Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. 17:11 - Feb 24 with 10906 viewsCurrie10

* Providing Bristol City lose to Cardiff.

Do I think we'll do it? Of course not. I don't think we're capable of putting 3 on the spin together.

However, how in gods name are we even in this position? We've got bucket loads injured, and this is on the back of 95th min Nodge goal + the defeat to Cardiff. I mean it's ridiculous it really is.

Hull H is winnable.
Sheff Wed A = they have more injuries than us / trying things.
Sheff Utd H = they seem on the slide
Bristol City A = likewise

Just the most ridiculous season in a long-time. No doubt we'll lose to Hull and this post will be absolutely pathetic / but it does beg the question as to the standard of the league this season and who actually wants 6th..............
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:19 - Feb 24 with 2777 viewsHerbivore

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:15 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Indeed. If 13 is lower mid table, 12 is upper mid-table. But both are mid-table.

😂😂😂😂😂
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 19:16]

He's a bit simple, bless him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:30 - Feb 24 with 2758 viewsBluesquid

Don't be fooled, we are not going to make the playoffs. Mick and the players have probably already booked their hols.
Of course the performances will improve a tad. Mick really needs to earn his money now and take some risks.
He's needs those season ticket applications in and plus he's after that new contract.
Remember this, once he's got that contract and it all goes Pete Tong again as he reverts back to his old self it's going to cost the club some serious wedge to get rid and thus we will be back to it being too expensive to do so and we will have to sit it out, stuck with him at the helm.
Madness to give him a contract, he's had his chance and this late show is too little too late.
Out with the buffoon!
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:44 - Feb 24 with 2742 viewsSomethingBlue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:30 - Feb 24 by Bluesquid

Don't be fooled, we are not going to make the playoffs. Mick and the players have probably already booked their hols.
Of course the performances will improve a tad. Mick really needs to earn his money now and take some risks.
He's needs those season ticket applications in and plus he's after that new contract.
Remember this, once he's got that contract and it all goes Pete Tong again as he reverts back to his old self it's going to cost the club some serious wedge to get rid and thus we will be back to it being too expensive to do so and we will have to sit it out, stuck with him at the helm.
Madness to give him a contract, he's had his chance and this late show is too little too late.
Out with the buffoon!

You've just about steered clear of defamation in this so fair play to you.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:56 - Feb 24 with 2724 viewsTractorgirlforever

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:15 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Indeed. If 13 is lower mid table, 12 is upper mid-table. But both are mid-table.

😂😂😂😂😂
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 19:16]

Yes suddenly people arent so vocal about getting mick out...if everybody got behind the team and mick in the past few months then playoffs could have happened. Do you really think it doesnt have an affect on the players.. there's nobody better out there than mick to do a great job ..with players fit and team spirit we have and youngsters coming through next season could be our season but we need to trust mick .
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:58 - Feb 24 with 2721 viewstextbackup

if we had those extra 6 points we'd still be 7th.... so its 7 points. nearly spot on though. well done

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:01 - Feb 24 with 2715 viewsLeoMuff

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:30 - Feb 24 by Bluesquid

Out with the buffoon!

Hardly a late show, he’s had us around the playoffs for pretty much his entire tenure.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:09 - Feb 24 with 2709 viewstextbackup

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:01 - Feb 24 by LeoMuff

Hardly a late show, he’s had us around the playoffs for pretty much his entire tenure.

lol, sorry, are you being serious?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 2703 viewsLeoMuff

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:09 - Feb 24 by textbackup

lol, sorry, are you being serious?

13/14 4 points off, 14/15 in play offs, 15/16 7th, 16/17 poor.
So I make that 3 seasons in 4 in or around play offs.

The only Muff in Town.

Login to get fewer ads

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:18 - Feb 24 with 2699 viewstextbackup

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:14 - Feb 24 by LeoMuff

13/14 4 points off, 14/15 in play offs, 15/16 7th, 16/17 poor.
So I make that 3 seasons in 4 in or around play offs.

14/15 in playoffs yes, i'll stop myself from mentioning the way we almost chucked that away

the rest, we've been fcking miles off. 4 points, 5 points whatever. if you think its an achievement in any way shape or form that's putting u up there with tinpot city and the participants stuff

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:24 - Feb 24 with 2693 viewsSomethingBlue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:18 - Feb 24 by textbackup

14/15 in playoffs yes, i'll stop myself from mentioning the way we almost chucked that away

the rest, we've been fcking miles off. 4 points, 5 points whatever. if you think its an achievement in any way shape or form that's putting u up there with tinpot city and the participants stuff

And of course any decent manager would have swanned us in there each time.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:24 - Feb 24 with 2692 viewsLeoMuff

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:18 - Feb 24 by textbackup

Hold on, it was in or around play offs you disagreed with.

So What do you think is the realistic target considering we pay the 18th lowest wages in the league ?

I would say in and around play offs is fair, and Mick has achieved this more often than not.

The only Muff in Town.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:27 - Feb 24 with 2693 viewstextbackup

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:24 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

And of course any decent manager would have swanned us in there each time.

lolol, ffs man get a grip.
if I've said that then fair enough, however I haven't, I could probably pick out 25 games each season that have been utter dogsht therefore cost us any chance of making top 6. if there was some consistency in what we do on the pitch then maybe we might have a few more fans hanging around, maybe even pick up a few more wins. crazy as that sounds

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:30 - Feb 24 with 2687 viewstextbackup

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:24 - Feb 24 by LeoMuff

Hold on, it was in or around play offs you disagreed with.

So What do you think is the realistic target considering we pay the 18th lowest wages in the league ?

I would say in and around play offs is fair, and Mick has achieved this more often than not.

they tell us the target is playoffs. its their words.

we've finished there once. and on the occasions we haven't we have been seriously poor in a huge number of games in those seasons.

the end

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:34 - Feb 24 with 2669 viewsLeoMuff

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:30 - Feb 24 by textbackup

they tell us the target is playoffs. its their words.

we've finished there once. and on the occasions we haven't we have been seriously poor in a huge number of games in those seasons.

the end

So, you do only accept play offs everything else is failure ?

The only Muff in Town.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:39 - Feb 24 with 2668 viewsTrequartista

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:57 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

Where did I say we weren't in the correct position? Or show any evidence of "blue tinted specs"? What a very strange post indeed.

I would have thought that was obvious. You're pondering where we could be if only we hadn't conceded late whilst ignoring the equivalent late winners. It's like a manager complaining about the penalties his team never get without ever once mentioning the penalties the opposition had never got.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 23:01 - Feb 24 with 2639 viewsSomethingBlue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:39 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

I would have thought that was obvious. You're pondering where we could be if only we hadn't conceded late whilst ignoring the equivalent late winners. It's like a manager complaining about the penalties his team never get without ever once mentioning the penalties the opposition had never got.

Jesus wept.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 01:17 - Feb 25 with 2611 viewstextbackup

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:34 - Feb 24 by LeoMuff

So, you do only accept play offs everything else is failure ?

tell me what we get for finishing anywhere but top 6? absolutely nothing.
finish outside the top 6 and its another pointless season.

that's my overall issue with all this, MM wont take us up, even finishing in the PO his history in big games is terrible. facts back that up.

so why keep going with him when at best (as you put it) we hang around the PO's (which we don't BTW we finished in them once in his time (good achievement I know)

finishing 10th isn't a good season. limping into 7th isn't a good season, our worst season in 58 years finishing 16th isn't a good season. it just means its the same poxy league, and same poxy teams the following year.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 01:53 - Feb 25 with 2595 viewspointofblue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 01:17 - Feb 25 by textbackup

that's my overall issue with all this, MM wont take us up, even finishing in the PO his history in big games is terrible. facts back that up.

so why keep going with him when at best (as you put it) we hang around the PO's (which we don't BTW we finished in them once in his time (good achievement I know)

finishing 10th isn't a good season. limping into 7th isn't a good season, our worst season in 58 years finishing 16th isn't a good season. it just means its the same poxy league, and same poxy teams the following year.

That's interesting because at this point I'd be perfectly happy with a top half finish as long as I can see us rebuilding. We had a horrific season last time around and this season has seen shoots of recovery, unfortunately puncuated with injuries to our creative players - we had seven out alone against Cardiff due to injury and illness. It's very rare for a club to shoot from bottom half to Play Offs without decent investment which is something we haven't had in years.

For me, we have to accept gradual growth as we adapt to losing Murphy, who was instrumental to the way we play. We didn't manage to bring in players to do this last season for whatever reason and muddied along, becoming more concerned performance by performance. This year we seem to be building something which works far better, giving us a platform to push on next season.

Is Mick the manager to help us do exactly that? He has the records and pedigree to say yes but the fractious relationship with the fans is hardly conducive to a pleasant atmosphere at Portman Road; even though the players state it doesn't effect them surely it does. A change may at least ease that, or redirect the fire to those off the pitch, but if we stick rather than twist then the club will have to work hard to sell that decision to the fans to not cause more financial and overall support issues.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 02:07 - Feb 25 with 2589 viewsDarth_Koont

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 01:53 - Feb 25 by pointofblue

That's interesting because at this point I'd be perfectly happy with a top half finish as long as I can see us rebuilding. We had a horrific season last time around and this season has seen shoots of recovery, unfortunately puncuated with injuries to our creative players - we had seven out alone against Cardiff due to injury and illness. It's very rare for a club to shoot from bottom half to Play Offs without decent investment which is something we haven't had in years.

For me, we have to accept gradual growth as we adapt to losing Murphy, who was instrumental to the way we play. We didn't manage to bring in players to do this last season for whatever reason and muddied along, becoming more concerned performance by performance. This year we seem to be building something which works far better, giving us a platform to push on next season.

Is Mick the manager to help us do exactly that? He has the records and pedigree to say yes but the fractious relationship with the fans is hardly conducive to a pleasant atmosphere at Portman Road; even though the players state it doesn't effect them surely it does. A change may at least ease that, or redirect the fire to those off the pitch, but if we stick rather than twist then the club will have to work hard to sell that decision to the fans to not cause more financial and overall support issues.

Excellent post.

Pronouns: He/Him

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 02:53 - Feb 25 with 2573 viewsSuperfrans

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 01:17 - Feb 25 by textbackup

So, it seem clear what you want. Promotion.
And unless we get promotion, that’s failure.
And you won’t be happy with anything less.
That seems to be what you’re saying. Happy to be put right.

There are so many things that are problematic with this.
For a start, we don’t operate on anywhere near a Top 6 budget in this division. In other words, our budget isn’t one of the 6 highest budgets in the division. So why do you “expect”a top 6 performance? Of course target top 6 or aspire to top 6, but you shouldn’t expect it.

If you only go to football to achieve top 6 I don’t know why you bother. That would be like only supporting a Prem team if it has a chance of picking up silverware. So, there is no point supporting West Ham, or Everton, or Southampton (not to mention others). There is no point supporting a club unless it wins?

That’s not supporting, that’s being a customer.

To,be honest, if you’re Overall point is that you won’t be a happy fan unless we finish top 6, I just think you’re supporting the wrong club, because we will never be able to guarantee you that.

I know that still being in the Championship is frustrating. I don’t imagine there is a single Town fan who doesn’t recognise that. We all understand. But you need to start dealing with the frustration, or find something else to distract you on a Saturday.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 03:12 - Feb 25 with 2565 viewsVaughan8

I can't believe how many people actually think we are going to get in the playoffs or even contemplating it at the moment. We are like 7 places off (despite being "only" 6 points) and we have won 3 of our last 12 games. Hardly hitting form.

We won one game yesterday, which is brilliant and probably unexpected, but unless we win the next few games, it won't really mean anything.

If Bristol City beat Cardiff today, which isn't impossible, then it will be 9 points. That will seem too much. That's 3 wins away, which we have only managed 3 in our last 12.

Beat Hull and the 2 Sheffields (or 2 wins and a draw) and I might change my mind.

The likelihood is, we won't turn up vs Hull and lose
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 08:28 - Feb 25 with 2530 viewsHerbivore

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 01:53 - Feb 25 by pointofblue

Very well thought out post that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 12:53 - Feb 25 with 2474 viewsnshearman1

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 08:28 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Very well thought out post that.

Agreed, though it's a bit early to say whether true re-building has taken place. A significant number of our key players are loanees, which us the way it gas been for several seasons now under this financial strategy.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:11 - Feb 25 with 2459 viewsLeoMuff

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 02:53 - Feb 25 by Superfrans

So, it seem clear what you want. Promotion.
And unless we get promotion, that’s failure.
And you won’t be happy with anything less.
That seems to be what you’re saying. Happy to be put right.

There are so many things that are problematic with this.
For a start, we don’t operate on anywhere near a Top 6 budget in this division. In other words, our budget isn’t one of the 6 highest budgets in the division. So why do you “expect”a top 6 performance? Of course target top 6 or aspire to top 6, but you shouldn’t expect it.

If you only go to football to achieve top 6 I don’t know why you bother. That would be like only supporting a Prem team if it has a chance of picking up silverware. So, there is no point supporting West Ham, or Everton, or Southampton (not to mention others). There is no point supporting a club unless it wins?

That’s not supporting, that’s being a customer.

To,be honest, if you’re Overall point is that you won’t be a happy fan unless we finish top 6, I just think you’re supporting the wrong club, because we will never be able to guarantee you that.

I know that still being in the Championship is frustrating. I don’t imagine there is a single Town fan who doesn’t recognise that. We all understand. But you need to start dealing with the frustration, or find something else to distract you on a Saturday.

It’s like being a fan of Brighton and saying if we don’t finish top 6 in the premier then we have failed, just weird.

Somebody’s going to very angry over the next few years unless ME sells up if that’s their parameters of success.

The only Muff in Town.

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:14 - Feb 25 with 2458 viewsshoopdelang

Probably need 30 points from a possibly 36. Can’t see it comebow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024