Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen 16:54 - Dec 30 with 39204 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

such a toothless, uninventive, negative side. We really offer NOTHING
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 16:55]
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 2163 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:29 - Dec 30 by Johnny_Boy

Barring PNE (unless you can tell me otherwise), every team above us has spent more than us.
Should MM just play defensively against all of them - seeing as their squads are SOOOO much better than ours? Just seems like a get-out-of-jail-free clause. Personally.

Fulham away up next. What's your predictions?

But isn't that the point? We don't play defensively.

Under Mick, we've played a legitimate defensive 4-5-1 to get a draw.

We're actually setting up as if we're going to beat teams - and in the main that's worked in our favour.

Pronouns: He/Him

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 2162 viewsjas0999

Not as bad as last season in fairness. But not overly great either. Think we need to accept what we are. A better proposition than last season, hard working, 100% effort. But ultimately not good enough. Very average,
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:33 - Dec 30 with 2158 viewsSwailsey

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 17:01 - Dec 30 by Benters2

Our worst finish in 58 years,it really isnt hard to improve is it?

Here he is with his one point!!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:35 - Dec 30 with 2154 viewsHerbivore

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:20 - Dec 30 by TractorWood

I don't disagree but (Devil's advocate) getting on MM's back when we were dross last season seems to have put some fire in his belly to sort it out, it's a result business and some won't clap losses whoever we are playing. That's football.

Yeah, personally I think that's absolute nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:36 - Dec 30 with 2153 viewschristiand

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:17 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Turning on a group of players and manager who have largely managed to compete with squads that have cost several times of much doesn't seem like the right response to me. Not accusing you of that by the way, but I've read others saying things like 'finances are just an excuse' as though being able to spend £10m on a played and pay him £30k a week doesn't really mean you're likely to have better players. Our fans need to live in the real world imo and maybe actually get behind them rather than lamenting that we're not soulless mercenary failures like Derby.

Based on that principle, no team that has ‘less finances’ has any chance of actually competing so might as well not compete full stop. All the club owners and managers can sit around a table in early August and decide who has spent the most and then work out final league positions based on monies spent. Upsets happen, but not even having a go at sides regardless of the difference in wealth there is no excuse especially when playing at home. I watched West Ham and Southampton have a real go at Man City at the Etihad over recent weeks the difference in wealth is astronomical, but relevant to this case in point. Neither the Hammers or the Saints rolled over and let City have the points because they have better players on ridiculously large salaries. What I detest is the fact that because a club that has spent more, gives them the right to dominate the smaller clubs. I suppose you’re right Herbivore, that’s why Millwall drew 2-2 with Wolves on Boxing Day? Fact is we don’t seem capable of those type of results, but others are like Millwall, QPR, Bolton, Brentford are because every club in the Championship has spent more than us it seems. So plucky old Ipswich can accept another toothless defeat because they are the paupers of the Championship.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:37 - Dec 30 with 2149 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:32 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

But isn't that the point? We don't play defensively.

Under Mick, we've played a legitimate defensive 4-5-1 to get a draw.

We're actually setting up as if we're going to beat teams - and in the main that's worked in our favour.

The start of the campaign. Yes. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But recently? Yes. We've got a bus load of injuries to the midfield - but we did at the start of the campaign too. The 4 strikers starting at the New Den signalled that.

Maybe having zero creative midfielders in the team is the problem. I dunno.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:38 - Dec 30 with 2136 viewsTractorWood

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:35 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Yeah, personally I think that's absolute nonsense.

Mick remembers, even if you don't 😉

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:39 - Dec 30 with 2136 viewsWonky

If people are revising the Jewell era they have short memories. Without these injuries imo we'd still be knocking on doors of playoffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:40 - Dec 30 with 2126 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:33 - Dec 30 by Swailsey

Here he is with his one point!!

Unbelievably, the new Benters is even sh!tter than the old one.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:41 - Dec 30 with 2120 viewsHerbivore

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:36 - Dec 30 by christiand

Based on that principle, no team that has ‘less finances’ has any chance of actually competing so might as well not compete full stop. All the club owners and managers can sit around a table in early August and decide who has spent the most and then work out final league positions based on monies spent. Upsets happen, but not even having a go at sides regardless of the difference in wealth there is no excuse especially when playing at home. I watched West Ham and Southampton have a real go at Man City at the Etihad over recent weeks the difference in wealth is astronomical, but relevant to this case in point. Neither the Hammers or the Saints rolled over and let City have the points because they have better players on ridiculously large salaries. What I detest is the fact that because a club that has spent more, gives them the right to dominate the smaller clubs. I suppose you’re right Herbivore, that’s why Millwall drew 2-2 with Wolves on Boxing Day? Fact is we don’t seem capable of those type of results, but others are like Millwall, QPR, Bolton, Brentford are because every club in the Championship has spent more than us it seems. So plucky old Ipswich can accept another toothless defeat because they are the paupers of the Championship.

You weren't even at the game, mate. We have less than 10% Derby's resources and we've got 8 midfield players injured and we lost 2-1 with them looking relieved to have got out with a win. I know in your world that's just excuses, to those of us who actually follow football today is not a day to be wetting the bed. In fact the second half performance was heartening In the circumstances.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:41 - Dec 30 with 2117 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:39 - Dec 30 by Wonky

If people are revising the Jewell era they have short memories. Without these injuries imo we'd still be knocking on doors of playoffs.

Didn't Jewell have a series of unfortunate player injuries, just before the season started.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:44 - Dec 30 with 2115 viewsSomethingBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:37 - Dec 30 by Johnny_Boy

The start of the campaign. Yes. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But recently? Yes. We've got a bus load of injuries to the midfield - but we did at the start of the campaign too. The 4 strikers starting at the New Den signalled that.

Maybe having zero creative midfielders in the team is the problem. I dunno.

Great shout mate, so let's have a think. Which of Huws, Dozzell and Bishop should we draft in against Fulham for that extra shot of devilment?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 2112 viewsHerbivore

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:44 - Dec 30 by SomethingBlue

Great shout mate, so let's have a think. Which of Huws, Dozzell and Bishop should we draft in against Fulham for that extra shot of devilment?

Yeah but we should have a squad capable of missing 8 players In one position without it having an impact. Apparently.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:47 - Dec 30 with 2108 viewsTractorWood

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:39 - Dec 30 by Wonky

Jewell and playoffs in one comment. We'll be ruled by centipedes in 3426 and people will still be bemoaning Jewell and saying we might get in the playoffs.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 18:52]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:49 - Dec 30 with 2095 viewschristiand

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:41 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

You weren't even at the game, mate. We have less than 10% Derby's resources and we've got 8 midfield players injured and we lost 2-1 with them looking relieved to have got out with a win. I know in your world that's just excuses, to those of us who actually follow football today is not a day to be wetting the bed. In fact the second half performance was heartening In the circumstances.

Makes no difference if you are at the game or not that’s quite a ridiculous statement Herbivore. I have ears and I’m more than capable of listening to a reporter giving their ‘immartial’ view, which is just as good if not better than your own with your blue tinted specs on. If the second half was that good, why are we not able to do it from the first whistle? Is it because those teams with larger finances are too intimidating? Oh, I see Bristol City have scored against the multi millionaires of Wolves - that can’t be right, how dare they even have a go at them!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 18:53]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:51 - Dec 30 with 2087 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 17:13 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

What b0llocks, Derby have spent an absolute fortune and will.feel relieved to have come out of that with a win. First half was meh, we didn't get much going, but second half we bounced back well and we were a bit unlucky not to salvage a point.

You're the biggest fool on here and that's saying something. I wasn't just talking about today BTW
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:53 - Dec 30 with 2076 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:44 - Dec 30 by SomethingBlue

I'm enjoying your gallows humour SB :)

Depends what formation you decide to choose at Fulham really.
The bastardised 4-2-3-1 wasn't a great success today.

Shall we rely on our diagonal hoofballs to simply avoid their pacey midfield?

Is McG going to be fit enough for a full 90 mins?

You tell me
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:54 - Dec 30 with 2072 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:51 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You're the biggest fool on here and that's saying something. I wasn't just talking about today BTW

Americans are the best in the world at irony.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:55 - Dec 30 with 2069 viewsWonky

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:47 - Dec 30 by TractorWood

Jewell and playoffs in one comment. We'll be ruled by centipedes in 3426 and people will still be bemoaning Jewell and saying we might get in the playoffs.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 18:52]

Indeed I myself have buried a time capsule under Portman Road with the following message.

'All hail great Centipede rulers of the future. Ps Jewell era was bad really, believe me'
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:55 - Dec 30 with 2069 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:53 - Dec 30 by Johnny_Boy

You tell me

Why don't you tell us what we should do?

All the information is there, so pick the team and give us your tactics.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:55 - Dec 30 with 2062 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:54 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

Americans are the best in the world at irony.

I'm not American but you have the most accurate username on here, at least you win something.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:56 - Dec 30 with 2059 viewsSomethingBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:53 - Dec 30 by Johnny_Boy

You tell me

Address the point please. Which of them should come in to add some much needed silk?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:57 - Dec 30 with 2059 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:45 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Yeah but we should have a squad capable of missing 8 players In one position without it having an impact. Apparently.

First off. How many bloody CM's do you wish to play in one team?
Seriously. You only really need 2. Maybe, just maybe 1 - if you want to go for a 4-3-3.

Anyway, If only we had a forward thinking manager able to get around these problems, which many other football managers have to deal with.

Okay. This is an exceptionally bizarre high injury list. I do feel for MM in that aspect.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 22:04]
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:58 - Dec 30 with 2052 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:55 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I'm not American but you have the most accurate username on here, at least you win something.

Thanks for that, Chad.

Well, then you clearly don't get irony.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 19:00 - Dec 30 with 2043 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:55 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

Why don't you tell us what we should do?

All the information is there, so pick the team and give us your tactics.

Whatever I say, I will be castigated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024