Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment 13:28 - Mar 2 with 6794 viewsBowls1e

What has been the most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment you've ever seen at a football ground.

I think ours must surely be those shocking cheerleaders that used to dance on the centre circle!
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:29 - Mar 2 with 5525 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The cheerleaders on their own are ok.
The Christmas carol choir people on their own are ok.

Putting them together for that half time 'entertainment' fiasco recently was not ok.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:30 - Mar 2 with 5530 viewsReuser_is_God

Anyone who goes to football & is remotely bothered about half time entertainment, good or bad, is a complete melt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:31 - Mar 2 with 5510 viewsSteve_M

The roll call of 'heroes' they read out at Carrow Road before the play-off semi final. Talk about clutching at straws.

I'll take the cheerleaders and raise you that car boot thing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:37 - Mar 2 with 5462 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:30 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

Anyone who goes to football & is remotely bothered about half time entertainment, good or bad, is a complete melt.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:39 - Mar 2 with 5449 viewsBowls1e

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:30 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

Distracts you from your packed lunch, blanket & thermos does it?
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:46 - Mar 2 with 5422 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I enjoyed the 'kicking the ball into the boot of a car' game. Frustrating as it was to watch if you actually paid attention to it.

Anything at half time is aimed at the kids though as anyone old enough will spend the time checking scores on their phone or joining the queue for the lav or the bar
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:59 - Mar 2 with 5376 viewsSteve_M

Watching the inability of the bar staff to actually serve pints in the 15 minute window they have available is pretty cringe-worthy too, especially if I'm thirsty.

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 14:00 - Mar 2 with 5365 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bring back the draw for a briefcase full of used notes

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 14:35 - Mar 2 with 5287 viewsSteve_M

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 14:00 - Mar 2 by BLUEBEAT

Bring back the draw for a briefcase full of used notes

Does the winner then exit pursued by 'friends' of Michael Chopra?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 15:11 - Mar 2 with 5233 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair, it's been the highlight of most matches over the last few years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 16:44 - Mar 2 with 5166 viewsAuntieBlue

There have been times this season when I was looking forward to the half time entertainment - actually, any entertainment would have been gratefully received!!

Poll: Which biscuit for morning coffee?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 16:55 - Mar 2 with 5141 viewsSwailsey

Opposite of the thread idea I know, but I remember at Bournemouth a few years ago (1:1) during the half-time crossbar challenge, one of our lot hit it and was mobbed by Mings/Edwards. Was lovely to see!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 18:37 - Mar 2 with 5062 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

12 responses and no ones mentioned this?

Poor effort, TWTD

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 18:51 - Mar 2 with 5029 viewsLankHenners

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 18:37 - Mar 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

12 responses and no ones mentioned this?

Poor effort, TWTD

Ah, surely that would fit under "best half time entertainment"?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 19:20 - Mar 2 with 4951 viewsoldbluestu

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:29 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

The cheerleaders on their own are ok.
The Christmas carol choir people on their own are ok.

Putting them together for that half time 'entertainment' fiasco recently was not ok.

Especially at the Easter Monday game was stupid
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 20:21 - Mar 2 with 4863 viewsThe_Major

I was at Portman Road when they unveiled Bluey for the first time.

We were advised to prepare for big big news at the match, as a new signing was going to make an appearance. Much head scratching ensued - was Batistuta finally going to fulfil his destiny and sign in front of an adoring Churchmans?

Nope. Amongst fanfares, on runs an oversized chess piece to the centre spot and takes the adulation from all four sides. Well, when I say adulation, I mean the sound of all the Town fans sighing as they placed their head in their hands, and the sound of the away fans (Stoke?) rolling down the aisles of the Cobbold in hysterics....
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 20:28 - Mar 2 with 4824 viewsSomethingBlue

They should bring back the Easton Farm Park penalty shoot-out competition — those really were the days (and not cringeworthy, admittedly).

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 20:36 - Mar 2 with 4807 viewsMJallday

i rather liked the sky sports cheerleaders in the early 90s

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 23:27 - Mar 2 with 4694 viewsFifeITFC

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 20:28 - Mar 2 by SomethingBlue

They should bring back the Easton Farm Park penalty shoot-out competition — those really were the days (and not cringeworthy, admittedly).

I'll second that. Great experience for the kids too.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 23:49 - Mar 2 with 4681 viewsBackToRussia

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:46 - Mar 2 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I enjoyed the 'kicking the ball into the boot of a car' game. Frustrating as it was to watch if you actually paid attention to it.

Anything at half time is aimed at the kids though as anyone old enough will spend the time checking scores on their phone or joining the queue for the lav or the bar

The Bootiful Game

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 4553 viewsLord_Lucan

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:59 - Mar 2 by Steve_M

Watching the inability of the bar staff to actually serve pints in the 15 minute window they have available is pretty cringe-worthy too, especially if I'm thirsty.

Lucan to Barman "Pie and a pint meal deal please"

Barman "You can't have meal deals at half time"

Lucan "Who on earth told you that"

Barman "No one"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 08:51 - Mar 3 with 4535 viewsVaughan8

I remember when Wimbledon were first MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium, they had Cheerleaders who were about 5 years old around the outside of the pitch.

Cheerleaders in general are not very good. SOme sort of "event" involving kicking a ball is usually good, or local kid teams having a penalty shootout or something!
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 10:18 - Mar 3 with 4465 viewsBowls1e

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 08:51 - Mar 3 by Vaughan8

I remember when Wimbledon were first MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium, they had Cheerleaders who were about 5 years old around the outside of the pitch.

Cheerleaders in general are not very good. SOme sort of "event" involving kicking a ball is usually good, or local kid teams having a penalty shootout or something!

That Hockey Stadium was terrible. Got to have been one of the most bizarre away days ever.
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 10:30 - Mar 3 with 4455 viewsNo9

I agree with you on the cheerleaders, a very embarrassing thing to behold on the PR hallowed turf
on 10:40 - Mar 3 with 4446 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024