Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? 12:22 - Mar 11 with 5619 viewsitfcjoe

Not really followed it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 12:24 - Mar 11 with 5611 viewsGunnsAirkick

Isn't it around player sales and the many issues with the new stadium?
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 12:38 - Mar 11 with 5575 viewsbournemouthblue

They feel a disconnect having left their old ground?

They were promised they'd step up a level with the new stadium but they have only spent £29 million on transfers or something like that?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 12:41 - Mar 11 with 5559 viewsDanny_G

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/09/west-ham-fan-groups-protest-mar

This is a long read, but describes it well.
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 12:42 - Mar 11 with 5550 viewsFtnfwest

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 12:38 - Mar 11 by bournemouthblue

They feel a disconnect having left their old ground?

They were promised they'd step up a level with the new stadium but they have only spent £29 million on transfers or something like that?

Well half of them feel a disconnect - if they were still at Upton Park the other half wouldn’t even be able to get in
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 13:00 - Mar 11 with 5507 viewsitfcjoe

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 12:41 - Mar 11 by Danny_G

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/09/west-ham-fan-groups-protest-mar

This is a long read, but describes it well.

I have read that but seemed to be more about the different factions as opposed to the underlying reasons

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 13:07 - Mar 11 with 5490 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Depsite knowing at least 50 West Ham fans, I don’t know a single fan who wanted (before or after) them to leave Upton Park.

They feel the move from their roots to the athletics stadium is the biggest example that there club has ‘gone corporate’. They blame the ownership for that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 13:57 - Mar 11 with 5390 viewsfactual_blue

That David Moyes will probably be selling the Big Issue before long.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 14:01 - Mar 11 with 5385 viewsNo9

You can get todays lunchtime footie program on BBC iPlayer.
Quite a discussion.
Login to get fewer ads

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 14:48 - Mar 11 with 5297 viewsmonty_radio

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 13:07 - Mar 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Depsite knowing at least 50 West Ham fans, I don’t know a single fan who wanted (before or after) them to leave Upton Park.

They feel the move from their roots to the athletics stadium is the biggest example that there club has ‘gone corporate’. They blame the ownership for that.

For them that make the move from Chadwell Heath to Emerson Park there's no going back.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 14:55 - Mar 11 with 5281 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 14:48 - Mar 11 by monty_radio

For them that make the move from Chadwell Heath to Emerson Park there's no going back.

It’s more that they’ve gone from a stadium with a great atmosphere with the stands close to the pitch to a soulless bowl of an athletics stadium that’s 30 metres from the pitch.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 14:55 - Mar 11 with 5280 viewsSwansea_Blue

The main issue seems to be they are losing. That compounds the other off-field problems. I doubt people would bcomplaining if they were top half and scoring a few goals. Although tbf, the stadium move has had criticism from the start.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 15:05 - Mar 11 with 5263 viewscbower

They feel entitled to top flight, competitive football playing a slick passing game that is the West Ham way. Oh, and they won the World Cup too. Nuff said.

bluescouser

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 17:00 - Mar 11 with 5131 viewsmonty_radio

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 14:55 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

The main issue seems to be they are losing. That compounds the other off-field problems. I doubt people would bcomplaining if they were top half and scoring a few goals. Although tbf, the stadium move has had criticism from the start.

I guess the promise to the fans revolved around bigger gates enabling them to compete. As they then aren't spending big or competing the feeling of what has been lost rankles all the more.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 17:15 - Mar 11 with 5097 viewsBluefish

The main issue is that the owners and Brady are c***s and the supporters are c***s

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 18:52 - Mar 11 with 4993 viewsbritbiker

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 17:00 - Mar 11 by monty_radio

I guess the promise to the fans revolved around bigger gates enabling them to compete. As they then aren't spending big or competing the feeling of what has been lost rankles all the more.

A couple of years in the prem with bigger gates and prem money and they could become one of the leagues regulars. Not upset that its imploding so quickly bearing in mind the deal they got on the stadium. They will soon be back on a par with us.

Despite the money the owners have made from the stadium sale and and deal they got on the Olympic Park. they still expect the tax payers to pay for everything that needs upgrading..
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 18:55 - Mar 11 with 4986 viewsElderGrizzly

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 13:07 - Mar 11 by The_Romford_Blue

And the current owners treat it like a play thing. They interfere in player recruitment and selection, let one of their sons get involved, who has nothing to so with the club in a professional capacity and they skim money off the club and into their pockets.

Plus they sold the “leave Upton Park” story on a pack of lies. Think Boris’s bus...
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 19:01 - Mar 11 with 4970 viewsbritbiker

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 18:55 - Mar 11 by ElderGrizzly

And the current owners treat it like a play thing. They interfere in player recruitment and selection, let one of their sons get involved, who has nothing to so with the club in a professional capacity and they skim money off the club and into their pockets.

Plus they sold the “leave Upton Park” story on a pack of lies. Think Boris’s bus...

Its amazing in this day and age how people running football clubs can hide and obscure where money goes. I bet no WHU fans will ever get to know exactly how much money get drawn of by directors and their family members.
What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 20:03 - Mar 11 with 4880 viewsITFC_Forever

What are the big issues at Wet Spam? on 18:52 - Mar 11 by britbiker

A couple of years in the prem with bigger gates and prem money and they could become one of the leagues regulars. Not upset that its imploding so quickly bearing in mind the deal they got on the stadium. They will soon be back on a par with us.

Despite the money the owners have made from the stadium sale and and deal they got on the Olympic Park. they still expect the tax payers to pay for everything that needs upgrading..

And I’m sure I’ve read that the rent on the stadium goes down in the event of relegation.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024