Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... 14:58 - Feb 26 with 10698 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:16 - Feb 26 with 3743 viewsBrixtonBlue

I don't agree with the Carayol bit (Watson seems to have forgotten he was ill during the week) but the rest is spot on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:24 - Feb 26 with 3726 viewsBrixtonBlue

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:29 - Feb 26 by LankHenners

I think a lot of people recognise the need for something to change, and the manager is the easiest option there. The 'minority' are the sort of uber-melts who chant 'your football is sh1t' at Norwich or use up all their energy analysing Mick's words and actions like a Shakespeare MA student to twist them into a negative to then justify playing the victim and abusing the manager.

I'd wager that a large chunk of the 75% (of which I include myself) are more of the 'think it's best for all if Mick left but if he did end up staying I'd rally round and get behind the team' type than the above nutters.

I'm not one of the chanters but I respect their right to have their say. They only want the best for our club, just like the rest of us... they just happen to have a different view to you on how that's achieved.

I think it's a bit churlish to call fellow supporters "uber-melts", "nutters" and acting like "Shakespeare MA students" just for having a different opinion on how to get what's best for the club.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:24 - Feb 26 with 3723 viewsDarth_Koont

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:03 - Feb 26 by chicoazul

"Very smug and ill-informed article. What possible basis can there possibly be for not saying the club is not rotten from top to bottom? The owners are unknown according to the football league. The rumoured owner is a spiv reviled by FIFA and the Olympics. The chief exec is a nonentity. The manager is a foulmouthed dinosaur. The club exists to take money offshore - it is an asset to be stripped. And stripped it has been. Ruthlessly. The ground is an unsavoury advertising hoarding for reviled Touts. The shirt is an advertising hoarding for a gambling site nobody has heard of. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about ITFC that any supporter who watched the club with a modicum of pride in the last century can take any interest in at present. The club truly is rotten from top to bottom now. And rotten to the core."
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 17:03]

Haha. That's so over the top it actually cheered me up.

Good old Nerdy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:28 - Feb 26 with 3717 viewsDarth_Koont

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:24 - Feb 26 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not one of the chanters but I respect their right to have their say. They only want the best for our club, just like the rest of us... they just happen to have a different view to you on how that's achieved.

I think it's a bit churlish to call fellow supporters "uber-melts", "nutters" and acting like "Shakespeare MA students" just for having a different opinion on how to get what's best for the club.

The chant at Norwich was a complete embarrassment, showing a complete lack of understanding and respect for Mick and the team.

I think Mick did well to restrict himself to a 2-second blitz.

Pronouns: He/Him

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:28 - Feb 26 with 3715 viewsLankHenners

I'm not sure they have an opinion on what's best for the club tbh - they're just a bunch of barmy masochists.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:34 - Feb 26 with 3699 viewsBrixtonBlue

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:28 - Feb 26 by Darth_Koont

The chant at Norwich was a complete embarrassment, showing a complete lack of understanding and respect for Mick and the team.

I think Mick did well to restrict himself to a 2-second blitz.

Yeah chanting alongside Norwich supporters is pretty unforgivable, I have to agree there.

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:36 - Feb 26 with 3700 viewsSomethingBlue

I think a lot of them just want what is best for their own damaged egos at the end of the day, to be honest.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 18:31 - Feb 26 with 3636 viewstextbackup

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:36 - Feb 26 by SomethingBlue

I think a lot of them just want what is best for their own damaged egos at the end of the day, to be honest.

DID you ask any of them singing the song if this was the reason?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 19:32 - Feb 26 with 3568 viewsclive_baker

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:17 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

MM will go on claiming it's a minority of fans and ME will go on ignoring the fans.

Nothing will change. The only thing we don't know is when they will announce MM is staying.

He’s off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 19:39 - Feb 26 with 3558 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, what do you suggest calling someone who's treating the cliched utterances of a football manager with the same seriousness that some people place on presidential adresses?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 19:40 - Feb 26 with 3557 viewsArnieM

It’s not the first time Evans has been called to the stand to make his decision ntrndions clear.
We will no doubt we’ve served up with the usual mundane trivia in a match day programme. I just don’t believe a single word that comes out of the mouths of these Three Musketeers . Just leave our Club MM / TC and ffs sell up Marcus Evans!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 19:58 - Feb 26 with 3532 viewsBrixtonBlue

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 19:39 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, what do you suggest calling someone who's treating the cliched utterances of a football manager with the same seriousness that some people place on presidential adresses?

Erm... thorough?

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 22:08 - Feb 26 with 3470 viewspickles110564

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:24 - Feb 26 by ITFC_Forever

The poll on here and that Watson ran on Friday were more clear-cut for Mick Out than I thought... and I've long advocated a change.

For two separate polls on the subject to muster around 5000 votes between them (ok, some people may well have voted in both), and come to a Mick Out vote of around 75%, is a pretty conclusive result from a decent-sized sample.

But, as I've said for a while, it's looking more and more likely that MMc will stay... if his recent comments are anything to go by, he wants to stay and has well and truly put the ball in ME's court.
ME's decision now is which is least risky - a) Keep Mick and see what happens to ST sales or b) Replace Mick and see what happens on the pitch - will we improve, stay the same or do worse?

Not everybody that wants mick to stay votes in these polls, just like people saying most have changed their minds and want to stay in the EU.
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 23:42 - Feb 26 with 3416 viewsSuperfrans

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 15:18 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Bloody hell. Nerdy is obviously still trolling but the rest of them....

If anything, Watson softsoaps it. There are two basic questions:

Why does ME want to own this club now? And if he doesn't what is his exit strategy? If he does, then how does he intend that we compete above our budget in this division?

Exactly this. I asked Milne at a fans event a year or two ago, what was Evans' strategy/exit plan given that the current financial model is never going to get us promoted.

His answer was a fairly limp, "Well, it might do..."

Hashtag rolls eyes...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 23:47 - Feb 26 with 3410 viewsSuperfrans

"Very smug and ill-informed article. What possible basis can there possibly be for not saying the club is not rotten from top to bottom? The owners are unknown according to the football league. The rumoured owner is a spiv reviled by FIFA and the Olympics. The chief exec is a nonentity. The manager is a foulmouthed dinosaur. The club exists to take money offshore - it is an asset to be stripped. And stripped it has been. Ruthlessly. The ground is an unsavoury advertising hoarding for reviled Touts. The shirt is an advertising hoarding for a gambling site nobody has heard of. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about ITFC that any supporter who watched the club with a modicum of pride in the last century can take any interest in at present. The club truly is rotten from top to bottom now. And rotten to the core."

Blimey.

Although I think you missed "Vote Brexit" on the end... ;-)

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 04:34 - Feb 27 with 3350 viewsharlingblue

Watson and Norwich based Archant don't mean nothing to me, but I want our owner to come to the front, and demand what he wants from the club and fans.
ME, come to the front, demand the support for manager, players, and your Club.
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 05:12 - Feb 27 with 3338 viewsBenters2

Nice one.
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 05:28 - Feb 27 with 3332 viewsBenters2

I chanted it there were a fair few that did.

I will tell you why i chanted it,its becuase MMs style of football is basically so poor to watch,why are people leaving in droves?If we played good football people wouldnt be walking away.

I know Herbi has said the average gate has stayed the same but this season that is thanks to giving away 1000 tickets for the Brum game and selling the Leeds fans more.

We are now getting the lowest gates in some 20 years,by having three 13k gates .
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 05:34 - Feb 27 with 3325 viewsBenters2

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 23:42 - Feb 26 by Superfrans

Exactly this. I asked Milne at a fans event a year or two ago, what was Evans' strategy/exit plan given that the current financial model is never going to get us promoted.

His answer was a fairly limp, "Well, it might do..."

Hashtag rolls eyes...

ffs.
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 05:45 - Feb 27 with 3321 viewsBenters2

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 17:36 - Feb 26 by SomethingBlue

What a crock of sh1t!
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:35 - Feb 27 with 3301 viewsBlueBadger

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 18:31 - Feb 26 by textbackup

DID you ask any of them singing the song if this was the reason?

Stop trying to defend it Texters, it was sh1twitted and frankly, you're better than this.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 7:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:42 - Feb 27 with 3291 viewsBenters2

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:35 - Feb 27 by BlueBadger

Stop trying to defend it Texters, it was sh1twitted and frankly, you're better than this.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 7:37]

Did you go Mr.Badger?
Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:43 - Feb 27 with 3289 viewsBlueBadger

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 16:24 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Well said that man.

I like how both you AND the bloke who down voted managed to misinterpret that one.

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:48 - Feb 27 with 3288 viewsBlueBadger

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 05:28 - Feb 27 by Benters2

I chanted it there were a fair few that did.

I will tell you why i chanted it,its becuase MMs style of football is basically so poor to watch,why are people leaving in droves?If we played good football people wouldnt be walking away.

I know Herbi has said the average gate has stayed the same but this season that is thanks to giving away 1000 tickets for the Brum game and selling the Leeds fans more.

We are now getting the lowest gates in some 20 years,by having three 13k gates .

...so you decided the place place to get that message across wasn't at a home game, but at our local rivals?

And then cried because the bad man said a rude word.

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:50 - Feb 27 with 3286 viewsBlueBadger

Really decent piece from Stuart Watson here... on 07:42 - Feb 27 by Benters2

Did you go Mr.Badger?

'Badger doesn't go to football very often' isn't a justification for it, either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024