Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As a fan base.. 17:01 - Apr 21 with 17105 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

..we’ve taken an awful lot of stick in the last couple of weeks.

But the shppprt today at 3-0 and 4-0 was absolutely superb.

So much so that my lasting by emotion from today’s hammering will actually be pride.

That is all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

As a fan base.. on 19:34 - Apr 21 with 2894 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 17:49 - Apr 21 by homer_123

Really? Where was that support when we really needed it then?

I came away thinking how fickle the North Stand are. Had Sears been brought on for Celina under Mick or that performance happened under Mick there would have baying for blood.

Still, that's football.

Exactly right.

If MM had still been in charge they would have turned the moment we went 1-0 behind.

It was good support today but it stands out because the support has been so poor and sometimes non existent or even worse for so long.

Maybe it is a turning point but the North Stand congratulating themselves because for once they did what they are there for is a bit strange.
As a fan base.. on 19:34 - Apr 21 with 2894 viewsLuk38644

As a fan base.. on 17:35 - Apr 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Stick me on ignore then ffs. Following me around to say ‘I’m fishing for uppies’.

If you don’t believe me, why don’t I link tweets from Texters or Luke or get Brogs to message you. All three have praised the atmosphere like I did.

Twas impressive today, a real sign of solidarity and togetherness, the first signs of that for quite a while.
As a fan base.. on 19:43 - Apr 21 with 2869 viewsHennikerBlu

As a fan base.. on 17:08 - Apr 21 by groovyASH

Exactly, and on those odd occasions we surface in the football world and get some attention look what happens

Up to a point I agree with you, however Mourinho and Wenger have all taken pelters and rarely comment about the fans. Now according to MM, he had a meeting with ME and the agreed not to renew his contract. So if you accept his honesty then you have to accept his decision has little to do with the fans or do you have other information?

MM has form at previous clubs for ending things badly and dividing a nation. By the way I have never sworn or chanted at MM and wished things had not turned out as they have. But I go in the NS and today it felt like a lot of tension between fans had been lifted.
As a fan base.. on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 2853 viewsHennikerBlu

As a fan base.. on 19:34 - Apr 21 by PJH

Exactly right.

If MM had still been in charge they would have turned the moment we went 1-0 behind.

It was good support today but it stands out because the support has been so poor and sometimes non existent or even worse for so long.

Maybe it is a turning point but the North Stand congratulating themselves because for once they did what they are there for is a bit strange.

"North Stand congratulating themselves because for once they did what they are there for is a bit strange."

In fairness, the NS are not the only ones responsible for contributing or there to provide the atmosphere.

It was a bit strange that there was no chanting in support for MM when matters came to a head.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:54]
As a fan base.. on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 2815 viewstrueblue1970

As a fan base.. on 17:49 - Apr 21 by homer_123

Really? Where was that support when we really needed it then?

I came away thinking how fickle the North Stand are. Had Sears been brought on for Celina under Mick or that performance happened under Mick there would have baying for blood.

Still, that's football.

Really, I left disappointed with the result but proud of the north stand I think it was the chance we have had to show we do care

Yes your right it would have been different if MM was still in charge but is shows no person is bigger than the club

COYB
As a fan base.. on 20:32 - Apr 21 with 2810 viewswkj

As a fan base.. on 20:31 - Apr 21 by trueblue1970

Really, I left disappointed with the result but proud of the north stand I think it was the chance we have had to show we do care

Yes your right it would have been different if MM was still in charge but is shows no person is bigger than the club

COYB

Evans was at the game today, and I am glad we showed him we're ready to invest in the team if he is... hopefully that is how he interpreted it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

As a fan base.. on 20:34 - Apr 21 with 2803 viewstrueblue1970

As a fan base.. on 19:34 - Apr 21 by Luk38644

Twas impressive today, a real sign of solidarity and togetherness, the first signs of that for quite a while.

Agree Luke, it was a show of we can support the club

MM has gone move on
As a fan base.. on 20:39 - Apr 21 with 2782 viewsLuk38644

As a fan base.. on 20:31 - Apr 21 by trueblue1970

COYB

Agree, and the problem is that, if we turned up today, only 13k, no noise, same apathetic atmosphere, all the Mick inners would be saying 'Oh I thought you were all going to flood back and support the team once Mick had gone'.

We turn up, 7k extra fans, great noise despite losing 4-0 and a show of togetherness, yet some people aren't willing to commend and simply want to look back at the toxic atmosphere that Mick/the numbskulls created.

Mick's gone, time to move on and build the bridges between club/fans. Today was a good start.
Login to get fewer ads

As a fan base.. on 02:54 - Apr 22 with 2695 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

As a fan base.. on 20:39 - Apr 21 by Luk38644

Agree, and the problem is that, if we turned up today, only 13k, no noise, same apathetic atmosphere, all the Mick inners would be saying 'Oh I thought you were all going to flood back and support the team once Mick had gone'.

We turn up, 7k extra fans, great noise despite losing 4-0 and a show of togetherness, yet some people aren't willing to commend and simply want to look back at the toxic atmosphere that Mick/the numbskulls created.

Mick's gone, time to move on and build the bridges between club/fans. Today was a good start.

I thought the show of togetherness today was the fans trying to reconnect to some extent

I certainly think it was a good thing

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

As a fan base.. on 03:45 - Apr 22 with 2676 viewsBenters2

As a fan base.. on 02:54 - Apr 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought the show of togetherness today was the fans trying to reconnect to some extent

I certainly think it was a good thing

Or maybe they are releaved Mick Mac has gone?

A fresh start next season a bit of hope now isn’t there.
As a fan base.. on 03:53 - Apr 22 with 2670 viewsharlingblue

As a fan base, we have taken some flack in recent days, some of this deserved because of the abuse aimed by a few at our former Manager.
However MM had 'his' team, never 'our team', divided the fans.
Today, we had a far better atmosphere, in the stands and on the pitch.
Until Ward got sent off, we were always in the game.
We then got played off the park, as Villa exploited their one man advantage, but the fans still supported the team.
Something for ME to ponder, and something for MM to think about, at his next club?
As a fan base.. on 03:57 - Apr 22 with 2668 viewsBenters2

As a fan base.. on 03:53 - Apr 22 by harlingblue

As a fan base, we have taken some flack in recent days, some of this deserved because of the abuse aimed by a few at our former Manager.
However MM had 'his' team, never 'our team', divided the fans.
Today, we had a far better atmosphere, in the stands and on the pitch.
Until Ward got sent off, we were always in the game.
We then got played off the park, as Villa exploited their one man advantage, but the fans still supported the team.
Something for ME to ponder, and something for MM to think about, at his next club?

Good to see a gate of over 20k again
As a fan base.. on 05:02 - Apr 22 with 2650 viewsRyorry

Exactly right.

Sorry PJH, but am sick to death of being told by some of you that the poor atmos is all, apparently, the (paying) supporters' fault. Yes, it's their "job" to support - but this is usually considered to be a 2-way, not a one-way -street by most fans at most clubs. It's down to the manager to set things up to score a few goals to win matches & create a bit of excitement on the way for supporters to get excited & cheer about, which is partly why I imagine Klug & players got some atmos going yesterday.

Do you think it likely that any manager would have/should have got that kind of support for - what was it - 12 goals in the whole of 2018 (18 games in total) and 18 against* in that time at any other club? Not to mention even the number of shots at goal, whether on or off target, towards the end of Mick's reign? What was that? From sitting in the chatroom during most 2018 games before Mick's departure, seemed to be about one effort on goal every 30 minutes, if that!!

*before Klug took charge
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 5:03]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As a fan base.. on 05:42 - Apr 22 with 2632 viewsBenters2

As a fan base.. on 19:51 - Apr 21 by HennikerBlu

"North Stand congratulating themselves because for once they did what they are there for is a bit strange."

In fairness, the NS are not the only ones responsible for contributing or there to provide the atmosphere.

It was a bit strange that there was no chanting in support for MM when matters came to a head.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:54]

Now im glad you pointed that out,as i said similar after the Brentford game,when TN went into overdrive,why didnt the HCs kick in with a rendition of 'Super Mick'?
As a fan base.. on 05:44 - Apr 22 with 2630 viewsBenters2

Exactly right.

One Golden Arrow awarded.
As a fan base.. on 05:53 - Apr 22 with 2624 viewsBenters2

As a fan base.. on 05:02 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Sorry PJH, but am sick to death of being told by some of you that the poor atmos is all, apparently, the (paying) supporters' fault. Yes, it's their "job" to support - but this is usually considered to be a 2-way, not a one-way -street by most fans at most clubs. It's down to the manager to set things up to score a few goals to win matches & create a bit of excitement on the way for supporters to get excited & cheer about, which is partly why I imagine Klug & players got some atmos going yesterday.

Do you think it likely that any manager would have/should have got that kind of support for - what was it - 12 goals in the whole of 2018 (18 games in total) and 18 against* in that time at any other club? Not to mention even the number of shots at goal, whether on or off target, towards the end of Mick's reign? What was that? From sitting in the chatroom during most 2018 games before Mick's departure, seemed to be about one effort on goal every 30 minutes, if that!!

*before Klug took charge

Interesting,tricky one isnt it.
As a fan base.. on 08:08 - Apr 22 with 2563 viewsBenters2

As a fan base.. on 18:07 - Apr 21 by footers

Yeah, your constant sniping at someone who's done nothing to you. If you'd like to explain your odd fixation with following him around the board, I'm sure we'd all like to hear it. Not that you can string two sentences together but worth a shot.

'Following him around' Its a public forum,i am allowed to air my views.

I am able to converse to other forum members without the need to swear.

Thank you for your time.

Enjoy this glorious weather while it lasts,im going to go work in my garden.
It's a shame that at times..... on 08:18 - Apr 22 with 2558 viewstextbackup

It's a shame that at times..... on 18:05 - Apr 21 by Bloots

....this season, when we've really needed it, they didn't bother.

The anti Mick chants at Carrow Road were a particular low.

whilst I do completely agree with that, perspective to be had please, I heard "mm your football is sht" sung by roughly 100/150 people for 2 maybe 3 verses

(again, even one verse is wrong, but it wasn't all game, or even any more than the above says)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

As a fan base.. on 08:26 - Apr 22 with 2538 viewstextbackup

As a fan base.. on 19:30 - Apr 21 by Simonds92

Definitely agree with this. Also regarding the OP stating we have taken a lot of stick. We haven't really have we? Jim White spent 10mins talking about us and nobody else cares about us. We're pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things on a national scale.

the main people being hard on town fans, has been town fans.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

As a fan base.. on 08:28 - Apr 22 with 2533 viewsHerbivore

*before Klug took charge

The line up yesterday contained one striker and two defensive midfielders. It was a very Mick line up, we played largely in a similar way to how we played under Mick too. We didn't create much, although the sending off didn't help. So your perspective on why the fans sang yesterday is way off, it was nothing to do with the tactics, line up or football on show. I think it was more about trying to show some solidarity and that we still care about the club even if it's been a sh!t show lately (including yesterday).
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 8:29]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As a fan base.. on 08:34 - Apr 22 with 2527 viewsPJH

*before Klug took charge

Morning Ryorry.

When I feel very strongly about something I am very reluctant to let it go.
There are a number of words that I can use to describe the ITFC support in recent times so I will list a few of them:-

Disgraceful,disgusting,embarrassing,non existent,poor,good and very good.
The good has not applied very often and the very good has hardly ever been heard/seen although it was yesterday.

I fully understand that a number took the hump with MM and his style of football and I fully agree that his comments (although I almost always agreed with them) made it worse. Maybe if he had not reacted as he did it would not have reached the stage that it did although, as I say, I fully agree with his reaction-I like to think that I might have done the same.

So there was a situation where the noisier element of our support(plus some quieter ones) did not like MM and MM did not like them.

It seems to me that the idea of supporting a football club (EXCEPT WHEN KEANE IS THE MANAGER)involves supporting the players that play for that club.
The atmosphere created at a lot of home games and some away games, whatever the perceived cause,could in no way help the players that are trying to represent the club that "you" are supposedly "supporting".

Not sure how much Klug had to do with an improved atmosphere yesterday, it was more because MM was not here, the team selected would have been much the same if MM had still been here-we might well have still lost if MM had still been here but not sure that we would have caved in.

If whoever the new Manager is turns out not to be to the liking of the noisier element what happens then?. I suppose it depends on how he reacts or does not react to whatever noises come from the North Stand.

I will almost certainly renew my ST because I don't think Keane will be coming back but it is only the behaviour of some of our "support" that has made me think twice.

Have a nice day.
As a fan base.. on 08:58 - Apr 22 with 2499 viewsPinewoodblue

If in a weeks time the second automatic place is resolved and M'iddlesbrough are still on the cusp of a play off place then Town fans could get a chance to show the nation on Sky that we are still behind the club.

Bury the ghost of Lincoln once and for all.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

As a fan base.. on 09:00 - Apr 22 with 2486 viewsHerbivore

As a fan base.. on 08:58 - Apr 22 by Pinewoodblue

If in a weeks time the second automatic place is resolved and M'iddlesbrough are still on the cusp of a play off place then Town fans could get a chance to show the nation on Sky that we are still behind the club.

Bury the ghost of Lincoln once and for all.

I doubt anyone who isn't a Town or Lincoln fan even remembers that game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As a fan base.. on 09:03 - Apr 22 with 2479 viewsPJH

As a fan base.. on 09:00 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

I doubt anyone who isn't a Town or Lincoln fan even remembers that game.

I doubt if anyone who isn't a Town or Lincoln fan even watched it.

I suppose some in Norfolk might have done just in case we lost.
As a fan base.. on 09:06 - Apr 22 with 2474 viewstractorboy1978

As a fan base.. on 08:34 - Apr 22 by PJH

Morning Ryorry.

When I feel very strongly about something I am very reluctant to let it go.
There are a number of words that I can use to describe the ITFC support in recent times so I will list a few of them:-

Disgraceful,disgusting,embarrassing,non existent,poor,good and very good.
The good has not applied very often and the very good has hardly ever been heard/seen although it was yesterday.

I fully understand that a number took the hump with MM and his style of football and I fully agree that his comments (although I almost always agreed with them) made it worse. Maybe if he had not reacted as he did it would not have reached the stage that it did although, as I say, I fully agree with his reaction-I like to think that I might have done the same.

So there was a situation where the noisier element of our support(plus some quieter ones) did not like MM and MM did not like them.

It seems to me that the idea of supporting a football club (EXCEPT WHEN KEANE IS THE MANAGER)involves supporting the players that play for that club.
The atmosphere created at a lot of home games and some away games, whatever the perceived cause,could in no way help the players that are trying to represent the club that "you" are supposedly "supporting".

Not sure how much Klug had to do with an improved atmosphere yesterday, it was more because MM was not here, the team selected would have been much the same if MM had still been here-we might well have still lost if MM had still been here but not sure that we would have caved in.

If whoever the new Manager is turns out not to be to the liking of the noisier element what happens then?. I suppose it depends on how he reacts or does not react to whatever noises come from the North Stand.

I will almost certainly renew my ST because I don't think Keane will be coming back but it is only the behaviour of some of our "support" that has made me think twice.

Have a nice day.

He's gone. The atmosphere yesterday was better. Draw a line. Look forwards not backwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024