Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote 23:45 - Sep 8 with 42499 viewsElderGrizzly

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:34 - Sep 10 with 2909 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:29 - Sep 10 by Gromheort

Nope, just consistency. If you want to argue the economics, be my guest. I appreciate you'd be on a particularly sticky wicket!

You have no basis for that other than opinion. You ignore difficult facts (like the practical need to deal with excessive borrowing and the likelihood of significantly increased borrowing costs if not addressed).

Importantly, as I said to start with, you actually implied it was all some sort of conspiracy by indicating it was some sort of wilful cynical strategy in the cause fo some unspecified ideology ("The problem for the right wing was their usual nonsense had been discredited (e.g. trickle down). They therefore needed a new nonsense to justify their ideological limitation. Austerity provided them with that.")

Embarrassingly, you now wish to step away from that rather silly notion.

And avoiding the targetting of MPs who don't toe the line on anti semitism, or a second referendum.

Its classic hard left MO. Get backed into a corner, move on to something else and throw out another batch of unsubstantiated assertions as if they were facts.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 19:36]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:36 - Sep 10 with 2900 viewsSpruceMoose

Keep up the virtual willy waving lads, we are closing in on 20 pages! G'haaaar!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:37 - Sep 10 with 2889 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:36 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Keep up the virtual willy waving lads, we are closing in on 20 pages! G'haaaar!

Can't wave it. Its too heavy.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:38 - Sep 10 with 2882 viewsSpruceMoose

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:37 - Sep 10 by sparks

Can't wave it. Its too heavy.

Then use it as a leaning post and wave you arms around. Jeez, do I have to do all of the creative thinking around here?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:41 - Sep 10 with 2870 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:34 - Sep 10 by sparks

You have no basis for that other than opinion. You ignore difficult facts (like the practical need to deal with excessive borrowing and the likelihood of significantly increased borrowing costs if not addressed).

Importantly, as I said to start with, you actually implied it was all some sort of conspiracy by indicating it was some sort of wilful cynical strategy in the cause fo some unspecified ideology ("The problem for the right wing was their usual nonsense had been discredited (e.g. trickle down). They therefore needed a new nonsense to justify their ideological limitation. Austerity provided them with that.")

And avoiding the targetting of MPs who don't toe the line on anti semitism, or a second referendum.

Its classic hard left MO. Get backed into a corner, move on to something else and throw out another batch of unsubstantiated assertions as if they were facts.

How are you defining 'excessive borrowing'? How also are you going to account for how austerity, by impairing growth, actually increases debt?

If you want to refer to conspiracy, what about how the free market economics sites are financed by rich businessmen? Of course I haven't referred to conspiracy. I have, however, referred to the innate weaknesses in right wing economics. Did trickle down fail to deliver? Yep. That is widely known, with pish takes aplenty. Did austerity deliver the same aims but provided a new justification? Yep. The economic defence was also ironically provided by the trickle down economists, via their microeconomic foundations of the economy.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:45 - Sep 10 with 2857 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:41 - Sep 10 by Gromheort

How are you defining 'excessive borrowing'? How also are you going to account for how austerity, by impairing growth, actually increases debt?

If you want to refer to conspiracy, what about how the free market economics sites are financed by rich businessmen? Of course I haven't referred to conspiracy. I have, however, referred to the innate weaknesses in right wing economics. Did trickle down fail to deliver? Yep. That is widely known, with pish takes aplenty. Did austerity deliver the same aims but provided a new justification? Yep. The economic defence was also ironically provided by the trickle down economists, via their microeconomic foundations of the economy.

Swerrrrrrve...

Thank you for demonstrating my point so perfectly.

Have fun my trolly blinkered friend. There is nothing here for me, as you are unable to engage. Good night.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:49 - Sep 10 with 2844 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:45 - Sep 10 by sparks

Swerrrrrrve...

Thank you for demonstrating my point so perfectly.

Have fun my trolly blinkered friend. There is nothing here for me, as you are unable to engage. Good night.

No bother! I wouldn't want to destroy your 'r' key as you ignore the economics.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:46 - Sep 10 with 2794 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:58 - Sep 10 by Gromheort

Already mentioned that I'm not a Marxist (However, its difficult to understand the economy without some application of Marxism, from unemployment to macroeconomic crisis).

Austerity only makes sense in the time of boom, with fiscal stimuli removed to minimise the threat of overheating. The problem for the right wing was their usual nonsense had been discredited (e.g. trickle down). They therefore needed a new nonsense to justify their ideological limitation. Austerity provided them with that. They could make bogus comparisons like 'debt is like your Granny Pip going on a cruise on the never never', deliberately hiding from the distinction between macro reality and micro textbook.

That Right Wing Labour also bought into the non-economic drivel demonstrated their uselessness.

yep extreme austerity is bad. but that they doesn't mean that borrowing an extra £750 billion makes any sense at all. simplistic keynesian cliches also don't justify extreme spending. mad uncontrolled spending would do more damage than austerity. it's all about the numbers.

but which group were you previously joined to? clearly you weren't in labour pre-2015 and others have linked your history of posting on different sites. so which group did you come from?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:50 - Sep 10 with 2787 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:46 - Sep 10 by lowhouseblue

yep extreme austerity is bad. but that they doesn't mean that borrowing an extra £750 billion makes any sense at all. simplistic keynesian cliches also don't justify extreme spending. mad uncontrolled spending would do more damage than austerity. it's all about the numbers.

but which group were you previously joined to? clearly you weren't in labour pre-2015 and others have linked your history of posting on different sites. so which group did you come from?

Is it important?
Have your gang formed a tag wrestling team?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 2779 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:29 - Sep 10 by Gromheort

Nope, just consistency. If you want to argue the economics, be my guest. I appreciate you'd be on a particularly sticky wicket!

As you are on the subject of "particularly sticky wickets", don,t you think Alastair Cook,s splendid 147 against India today was a fitting tribute to the end of his England career.
Also, some of our fanbase think Paul Hurst might well be on a "particularly sticky wicket" after the indifferent start to the current football season. Do you think he should persist with 4141 or revert to a Mick like 442.?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 22:08 - Sep 10 with 2727 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 21:00 - Sep 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

As you are on the subject of "particularly sticky wickets", don,t you think Alastair Cook,s splendid 147 against India today was a fitting tribute to the end of his England career.
Also, some of our fanbase think Paul Hurst might well be on a "particularly sticky wicket" after the indifferent start to the current football season. Do you think he should persist with 4141 or revert to a Mick like 442.?

Shame it wasn't on terrestrial telly. Waiting for the highlights just isn't cricket.

Why resort to anything Mick-like? Minimises risk, but also minimises entertainment.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 00:08 - Sep 11 with 2670 viewsStokieBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:41 - Sep 10 by Gromheort

If you want to actually talk economics rather than he told me it would work we can do that tomorrow.

Right now I'm enjoying (yes I know) Tango and Cash.

If you want to get started why don't you define an amount that's not excessive borrowing but that will pay for the unsubstantiated policies put forward. After that can you define the rate you expect the markets to charge for that borrowing and how it will be financed.

Goodnight :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 00:09 - Sep 11 with 2667 viewsStokieBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:50 - Sep 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is it important?
Have your gang formed a tag wrestling team?

You're better than this my friend.

Take things on merit not annoyance.

SB

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 02:26 - Sep 11 with 2643 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:46 - Sep 10 by lowhouseblue

Rather annoying too that some of the extremes of the current austerity approach could probably be reigned in a bit if there was any semblance of an effective opposition currently

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 02:35 - Sep 11 with 2640 viewsSpruceMoose

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 00:08 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

If you want to actually talk economics rather than he told me it would work we can do that tomorrow.

If you want to get started why don't you define an amount that's not excessive borrowing but that will pay for the unsubstantiated policies put forward. After that can you define the rate you expect the markets to charge for that borrowing and how it will be financed.

SB

The rest of these chumps may think you're talking about a film Stokie, but I know you're currently rolling around naked on a pile of money while drinking fizzy pop.

You don't fool me.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 2:35]

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 07:26 - Sep 11 with 2573 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 00:09 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

You're better than this my friend.

Take things on merit not annoyance.

SB

Not in the least annoyed just messing with other people's talk of gangs!

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:04 - Sep 11 with 2542 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 07:26 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not in the least annoyed just messing with other people's talk of gangs!

It's all in the moves

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:14 - Sep 11 with 2527 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:20 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

Looks like you’re on the next shift with Dolly mate. Lowhouse and I have bailed out. Good luck.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 16:29]

The irony is that I left the thread nearly an hour an a half before you posted this. And you were still posting several hours after.

I presume all these posts having a pop at me are your usual diversion tactics because you couldn't prove it was a FACT that Grom admitted to being sent here by Momentum.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:43 - Sep 11 with 2494 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:14 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

The irony is that I left the thread nearly an hour an a half before you posted this. And you were still posting several hours after.

I presume all these posts having a pop at me are your usual diversion tactics because you couldn't prove it was a FACT that Grom admitted to being sent here by Momentum.

Dolly in Glasgow wrong shocker.......unbelievable !

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:52 - Sep 11 with 2486 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:43 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

He'll ignore this or use some more diversionary tactics no doubt.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 09:17 - Sep 11 with 2462 viewsGlasgowBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:43 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is this new double act you have formed with Dolly just another manifestation of your obsessive behaviour towards me?

I apreaciate it’s not as weird as when you were sending a series of unsolicited PM’s every five minutes, making note of when I was logged on and when I was logged off, despite being politely asked to desist, but it’s still pretty creepy all the same.

Are you going to being rummaging through my bins next, or sting outside my house with a pair of binoculars?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 09:19 - Sep 11 with 2460 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 09:17 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Is this new double act you have formed with Dolly just another manifestation of your obsessive behaviour towards me?

I apreaciate it’s not as weird as when you were sending a series of unsolicited PM’s every five minutes, making note of when I was logged on and when I was logged off, despite being politely asked to desist, but it’s still pretty creepy all the same.

Are you going to being rummaging through my bins next, or sting outside my house with a pair of binoculars?

BOOM.

Thanks you and goodnight.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:11 - Sep 11 with 2410 viewsNo9

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:34 - Sep 10 by sparks

"You have no basis for that other than opinion. You ignore difficult facts (like the practical need to deal with excessive borrowing"

The excessive borrowign problem is already here, according to the finacial pages. It is now the highest since the late 80's.
AS Bankster posted last week debt is now costing the economy circa £900 p.a.

The bankers meeting in America discussed which bank is going to fail first not when
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:28 - Sep 11 with 2395 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 00:08 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

SB

Given there are too many variables at play, there's no magic figure for 'excessive borrowing'. That's the whole point. Rather than refer to any credible macroeconomics, economic psychology has twisted our understanding towards seeing things in terms of individual debt and how weighty our wallets are.

None of this is new. Take monetarism. That said the government should shy away from fiscal stimuli. Expenditure merely creates inflation. You need to simply focus on labour market flexibility, providing a mechanism to reduce the natural rate of unemployment. End result? Thatcher quadrupled unemployment and destroyed the industrial base. On the bright side, Ghost Town is a good song and Ipswich got some more shiny insurance buildings to add to Willis Faber.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:49 - Sep 11 with 2369 viewsStokieBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:28 - Sep 11 by Gromheort

Given there are too many variables at play, there's no magic figure for 'excessive borrowing'. That's the whole point. Rather than refer to any credible macroeconomics, economic psychology has twisted our understanding towards seeing things in terms of individual debt and how weighty our wallets are.

None of this is new. Take monetarism. That said the government should shy away from fiscal stimuli. Expenditure merely creates inflation. You need to simply focus on labour market flexibility, providing a mechanism to reduce the natural rate of unemployment. End result? Thatcher quadrupled unemployment and destroyed the industrial base. On the bright side, Ghost Town is a good song and Ipswich got some more shiny insurance buildings to add to Willis Faber.

You've not answered the question and attempted to obfiscate again. I asked your opinion on what would constitute excessive borrowing on the national level and you start talking about individual debt.

"That said the government should shy away from fiscal stimuli. Expenditure merely creates inflation."

You want to expand on this a bit? Labour are planning a lot of expenditure so it would seem counter to your position.

You did well to get Thatcher into your response though, top marks for that.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024