Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sugar tax news 20:28 - Apr 5 with 7919 viewsLord_Lucan

Tomorrow is a believe the day that sugar tax starts.

I understand that Lucozade has gone from 13% sugar to 4% to go under the tax - or something like that as I was doing something else when it came on the radio.

Surely it won't taste the same - and are the substitutes going to be as or more harmful in any other way?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sugar tax news on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 2971 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sugar tax news on 21:30 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

There won't be kids in it. It's only aimed at mums.

So ads are aimed at the people in them now are they? Wow. News to me.

It's a shame dogs and cats can't hold money (or understand the concept).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sugar tax news on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 2973 viewsstickymockwell

I reckon rather than taxing sugar, the gov should make people pay for obesity related illnesses and the same goes for smoking and booze. When you see he dude from Millwall running for a child with cancer because we cant afford to treat her, yet if my liver fails or I get lung cancer or I need a gastric band, I can get treatment for free. If you are unfortunate to get an illness though no fault of your own then the NHS should be there for you. If I want the occasional coke or sweet I should be able to have it without being taxed.
If you can't afford it you die.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Sugar tax news on 21:54 - Apr 5 with 2949 viewsNewcyBlue

Sugar tax news on 21:46 - Apr 5 by BrixtonBlue

I would say he’s jesting Dollers.

This ad of yours, will it be on the internet?

We don’t have an aerial going into our home, I think you posted the last one on here? Or you posted one of them.

How much freedom do you get to make the ad? Or do Haribo give you a bit of direction?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Sugar tax news on 23:20 - Apr 5 with 2914 viewsSpruceMoose

Awwwww yiiiiisss. Here we go!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sugar tax news on 02:10 - Apr 6 with 2878 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sugar tax news on 21:54 - Apr 5 by NewcyBlue

I would say he’s jesting Dollers.

This ad of yours, will it be on the internet?

We don’t have an aerial going into our home, I think you posted the last one on here? Or you posted one of them.

How much freedom do you get to make the ad? Or do Haribo give you a bit of direction?

All clients give us direction, which is understandable as they spend a lot of money on their advertising... and we would do absolutely bonkers ads without it!

Yes, I imagine it will be on the internet somewhere.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sugar tax news on 04:16 - Apr 6 with 2844 viewsBenters2

I saw a dog on the news last night helping some poor young lady with a illness,it had her purse in its mouth.
Sugar tax news on 05:00 - Apr 6 with 2833 viewsRyorry

Sugar tax news on 04:16 - Apr 6 by Benters2

I saw a dog on the news last night helping some poor young lady with a illness,it had her purse in its mouth.

Assistance dog - they're superb.

Getting back to the sugar tax - as someone who needs to keep their weight *up* to remain healthy, and who struggles to do so because unable to eat much fat owing to gut problems, I need to eat sugary stuff such as biccies to remain healthy. Govt's approach to the issue is literally non-sense.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sugar tax news on 05:21 - Apr 6 with 2826 viewsBenters2

Sugar tax news on 05:00 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

Assistance dog - they're superb.

Getting back to the sugar tax - as someone who needs to keep their weight *up* to remain healthy, and who struggles to do so because unable to eat much fat owing to gut problems, I need to eat sugary stuff such as biccies to remain healthy. Govt's approach to the issue is literally non-sense.

Indeed they are great.

Its odd to think when i was a child there was no Mcds or other fast foods like that.My generation were more active,on my school holidays i went out on my bike and even at 10 yrs of age,i cycled to see my Grandmother,had a cuppa and a sarnie then cycled back that was some 30miles.

There was fishing,playing in the woods,we did more,we were fitter and more active.

You can eat what you like,if you put more in than you take out,you will get fat,which in later life can lead to health problems.

Yet again we wil see people like you who need a certain ammount of sugar suffer.
Login to get fewer ads

Sugar tax news on 07:13 - Apr 6 with 2804 viewsBlueBadger

Sugar tax news on 21:46 - Apr 5 by stickymockwell

I reckon rather than taxing sugar, the gov should make people pay for obesity related illnesses and the same goes for smoking and booze. When you see he dude from Millwall running for a child with cancer because we cant afford to treat her, yet if my liver fails or I get lung cancer or I need a gastric band, I can get treatment for free. If you are unfortunate to get an illness though no fault of your own then the NHS should be there for you. If I want the occasional coke or sweet I should be able to have it without being taxed.
If you can't afford it you die.

Why stop there? You could charge people for road accidents, sporting injuries, work-related injuries and their parents for inherited conditions.
It's their fault, after all.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sugar tax news on 11:44 - Apr 6 with 2755 viewsLord_Lucan

Stop press. Latest.

Reports are that Pepsi max and the like have risen in price at retail stores because of the sugar tax - although they have no sugar so are exempt.

Who would have thought it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Sugar tax news on 11:47 - Apr 6 with 2751 viewschicoazul

I heard, and I have no idea if this is really true but that wont stop me from commenting on it as if it is, that TicTacs market themselves in the USA as sugar free despite being entirely made from sugar because they contain .49g of sugar and anything with less than .5g of sugar can market itself as being sugar free.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sugar tax news on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 2731 viewsusm

Can i just say................WTF

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Sugar tax news on 12:29 - Apr 6 with 2723 viewsitfcjoe

Sugar tax news on 20:54 - Apr 5 by Lord_Lucan

A friend told me once (and he is the sort of person to talk rubbish so this isn't definite info) that a Big Mac has so much sugar in it it could be legally classed as a dessert**

**It sounds even more stupid now I've typed it.

I'd always heard, and no doubt an urban myth, that the only reason they put a gherkin in it is so that it can be classified as a main rather than dessert

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sugar tax news on 13:31 - Apr 6 with 2684 viewsSpruceMoose

Sugar tax news on 05:21 - Apr 6 by Benters2

Indeed they are great.

Its odd to think when i was a child there was no Mcds or other fast foods like that.My generation were more active,on my school holidays i went out on my bike and even at 10 yrs of age,i cycled to see my Grandmother,had a cuppa and a sarnie then cycled back that was some 30miles.

There was fishing,playing in the woods,we did more,we were fitter and more active.

You can eat what you like,if you put more in than you take out,you will get fat,which in later life can lead to health problems.

Yet again we wil see people like you who need a certain ammount of sugar suffer.

Sounds bucolic. At what age did the bitterness creep in though?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Sugar tax news on 15:13 - Apr 6 with 2663 viewsBrixtonBlue

Indeed they are great.

"Yet again we wil see people like you who need a certain ammount of sugar suffer."

How are people being made to suffer?!

If they need more sugar they can just put extra sugar on stuff!

Sugar tax news on 15:18 - Apr 6 with 2655 viewsSpruceMoose

Sugar tax news on 15:13 - Apr 6 by BrixtonBlue

"Yet again we wil see people like you who need a certain ammount of sugar suffer."

How are people being made to suffer?!

If they need more sugar they can just put extra sugar on stuff!

And pay a massive amount of tax for it thanks to the EU and regugees!*

*Trying a new experiment where I try to put myself into Benters' shoes.

Sugar tax news on 15:22 - Apr 6 with 2648 viewsFreddies_Ears

What is the point of a high glucose energy drink that is, er, low glucose? It's not as if it tastes any good.
Sugar tax news on 15:25 - Apr 6 with 2644 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sugar tax news on 15:18 - Apr 6 by SpruceMoose

And pay a massive amount of tax for it thanks to the EU and regugees!*

*Trying a new experiment where I try to put myself into Benters' shoes.

God help you!

How much is a bag of sugar, 70p?

Sugar tax news on 15:28 - Apr 6 with 2639 viewsSpruceMoose

Sugar tax news on 15:25 - Apr 6 by BrixtonBlue

God help you!

How much is a bag of sugar, 70p?

I shall have to consult the old ration book. That East India Trading Company has been whacking up the prices of late.

Sugar tax news on 16:10 - Apr 6 with 2628 viewsitfcjoe

Sugar tax news on 15:22 - Apr 6 by Freddies_Ears

What is the point of a high glucose energy drink that is, er, low glucose? It's not as if it tastes any good.

This is a problem for diabetics who need one if their levels drop too low, I'm sure they are aware of it - wife's best friend has stocked up a few bottles of the old stuff

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sugar tax news on 16:12 - Apr 6 with 2614 viewshype313

Out of interest what is going to be the difference between a can of coke today comapred with tommorow?

Edit. A standard can of regular coke, currently costing around 70p, would be slapped with an 8p increase while the same amount of Sprite (6.6g per 100ml) would go up by 6p.

While the cost of a 1.75ml bottle of coke would increase from roughly £1.25 to £1.49
[Post edited 6 Apr 2018 16:14]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sugar tax news on 16:15 - Apr 6 with 2606 viewsimsureazzure

Sugar tax news on 12:29 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

I'd always heard, and no doubt an urban myth, that the only reason they put a gherkin in it is so that it can be classified as a main rather than dessert

Nah, they put the gherkin in so that a customer can request that it is removed and then throw the whole fekin thing on the floor when it isn't removed, for about the fourth visit on the trot..........apparently.
Sugar tax news on 16:20 - Apr 6 with 2599 viewsRyorry

Indeed they are great.

Same here, we were outside running around all day - pre digital era, and comparatively safe.

It's not just about the money - the sweetened almond milk drinks that I use to help keep my weight up (can often take a drink, when foodwise I can't cram another crumb in) are no longer stocked by any UK online or shop retailer, because of this nanny-state ruling. Have had to work hard to find a retailer in Spain that will export to me direct, but wonder how long that will last. V. expensive & heavy carbon footprint to ship too, of course.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sugar tax news on 16:20 - Apr 6 with 2596 viewsLord_Lucan

Sugar tax news on 16:10 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

This is a problem for diabetics who need one if their levels drop too low, I'm sure they are aware of it - wife's best friend has stocked up a few bottles of the old stuff

Can’t they just eat some wafer thin ham with sugar on the top?

Sugar tax news on 16:25 - Apr 6 with 2581 viewsJ2BLUE

Sugar tax news on 16:10 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

This might help

https://www.lrsuntory.com/dyn/_assets/_pdfs/health/information-for-people-with-d

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024