Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waggy going this week 16:41 - Jul 29 with 9972 viewsThe_Snake

Already had offers of +£20k wages, effectively doubling his current salary. More a question of which club rather than when.

If we can secure another Harrison-type signing on the back of it I’d be more than happy given yesterday’s performance. And of course, there would be scope for other significant investment.

Waggy’s a great player, if we were going set up to play 4 4 2 I’d be more devastated to lose him.

Sooner the deal’s done the better for all concerned.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 16:49]
So, Waggy going this week on 17:45 - Jul 29 with 2605 viewsSpruceMoose

So, Waggy going this week on 17:33 - Jul 29 by pickles110564

Another great post m8.

All my posts are great. You're just evolving to appreciate them!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Waggy going this week on 18:20 - Jul 29 with 2518 viewsArcher4721

Yes Waghorn will be leaving this week.But only if we get a replacement in first.

If we don't get replacements in then he stays.
Waggy going this week on 18:24 - Jul 29 with 2501 viewsPositivelyPortman

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So, Waggy going this week on 18:24 - Jul 29 with 2502 viewsGuthrum

So, Waggy going this week on 17:26 - Jul 29 by homer_123

If you look at the wider stats, not just goals, last year is an outlier,especially at this level. It doesn't mean he can't do it again, of course. He's not that old but big contracts become scarcer the older you get. He may well feel he needs to cash in on his good form, and I'd would not begrudge him.

I think he does fit a Hurst system, would be odd if he didn't. I still think that although we don't need to sell, this is about a Hurst realising we are 2 or 4 players short and without further income Evans won't fund that many more purchases. It's the one element that hasn't changed since Mick, the way the club is financed.

Agree on the final para and FWIW I'd be quite happy if he stayed!

On a slightly different point: I've not yet seen Harrison play, but from all I've heard, his signing makes me feel a lot happier about the prospect of Waghorn leaving.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Waggy going this week on 18:30 - Jul 29 with 2477 viewsagentp

So, Waggy going this week on 16:47 - Jul 29 by fabian_illness

PS, don’t you just hate it when people start a sentence with ‘So....’

So doesn't bother me.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Waggy going this week on 18:31 - Jul 29 with 2480 viewsmuccletonjoe

Weather it's definite info or not , I don't know, but I do think you're right. I think he will be gone in the next week.
Waggy going this week on 19:02 - Jul 29 with 2425 viewsWickets

Waggy going this week on 18:31 - Jul 29 by muccletonjoe

Weather it's definite info or not , I don't know, but I do think you're right. I think he will be gone in the next week.

Yes i agree , i also think he has as good as gone.I also think that Hurst wants to sell so as to finance a bit more of his rebuild and there is time to do so even if it means loans with a view or agreement to buy at Xmas.
Waggy going this week on 19:11 - Jul 29 with 2405 viewsBlueBadger

Waggy going this week on 17:11 - Jul 29 by Westover

He has had offers of + 20k a week in wages from other teams? Such as who? No permission or fee agreed they will be in big trouble won't they;-)

More to the point, do ALL football clubs have a Definite Info officer who gives out classified information to internet randoms when they ask then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Waggy going this week on 19:39 - Jul 29 with 2329 viewsTMWWNGAS

Personally don't want waggy to go but, people keep saying about his set pieces, contributions etc.. obviously good points but.. what if... PH brings in a couple of player who between them assist and score as many as waggy combined. For comparative you could combine say skuse and waggy! Rather than looking at the one individual look at the collective of the team. Again not say in he will be massively missed!
So, Waggy going this week on 19:45 - Jul 29 with 2302 viewsFreddies_Ears

So, Waggy going this week on 18:24 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

On a slightly different point: I've not yet seen Harrison play, but from all I've heard, his signing makes me feel a lot happier about the prospect of Waghorn leaving.

I have seen Harrison at MK and v Wet Spam. And I am also far more relaxed now about Waggy going.. I would still prefer him to stay, but, with the addition of 1 x striker and 2 x CB, we could still be a bit of a surprise package. I

In two games, with little familiarisation, Harrison has scored 2, but a post and missed an easyish header. He lacks blistering pace, but his positioning is smart enough to give him a 5-yard start much of the time.
Waggy going this week on 20:32 - Jul 29 with 2241 viewsPhilTWTD

Essentially in line with what I've heard, I'm sure a player will be well aware of what he's likely to be offered contract-wise in these circumstances. Once a club reaches our valuation in terms of up front fee he'll go.
Waggy going this week on 20:34 - Jul 29 with 2213 viewsITFCBlues

Waggy going this week on 20:32 - Jul 29 by PhilTWTD

Essentially in line with what I've heard, I'm sure a player will be well aware of what he's likely to be offered contract-wise in these circumstances. Once a club reaches our valuation in terms of up front fee he'll go.

So a deal is agreed - we need to find a replacement before he’s confirmed?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

So, Waggy going this week on 20:48 - Jul 29 with 2183 viewshomer_123

So, Waggy going this week on 18:24 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

I hope so Guthers, not managed to get to any pre seasons.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Waggy going this week on 21:05 - Jul 29 with 2135 viewsThe_Snake

Waggy going this week on 19:11 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

More to the point, do ALL football clubs have a Definite Info officer who gives out classified information to internet randoms when they ask then?

I’d imagine so.
Waggy going this week on 21:12 - Jul 29 with 2114 viewsReuser_is_God

Waggy going this week on 20:32 - Jul 29 by PhilTWTD

& if they don’t reach the valuation?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waggy going this week on 21:13 - Jul 29 with 2115 viewsjeera

Waggy going this week on 19:11 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

It's a bizarre thing the def info though.

I remember picking up a secretary who worked with Magilton [one of? I've no idea how many office staff there may have been who dealt with him closely] but she was reasonably cagey, to the point of loyalty really, which I found both frustrating and impressive all at once.

But another time a more prominent staff member was knowingly on speaker in a car I was in and was happy to spill on bloody everything he could.

Then there was a neighbour who had a kid in the academy who seemed to have a real insight to all things regarding the club. I have no idea how, or why an academy kid's dad would have any inside understanding.

I guess people talk. They just do.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Waggy going this week on 21:20 - Jul 29 with 2085 viewsPhilTWTD

Waggy going this week on 20:34 - Jul 29 by ITFCBlues

So a deal is agreed - we need to find a replacement before he’s confirmed?

PH said yesterday they were working on deals, hinting that they might be after another striker even if Waghorn doesn't go.
Waggy going this week on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 2062 viewsjeera

Waggy going this week on 21:20 - Jul 29 by PhilTWTD

PH said yesterday they were working on deals, hinting that they might be after another striker even if Waghorn doesn't go.

What do you make of what I was just saying above Phil?

Or would a response be inappropriate in some way?

Waggy going this week on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 2060 viewsPhilTWTD

Waggy going this week on 21:12 - Jul 29 by Reuser_is_God

& if they don’t reach the valuation?

I'm assuming a deal will be agreed eventually.
Waggy going this week on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 2066 viewsitfcjoe

Waggy going this week on 21:13 - Jul 29 by jeera

It's a bizarre thing the def info though.

I remember picking up a secretary who worked with Magilton [one of? I've no idea how many office staff there may have been who dealt with him closely] but she was reasonably cagey, to the point of loyalty really, which I found both frustrating and impressive all at once.

But another time a more prominent staff member was knowingly on speaker in a car I was in and was happy to spill on bloody everything he could.

Then there was a neighbour who had a kid in the academy who seemed to have a real insight to all things regarding the club. I have no idea how, or why an academy kid's dad would have any inside understanding.

I guess people talk. They just do.

I don't know why people think it is beyond the realms of possibility that people speak about this - they are football club employees not Secret Service agents

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, Waggy going this week on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 2048 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

So, Waggy going this week on 17:11 - Jul 29 by Mullet

Rangers do indeed get a windfall as Phil reported. Even so he raises more cash than Knudsen and Garner combined.

I suspect if Hurst could get rid of Adeyemi/Huws/Bishop and free up wages that way he would, looking at how he operates. The one thing that baffles me is this myth that Waghorn simply doesn’t “fit” Hurst’s system given what we saw he could do last season, what he did at Rangers and Leicester both out wide and up top respecively.

When you look at all of that, it’s clear that’s a lie and I think a fan fiction rather than from Hurst directly, to justify what is essentially the only way a new manager can get funds under Evans to remodel.

FWIW it’s pretty clear with Blunts bidding, Derby too and Boro circling we’ll see Waghorn want to leave if a move doesn’t materialise because you sense neither PH or Evans will want to raise his wages so much and make that commitment for someone who is heading for 30 by the time his current deal is up.

It’s the one thing I don’t agree with also, (Waghorn fitting into PH’s system) I do wonder if Hurst said to Waghorn in pre season about playing in a different role and Waggy didn’t agree. Maybe he’s then told his agent to put word out he’s prepared to leave, seems strange as he’s previously said his family have moved here and are happy and his wife is involved in local projects.
Best to get rid asap, and make sure we have replacements in the beforehand, as we don’t want a repeat of Murphy left.
Waggy going this week on 21:27 - Jul 29 with 2044 viewsjeera

Waggy going this week on 21:22 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

I don't know why people think it is beyond the realms of possibility that people speak about this - they are football club employees not Secret Service agents

Well I understand that. This is what I'm saying.

But it's also not unreasonable to expect a level of professionalism either from certain members of staff in any organisation.

Edit: Lass I picked up called Jim her boss, so she obviously answered directly to him and wouldn't discuss him in any way. I thought that was really good.

It's clear not everyone has the same level of professionalism which is pretty disappointing from an employers point of view.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:31]

Waggy going this week on 21:33 - Jul 29 with 2022 viewsThe_Snake

Waggy going this week on 21:22 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

And it’s hardly a revelation, just confirming what most of us fear.
Waggy going this week on 21:43 - Jul 29 with 1980 viewsjeera

Waggy going this week on 21:33 - Jul 29 by The_Snake

And it’s hardly a revelation, just confirming what most of us fear.

I do think if a junior at Joe's accountant's was to speak to people publicly about Joe's business affairs he'd be a bit pissed off, no?

Waggy going this week on 21:45 - Jul 29 with 1970 viewsitfcjoe

Waggy going this week on 21:27 - Jul 29 by jeera

Well I understand that. This is what I'm saying.

But it's also not unreasonable to expect a level of professionalism either from certain members of staff in any organisation.

Edit: Lass I picked up called Jim her boss, so she obviously answered directly to him and wouldn't discuss him in any way. I thought that was really good.

It's clear not everyone has the same level of professionalism which is pretty disappointing from an employers point of view.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:31]

I was agreeing with your point.

People gossip, especially about something as high profile and which garnered as much interest as football does

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024