Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen 16:54 - Dec 30 with 39285 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

such a toothless, uninventive, negative side. We really offer NOTHING
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 16:55]
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:26 - Dec 30 with 4691 viewsJohnny_Boy

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:21 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

I went to Trimley once.

All it takes is one wrong turn - and you could have ended up in Kirton.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:26 - Dec 30 with 4691 viewsNewcyBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:21 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You should travel sometime, broadens the mind.

Except in Americans, tends to broaden the waist then.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:29 - Dec 30 with 4670 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:26 - Dec 30 by NewcyBlue

Except in Americans, tends to broaden the waist then.

Not sure why everyone's turned this thread about America as a diversion from
our pathetic excuse of a football team.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:30 - Dec 30 with 4663 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:19 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

You forgot drugs for the first category

Other than that.. nailed it I reckon

Shut it chav. I'm more Ipswich than you'll ever be.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:32 - Dec 30 with 4652 viewsJ2BLUE

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:30 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ipswich, Massachusetts?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:36 - Dec 30 with 4637 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:32 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

Ipswich, Massachusetts?

Australia
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:03 - Dec 30 with 4605 viewsDarth_Koont

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:07 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Awwww you know an awful lot about me from the internet. Maybe don't take it all quite so serious, or understand when I might be taking the mick a little. Although for the record I do have a much better life than you. Which nationality is worse than Americans then? Out of the 350M Americans, which ones do you hate the most? Or are they all the same?

I think it's actually you that takes themselves too seriously. You act as if anyone should care.

BTW I've lived in the States and my American friends would agree, you're the American nightmare. Bullsh!t over substance.

If you want to drop the act and talk like a normal human being then I'm all ears.

Pronouns: He/Him

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:05 - Dec 30 with 4593 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:30 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The idea that I am a chav is as funny as you being Ipswich.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 23:06]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:10 - Dec 30 with 4576 viewswitchdoctor

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:05 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

🙄
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:16 - Dec 30 with 4555 viewsJ2BLUE

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:05 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Yea JJJJ if you think this man bag carrying, cider drinking, KFC eating, reality tv loving dude is a chav you're out of your fooking mind.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:24 - Dec 30 with 4547 viewshorsehollerer

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:18 - Dec 30 by The_Romford_Blue

All weird? Show me where I said they were all weird.

More weirdos than normal people though. The fact guns are still legal is one example of that.

OK, even if you didn't mean ALL Americans, how do you know there are "more weirdos than normal people" in the US? On what/whom are you basing these views? Donald Trump? US foreign policy? Mass shooters? TV shows and films? A couple of obnoxious tourists you ran into on the District Line?

Like any other nation, they're a bunch of individuals with a diverse range of beliefs, outlooks, behaviors, intelligence, etc. (Although they do ALL seem to have better teeth than us!)

Just because US laws allow people to own guns (and yes, I agree this is fkd up), doesn't mean that they actually do. The vast majority of US adults (almost 80%) do not own a gun. In fact, half of all guns in the US are owned by just 3% of the population. (Source: Harvard/Northeastern, 2016).

I'm not advocating America over the UK or vice versa. Just saying that personally I've met far more good Americans in the past 20 years than bad ones. I agree there are some very bad examples in the public eye, but most of them are nothing like what you seem to think they are like.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:54 - Dec 30 with 4503 viewsRyorry

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:21 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You should travel sometime, broadens the mind.

Going by the empirical evidence of your posts on TWTD forum, that's not so in your case.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:56 - Dec 30 with 4503 viewsCoastalblue

Wow this is quite the thread!

We've been worse to be fair, but anybody feeling we could and might have got something today was at a different game to me.

We all need to accept we're very average, likely to stay very average for the forseeable future.

I do feel it's going to be time for a change in the summer though, try being average with a different approach.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 00:46 - Dec 31 with 4463 viewsZacak

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 17:13 - Dec 30 by Coco

No need for rudeness.

It’s obviously not like the darkest days its just so so so dull. So dull. Deathly dull. Dullest manager ever. Mind numbing, crowd killing dull.

In all seriousness, were you there today? Given the money they have spent they were good but nothing special. We worked hard in the 2nd half and maybe we might of nicked an equaliser. Do you expect us to play Derby off the park? If so buy a Man Utd season ticket.......
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 00:48 - Dec 31 with 4460 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 23:16 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

Yea JJJJ if you think this man bag carrying, cider drinking, KFC eating, reality tv loving dude is a chav you're out of your fooking mind.

Chav - ‘a young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour.’

None of those things would have me as a chav.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 00:51 - Dec 31 with 4448 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 00:48 - Dec 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Chav - ‘a young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour.’

None of those things would have me as a chav.

You're from Romford aren't you? I thought we were all in for the mass generalizations and stereotypes in this thread?
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 01:13 - Dec 31 with 4438 viewsZacak

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:37 - Dec 30 by Bluesquid

It's hilarious tbh.

Certain posters defending McCarty seem to just parrot him with the 'their expensive players' bs.

The ultimate deflection and denial mechanism.

As someone rightly said here the other day, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

So the Fulham game then?

Lose and just watch the amount of times the cost will be mentioned, in fact im sure a pre-match post will be made stating just that in order to try to help cover Micks arse.

Hell, why don't we just put a list together of all the teams in this division that we can't be expected to get anything against because they've got a much more expensive squad than us.

Yes but the finance is a relevant point in the main isn't it? Generally the stronger teams in any league are those that spend the money. Football has moved on and we aren't the Town of 20 years ago in the 2nd tier of football. McCarthy is frustrating and all that but it's football in general that is the issue. We did alright today, much as a lower league team in a cup contest...which is relevant given the finances. Yes there are exceptions to the rule but we are pretty much where you'd expect given our financial clout. I've seen far more anaemic performances than today's in the last couple of seasons.
Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 01:19 - Dec 31 with 4427 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 00:51 - Dec 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You're from Romford aren't you? I thought we were all in for the mass generalizations and stereotypes in this thread?

Kushty

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 09:52 - Dec 31 with 4344 viewsBrixtonBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 18:36 - Dec 30 by christiand

Based on that principle, no team that has ‘less finances’ has any chance of actually competing so might as well not compete full stop. All the club owners and managers can sit around a table in early August and decide who has spent the most and then work out final league positions based on monies spent. Upsets happen, but not even having a go at sides regardless of the difference in wealth there is no excuse especially when playing at home. I watched West Ham and Southampton have a real go at Man City at the Etihad over recent weeks the difference in wealth is astronomical, but relevant to this case in point. Neither the Hammers or the Saints rolled over and let City have the points because they have better players on ridiculously large salaries. What I detest is the fact that because a club that has spent more, gives them the right to dominate the smaller clubs. I suppose you’re right Herbivore, that’s why Millwall drew 2-2 with Wolves on Boxing Day? Fact is we don’t seem capable of those type of results, but others are like Millwall, QPR, Bolton, Brentford are because every club in the Championship has spent more than us it seems. So plucky old Ipswich can accept another toothless defeat because they are the paupers of the Championship.

What utter nonsense. If you think we rolled over and let Derby have the points you were watching a different game to me.

The fact is, the more expensive squad with better players will win more often than not. Not always, but mostly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 09:55 - Dec 31 with 4335 viewsHerbivore

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 09:52 - Dec 31 by BrixtonBlue

What utter nonsense. If you think we rolled over and let Derby have the points you were watching a different game to me.

The fact is, the more expensive squad with better players will win more often than not. Not always, but mostly.

Those who were actually at the game rather than following on the BBC Sport website have a different perception of the game. It was noticeable that the players got a very good reception at the final whistle, they put in a decent performance second half.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 10:01 - Dec 31 with 4325 viewsBrixtonBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 19:23 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hull have scored 30 (7 more) and they're about 19th aren't they? Lies, damn lies and statistics. Take out a few games (or even Sunderland) and it's a rubbish statement.

Why would you take out a few games? Let's just go with the facts instead I reckon.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 10:10 - Dec 31 with 4312 viewsBrixtonBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 20:37 - Dec 30 by Bluesquid

It's hilarious tbh.

Certain posters defending McCarty seem to just parrot him with the 'their expensive players' bs.

The ultimate deflection and denial mechanism.

As someone rightly said here the other day, anyone can beat anyone in this league.

So the Fulham game then?

Lose and just watch the amount of times the cost will be mentioned, in fact im sure a pre-match post will be made stating just that in order to try to help cover Micks arse.

Hell, why don't we just put a list together of all the teams in this division that we can't be expected to get anything against because they've got a much more expensive squad than us.

You don't think having a more expensive team/better players makes a difference?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 10:16 - Dec 31 with 4305 viewsBrixtonBlue

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 22:07 - Dec 30 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Awwww you know an awful lot about me from the internet. Maybe don't take it all quite so serious, or understand when I might be taking the mick a little. Although for the record I do have a much better life than you. Which nationality is worse than Americans then? Out of the 350M Americans, which ones do you hate the most? Or are they all the same?

"for the record I do have a much better life than you"

Wow.

Something must be really wrong in your life for you to constantly be bragging like this. You are really insecure about something.

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 10:18 - Dec 31 with 4301 viewsHerbivore

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 10:16 - Dec 31 by BrixtonBlue

"for the record I do have a much better life than you"

Wow.

Something must be really wrong in your life for you to constantly be bragging like this. You are really insecure about something.

If you repeat something often enough you might start to believe it yourself, he's trying to fake it until he makes it. To be fair he's done well for himself, I understand McDonald's in the U.S. pay their burger flippers much better than their UK equivalents.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 11:35 - Dec 31 with 4263 viewsPJH

Even in our darkest days I don't think I've ever seen on 10:10 - Dec 31 by BrixtonBlue

You don't think having a more expensive team/better players makes a difference?

Of course not, that is why Man C are bottom of the Prem, Oh.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024