Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For you international business types... 19:48 - Apr 23 with 5789 viewsunstableblue

Emirates start flying daily Stansted to Dubai hub from June. With Emirates’ new Boeing 777-300ER business class.

Big change for Stansted... wonder how it’ll do?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

For you international business types... on 19:50 - Apr 23 with 5132 viewsSpruceMoose

Think they've started running a few US bound flights again recently too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

For you international business types... on 20:33 - Apr 23 with 5069 viewstextbackup

and some Norwegian company is doing NYC flights from STN

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For you international business types... on 20:42 - Apr 23 with 5053 viewsLord_Lucan

For you international business types... on 20:33 - Apr 23 by textbackup

and some Norwegian company is doing NYC flights from STN

Norweigan Air Shuttle?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

For you international business types... on 20:44 - Apr 23 with 5046 viewstextbackup

For you international business types... on 20:42 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

Norweigan Air Shuttle?

Johnny Parr AIrways

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For you international business types... on 23:31 - Apr 23 with 4972 viewsTractorWood

Good for connections. Does mean using Stansted though which is always thoroughly unpleasant.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

For you international business types... on 23:37 - Apr 23 with 4964 viewsElderGrizzly

For you international business types... on 19:50 - Apr 23 by SpruceMoose

Think they've started running a few US bound flights again recently too.

Primera Air. £59.99 for a meal on board
For you international business types... on 23:49 - Apr 23 with 4957 viewsEly_Blue

I’m not too sure there is a big enough audience from Stansted for these types of places with standard scheduled airlines, others have tried and failed, American Airlines used to fly to the US from Stansted, Air Asia used to fly to the Far East, I think it’s also down to not being a connection hub that people don’t think of flying non budget or non package holiday from there (that combined with the experience being nothing like that of Gatwick or Heathrow)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

For you international business types... on 23:51 - Apr 23 with 4951 viewsBasingstokeBlue

For you international business types... on 23:31 - Apr 23 by TractorWood

Good for connections. Does mean using Stansted though which is always thoroughly unpleasant.

I’m assuming you haven’t flown from Southampton...

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

For you international business types... on 07:27 - Apr 24 with 4839 viewsTractorWood

For you international business types... on 23:49 - Apr 23 by Ely_Blue

I’m not too sure there is a big enough audience from Stansted for these types of places with standard scheduled airlines, others have tried and failed, American Airlines used to fly to the US from Stansted, Air Asia used to fly to the Far East, I think it’s also down to not being a connection hub that people don’t think of flying non budget or non package holiday from there (that combined with the experience being nothing like that of Gatwick or Heathrow)

I refuse to fly from Stansted or Luton. I'd honestly rather travel another hour plus to Gatwick or Heathrow to avoid them.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

For you international business types... on 08:40 - Apr 24 with 4785 viewsitfcjoe

For you international business types... on 07:27 - Apr 24 by TractorWood

I refuse to fly from Stansted or Luton. I'd honestly rather travel another hour plus to Gatwick or Heathrow to avoid them.

Stansted has got terrible recently, just so busy to get through security.

I've had to book at Luton for holiday in summer, it was that or go RyanAir or have flights at ridiculous times so hopefully it's not that bad.

I've flown from there twice both years ago and didn't have any issues.

Although, and this is totally unrelated, a few mates got back from a lads weekend away and were absolutely shattered - minibus wasn't there at Luton. Phoned driver and he had gone to Gatwick so they had to wait for him to come up to Luton. Got in the bus all thoroughly p155ed off, got about half an hour down the road and the drivers meter kicked in that he had been driving for too long so they had to pull over for a couple of hours!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For you international business types... on 08:45 - Apr 24 with 4779 viewsSteve_M

For you international business types... on 08:40 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

I've had to book at Luton for holiday in summer, it was that or go RyanAir or have flights at ridiculous times so hopefully it's not that bad.

Although, and this is totally unrelated, a few mates got back from a lads weekend away and were absolutely shattered - minibus wasn't there at Luton. Phoned driver and he had gone to Gatwick so they had to wait for him to come up to Luton. Got in the bus all thoroughly p155ed off, got about half an hour down the road and the drivers meter kicked in that he had been driving for too long so they had to pull over for a couple of hours!

Luton was alright a couple of years back, although that was early on a Sunday morning. Not a great deal of space once inside the terminal but definitely better than Stansted.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

For you international business types... on 08:56 - Apr 24 with 4767 viewsLord_Lucan

For you international business types... on 08:40 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

You can pay a fiver (I think that's the fee) and just sail through security, I did it in February and it was a breeze.

Not sure why Stansted is getting a pelting really, it's easy to get to and has fairly decent facilities.

There is feck all at Luton - unless they have rebuilt the place over the past two or three years.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

For you international business types... on 09:08 - Apr 24 with 4752 viewsitfcjoe

For you international business types... on 08:56 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

You can pay a fiver (I think that's the fee) and just sail through security, I did it in February and it was a breeze.

Not sure why Stansted is getting a pelting really, it's easy to get to and has fairly decent facilities.

There is feck all at Luton - unless they have rebuilt the place over the past two or three years.

My flight out of Luton is 7.10am so not too worried about facilities

I hadn't been to Stansted for ages and went there recently and it took best part of an hour to clear security, it's just too busy for what it is and doesn't cope with the demand.

For you international business types... on 09:09 - Apr 24 with 4750 viewshype313

Southend is what Stansted used to be.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

For you international business types... on 09:15 - Apr 24 with 4742 viewsLord_Lucan

For you international business types... on 09:08 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

My flight out of Luton is 7.10am so not too worried about facilities

I hadn't been to Stansted for ages and went there recently and it took best part of an hour to clear security, it's just too busy for what it is and doesn't cope with the demand.

Just pay for the fast track.

For me, everything about Luton is a nightmare. For a start you have to drive and while that sounds ok when you are booking you soon realise that it was a mistake when you want to have a few beers on the return journey.

That's a Lucan top tip.

For you international business types... on 09:18 - Apr 24 with 4740 viewsSteve_M

For you international business types... on 08:56 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

Stansted doesn't have the terminal capacity to cope with the volume of passengers now, it's a particular problem with an early flight or late arrival.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

For you international business types... on 09:28 - Apr 24 with 4730 viewsLord_Lucan

For you international business types... on 09:18 - Apr 24 by Steve_M

Stansted doesn't have the terminal capacity to cope with the volume of passengers now, it's a particular problem with an early flight or late arrival.

Last time I flew out was February and it was fine - however the riff raff queue was admittedly rather long. Whetherspoons was also a no go zone but I found a quite champagne type bar in the centre of the forecourt that were selling lager at a reasonable price.

Maybe you had a bad experience. Seriously though, just bung them a fiver for the security hop.

For you international business types... on 09:36 - Apr 24 with 4707 viewsNo9

Is there one UK airport which isn't unpleasant and a complete disgrace to air travel?
For you international business types... on 09:41 - Apr 24 with 4696 viewsKieran_Knows

For you international business types... on 09:15 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

For me, everything about Luton is a nightmare. For a start you have to drive and while that sounds ok when you are booking you soon realise that it was a mistake when you want to have a few beers on the return journey.

That's a Lucan top tip.

Exactly this for Luton. Went to Vienna last month flying from Luton, and whilst booking it I thought driving would be fine, but that was a mistake!

Agree about your earlier comment with regards to Stansted as well, have flown from there several times in the last few years and have never had any issues really. Security can be a bit of a pain, but not enough for me not to want to fly from there again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

For you international business types... on 11:55 - Apr 24 with 4630 viewsitfcjoe

For you international business types... on 09:15 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

That's a Lucan top tip.

Forgoing a couple of beers on the return flight is preferable to trying to use public transport from anywhere with a 1 year old, travel cot and luggage...!

For you international business types... on 12:08 - Apr 24 with 4610 viewsStokieBlue

Bad airport to bad airport.

The best airport near London is London City. In and out in no time with a fabulous view when landing. Obviously only good for European flights or the flight to NYC which stops in Ireland.

"The daily route will be operated by the airline’s new three-class Boeing 777-300ER offering customers 6 seats in First Class, 42 in Business Class and 306 in Economy Class."

I think that could work quite well, plenty of economy seats as well for people who are in East Anglian and Cambridgeshire and don't want to come all the way to Heathrow or Gatwick.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

For you international business types... on 12:53 - Apr 24 with 4561 viewsnrb1985

For you international business types... on 09:36 - Apr 24 by No9

Is there one UK airport which isn't unpleasant and a complete disgrace to air travel?

Heathrow T2 & T5 are very pleansant places to be. LCY not too bad either.
For you international business types... on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 4472 viewsLord_Lucan

For you international business types... on 11:55 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Forgoing a couple of beers on the return flight is preferable to trying to use public transport from anywhere with a 1 year old, travel cot and luggage...!

When you are driving home from Luton Joe you will still be wishing you were driving home from Stansted.

For you international business types... on 15:32 - Apr 24 with 4468 viewsSpruceMoose

For you international business types... on 09:36 - Apr 24 by No9

Some would tell you Norwich Intergalactic Airport. But that's only of use if you want to holiday on an oil rig off the coast of Aberdeen.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

For you international business types... on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 4448 viewsMeadowlark

For you international business types... on 15:32 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Some would tell you Norwich Intergalactic Airport. But that's only of use if you want to holiday on an oil rig off the coast of Aberdeen.

Maybe not for holidays, but 25 minutes to Amsterdam and from there you can fly anywhere of course. The £10.00 "passenger tax" is a real pain but I've been using Norwich Airport regularly for the best part of 40 years and it's great if you live in North Suffolk or Norfolk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024