Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. 20:10 - Jan 13 with 2041 viewsNeedhamChris

In no universe was Sam Allison a Premier League quality referee.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 20:20 - Jan 13 with 1966 viewsIllinoisblue

He was awful. One of the worst this season. Card-happy in a game that was never that physical

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 20:38 - Jan 13 with 1904 viewsNeedhamChris

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 20:20 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

He was awful. One of the worst this season. Card-happy in a game that was never that physical

Agree, he was no Rebecca Welch

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 1838 viewsbournemouthblue

Nothing surprises me to hear he is reffing that level

He was incredibly pernickety and seemed to give whatever he wanted

How he misses the stone wall penno on Hutch I have no idea?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 21:02 - Jan 13 with 1799 viewsibbleobble

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 20:52 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

I assumed he thought it was a slip but played the advantage. I wasn’t sure if there was actually a faint touch in real time. Thought he gave a couple of soft yellows but a few others should have been carded. Calling him “awful” and “the worst” is a bit am dram to be honest. He did OK, nothing more or less.

This is a ref who has played at a respectable level too so unless ex Prem players star refereeing, I’ve no idea how we get people with right level of experience of the game required given it’s taken Alinson this long (early 40s) to get here.
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 21:03 - Jan 13 with 1776 viewsbournemouthblue

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 21:02 - Jan 13 by ibbleobble

I assumed he thought it was a slip but played the advantage. I wasn’t sure if there was actually a faint touch in real time. Thought he gave a couple of soft yellows but a few others should have been carded. Calling him “awful” and “the worst” is a bit am dram to be honest. He did OK, nothing more or less.

This is a ref who has played at a respectable level too so unless ex Prem players star refereeing, I’ve no idea how we get people with right level of experience of the game required given it’s taken Alinson this long (early 40s) to get here.

It was clear he was that type of referee and the players knew it, hence Jackson making the most of that elbow

He was reasonably consistent but exactly the sort of ref you don't want in a tight niggly game

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 21:09 - Jan 13 with 1732 viewsWeirdFishes

One of the worst refereeing displays I can ever remember seeing at PR.

To not give the clear cut penalty after putting his whistle to his lips topped off a shocking performance from him.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 22:54 - Jan 13 with 1489 viewsReus30

To be fair to the ref, I thought he had a fairly decent first half. Was in control, pace of the game was decent and is seemed equal on balance.

Second half he completely lost control hence the cards and missed pen.
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 22:56 - Jan 13 with 1474 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I mean, he had a pretty good game in the prem the other week. He had a OK game tonight and was overly card happy. Refs, like players, have good games and bad games.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 23:00 - Jan 13 with 1455 viewsDubtractor

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 22:54 - Jan 13 by Reus30

To be fair to the ref, I thought he had a fairly decent first half. Was in control, pace of the game was decent and is seemed equal on balance.

Second half he completely lost control hence the cards and missed pen.

That's how I saw it too - OK in the first half, pretty bad in the second.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 01:11 - Jan 14 with 1263 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He was terrible and getting conned so easily... first by Sunderland and then we started doing it too (might as well).

I actually suggested to my mate we should try throwing ourselves to the floor with this ref and it started to work for us too.

That's without even mentioning the pen.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 01:44 - Jan 14 with 1217 viewsJimmy86

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 01:11 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

He was terrible and getting conned so easily... first by Sunderland and then we started doing it too (might as well).

I actually suggested to my mate we should try throwing ourselves to the floor with this ref and it started to work for us too.

One of the worst referee's I've seen at Portman Road! Honest to god, he was terrible... The way we celebrated a decision from him, as if we'd scored a goal tells you everything you need to know
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 02:56 - Jan 14 with 1169 viewsstonojnr

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 01:11 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

it annoyed me more it took us nearly 3/4qtrs of the game to work that out.

whilst I normally admire our players ability to not fall to that level of gamesmanship, sometimes you have to play the game smart.
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 06:22 - Jan 14 with 1082 viewstractorboy1978

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 20:52 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

He didn’t miss it. He knew it was a penalty hence putting his whistle to his lips. He then for some reason thought he wouldn’t go back when we gained no advantage.
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 10:23 - Jan 14 with 868 views78convert

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 06:22 - Jan 14 by tractorboy1978

He didn’t miss it. He knew it was a penalty hence putting his whistle to his lips. He then for some reason thought he wouldn’t go back when we gained no advantage.

I’m convinced that the problem is referees in todays game who are on a path to the premier league or in the premier league have the mindset that they don’t need to make those decisions anymore, as when they achieve their premier league goal they know they will have VAR to cover their backs.
Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 10:28 - Jan 14 with 843 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 10:23 - Jan 14 by 78convert

I’m convinced that the problem is referees in todays game who are on a path to the premier league or in the premier league have the mindset that they don’t need to make those decisions anymore, as when they achieve their premier league goal they know they will have VAR to cover their backs.

We half-joked in the pub afterwards that the ref didn't give it because he was leaving it to VAR to sort out.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 10:55 - Jan 14 with 799 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good job Joey Barton wasn't watching that. on 10:28 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

We half-joked in the pub afterwards that the ref didn't give it because he was leaving it to VAR to sort out.

You are onto something flash.

I said it recently that I don't think it's right for refs to officiate games with VAR then games without.. it is imo a different officiating level in itself. You've got no 2nd chances in the championship or lower.

It's not the first game we've come across this.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024