Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home 12:08 - Aug 7 with 64909 viewsArcher4721

Vandals have attacked the family home of prominent Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It happened overnight on 1 August at the politician's mansion at West Harptree, Somerset, when the Rees-Mogg family were on holiday in the US.

Police said graffiti was sprayed "on a building and on a car" and damage was caused to a garden.

According to a report in the Mail Online, the words "posh scum" were written on windows of the house.

Mr Rees-Mogg's office confirmed the attack took place but declined to comment further.

The MP's 17th Century country home, called Gournay Court, is a listed building. He also owns a £5.6m house in Westminster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45082053
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:16 - Aug 7 with 3232 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 17:56 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

I don't want to start another spat with Glassers, but in this very thread he hasn't seen fit to make much of the bookshop attack (enough said already apparently) but is much more vociferous about the JRM graffiti thing.

Which is fine, no biggie, just saying it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

I believe I said hat they were thick, drunk and w@nkers. Not all in the same sentence. What did I say about the JRM attack?

Edit. I didn’t actually pass comment in the JRM “graffiti thing” other than to say if it happened to you then I’m sure you’d simply shrug your shoulders. Where was I vociferous about the JRM graffiti thing?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 18:19]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:51 - Aug 7 with 3195 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:16 - Aug 7 by GlasgowBlue

I believe I said hat they were thick, drunk and w@nkers. Not all in the same sentence. What did I say about the JRM attack?

Edit. I didn’t actually pass comment in the JRM “graffiti thing” other than to say if it happened to you then I’m sure you’d simply shrug your shoulders. Where was I vociferous about the JRM graffiti thing?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 18:19]

That's the impression I got because you took umbrage to me taking umbrage with the word "horrific".

So I took it that you thought it was horrific.

Which, again, I think is a bit OTT for a bit of graffiti and a damaged garden.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:57 - Aug 7 with 3188 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:51 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

That's the impression I got because you took umbrage to me taking umbrage with the word "horrific".

So I took it that you thought it was horrific.

Which, again, I think is a bit OTT for a bit of graffiti and a damaged garden.

So actually I was far more vociferous in my condemnation of the w@nkers who went to the bookshop than I was of those who vandalised JRM's property, of which I didn't actually pass any comment.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:01 - Aug 7 with 3169 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 18:57 - Aug 7 by GlasgowBlue

So actually I was far more vociferous in my condemnation of the w@nkers who went to the bookshop than I was of those who vandalised JRM's property, of which I didn't actually pass any comment.

You seem to have ignored what I just said.

You seemed to be saying the attack on JRM was "horrific" whereas the bookshop was just drunken w@nkers.

Disagreeing with someone else's comment is still passing comment.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 3146 viewsNewcyBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 17:17 - Aug 7 by GlasgowBlue

My Mrs didn't take your advice and book so although we had a lovely row up the river we ended up having lunch at the Marlborough as the Boathouse was fully booked.

She rowed and I navigated

In the observance of good seamanship you should be on the starboard side of the channel there Glassers.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:40 - Aug 7 with 3122 viewsBangor31

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:27 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

Would you argue for the abolition of environmental protections?

Would you support zero hour contracts?

Would you be opposed to same sex marriage and feel that you were 'not proud' of it being legal?

Do you believe the the rise in people using foodbanks is down to the fact that people now know they are there (after Labour deliberately didn't tell people about them), rather than more people currently need them due to Government policies?

Would you be against abortion in all circumstances, including rape?

Just a selection of his views.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 13:29]

sorry for being so late to the party, seems like this got pretty heated in the mid part

either way i'd say there are two main areas where people will become irate when talking about JRM in this topic
1) definition of discusting
2) poor choice of words, or exaggerating a point to further concrete a moral point. i like to call this exaggerating for the sake of exaggerating

so on the first point I think to call his views disgusting you would then have to call opposite views disgusting too as they are not in my bracket of objectively disgusting e.g. murder, rape, paedophilia etc.

lets for example take the gay marriage point - you say that him being not for gay marriage because his religions position, marriage is a to be between a man and a woman, is disgusting. You then by definition have to agree that to say gay marriage must be allowed is also disgusting.
the reasoning for this is that both are of a moral view, in which both actively discriminate against one another, so either both are fair views or both are unfair views. so one cannot be fair whilst the other is unfair one can only align with you more than the other.

you would have to use the same logic to the abortion topic too.

on the point of exaggerating, I have seen several people say his is for rape / not against rape. as we all know this is trying to shed a negative light on someone who has never ever said or inferred to be of this opinion.

if for one aligne with a good quantity of his views but totally disagree with his abortion stance and I also feel he is slightly too free market when it comes to the environment. happy for people to disagree and challenge me.
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:58 - Aug 7 with 3096 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:40 - Aug 7 by Bangor31

sorry for being so late to the party, seems like this got pretty heated in the mid part

either way i'd say there are two main areas where people will become irate when talking about JRM in this topic
2) poor choice of words, or exaggerating a point to further concrete a moral point. i like to call this exaggerating for the sake of exaggerating

so on the first point I think to call his views disgusting you would then have to call opposite views disgusting too as they are not in my bracket of objectively disgusting e.g. murder, rape, paedophilia etc.

lets for example take the gay marriage point - you say that him being not for gay marriage because his religions position, marriage is a to be between a man and a woman, is disgusting. You then by definition have to agree that to say gay marriage must be allowed is also disgusting.
the reasoning for this is that both are of a moral view, in which both actively discriminate against one another, so either both are fair views or both are unfair views. so one cannot be fair whilst the other is unfair one can only align with you more than the other.

on the point of exaggerating, I have seen several people say his is for rape / not against rape. as we all know this is trying to shed a negative light on someone who has never ever said or inferred to be of this opinion.

if for one aligne with a good quantity of his views but totally disagree with his abortion stance and I also feel he is slightly too free market when it comes to the environment. happy for people to disagree and challenge me.

No.

Being homophobic is disgusting, not being homophobic is not.

Being against rape victims having the choice to abort is disgusting, being pro choice is not.

This isn’t a battle of opposite morals. The latter set of morals is actually, you know, moral. The former opinions just make you a bit of a c*nt.

And yes, he did say he was against rape victims having an abortion. He said that. It is not a Glassersesque hoop jump to create context that doesn’t exist and make assumptions. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/06/jacob-rees-mogg-opposed-to-gay-

This is why the world is going to sh1t - because we’re regressing into the normalisation of extreme views. Because that is what JRM has. I’m not going to shed a tear because someone sprayed COCK P1SS PARTRIDGE on the side of his car.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 3084 viewsSonOfSpock

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 13:27 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

Would you argue for the abolition of environmental protections?

Would you support zero hour contracts?

Would you be opposed to same sex marriage and feel that you were 'not proud' of it being legal?

Do you believe the the rise in people using foodbanks is down to the fact that people now know they are there (after Labour deliberately didn't tell people about them), rather than more people currently need them due to Government policies?

Would you be against abortion in all circumstances, including rape?

Just a selection of his views.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 13:29]

Whether or not people support his views is immaterial. He's entitled to think and say whatever he wants without having his property damaged.

I know a lot of the left want 1984 to arrive sooner rather than later however
Login to get fewer ads

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:09 - Aug 7 with 3071 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:07 - Aug 7 by SonOfSpock

Whether or not people support his views is immaterial. He's entitled to think and say whatever he wants without having his property damaged.

Nah. Chat sh1t get banged.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:12 - Aug 7 with 3070 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 19:40 - Aug 7 by Bangor31

"You say that him being not for gay marriage because his religions position, marriage is a to be between a man and a woman, is disgusting. You then by definition have to agree that to say gay marriage must be allowed is also disgusting."

What?!?

Your logic is all arse about face mate.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:18 - Aug 7 with 3062 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:09 - Aug 7 by monytowbray

Chat sh1t get banged*

*as long as we don't like you and don't agree with you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:20 - Aug 7 with 3051 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:18 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Chat sh1t get banged*

*as long as we don't like you and don't agree with you.

Homophobic person gets “Posh Tw@t” sprayed on his house.

Oh well.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:20 - Aug 7 with 3048 viewsSpruceMoose

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:07 - Aug 7 by SonOfSpock

Which I have said elsewhere on this thread, so don't have a pop at me!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 20:21 - Aug 7 with 3047 views_

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:09 - Aug 7 by monytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:22 - Aug 7 with 3043 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:20 - Aug 7 by monytowbray

Homophobic person gets “Posh Tw@t” sprayed on his house.

Oh well.

David Lammy voted for the referendum, it went the 'wrong way' and he had a tantrum on Twitter saying parliament should just ignore it.

Do Brexiteers have the right to go and spray 'tw@t' on his house?

Your argument is pathetic.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:24 - Aug 7 with 3026 viewseireblue

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:20 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

Which I have said elsewhere on this thread, so don't have a pop at me!

SonOfSpock does readily admit to popping off a bit prematurely.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 20:25]
Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:25 - Aug 7 with 3022 viewsJ2BLUE

on 20:21 - Aug 7 by _

It's quite a widespread attitude. These tactics are ok as long as it's our side using them.

It's sad. There's no balance anymore. I can't question it without looking like i'm defending Rees-Mogg.

Truly impaired.

on 20:29 - Aug 7 with 3000 views_

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:25 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

It's quite a widespread attitude. These tactics are ok as long as it's our side using them.

It's sad. There's no balance anymore. I can't question it without looking like i'm defending Rees-Mogg.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:31 - Aug 7 with 2995 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:22 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

David Lammy voted for the referendum, it went the 'wrong way' and he had a tantrum on Twitter saying parliament should just ignore it.

Do Brexiteers have the right to go and spray 'tw@t' on his house?

Your argument is pathetic.

Being anti leaving the EU and being a sexist homophobe are quite different.

Not abor disagreement, it’s about JRM having views that make him scum.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:31 - Aug 7 with 2987 viewsmonytowbray

on 20:21 - Aug 7 by _

When did I say it was justified?

TWTD never forgets…

on 20:33 - Aug 7 with 2981 views_

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:31 - Aug 7 by monytowbray

When did I say it was justified?

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:34 - Aug 7 with 2981 viewsJ2BLUE

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:31 - Aug 7 by monytowbray

Being anti leaving the EU and being a sexist homophobe are quite different.

Not abor disagreement, it’s about JRM having views that make him scum.

Sigh.

So attacks on property are a legitimate form of protest now? I can go and spray tw@t on a Muslim or Christian's front door if they interpret their faith to mean being gay is wrong?

BTW I am completely in favour of equal rights for gay people. Including adoption rights if they don't already have them, I genuinely don't know.

Truly impaired.

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:38 - Aug 7 with 2957 viewsmonytowbray

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:34 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Sigh.

So attacks on property are a legitimate form of protest now? I can go and spray tw@t on a Muslim or Christian's front door if they interpret their faith to mean being gay is wrong?

BTW I am completely in favour of equal rights for gay people. Including adoption rights if they don't already have them, I genuinely don't know.

I’ve still never said it was a legit form of protest.

TWTD never forgets…

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:41 - Aug 7 with 2943 viewsmonytowbray

on 20:33 - Aug 7 by _

Or it was me quoting Jamie Vardy as a joke/meme and you’ve took it literal. If Lucan said it you’d have been w@nking him off with uppies for being so funny.

I await your shirty condescending essay about how you know me better than I know myself within the next ten minutes...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 20:43]

TWTD never forgets…

on 20:43 - Aug 7 with 2935 views_

Vandals attack Jacob Rees-Mogg's Somerset home on 20:41 - Aug 7 by monytowbray

Or it was me quoting Jamie Vardy as a joke/meme and you’ve took it literal. If Lucan said it you’d have been w@nking him off with uppies for being so funny.

I await your shirty condescending essay about how you know me better than I know myself within the next ten minutes...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 20:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024