Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen 16:54 - Dec 30 with 39206 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

such a toothless, uninventive, negative side. We really offer NOTHING
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 16:55]
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:04 - Dec 30 with 3920 viewsJ2BLUE

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 16:57 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

That's boll@cks.

We worked our way back into the match despite having a makeshift midfield that was overpowered in the first half. Says a lot about us as a team.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 16:58]

It's JJJJ. He gets off on being as negative as possible about the club. Bonus points if we're compared unfavourably to anything American.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:10 - Dec 30 with 3913 viewsSomethingBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:04 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

It's JJJJ. He gets off on being as negative as possible about the club. Bonus points if we're compared unfavourably to anything American.

Yes there is a general undertone from him that the little villagers are all having their pitiful bit of fun. He will be brought down a peg or two with a thud one day, I expect - known a few like him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:19 - Dec 30 with 3883 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 19:44 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

Benters with a passport.

I don't know who that is but I guess I'm not TWTD enough
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:20 - Dec 30 with 3873 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:19 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You're not missing anything.

Pronouns: He/Him

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:21 - Dec 30 with 3867 viewsBenters2

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:19 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I dont know what he means?
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:24 - Dec 30 with 3851 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:10 - Dec 30 by SomethingBlue

Yes there is a general undertone from him that the little villagers are all having their pitiful bit of fun. He will be brought down a peg or two with a thud one day, I expect - known a few like him.

Not according to my accountant!
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:26 - Dec 30 with 3841 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We were poor for the first hour but that’s just nonsense

We score lots of goals - certainly not ‘toothless’

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:35 - Dec 30 with 3809 viewssuperblue70

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 19:36 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

I love how a bunch of mugs who never actually see us play think they know it all.

You do know you face the green side when you go don't you? Pl0nker
Login to get fewer ads

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:36 - Dec 30 with 3808 viewsStNeotsBlue

We're not great but we're not totally sh1t either. But we are a side who plays ugly football and the type we used to sneer about 20+ years ago, I'm fine with that when we're getting results when we're losing there is going to be grieve.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:37 - Dec 30 with 3806 viewsBluesquid

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:04 - Dec 30 by christiand

Talksport had a reporter at the game Herbivore, said we didn’t do much at all in the first half. Derby could’ve been 4 up by half time. It was only until the second goal went in that Ipswich came more into the game and looked threatening, but we didn’t test Carson enough in Derby’s goal throughout the whole game.

This cost of squad excuse is becoming a little boring and the main excuse used for our team’s frailties. It seems to me that every club has spent more money on their squads than ours - in all leagues, it’s just becoming so repetitive. Is that why we were so poor against QPR because their squad cost millions more than ours? Why Bristol City beat Man United the other week because their squad costs millions more than Mourinho’s side? No, and as we showed in the last 25 minutes today we could’ve actually got something out of the game if we had started playing at the first whistle instead of pulling our finger out when we were 0-2 down and the game seemed lost.

I was expecting us to lose today due to Derby’s quality, but why can’t we be the assertive team at home rather than the visitors, go down with a fight? Although their players cost more they are merely flesh and bone like ours and make mistakes when put under pressure. It is like we are afraid of even trying to be assertive which is so frustrating until it is too late!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 18:10]

It's hilarious tbh.

Certain posters defending McCarty seem to just parrot him with the 'their expensive players' bs.

The ultimate deflection and denial mechanism.

As someone rightly said here the other day, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

So the Fulham game then?

Lose and just watch the amount of times the cost will be mentioned, in fact im sure a pre-match post will be made stating just that in order to try to help cover Micks arse.

Hell, why don't we just put a list together of all the teams in this division that we can't be expected to get anything against because they've got a much more expensive squad than us.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:39 - Dec 30 with 3798 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:37 - Dec 30 by Bluesquid

It's hilarious tbh.

Certain posters defending McCarty seem to just parrot him with the 'their expensive players' bs.

The ultimate deflection and denial mechanism.

As someone rightly said here the other day, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

So the Fulham game then?

Lose and just watch the amount of times the cost will be mentioned, in fact im sure a pre-match post will be made stating just that in order to try to help cover Micks arse.

Hell, why don't we just put a list together of all the teams in this division that we can't be expected to get anything against because they've got a much more expensive squad than us.

We beat Derby already.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:41 - Dec 30 with 3792 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:10 - Dec 30 by SomethingBlue

I’ve thought for a while he comes across as if he’s better than most people.

Perhaps I’m wrong

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:47 - Dec 30 with 3769 viewsblueconscience

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 17:13 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

What b0llocks, Derby have spent an absolute fortune and will.feel relieved to have come out of that with a win. First half was meh, we didn't get much going, but second half we bounced back well and we were a bit unlucky not to salvage a point.

Were you not one of the ones using Derby as an example of spending doesn’t guarantee quality or success to justify Evans not spending big when they were struggling. Now they have beaten us you are using their spending as an excuse.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 21:01]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:54 - Dec 30 with 3741 viewsnoggin

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:41 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Perhaps I’m wrong

He lives in America so it goes with the turf.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:56 - Dec 30 with 3733 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:54 - Dec 30 by noggin

I once said ‘Americans are weird’ on here and got slaughtered

I stand by that though.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:00 - Dec 30 with 3717 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:41 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Perhaps I’m wrong

You're not wrong.

An accent isn't a replacement for a personality — I've seen enough ex-pats who've tried it, but few who've believed it in the same way.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:17 - Dec 30 with 3683 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:00 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

You're not wrong.

An accent isn't a replacement for a personality — I've seen enough ex-pats who've tried it, but few who've believed it in the same way.

Hang on. You called me a c0ckwomble in this thread!

I mean, that might well be the case, but still, a little harsh.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:24 - Dec 30 with 3668 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:56 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I stand by that though.

Not that I'm American but when was the last time you were over here then Romford?
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:25 - Dec 30 with 3670 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:17 - Dec 30 by Johnny_Boy

Hang on. You called me a c0ckwomble in this thread!

I mean, that might well be the case, but still, a little harsh.

Not really.

You've been against "This sort of thing" ever since Royle. You're the Grand Poobah of C0ckwombles.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:25 - Dec 30 with 3664 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:00 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

You're not wrong.

What's wrong with my Suffolk accent?
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:27 - Dec 30 with 3661 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:08 - Dec 30 by Johnny_Boy

Against Birmingham we were hoofing it - I saw that.
Against Millwall we were hoofing it - I saw that.
Against Sheff Weds we were hoofing it - I saw that.
Against Villa we were hoofing it - I saw that.

It worked both times against Brum & Millwall as we were pressing high + hard & we managed more than 2 shots on target for the whole 90 mins.

I think the 5yrs of MM in charge has brainwashed/conditioned you (and others) into just naturally accepting his hoofmanship - and believing that's all we can serve up on a limited budget.
If you get the chance, I urge you to watch the highlights of Cardiff v PNE from Friday night.
Preston, whilst lacking composure in the final third (far too many hopeful potshots from 20yards out) were playing possession football. Keeping it on the floor. Lovely stuff. No defenders panicking & lumping it straight to their forwards. Nope. The midfield - get this - was actually being used!

That is down to the manager, the tactics & team ideology.

Look, let's not fall out. Nobody believed we'd get anything from today. Onwards & upwards.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 7:56]

Hang on, I missed out another HOOF.

We were well hoofy against Bristol City too - I saw that.

(Only the -4 votes. That's disappointing. The usual suspects though)
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:30 - Dec 30 with 3652 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:54 - Dec 30 by noggin

Racist
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:31 - Dec 30 with 3648 viewsnoggin

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:30 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Racist

See what I mean?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:36 - Dec 30 with 3631 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:25 - Dec 30 by Darth_Koont

Not really.

You've been against "This sort of thing" ever since Royle. You're the Grand Poobah of C0ckwombles.

I had a bit of a hiatus from TWTD under most of the Royle years TBF.
Burley was when I started though. Plush office job with very little to do.

Course, that's all changed now. I'm a freelancer. *tish boom*
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 21:37 - Dec 30 with 3626 viewswitchdoctor

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:56 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I stand by that though.

it’s because he isn’t American you idiot...do keep up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024