Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My main issue at present is 09:38 - Aug 15 with 2097 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why have our own promising talents been pushed aside?

I get the likes of Cotter were very young and apart from that cameo, may not have pushed on, but from pre season, Dozzell etc who seemed to flourish, suddenly not even in Hursts thoughts it seems.

I don't see how a Fulham loanee is a better choice than our very own English international youngster... For those who watch, is there a big difference between Edun and Dozzell for example? Edun has 2 league games to his name, so it's not experience

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

My main issue at present is on 09:41 - Aug 15 with 1412 viewssparks

Yes. The difference is that the latetr has had a very serious injury and is still strengthening and getting back to where he needs to be, and has explicitly been described as such by the manager, presumably in consultation with his fitness professionals.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My main issue at present is on 09:42 - Aug 15 with 1399 viewsm14_blue

I think that's a fair question, although it may be a little early to judge whether they really have been 'pushed aside'.

Having seen how well the 3 youngsters in midfield played against West Ham in our final friendly, it is disappointing that they haven't really had a look in since.

Let's wait and see how it pans out over the season though.
My main issue at present is on 09:44 - Aug 15 with 1375 viewsBiGDonnie

Was going to post something very similar.

There's a case to be made to say he's f*cked it already. Did he need to sign all of these lower league players when we now have the likes of Dozzell, Nydam, Downs, Emmanuel, Kenlock etc not getting any game time losing out to players 5 years older and as of yet, not particularly better.

Hope not.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My main issue at present is on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 1352 viewsBLUEBEAT

A new manager and half a new team

Will take a while for manager to assess/understand all at his disposal

Will take a while for new team to gel both in personnel aspect and style of play expectations

Not rocket science

Poll: W or W

My main issue at present is on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 1355 viewssparks

My main issue at present is on 09:44 - Aug 15 by BiGDonnie

There's a case to be made to say he's f*cked it already. Did he need to sign all of these lower league players when we now have the likes of Dozzell, Nydam, Downs, Emmanuel, Kenlock etc not getting any game time losing out to players 5 years older and as of yet, not particularly better.

Hope not.

"There's a case to be made to say he's f*cked it already."

THREE FECKING GAMES. ITS LIKE YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT THINGS TO FAIL AND ARE DETERMINED TO CREATE SO MUCH PRESSURE AND NEGATIVITY AS TO BRING IT ABOUT.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

My main issue at present is on 09:46 - Aug 15 with 1350 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Edun's performance last night was head and shoulders above anything that I have seen from Downes or Nydam yet.

Dozzell is a class act but he needs to be managed carefully, something that Hurst is fully intent on doing.

Kenlock is not better than Knudsen and Emmanuel is not better than Spence,. Hurst clearly things he is not better than Donacien and let's not forget that Hurst saw Emmanuel a lot last season in League One and would have had a special eye on Rotherham, his old club.

What talent do we really have that screams immediate first team involvement. We have lots of players that have come in and done okay, but Woolfenden was the only one, apart from Dozzell, who really looked like he had to earned the right to keep his place.

The only thing I disagree with so far with Hurst was Donacien at CB in the Blackburn game, but then again Woolfenden had been a bit shaky at times in the friendly before. He excelled after coming on at Blackburn and I am sure would have kept his place if he hadn't been injured.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

My main issue at present is on 09:46 - Aug 15 with 1338 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair;

Dozzell - Hurst has stated how much he rates him, but says he is not back to full fitness yet. I think he will become an important team member.

Bishop - So injury prone its untrue. A massive talent, I think its right that he is not rushed back. I think he will also be an important first team member if he stays fit.

In my view these are our two best youngsters, and I dont think they have been pushed aside, rather I think they are being carefully eased back in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

My main issue at present is on 09:47 - Aug 15 with 1334 viewsWestover

When those three young midfielders played against West Ham I thought Wow they looked so good , I know they can't play every week and we need to be careful but it seems they are not in contention at all which is disappointing.
Login to get fewer ads

My main issue at present is on 09:47 - Aug 15 with 1320 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My main issue at present is on 09:46 - Aug 15 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Edun's performance last night was head and shoulders above anything that I have seen from Downes or Nydam yet.

Dozzell is a class act but he needs to be managed carefully, something that Hurst is fully intent on doing.

Kenlock is not better than Knudsen and Emmanuel is not better than Spence,. Hurst clearly things he is not better than Donacien and let's not forget that Hurst saw Emmanuel a lot last season in League One and would have had a special eye on Rotherham, his old club.

What talent do we really have that screams immediate first team involvement. We have lots of players that have come in and done okay, but Woolfenden was the only one, apart from Dozzell, who really looked like he had to earned the right to keep his place.

The only thing I disagree with so far with Hurst was Donacien at CB in the Blackburn game, but then again Woolfenden had been a bit shaky at times in the friendly before. He excelled after coming on at Blackburn and I am sure would have kept his place if he hadn't been injured.

Well put.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

My main issue at present is on 09:47 - Aug 15 with 1317 viewsBiGDonnie

My main issue at present is on 09:45 - Aug 15 by sparks

THREE FECKING GAMES. ITS LIKE YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT THINGS TO FAIL AND ARE DETERMINED TO CREATE SO MUCH PRESSURE AND NEGATIVITY AS TO BRING IT ABOUT.

LOL, your capital button stuck lad?

The longer it takes to win a game the harder it becomes. It's also twice as hard if you're a new player at the club.

COYBs

My main issue at present is on 09:48 - Aug 15 with 1314 viewsLankHenners

Hope not.

I suppose you're a bit worried that Pochettino making zero signings might make things difficult for you this season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

My main issue at present is on 09:49 - Aug 15 with 1308 viewshomer_123

My main issue at present is on 09:46 - Aug 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair;

Dozzell - Hurst has stated how much he rates him, but says he is not back to full fitness yet. I think he will become an important team member.

Bishop - So injury prone its untrue. A massive talent, I think its right that he is not rushed back. I think he will also be an important first team member if he stays fit.

In my view these are our two best youngsters, and I dont think they have been pushed aside, rather I think they are being carefully eased back in.

This, with bells on.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

My main issue at present is on 09:49 - Aug 15 with 1307 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Totally agree. We are not going to be anywhere near challenging this season why not give out own players experience. No chance of them developing without minutes given in the first team.
My main issue at present is on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 1280 viewsSuperfrans

I listened on BBC Suffolk last night, with SSN on and Cottee reporting, and the feedback was that Edun looked really really good. In Chalobah and Edun we seem to have nabbed ourselves a couple of top notch players. They're green, for sure, but they'll get better and more composed as the season goes on.

Dozzell, meanwhile, is recovering from a potentially career-threatening injury and isn't up to speed fitnesswise.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

My main issue at present is on 09:52 - Aug 15 with 1275 viewsWarkTheWark

My main issue at present is on 09:45 - Aug 15 by sparks

I'm losing the will to live on here this morning. So many ridiculous posts. If HFB did a piece on our forum and just changed the names for another team our fans would be laughing at it and calling themselves idiots, etc.

It is painful to experience as a football fan, let alone a fan of ITFC. I genuinely do not understand the thinking but i reckon it's similar to a 3 year old.

3 year old:

wants toy --> has to wait for toy --> doesn't understand why ---> cries / whinges

ITFC fans:

wants instant success (or team of academy products, or something else) --> has to wait --> 3 games pass, nothing instant --> doesn't understand why --> crises / whinges
My main issue at present is on 09:53 - Aug 15 with 1259 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My main issue at present is on 09:49 - Aug 15 by Blue_Dwarf

Totally agree. We are not going to be anywhere near challenging this season why not give out own players experience. No chance of them developing without minutes given in the first team.

Absolute rubbish.

As said below, our stand our talent is Dozzell and Bishop and they are being eased back from injury. Credit to Hurst for resisting the tempatation to rush them back too soon.

In all honesty, have the other youngsters done enough to be in the first team?

My main issue at present is on 09:54 - Aug 15 with 1244 viewsBobbychase

Edun is a sensational talent.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

My main issue at present is on 09:54 - Aug 15 with 1239 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hope not.

wow.

My main issue at present is on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 1233 viewssparks

My main issue at present is on 09:47 - Aug 15 by BiGDonnie

LOL, your capital button stuck lad?

The longer it takes to win a game the harder it becomes. It's also twice as hard if you're a new player at the club.

And the more utter boll0cks spouted by so called supporters, the harder it gets. And the less loyalty and committment you are going to get from new players. Its pathetic entitled feckwittery and its damaging the club I used ot be proud to associate with.

Extraordinary.

My main issue at present is on 09:55 - Aug 15 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

If only Hurst would come out and explain why Dozzell isn't playing currently.......

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My main issue at present is on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 1220 viewsBiGDonnie

My main issue at present is on 09:48 - Aug 15 by LankHenners

I suppose you're a bit worried that Pochettino making zero signings might make things difficult for you this season.

Oh dear, another sheep.

Briiliant bant'z keep up the good work.

COYBs

My main issue at present is on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 1219 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My main issue at present is on 09:55 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

If only Hurst would come out and explain why Dozzell isn't playing currently.......

Shh, be gone with your facts.

My main issue at present is on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 1217 viewsSwansea_Blue

A loanee is a better choice if they’re a better player or better suited to what the manager is trying to achieve.

Hope that helps

Relax, they’re part of our team. It’s a long season and we need depth to the squad.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My main issue at present is on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 1214 viewshomer_123

My main issue at present is on 09:54 - Aug 15 by Bobbychase

Edun is a sensational talent.

High praise.....maybe slightly OTT?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

My main issue at present is on 09:57 - Aug 15 with 1213 viewsSomethingBlue

Try reading — and indeed listening. Hurst has already told you several times what the issue with Dozzell is.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024