Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions 14:08 - Jan 25 with 5181 viewsMorls

Ok so the balls come out and you check your numbers and boom you've only gone and won 400 million.... what next....
would you contact Mr Evans and ask how much he wants for the club, and what transfer kitty would you give the new manager assuming you paid Mick off!
You could quite easily burn through 400 mill if you started signing players like Alli and Sturridge etc
I think id get the club for 20 mill then give the gaffer a transfer kitty for 30 million, Id reduce the season tickets to £250 a season, Id also do free travel for all away games.
But...
Id want to be named as a sub and in the off chance we are 3.0 nil up against someone id give the manager the nudge and come on for the last 5 minutes up front.... (might get a cheeky penalty)
I know im dreaming but what else can I do this season but be in dream land.
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:11 - Jan 25 with 4703 viewspablosturn

You'd reduce your wealth by 12.5% overnight, good plan!

Then you'd be lumbered with say £50m of debt (given a write down of the debt owed), so a quarter of your win down the drain!

The rest you would basically burn over the course of the next 20 years trying to get itfc to the promised land and end up back working at greggs by the time you turned 50!
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:14 - Jan 25 with 4669 viewsMorls

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:11 - Jan 25 by pablosturn

Then you'd be lumbered with say £50m of debt (given a write down of the debt owed), so a quarter of your win down the drain!

The rest you would basically burn over the course of the next 20 years trying to get itfc to the promised land and end up back working at greggs by the time you turned 50!

Spent it better than Michael Carrol then!!! LOL!!!
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:14 - Jan 25 with 4671 viewsJ2BLUE

If I won £400m the club wouldn't get a penny from me apart from buying about 6 STs for the next 50 years.

Far too many other important causes to help. I'd have a net worth of about £10m within a month. I'd look to make every member of my family rich (with 2-3 exceptions..)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:18 - Jan 25 with 4610 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Your money wouldn't last long then!
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:23 - Jan 25 with 4571 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:11 - Jan 25 by pablosturn

But at least you'd have had fun with your money I suppose

Rather than just invest it.

I'd make my family rich, buy a zoo, buy a percentage in Ipswich maybe, party it up and live a good life before settling down with Michelle Keegan in 15 years time and having three children.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:31 - Jan 25 with 4518 viewsBinner

As was said years ago...

...spend half of it on booze, women and partying and then, maybe, just blow the rest...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:36 - Jan 25 with 4465 viewshype313

If you won that amount of money, anyone with any nous wouldn't go near a football club with a bargepole, no sooner you win it, you will lose it all.

If you won that money and wanted to do something football related then it would be better to buy a local non league club and have a bit of fun with them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 4425 viewsNewcyBlue

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:14 - Jan 25 by J2BLUE

If I won £400m the club wouldn't get a penny from me apart from buying about 6 STs for the next 50 years.

Far too many other important causes to help. I'd have a net worth of about £10m within a month. I'd look to make every member of my family rich (with 2-3 exceptions..)

You are my new favourite sister. (Not in a Norfolk kind of way, calm down)

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:45 - Jan 25 with 4376 viewstaximan

definitely buy the club

put 50 mill aside for family

then spend the rest making my football club great again
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 4312 viewsLord_Lucan

I'd be happy to give the club the lot - as long as it was Rod Stewart that drew the balls.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:53 - Jan 25 with 4283 viewsGeoffSentence

Didn't Michael Knight on do something like that when he tried to take over Manchester United. I know he appeared on the pitch in full kit doing keepie uppies, but I vaguely recall that he previously placed a bet that he would play for Manchester United, at long odds obviously, then nearly bought the club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:56 - Jan 25 with 4241 viewsfactual_blue

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:14 - Jan 25 by J2BLUE

Would you buy any chickens?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:15 - Jan 25 with 4102 viewsITFC_Forever

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:23 - Jan 25 by The_Romford_Blue

But at least you'd have had fun with your money I suppose

Rather than just invest it.

I'd make my family rich, buy a zoo, buy a percentage in Ipswich maybe, party it up and live a good life before settling down with Michelle Keegan in 15 years time and having three children.

Michelle Keegan is going to be past child-bearing age by that time...

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 4026 viewsJ2BLUE

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 14:39 - Jan 25 by NewcyBlue

You are my new favourite sister. (Not in a Norfolk kind of way, calm down)

Better make it 3-4 exceptions...

Truly impaired.

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:32 - Jan 25 with 3989 viewstextbackup

I've played this out in my head many a times!
£400m... I'd go to the club and say I'd like to pay for the ground to be tarted up, all the stuff in the tunnel, the stands cleaned etc
I'd give the club £20m on top of that, to spend only on player transfers. I'd not want to be known in public, I'd just say he's what I'm giving you, I'll be in the north stand watching.

Then I'd buy land near ground and build a massive sports bar for home fans

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:33 - Jan 25 with 3978 viewsJ2BLUE

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:15 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

Michelle Keegan is going to be past child-bearing age by that time...

Probably best for the human race if Rommers can't reproduce.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 15:33]

Truly impaired.

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:46 - Jan 25 with 3881 viewsDoobDude

The trick is to invest in 2 companies, a well established profitable one and ITFC.

Then simply offset your profits against ITFC losses until your investment pays off and they get promoted. Sell ITFC for a profit and sit back and watch the club you support prosper in the Premiership.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:52 - Jan 25 with 3836 viewsMorls

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:32 - Jan 25 by textbackup

£400m... I'd go to the club and say I'd like to pay for the ground to be tarted up, all the stuff in the tunnel, the stands cleaned etc
I'd give the club £20m on top of that, to spend only on player transfers. I'd not want to be known in public, I'd just say he's what I'm giving you, I'll be in the north stand watching.

with the 20 million..... would you "suggest" any potential players that you'd like to see at the club? is your money after all.....
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:57 - Jan 25 with 3801 viewstextbackup

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:52 - Jan 25 by Morls

with the 20 million..... would you "suggest" any potential players that you'd like to see at the club? is your money after all.....

Nope. Also if I won it now I'd not even suggest to get rid of mick, I'd stand back and see what happened... then if we went up with those players I'd funded having a big impact I'd casually sit in my seat and explode with pride.... whilst crying

Edit. I'd also buy up 5/6000 tiks a week to give out as a first come first serve basis. Wouldn't worry me who they were or how often, I just want PR rocking and the team ripping it up
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 16:00]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 16:03 - Jan 25 with 3744 viewsMorls

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:57 - Jan 25 by textbackup

Nope. Also if I won it now I'd not even suggest to get rid of mick, I'd stand back and see what happened... then if we went up with those players I'd funded having a big impact I'd casually sit in my seat and explode with pride.... whilst crying

Edit. I'd also buy up 5/6000 tiks a week to give out as a first come first serve basis. Wouldn't worry me who they were or how often, I just want PR rocking and the team ripping it up

Even remove seats in north stand lower and have the place bouncing!!!
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 16:06 - Jan 25 with 3709 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:33 - Jan 25 by J2BLUE

Probably best for the human race if Rommers can't reproduce.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 15:33]

To think I was gonna let you be his/her TWTD godfather.

I'm choosing Luke or Jeera now

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 16:24 - Jan 25 with 3583 viewsNewcyBlue

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 16:06 - Jan 25 by The_Romford_Blue

To think I was gonna let you be his/her TWTD godfather.

I'm choosing Luke or Jeera now

J2 can still be the godmother though?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 16:33 - Jan 25 with 3524 viewstaximan

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:57 - Jan 25 by textbackup

i would do the same with tickets

also, it would £20 max to sit anywhere in the stadium

£250 season tickets

the heart of the club would be restored under my ownership
lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 17:07 - Jan 25 with 3357 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wouldn't buy the club outright but would buy a percentage. I would also buy them a few players. I'd also buy an executive box for a lifetime for friends/family (on the proviso Beattie can't come in and nick stuff from the buffet).

Poll: W or W

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 17:26 - Jan 25 with 3242 viewsgreyhound

lets pretend you won £400 million on euro millions on 15:32 - Jan 25 by textbackup

The problem these days is you could win stupid amounts of money and still find out that 10 percent of your wealth would buy one of harry Kane's eyebrows. Investments in football is a plaything for the rich and stupid
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024