Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell injury 17:55 - Sep 11 with 10530 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

Seems the club are doing what’s best by keeping Andre here having mentioned injury is possible in his genes. His brother has just unfortunately suffered the exact same injury Andre did whilst completing his football scholarship in America at the moment.

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

Dozzell injury on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 6220 viewstextbackup

Andre believes he is fit to play, however the sports science side of things is still flagging up issues on his knee, hence why PH isn't using him at present.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dozzell injury on 18:14 - Sep 11 with 6191 viewsRobTheMonk

It's worth doing another 2-3 months of rehab if it's going to limit to chances of it happening again.
Dozzell injury on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 6087 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Very frustrating I am sure, but glad he is being looked after.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dozzell injury on 18:56 - Sep 11 with 6083 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell injury on 18:11 - Sep 11 by textbackup

Andre believes he is fit to play, however the sports science side of things is still flagging up issues on his knee, hence why PH isn't using him at present.

I heard Andre has been relegated from the 1st team dressing room back to the U23 one, we'll lose him soon I reckon as can't see him progressing enough here this season and he'll be off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell injury on 18:58 - Sep 11 with 6060 viewsKieran_Knows

Dozzell injury on 18:56 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

I heard Andre has been relegated from the 1st team dressing room back to the U23 one, we'll lose him soon I reckon as can't see him progressing enough here this season and he'll be off

Would be a real shame to see him go.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dozzell injury on 19:46 - Sep 11 with 5907 viewsCurrie10

Going to throw this out there, and will duck / get my hard hat on - just how good is he?

I was at his debut when he scored aged 16 - very quiet the rest of the game but just a pup.

Understand v Brum first game of last season he was excellent - however - minus the injury
( really hope it's fully healed ) - in peoples minds, was he likely to be good enough over the course of the season and have say a Teddy Bishop 14/15 campaign?

Or, would it have been more in/ out with peaks and lows?
Dozzell injury on 20:14 - Sep 11 with 5818 viewsIllinoisblue

Dozzell injury on 18:11 - Sep 11 by textbackup

still feels odd to me; he's apparently fit enough to play U23 football - there's surely just as much chance of getting injured in an U23 game than there is in the first team (see Patrick Bamford for a recent example).

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dozzell injury on 20:51 - Sep 11 with 5714 viewsGarv

Dozzell injury on 20:14 - Sep 11 by Illinoisblue

still feels odd to me; he's apparently fit enough to play U23 football - there's surely just as much chance of getting injured in an U23 game than there is in the first team (see Patrick Bamford for a recent example).

I know squat about sports science but I've seen some under 23s games and for me it's fairly obvious there's a massive difference in the intensity and competitive nature between that and a Championship game.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell injury on 23:20 - Sep 11 with 5501 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Dozzell injury on 20:14 - Sep 11 by Illinoisblue

U23 a step up from training but first team is a fair jump up from that. Real full blooded tackles, pace and intensity. You can get injured In any for, of footie but this is managing himmback and trust Andre is fully onboard with the plan though probably he'd love to just play.

it does seem strange he doesnt seem in consideration for last 20 mins of games but it is im sure part of a plan he is on.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Dozzell injury on 08:27 - Sep 12 with 5261 viewsPositivelyPortman

Where did this snippet of a rumour materialise pray tell?
Was it from one of the stewards that happens to be PH’s best mate?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Dozzell injury on 08:48 - Sep 12 with 5217 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell injury on 08:27 - Sep 12 by PositivelyPortman

I’m not someone that makes stuff up.

Also it was said in EADT podcast yesterday by Stu Watson that he is now training with that squad and not the first team.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell injury on 09:02 - Sep 12 with 5171 viewsPhilTWTD

Dozzell injury on 08:27 - Sep 12 by PositivelyPortman

It is true, has been the case for a few weeks.
Dozzell injury on 09:07 - Sep 12 with 5153 viewshype313

Dozzell injury on 08:48 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

I’m not someone that makes stuff up.

Also it was said in EADT podcast yesterday by Stu Watson that he is now training with that squad and not the first team.

You're far more in the know than me Joe, is it because of the injury and how they manage that or is it the fact that Hurst just doesn't see a path for him currently?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dozzell injury on 09:10 - Sep 12 with 5133 viewsPhilTWTD

Dozzell injury on 09:07 - Sep 12 by hype313

You're far more in the know than me Joe, is it because of the injury and how they manage that or is it the fact that Hurst just doesn't see a path for him currently?

I don't think he's particularly high up the list when it comes to midfield options, as I understand it. Suspect he may not be quite what PH wants from his midfield as things stand at the moment.
Dozzell injury on 09:16 - Sep 12 with 5113 viewsKieran_Knows

Dozzell injury on 09:10 - Sep 12 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he's particularly high up the list when it comes to midfield options, as I understand it. Suspect he may not be quite what PH wants from his midfield as things stand at the moment.

I think that (although appreciate Dozzell is returning from a long injury lay off), coupled with Nydam's loan to St Johnstone makes a bit of a mockery about what ME and PH have said in previous interviews about how we as a club pride ourselves on the academy and that whatever new manager coming in was going to integrate them more in to the first team.

My over riding feeling on it all is that if Mick had left Dozzell in the 23's this season, plus sending Nydam out on loan, he'd have copped a fair amount of abuse from supporters.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dozzell injury on 09:17 - Sep 12 with 5113 viewshype313

Whilst that's disappointing to hear from a local perspective, no point playing someone if they are are not up to speed just because they are homegrown, is there disillusion from the Dozzell camp or are they quite happy looking at the bigger picture?

Dozzell injury on 09:23 - Sep 12 with 5089 viewsParisBlue

Will Dozzell be PH’s equivalent of Keane and Rhodes?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Dozzell injury on 09:23 - Sep 12 with 5087 viewsPhilTWTD

Dozzell injury on 09:17 - Sep 12 by hype313

Whilst that's disappointing to hear from a local perspective, no point playing someone if they are are not up to speed just because they are homegrown, is there disillusion from the Dozzell camp or are they quite happy looking at the bigger picture?

Frustration I think, particularly having lost a year last season that he's not looking likely to be involved at the moment. A loan move would probably have suited both player and manager but the lingering concern about fitness which PH mentioned in his press conference meant that was ruled out.
Dozzell injury on 09:24 - Sep 12 with 5083 viewsPhilTWTD

Dozzell injury on 09:23 - Sep 12 by ParisBlue

Will Dozzell be PH’s equivalent of Keane and Rhodes?

Certainly possible as things stand at present.
Dozzell injury on 09:26 - Sep 12 with 5074 viewschicoazul

My God is this true?? I mean I know it's true you heard it but how reliable is the source?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell injury on 09:32 - Sep 12 with 5057 viewshype313

Dozzell injury on 09:26 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

My God is this true?? I mean I know it's true you heard it but how reliable is the source?

As Jo said above Stuart mentioned it on the podcast and Phil has also confirmed.

Dozzell injury on 09:32 - Sep 12 with 5056 viewschicoazul

Dozzell injury on 09:02 - Sep 12 by PhilTWTD

It is true, has been the case for a few weeks.

Hahaha oh my God amazing

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell injury on 09:36 - Sep 12 with 5043 viewshype313

Dozzell injury on 09:24 - Sep 12 by PhilTWTD

Certainly possible as things stand at present.

What are your thoughts Phil considering you have seen far more of him than the rest of us, is he the real deal and would we be making a huge mistake letting him go or do you think he will struggle considering his size and potential for injuries?

Dozzell injury on 09:55 - Sep 12 with 4980 viewsSomethingBlue

Presumably our sports science department is picking up on stuff that would make other clubs wary too though. A Premier League team would probably be able to afford the gamble, mind you. We do seem to fall on the wrong side of these things every *single* time so it's hard to feel especially positive about how this one turns out in the long run.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dozzell injury on 09:58 - Sep 12 with 4962 viewsgosblue

Surely there must be other issues here. I’m not sure if it’s the same in football but if I had someone working for me who was told by medical professionals they were not fit to work, then they could not work even if they wanted to until they had been declared fit for work. There are H & S and insurance issues. A doctor could however, suggest what levels of work they could or could not carry out (e.g. light duties/no heavy lifting). As for Dozzell being loaned out or moving on, I imagine he would have to pass a medical.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024