Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. 17:11 - Feb 24 with 10907 viewsCurrie10

* Providing Bristol City lose to Cardiff.

Do I think we'll do it? Of course not. I don't think we're capable of putting 3 on the spin together.

However, how in gods name are we even in this position? We've got bucket loads injured, and this is on the back of 95th min Nodge goal + the defeat to Cardiff. I mean it's ridiculous it really is.

Hull H is winnable.
Sheff Wed A = they have more injuries than us / trying things.
Sheff Utd H = they seem on the slide
Bristol City A = likewise

Just the most ridiculous season in a long-time. No doubt we'll lose to Hull and this post will be absolutely pathetic / but it does beg the question as to the standard of the league this season and who actually wants 6th..............
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:26 - Feb 25 with 3390 viewsHerbivore

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:14 - Feb 25 by shoopdelang

Probably need 30 points from a possibly 36. Can’t see it comebow

You think it'll take 78 points? I think it'll be a bit less but agree that it looks beyond us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:31 - Feb 25 with 3381 viewsHennikerBlu

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 20:14 - Feb 24 by LeoMuff

13/14 4 points off, 14/15 in play offs, 15/16 7th, 16/17 poor.
So I make that 3 seasons in 4 in or around play offs.

15/16 7th

I think we unexpectedly beat Derby on the last day? We had switched off prior to that game and I think one more win and we would have been in there, it felt a strange end to the season.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:41 - Feb 25 with 3361 viewspatrickswell

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:31 - Feb 25 by HennikerBlu

15/16 7th

I think we unexpectedly beat Derby on the last day? We had switched off prior to that game and I think one more win and we would have been in there, it felt a strange end to the season.

Yes, I remember that April featured a glut of drawn games and the infamous loss to Brentford. Some wins there may have made the difference.

As for this year, well let’s target 6 points from Hull/Sheff Wed and see where we are.

Cardiff just taken a late lead against Bristol City. I know we’re at the back of the queue, but interesting....
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 13:46]
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:54 - Feb 25 with 3339 viewsDarth_Koont

Looking like it'll be 6 points to 6th.

But there are 9 sides with as good if not better chance of claiming that single remaining play-off spot so not really worth worrying about unless we go on an excellent and extended run of results that we've only ever seen once that I can remember in November/December 2014.

And even then, we probably need the @rse to fall out of Derby and/or Fulham's season as the odds are still so poor.

Pronouns: He/Him

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 14:25 - Feb 25 with 3301 viewsNo9

You also have to take into accoutn what teams above Town do - match to match
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 14:55 - Feb 25 with 3286 viewsshoopdelang

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:26 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

You think it'll take 78 points? I think it'll be a bit less but agree that it looks beyond us.

It was 80 points last year I believe ? And the season we sneaked in I think we got 78? So I’d imagine it will be around that. Even if it’s lower say 75 I think it’s a huge ask
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:04 - Feb 25 with 3266 viewsPJH

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 14:55 - Feb 25 by shoopdelang

It was 80 points last year I believe ? And the season we sneaked in I think we got 78? So I’d imagine it will be around that. Even if it’s lower say 75 I think it’s a huge ask

The team that finished 6th did get 80 points although 76 would have been enough.
When we deservedly finished in the top 6 with 78 points that was an unusually high number.
In 2015/16 70 points would have got 6th place.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:09 - Feb 25 with 3256 viewsDarth_Koont

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 14:55 - Feb 25 by shoopdelang

That's a fallacy. It'll be whatever it ends up being. When Leicester squeaked over the line in 2012/13 it was 68. And it's been 70 and 72 also in the past decade.

The average is around 74 or 75. But you're right that it's a massive ask.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 15:10]

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:20 - Feb 25 with 3237 viewsCurrie10

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:09 - Feb 25 by Darth_Koont

That's a fallacy. It'll be whatever it ends up being. When Leicester squeaked over the line in 2012/13 it was 68. And it's been 70 and 72 also in the past decade.

The average is around 74 or 75. But you're right that it's a massive ask.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 15:10]

Bristol City did their bit today.

See what we do vs Hull first - IF we had everyone fit.......... MAYBE.

Seems utterly impossible, see if we can put two on the spin together.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:34 - Feb 25 with 3225 viewsbraveblue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:31 - Feb 24 by Schmoke

I'd laugh my tits off if Mick got us into 6th.

I think the board would implode.

Don’t hold your breath
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:40 - Feb 25 with 3209 viewsJ2BLUE

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:33 - Feb 24 by Benters2

You havent seen it said on here then.

We have upper mid table,we have lower mid table.

Mid table is 12th.

You ok Hun? x

You haven't really got the hang of that have you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:40 - Feb 25 with 3217 viewspointofblue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 13:54 - Feb 25 by Darth_Koont

Looking like it'll be 6 points to 6th.

But there are 9 sides with as good if not better chance of claiming that single remaining play-off spot so not really worth worrying about unless we go on an excellent and extended run of results that we've only ever seen once that I can remember in November/December 2014.

And even then, we probably need the @rse to fall out of Derby and/or Fulham's season as the odds are still so poor.

Not that I think we're going to make the Play Offs for a moment but Derby tend to have end of season collapses. They're eight points clear of 7th but have only picked up three points out of the last twelve.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:41 - Feb 25 with 3213 viewsCurrie10

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 03:12 - Feb 25 by Vaughan8

I can't believe how many people actually think we are going to get in the playoffs or even contemplating it at the moment. We are like 7 places off (despite being "only" 6 points) and we have won 3 of our last 12 games. Hardly hitting form.

We won one game yesterday, which is brilliant and probably unexpected, but unless we win the next few games, it won't really mean anything.

If Bristol City beat Cardiff today, which isn't impossible, then it will be 9 points. That will seem too much. That's 3 wins away, which we have only managed 3 in our last 12.

Beat Hull and the 2 Sheffields (or 2 wins and a draw) and I might change my mind.

The likelihood is, we won't turn up vs Hull and lose

Oh I agree with this exactly.

I too also feel we're likely to not beat Hull and be incapable of putting 2 wins together.

However, despite 3 wins in 12, how in gods name are we but 6 points off the top 6? How? We've been beyond bad this season.

You never know, perhaps Carayol will be inspired. MAYBE with Dids out, Carayol AND Celina will go wide - we'll try old skule 4-4-2 and it'll just all of a sudden - CLICK.

Funny old game football.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 16:49 - Feb 25 with 3179 viewsSuperfrans

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:41 - Feb 25 by Currie10

I too also feel we're likely to not beat Hull and be incapable of putting 2 wins together.

However, despite 3 wins in 12, how in gods name are we but 6 points off the top 6? How? We've been beyond bad this season.

You never know, perhaps Carayol will be inspired. MAYBE with Dids out, Carayol AND Celina will go wide - we'll try old skule 4-4-2 and it'll just all of a sudden - CLICK.

Funny old game football.

We haven’t been beyond bad. We had a decent first half of the season, scoring lots of goals and playing better football. We’ve declined since Christmas, but we’ve not been terrible.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 3174 viewsSomethingBlue

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:41 - Feb 25 by Currie10

Funny old game football.

We've been average, no better no worse. People wildly overstate how terrible we are, even when we're pretty terrible.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 17:07 - Feb 25 with 3152 viewsshoopdelang

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 15:04 - Feb 25 by PJH

The team that finished 6th did get 80 points although 76 would have been enough.
When we deservedly finished in the top 6 with 78 points that was an unusually high number.
In 2015/16 70 points would have got 6th place.

I could see us getting to around 70 points with our run in to be fair.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 3123 viewspatrickswell

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 16:49 - Feb 25 by Superfrans

We haven’t been beyond bad. We had a decent first half of the season, scoring lots of goals and playing better football. We’ve declined since Christmas, but we’ve not been terrible.

You’re wasting your breath, Superfrans. There’s too many people on here who still think it’s 2016-17 and it kills them that statiscally we’re not matching up to their paranoia. For example, we’ve now won more league games than we did last season and still 12 games left.
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:18 - Feb 25 with 3118 viewsHerbivore

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:15 - Feb 25 by patrickswell

You’re wasting your breath, Superfrans. There’s too many people on here who still think it’s 2016-17 and it kills them that statiscally we’re not matching up to their paranoia. For example, we’ve now won more league games than we did last season and still 12 games left.

We've also won as many games as Bristol City and only one less game than Fulham, both of whom are allegedly amazing. It's odd the negative way a section of our fans view us in comparison to others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:25 - Feb 25 with 3101 viewsCurrie10

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 16:49 - Feb 25 by Superfrans

Judging by what people type on here week in week out we've been beyond horrific.

One final chance to do something starting with a very winnable game at H to Hull. Lets get back to back results.....

If we could unleash Carayol + Celina........ with Waghorn / Garner uptop we could be quite a frightening opposition......
Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:30 - Feb 25 with 3093 viewsSuperfrans

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 18:25 - Feb 25 by Currie10

Judging by what people type on here week in week out we've been beyond horrific.

One final chance to do something starting with a very winnable game at H to Hull. Lets get back to back results.....

If we could unleash Carayol + Celina........ with Waghorn / Garner uptop we could be quite a frightening opposition......

I’m going into the Hull match feeling hopeful (as usual) - although I hope they don’t come to PR hoping to do what Burton did, stifle us, stop us early on and get in our faces. The hope has to be that, as a team newly down from the Prem, they’ll be more ambitious than that and go at us more.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 18:31]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:01 - Feb 25 with 3065 viewsTrequartista

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 23:01 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

Jesus wept.

Great comeback, that's won the debate.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 06:42 - Mar 1 with 2962 viewsCurrie10

Whether people like this or not - we're 6 points off the top 6. on 19:01 - Feb 25 by Trequartista

Great comeback, that's won the debate.

It is!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024