Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo 15:17 - Feb 14 with 19019 viewsPhilTWTD

Just had an email from FourFourTwo, who are putting together their annual Championship top 50 players. They want the Ipswich voting panel's top five Championship players who don't play for Town by Monday.

I propose everyone nominates/discusses/rows about the various candidates, then I'll put together a 10-man shortlist then run a poll and the top five will be those we submit. Sound a plan?
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:37 - Feb 15 with 3306 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:12 - Feb 15 by shoopdelang

Agree with most other posters sessegnon cairney etc so not going to list ten.

However Vydra is surely in anyone’s top ten ?

Only seen him mentioned once. Absolute class act

Why are you saying he is a class act? He was average in both games against us. He couldn't buy a goal last season and has been helped by a lot of penalties this season thanks to derby players deliberately throwing themselves on the floor each week.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:38 - Feb 15 with 3302 viewshype313

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:33 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

Have you seen those games or are you basing itbon the press reports? If so, like I said before fourfourtwo already know that. This should be about who has impressed in the games that you have watched against your side.

Is that true? from the OP the question is "They want the Ipswich voting panel's top five Championship players who don't play for Town by Monday. "

Nothing about who has played well against us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:42 - Feb 15 with 3293 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:37 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

What about if you watch Championship football on the telly?

Then you answer the question when I asked which games have you seen them in. That is acceptable if you have seen but basing it on hype is pointless

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:44 - Feb 15 with 3291 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:38 - Feb 15 by hype313

Is that true? from the OP the question is "They want the Ipswich voting panel's top five Championship players who don't play for Town by Monday. "

Nothing about who has played well against us.

So what else are we basing it on? As I said to joe, fine if you have seen them on tv as well but basing it on hype (no pun intended) is pointless.

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 14:01 - Feb 15 with 3264 viewshype313

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:44 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

So what else are we basing it on? As I said to joe, fine if you have seen them on tv as well but basing it on hype (no pun intended) is pointless.

Plenty, we can all watch highlights every week on various outlets, read online reports etc. Frank Nouble could have had a worldly against someone, but to put him in the top 5 on one performance is wibble.

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 14:03 - Feb 15 with 3263 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 14:01 - Feb 15 by hype313

Plenty, we can all watch highlights every week on various outlets, read online reports etc. Frank Nouble could have had a worldly against someone, but to put him in the top 5 on one performance is wibble.

But that is why they ask each club, he will then only make the top if each club says he has been that good.

Might as well just ask 1 fan of any club which player is highest rated in the championship this season

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 15:11 - Feb 15 with 3240 viewsthorpedo

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:33 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

Have you seen those games or are you basing itbon the press reports? If so, like I said before fourfourtwo already know that. This should be about who has impressed in the games that you have watched against your side.

Of course I've seen them - I don't only watch Ipswich games.
For someone called Truce, you're pretty argumentative!

Thorpedo

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 15:14 - Feb 15 with 3234 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 15:11 - Feb 15 by thorpedo

Of course I've seen them - I don't only watch Ipswich games.
For someone called Truce, you're pretty argumentative!

For someone called thorpedo you aren't very good at swimming

Login to get fewer ads

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 15:16 - Feb 15 with 3233 viewsNazemariner

Of course your opinion will only be considered if you actually attend games.

For me, N’Daiye of Wolves turned in the best performance I’ve seen at PR this season.
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 15:59 - Feb 15 with 3222 viewsITFCson

Sessegnon
Flint
Lawrence
Neves
Bialkowski
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 16:10 - Feb 15 with 3209 viewsCOYBitfc

Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith
Tommy Smith

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 16:11 - Feb 15 with 3209 viewstheblueginger

Leon Clarke
Tom Cairney
Pontus Jansen
Ruben Neves
Diogo Jota
Sol Bamba
Alex Smithies
Shaun Hutchinson
Junior Hoilett
Bobby Reid
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 16:51 - Feb 15 with 3181 viewsshoopdelang

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 13:37 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

Why are you saying he is a class act? He was average in both games against us. He couldn't buy a goal last season and has been helped by a lot of penalties this season thanks to derby players deliberately throwing themselves on the floor each week.

In short because I have some level of football understanding.

Also not sure what vydra not scoring last season is to do with anything at all to be quite honest.

Suppose you have Daryl Murphy in your championship 2018 top 5 players? I mean he did have an exceptional season in 2014.....

Idiot.
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 18:52 - Feb 15 with 3138 viewsbournemouthblue

Leon Clarke must be a shoe in for most improved player

He'd been floating about the lower leagues achieving not a lot

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 18:55 - Feb 15 with 3139 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 16:51 - Feb 15 by shoopdelang

In short because I have some level of football understanding.

Also not sure what vydra not scoring last season is to do with anything at all to be quite honest.

Suppose you have Daryl Murphy in your championship 2018 top 5 players? I mean he did have an exceptional season in 2014.....

Idiot.

So you have an understanding of football that allows you to tell the magazine which players they have told you are the best players. Special kind of clever.

Love your name calling YSC

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 09:04 - Feb 16 with 3068 viewsCurrie10

Also a name that I'm amazed hasn't come up - and sure his side aren't doing so well / he's been out for a while = Barry Bannan

Makes Wendy tick.

Defo top 5 for me, classy CM.
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 16:54 - Feb 16 with 3030 viewsDarth_Koont

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 09:04 - Feb 16 by Currie10

Also a name that I'm amazed hasn't come up - and sure his side aren't doing so well / he's been out for a while = Barry Bannan

Makes Wendy tick.

Defo top 5 for me, classy CM.

Yeah, good shout.

I seem to have gone with midfielders so wonder if that's because it's what we've been lacking this season ... or it's where the opposition has had the most joy and been able to stand out.

Generally, there seems to be very few non-midfielders in this thread.

Pronouns: He/Him

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 20:38 - Feb 16 with 2995 viewsBanburyBlue

Ross Wallace
Cairney
Flint
Maddisson

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 02:15 - Feb 17 with 2962 viewsconnorscontract

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 15:14 - Feb 15 by Bluefish

For someone called thorpedo you aren't very good at swimming

Maybe he is a Norse God who is a kiddie fiddler*?

* not an allegation, just a silly pun.
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 07:24 - Feb 17 with 2939 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 18:47 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

Cole Skuse.

Presumably on the grounds that he doesn't 'play' for Town.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 20:10 - Feb 20 with 2850 viewsPhilTWTD

What with the weekend and everything I forgot about this so I've got Gav to collate the most picked players before we submit our five.

Complete list from thread
Adomah 3
Assombalonga 2
Boly 4
Cairney 14
Cavaleiro 3
Clarke 4
Dowell 3
Flint 8
Grealish 3
Hoilett 3
Hourihane 5
Jota 8
Maddison 12
Neves 12
Reid 2
Sessegnon 24
Vydra 5
Woods 6

Top five
Sessegnon 24
Cairney 14
Maddison 12
Neves 12
Flint / Jota 8

Can I have a quick show of hands in the Flint-Jota play-off for fifth place?

Also they've asked for this season's best Town player, so could I ask for opinions on that as well. Cheers.
Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 20:12 - Feb 20 with 2844 viewsBluefish

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 20:10 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

What with the weekend and everything I forgot about this so I've got Gav to collate the most picked players before we submit our five.

Adomah 3
Assombalonga 2
Boly 4
Cairney 14
Cavaleiro 3
Clarke 4
Dowell 3
Flint 8
Grealish 3
Hoilett 3
Hourihane 5
Jota 8
Maddison 12
Neves 12
Reid 2
Sessegnon 24
Vydra 5
Woods 6

Top five
Sessegnon 24
Cairney 14
Maddison 12
Neves 12
Flint / Jota 8

Also they've asked for this season's best Town player, so could I ask for opinions on that as well. Cheers.

You can all f*** off. Joining in songs with Norwich slating out own club at their ground and now voting for their players to be player of the year. Take that prick out of the list and put jota and flint in. Ridiculous that adomah and cavaleiro aren't in

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 08:23 - Feb 21 with 2771 viewsitfcjoe

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 20:10 - Feb 20 by PhilTWTD

Adomah 3
Assombalonga 2
Boly 4
Cairney 14
Cavaleiro 3
Clarke 4
Dowell 3
Flint 8
Grealish 3
Hoilett 3
Hourihane 5
Jota 8
Maddison 12
Neves 12
Reid 2
Sessegnon 24
Vydra 5
Woods 6

Top five
Sessegnon 24
Cairney 14
Maddison 12
Neves 12
Flint / Jota 8

Flint isn't a particularly good defender, just pops up with a lot of goals - I'd say jota much the better player.

And Bart, again.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 08:43 - Feb 21 with 2750 viewshype313

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 08:23 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Flint isn't a particularly good defender, just pops up with a lot of goals - I'd say jota much the better player.

And Bart, again.

Agreed.

+1 for me.

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 08:44 - Feb 21 with 2750 viewsMullet

Top Five Championship Players for FourFourTwo on 08:23 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

And Bart, again.

But Flint has scored against us more and does those funny gifs....

The idea he's close to Jota is pretty funny.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024