damage to nullify him. No question AJ has faced more high calibre opponents, although I see Fury as comfortably the best either has faced - Klitschko at 41 was done, as close as the fight was. What I'm less confident about is Father Time. There are exceptions but 35 is commonly considered the age when performances begin to decline and Wilder will be 38 when (if) they fight.
AJ fight tomorrow cost on 20:34 - Aug 13 with 1425 viewsHerbivore

AJ fight tomorrow cost on 20:21 - Aug 13 by Vegtablue

Wilder in his prime wins for me. AJ is the better boxer but I don't think he's skilful enough to avoid Wilder's punching power over 12 rounds. Wilder is tough and I don't see AJ inflicting enough damage to nullify him. No question AJ has faced more high calibre opponents, although I see Fury as comfortably the best either has faced - Klitschko at 41 was done, as close as the fight was. What I'm less confident about is Father Time. There are exceptions but 35 is commonly considered the age when performances begin to decline and Wilder will be 38 when (if) they fight.

Both in their prime, AJ bangs him out, imo. Pre-Ruiz he was a very aggressive fighter and Wilder is terrible trying to fight off the back foot, as Fury showed. Wilder doesn't have a great chin. Ortiz nearly stopped him, Fury has stopped him twice and he's not particularly known as a big puncher. AJ's chin isn't great either but if we're talking both men at their best, AJ is the better boxer and I'd see him landing something big first.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024