Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Inners" and "Outers" 23:27 - Mar 29 with 7541 viewsKeaneish

Now he's gone, can we stop with the "inners" and "outers" labelling? The out pouring of emotion and finger pointing on here reminds me of Britain in the wake of Brexit. Mick had a decent crack of the whip and was unable to keep a huge sway of fans happy with his style and approach. It was time to move on as is it time to move on as a united group of Town fans. For better or for worse there should be sense of optimism not scepticism. It's a new chapter.

The minute a manager turns on section of fans, he's lost. This outcome shouldn't surprise anyone, it was inevitable. Here's to more ups and downs but hopefully all with renewed sense of pride and passion, which has sadly been absent for a long time.

From me, thanks Mick for all the effort but you weren't the right fit. Time to embrace change.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

(No subject) on 08:47 - Mar 30 with 2802 viewsKeaneish

(No subject) on 08:08 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

I'm sorry, but that's just utter bull. The number of times I've had to endure the 'outers', or numbskulls as they should really be called from now on, tell me that I'm part of the problem because I don't think we should really be invading the pitch or unfurling banners. These same fans, who ultimately don't go to games for a variety of reasons, turned not supporting the club into a virtue and scoffed at anyone who dared to still actually enjoy supporting Town.

You've got this entirely arse about face, all us reasonable fans have ever done is call the more vociferous of you out on your nonsense, as I'm doing now. The majority of us have equally wanted Mick gone for some time now, 'inners' have only existed in the heads of you, Benters, Texters and a few others for a good number of months now. Look closer to home if you want to understand the division in the fan base.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 8:20]

Again, exactly my point, labelling all outers as numbskulls. There's a great deal of rational thinking behind wanting Mick to leave. Fans who stayed away still supported the club through various other means. Time to get off that horse Herbs. I've never labelled you an inner, you've assumed that and it's obvious that the nearer it came to Mick's departure the less support he'd have as people looked to new horizons. I'm not looking at the last 6 months, I'm looking back to years ago when the division really started. Anyway, clean slate from me. Maybe time for you to do the same.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:48 - Mar 30 with 2802 viewsBluefish

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:44 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

Righto. I guess technically there was Truce and PJH, although I think even Truce turned.

I haven't turned I still appreciate Mick but i recognise his failings as well. The booing was disgraceful but this summer is still the right time to make a change.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:51 - Mar 30 with 2798 viewsBluefish

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:40 - Mar 30 by Keaneish

No such thing as "inners"...??? An outer can't exist without there being an inner so that logic doesn't hold-up.

There were normal football fans and then then green crayon numbskulls became outers. The normal ones stayed normal but tried to correct the rubbish and and facts and rationale to the debate.

You will always be a numbskull but you have simply lost your collective direction

Nope, sorry on 08:51 - Mar 30 with 2804 viewsDyland

I have no issue with fans like Machers, but would have still argued for some balance until the cows come home.

I will always have an issue with the melts who sang "your football is sh1te" at Carrow Road. Mick going doesn't mean they are off the hook for being the worst type of Ipswich supporter who I'd rather just fooked off and did something else. Tw@ts.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

(No subject) on 08:51 - Mar 30 with 2793 viewsMullet

The people desperately trying rewrite their/Mick's history suggests it won't. Especially when they then start doing for other people.

If fans aren't worried about Evans, so be it. But those who called MM a c*nt and similar, or suggesting he was the ballast holding us back are going to look even sillier when their astronomical expectations aren't realised.

It's always been a bit Monty Python with the rabid sense of having to outdo the other man in being more "out" as each statement goes. The vast majority just want change and realistically that needs to come from Evans.

Changing Mick won't change the budget, the way we do business or who we then recruit to bring it about.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 8:56]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Exactly this (n/t) on 08:54 - Mar 30 with 2781 viewsDyland

"Inners" and "Outers" on 01:41 - Mar 30 by itfcjoe

I don’t think there had been (m)any ‘inners’ left and hasn’t been for some time, think everyone agreed it was time for him to go.

However, those that were so vocally against him across social media and here without a semblance of balance will be remembered as such, especially if things get worse quickly.

Eh? (n/t) on 08:55 - Mar 30 with 2780 viewsDyland

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:01 - Mar 30 by Keaneish

This is exactly my point though. The Mick inners turned on the Mick outers which, in a lot of ways, is exactly the characteristic they were vehemently in opposition against. There's a bit of hypocrisy there and it's time for a fresh start - thank God.

Nope, sorry on 08:55 - Mar 30 with 2779 viewsBluefish

Nope, sorry on 08:51 - Mar 30 by Dyland

I have no issue with fans like Machers, but would have still argued for some balance until the cows come home.

I will always have an issue with the melts who sang "your football is sh1te" at Carrow Road. Mick going doesn't mean they are off the hook for being the worst type of Ipswich supporter who I'd rather just fooked off and did something else. Tw@ts.

Correct dyllers you rabid inner

If the numbskulls that chose to sing WITH norwich still won't support then what was the point of letting him go. Some that wanted him out had genuine football reasons but they got caught up in the groundswell and lost all reasoning by joining up with the loonies that were just looking for a purpose in life.

If you have football that much just find and new hobby and let it go.

Login to get fewer ads

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:59 - Mar 30 with 2757 viewsbrogansnose

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:01 - Mar 30 by Keaneish

This is exactly my point though. The Mick inners turned on the Mick outers which, in a lot of ways, is exactly the characteristic they were vehemently in opposition against. There's a bit of hypocrisy there and it's time for a fresh start - thank God.

The hypocrisy is coming from you on this one.

List the ways you supported the team while not attending matches.
"Inners" and "Outers" on 09:03 - Mar 30 with 2745 viewsBluefish

"Inners" and "Outers" on 08:59 - Mar 30 by brogansnose

The hypocrisy is coming from you on this one.

List the ways you supported the team while not attending matches.

I'm not sure that this one ever attends games regardless of the manager

Nope, sorry on 09:06 - Mar 30 with 2740 viewsDyland

Nope, sorry on 08:55 - Mar 30 by Bluefish

Correct dyllers you rabid inner

If the numbskulls that chose to sing WITH norwich still won't support then what was the point of letting him go. Some that wanted him out had genuine football reasons but they got caught up in the groundswell and lost all reasoning by joining up with the loonies that were just looking for a purpose in life.

If you have football that much just find and new hobby and let it go.

Indeed Fishers you massive loon x

I've been kind of an "outer" since the game plan at Loftus Road when we should have looked to kill QPR last season BY SCORING GOALS. (we were all over them until the subs)... followed close on the heels with the Lincoln debacle when Douglas and Chambers et al kept kicking the ball into their own faces. Literally. I was fuming for a whole week. Football eh?

However, I'm a fan of Chambers. And a fan of McCarthy. He's done some good stuff. You can think that whilst wanting a new manager and approach. And you can criticise McCarthy and Chambers at right back whilst praising the good stuff they do. It's not all black and white.

How dare fans want to continue going to Portman Road, even if it's a bit crap. I bleed blue. I love ITFC.

I have more time for McCarthy as a football man than the divs in our support base who abuse from the herd. That is not aimed at "outers". That is aimed at thick know nothings.

"Inners" and "Outers" on 09:07 - Mar 30 with 2735 viewshype313

I just thought it was time to part ways, end of a cycle is what Mick said and that's about bang on the money.

I didn't necessarily enjoy the past 18 months or so, however I realise mick was only a small part of a bigger issue all things ITFC.

Not sure a new manager is the panacea everyone will be hoping for...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

"Inners" and "Outers" on 09:08 - Mar 30 with 2726 viewsDanTheMan

"Inners" and "Outers" on 09:07 - Mar 30 by hype313

I just thought it was time to part ways, end of a cycle is what Mick said and that's about bang on the money.

I didn't necessarily enjoy the past 18 months or so, however I realise mick was only a small part of a bigger issue all things ITFC.

"Not sure a new manager is the panacea everyone will be hoping for... "

This is far and away my biggest worry.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

mick was only a small part of a bigger issue all things ITFC on 09:12 - Mar 30 with 2715 viewsDyland

"Inners" and "Outers" on 09:07 - Mar 30 by hype313

Swap ITFC for "football in England".

"Inners" and "Outers" on 09:17 - Mar 30 with 2698 viewsDyland

"Inners" and "Outers" on 00:22 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

If we do well some will be saying: Mick has laid out good foundations for the new manager !!!

If we do badly the same will be bleating like: we should have kept Mick !

You can't argue that Mick hasn't recruited well, and without injuries to all our creative midfielders the squad looks pretty good for the money. Well, YOU could argue this point I guess ;)

If a new manager uses much the same squad in a tactical way that makes us win games and scores goals I will give all the kudos to the new manager. Absolutely. I will also say Mick bought some good players.

Interesting that all you "outers"..... on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 2664 viewsBloots

....now want to drop that label.

Don't worry sunshine, when we appoint Tony Adams and end up in the Bostick Prem, we'll still remember you.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"Inners" and "Outers" on 10:54 - Mar 30 with 2653 viewswkj

Way of the modern world, pick a side, and follow it - no independent thoughts allowed

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nope, sorry on 11:01 - Mar 30 with 2642 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Nope, sorry on 08:51 - Mar 30 by Dyland

I wasn't at Carrow Road last February. If I'd been there I wouldn't have been one of those singing this. No I wouldn't but that doesn't change my opinion about him.

Wonder why you defend him so dearly as he was at fault many times too. Do you think he is entitled to say what he wants and gets away with it? Some of his comments aimed at our fanbase was completely unnecessary.
Nope, sorry on 11:08 - Mar 30 with 2638 viewsDyland

Nope, sorry on 11:01 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

I wasn't at Carrow Road last February. If I'd been there I wouldn't have been one of those singing this. No I wouldn't but that doesn't change my opinion about him.

Wonder why you defend him so dearly as he was at fault many times too. Do you think he is entitled to say what he wants and gets away with it? Some of his comments aimed at our fanbase was completely unnecessary.

"I wasn't at Carrow Road last February. If I'd been there I wouldn't have been one of those singing this. No I wouldn't but that doesn't change my opinion about him."

I know.

"Wonder why you defend him so dearly as he was at fault many times too."

I don't defend him "so dearly". I'm talking about the back and forth insults. It's a case of give it but can't take it. Yes he should have risen above it but it's pathetic fans getting all upset.

I've made my opinions clear about Mick's tactics/subs and shortcomings in part agreeing with you. But you still come back with hyperbolic nonsense like "defend him so dearly." Clearly balance just isn't your thing so I'm going to give up now.

"Inners" and "Outers" on 11:12 - Mar 30 with 2625 viewsSuperfrans

Indeed. It’s been a daft pair of labels for a while now - most of the people labelled “inners” have long acknowledged Mick had had his opportunity and his time is up, but just felt he should be treated with a bit of respect for what he has done for us since he arrived.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Nope, sorry on 11:21 - Mar 30 with 2615 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Nope, sorry on 11:08 - Mar 30 by Dyland

"I wasn't at Carrow Road last February. If I'd been there I wouldn't have been one of those singing this. No I wouldn't but that doesn't change my opinion about him."

I know.

"Wonder why you defend him so dearly as he was at fault many times too."

I don't defend him "so dearly". I'm talking about the back and forth insults. It's a case of give it but can't take it. Yes he should have risen above it but it's pathetic fans getting all upset.

I've made my opinions clear about Mick's tactics/subs and shortcomings in part agreeing with you. But you still come back with hyperbolic nonsense like "defend him so dearly." Clearly balance just isn't your thing so I'm going to give up now.

The balance? That balance would be to agree with your general opinion.

Take Preston away for example. Depsite myself having praised the team's first half performance you still had a big issue with me not giving 'credit' to McCarthy. It isn't about the balance. You've been his fan whereas I can't stand him for his behaviour and making us gutless and fearful on the pitch. It's about opinions.
Nope, sorry on 11:23 - Mar 30 with 2607 viewsMullet

Nope, sorry on 11:21 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Take Preston away for example. Depsite myself having praised the team's first half performance you still had a big issue with me not giving 'credit' to McCarthy. It isn't about the balance. You've been his fan whereas I can't stand him for his behaviour and making us gutless and fearful on the pitch. It's about opinions.

Gutless?

Oh FFS

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nope, sorry on 11:34 - Mar 30 with 2597 viewsDyland

Nope, sorry on 11:21 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Of course it's about opinions. Not a single poster I wouldn't enjoy shooting the sh1t with over a pint. I've given you credit when you've written balanced match reports.

Yes I called you out that time for praising the team but not giving any credit for it to McCarthy. Whereas when we're sh1te it's all McCarthy's fault isn't it? Not the players.

You say I'm a fan of McCarthy but I really don't see myself as a fan of his tbh. At the same time I certainly don't fall into the category of "not standing him".

"Inners" and "Outers" on 11:41 - Mar 30 with 2589 viewsBenters2

this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024