Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chalobah infuriates me 22:48 - Sep 18 with 5021 viewsBonchosBicycle

I've seen few players that can look so talented one minute then turn around and play a perfectly weighted pass to no one 2 minutes later. I think he can be a real benefit to us for the year we have him but he really needs to find some consistency.
Chalobah infuriates me on 22:53 - Sep 18 with 4101 viewsGarv

You're right, but he will have got stick for passing it out of play in the first half, when it would have gone to Spence's feet had Spence been where he should have been.

Does one thing brilliantly and two things terribly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chalobah infuriates me on 22:56 - Sep 18 with 4078 viewsJoHnNnY

He’s spatial awareness is rubbish - he’ll stop, turn into trouble when there’s space in the direction he’s looking.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Chalobah infuriates me on 22:56 - Sep 18 with 4069 viewsNthsuffolkblue

His shot from distance was poor too.

The sort of player who in a match or two will connect with one and belt it in from 30 yards.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chalobah infuriates me on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 4059 viewsLimitlessBlue

He was atrocious today, looked totally out of his depth. yards behind the play at times.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Chalobah infuriates me on 22:58 - Sep 18 with 4055 viewsBueller

I think he’s raw but you can tell he will slot in a prem side in a few years time. Hope he does find some consistency you’re right. Despite this he has still been better than most this season regardless so could really get a good season out of him if he improves.
Chalobah infuriates me on 22:58 - Sep 18 with 4055 viewsjeera

To be fair mate, he didn't even play in the last game.

For any player to have consistency, he needs to first be playing on a consistent basis.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:03 - Sep 18 with 4017 viewsgt81

Apart from the shot that went out for a throw in, there was another moment that summed him up - there was a cross played towards him from the left, and he had an absolute age and acres of space to position himself to receive the ball, but instead clumsily tried to head the ball and gave it away.

I know he lacks league experience but this should be bread and butter stuff for pro footballers with Premier League ambitions.
Chalobah infuriates me on 23:04 - Sep 18 with 4010 viewsjudespiveyg

Your first statement made me immediately think of JET.
I find Skuse more infuriating as I keep expecting him to do something.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:06 - Sep 18 with 3993 viewshorsehollerer

It's almost like he has played less than 10 games of first team football ever.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:06 - Sep 18 with 3988 viewsBonchosBicycle

I still reckon his goal on the turn against Villa was possibly the best taken goal for us this season. His delivery for Jackson's goal today was perfect. And he's not afraid to have a crack even if it unfortunately often bothers the fans in Row Z more than the opposition keeper. I think he'll be a comfortably Premiership-standard player in a couple of years. I just hope he matures and settles a little this season.
Chalobah infuriates me on 23:22 - Sep 18 with 3933 viewsGarv

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:03 - Sep 18 by gt81

Apart from the shot that went out for a throw in, there was another moment that summed him up - there was a cross played towards him from the left, and he had an absolute age and acres of space to position himself to receive the ball, but instead clumsily tried to head the ball and gave it away.

I know he lacks league experience but this should be bread and butter stuff for pro footballers with Premier League ambitions.

That shot that went for a throw was just a moment that made me disbelieve my own eyes. Absolutely absurd decision making and ruined the whole attack in an instant.

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:29 - Sep 18 with 3907 viewsSuffolktractor

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:22 - Sep 18 by Garv

That shot that went for a throw was just a moment that made me disbelieve my own eyes. Absolutely absurd decision making and ruined the whole attack in an instant.

Nothing wrong with the decision to shoot, it was just really poorly executed. Give the guy a break. The more he plays the more his quality will shine.
Chalobah infuriates me on 23:39 - Sep 18 with 3873 viewsGarv

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:29 - Sep 18 by Suffolktractor

Nothing wrong with the decision to shoot, it was just really poorly executed. Give the guy a break. The more he plays the more his quality will shine.

I agree and I think he should play more often than not.

I think if you were to watch that shot back though, you'd see how far out and how ridiculous it was to even try it. Just my opinion.

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:44 - Sep 18 with 3852 viewsSuffolktractor

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:39 - Sep 18 by Garv

I agree and I think he should play more often than not.

I think if you were to watch that shot back though, you'd see how far out and how ridiculous it was to even try it. Just my opinion.

Oh I agree, and I was one of those shouting at him to shoot knowing he had a cat in hells chance of scoring.
But he has a certain amount of talent, just wish he had Dozzell playing alongside him!!
Chalobah infuriates me on 00:14 - Sep 19 with 3800 viewsFreddies_Ears

He's an untried kid. Funnily enough, he isn't going to be Patrick Viera just yet.
Chalobah infuriates me on 00:17 - Sep 19 with 3794 viewsblaggers

Chalobah infuriates me on 23:06 - Sep 18 by horsehollerer

It's almost like he has played less than 10 games of first team football ever.

Then in reality he shouldn't be cutting his teeth in our team, when we have our own young players who are quite blatantly better than him.

Poll: What happens next?

Chalobah infuriates me on 03:22 - Sep 19 with 3705 viewsharlingblue

A very young player with a high pedigree, a great presence, he will make the odd mistake, playing in a 'scratch' team, but has also scored an important goal, and made one like tonight!
I remember a young Kevin Beattie giving away a penalty trying to make that last chance tackle, still raw in those days.
Chalobah infuriates me on 05:27 - Sep 19 with 3666 viewssotd78

He’s here to learn. If we want the finished article it is 25 million.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Chalobah infuriates me on 05:37 - Sep 19 with 3655 viewsshamboy

I didn't see a lot wrong with him last night. Admittedly, he needs to play with his head up more and at times his body language is poor (as with Ward), but he needs to learn by being on the same pitch as players like Romaine Sawyers to see if he can make the step up.
Chalobah infuriates me on 07:07 - Sep 19 with 3596 viewsCurrie10

I said this after Blackburn and was given pelters.
Chalobah infuriates me on 07:16 - Sep 19 with 3579 viewsgordon

Gets caught in possession, sloppy passes, doesn't always track runners, but does a fancy turn every now and then which catches the eye. Basically the antithesis of Skuse.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 7:17]
Chalobah infuriates me on 08:19 - Sep 19 with 3506 viewsLimitlessBlue

Chalobah infuriates me on 05:27 - Sep 19 by sotd78

He’s here to learn. If we want the finished article it is 25 million.

we have our own players who should be 'learning' not someone who is not our own player.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:30 - Sep 19 with 3479 viewstractorboy7777

Chalobah infuriates me on 07:16 - Sep 19 by gordon

Gets caught in possession, sloppy passes, doesn't always track runners, but does a fancy turn every now and then which catches the eye. Basically the antithesis of Skuse.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 7:17]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Chalobah infuriates me on 08:35 - Sep 19 with 3465 viewslowhouseblue

he has great athleticism but not much football sense. someone posted research on how physical attributes can allow young players to excel even if they aren't the best footballers. overall i'm not sure he brings enough for us to be training up someone else's player.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Chalobah infuriates me on 08:36 - Sep 19 with 3460 viewsRobTheMonk

If he ends up playing regular premier league football I'll be very suprised. He was terrible tonight and the only saving grace was the cross for the goal. His passing was terrible. He switches off at set pieces which nearly cost us a goal in the first half had Brentford been more clinical.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024