Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? 10:08 - Oct 25 with 3456 viewsitfcjoe

I keep hearing his name mentioned but just don't see it.

He openly applied for the job in the summer, and heard from a couple of people who would know that he didn't even have his formal application acknowledged let alone invited for an interview.

I just don't see it, at all - who knows though?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:15 - Oct 25 with 2926 viewsHerbivore

The chances of it happening are somewhere around zero.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:18 - Oct 25 with 2915 viewsReuser_is_God

Extremely arrogant of Evans to dismiss someone like that who has a track record of doing everything he talks about in his ‘5 point plan’*

*yes I appreciate it was some time ago

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 2891 viewsclive_baker

The biggest joke was he was asked to apply, he and Butcher made the application and he never even got a reply. Not even a thanks but no thanks. Classy.

In answer to you question, I don’t think there’s any chance of him returning...unfortunately

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:21 - Oct 25 with 2867 viewsMoriarty

Criteria then was young manager. Different ball park now.

fka omuircheartaigh

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 2863 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I would LOVE to see Burley back, but I dont expect it to happen.

The most worrying thing about Hurst leaving??.......

....is who Evans picks as the replacement.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 10:22]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:23 - Oct 25 with 2858 viewsartsbossbeard

I'd hate to have GB anywhere linked to the current predicament. Think it would tarnish all the good work that he's done previously.

We need a firefighter and someone who has been in this position before and got results.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:24 - Oct 25 with 2832 viewsReuser_is_God

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:23 - Oct 25 by artsbossbeard

I'd hate to have GB anywhere linked to the current predicament. Think it would tarnish all the good work that he's done previously.

We need a firefighter and someone who has been in this position before and got results.

Holloway?

Kept QPR up the other year & they were proper sh1t.

Still better than the current Town side though in fairness.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:25 - Oct 25 with 2811 viewsElderGrizzly

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:24 - Oct 25 by Reuser_is_God

Holloway?

But not known to organise a defence, which we desperately need.

Holloway would be worse than Hurst imo and a huge backwards step for us
Login to get fewer ads

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:28 - Oct 25 with 2794 viewsartsbossbeard

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:24 - Oct 25 by Reuser_is_God

Holloway?

He'd be a decent option and yep, I don't see this being an easy task with the current squad.

This is what angers me. How come PH was simply allowed to buy untried and untested players at this level, time and time again without someone carrying out some sort of sanity check on things?

We're done and dusted this season after 14/15 games.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:30 - Oct 25 with 2747 viewsElderGrizzly

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:28 - Oct 25 by artsbossbeard

He'd be a decent option and yep, I don't see this being an easy task with the current squad.

This is what angers me. How come PH was simply allowed to buy untried and untested players at this level, time and time again without someone carrying out some sort of sanity check on things?

Edwards, Jackson, Donacien and Nolan are all good players who should be able to step up. Surround them with more experienced players, we have the basis of a good team.

Sadly, we need to wait until January to get that support for them
Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 2721 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:25 - Oct 25 by ElderGrizzly

In our promotion season we had the second best defensive record in the league.

Season before that we had the best.

Season before that we had the 4th best.

Premier League we had the 5th best defence.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 10:38]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 2720 viewsitfcjoe

Dave Bowman is in there as a DoF and knows the Championship better than anyone recruitment wise and was roundly ignored in the summer.

Hurst's eyes lit up when he saw the pound signs that Webster and Waghorn could bring in and tried to do 3-4 windows work in one summer.

Not for the 1st time - Keane inherited a decent side and ripped it up in first summer

Jewell inherited a decent squad and did really well with it, then ripped it up and started again in the summer with a bunch of old lags

There needs to be some continuity and sense in signings, and someone needs to be accountable for that as Evans clearly isn't capable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 2703 viewsJ2BLUE

There is zero chance unless Evans doesn't have a clue and just wants someone cheap, who the fans will love and would take the heat off him.

We need a defensive organiser as we have very little in attack.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:36 - Oct 25 with 2712 viewsBloomBlue

Thankfully the answer is zero chance. I find it amazing fans have forgotten in his last seasons with us he relegated us and then played terrible football and couldn't motivate the players in this league.

Yes we had some great times with him but he lost it in his last season here. Plus I agree with SBR when he said 'never go back'
Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 2687 viewsKeaneish

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:15 - Oct 25 by Herbivore

The chances of it happening are somewhere around zero.

Is that more or less of a chance than Poyet and Treacle?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 2688 viewsitfc1981

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:23 - Oct 25 by artsbossbeard

Disagree entirely - the ironic thing about the Burley option is, that despite his age, he represents a more progressive route: passing football, faith in youth, love for the club.

His ideology is superb.

We are skint (artificially as Evans is loaded) -Burley works well in those conditions.

If we go down - it will allow him to 95/96 era work - clear out the dross and build again.

Some of the best coaches in history have done the business at a more advanced age.

Have Holland board to take over in due course.

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 2685 viewsVic

That truly is shocking if true. I keep wanting to think well of ME but bits and pieces I hear on hear from people I've grown to trust make this increasingly difficult. If someone at the club couldn't acknowledge an application from someone like GB it's disgusting. OK, he was obviously not at all the sort of manager ME had in mind, but the guy is ITFC through and through - you don't treat people with his connections to the club in that way.

Agh - just feel totally let down by it all. And it's made all the worse because most of us were really hoping for a reset and fresh connection with the fans, a fresh style of play, youngsters coming into the squad and team. None of this has happened and we find ourselves in a far worse place than we were 8 months ago.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:39 - Oct 25 with 2672 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:25 - Oct 25 by ElderGrizzly

Apologies EG.

Thought you were referring to Burley as not being able to organise.

I now see it was Holloway. Fair point!!

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:45 - Oct 25 with 2620 viewsMoriarty

Waggy Wonga Wasted. Webby Wonga Wasted.

I think our best chance now is a manager who can improve players, especially younger ones and who will bring unity. GB has to be in that discussion. But who knows?

fka omuircheartaigh

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 11:09 - Oct 25 with 2519 viewsWestSussexBlue

At least bringing in GB would take the spotlight off himself.
There’s more and more growing unrest towards Evans again and If he’s any sense a Blue blooded appointment would at least unite 90% of the fans.
Why cannot GB be brought in on a short term end of season deal anyway?
Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 11:17 - Oct 25 with 2468 viewsreusersfreekicks

Oh for goodness sake. Not going to happen and would be a disaster if it did. Widen horizons people
Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 11:19 - Oct 25 with 2447 viewsPlums

Because Evans repeated his earlier mistakes of letting the manager have full control. The scary thing is, he isn’t showing evidence of learning along the way. He’s fired more managers than he’s appointed. Not one has gone on to better things.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:21]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 11:27 - Oct 25 with 2406 viewsTexaco73

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 11:19 - Oct 25 by Plums

Because Evans repeated his earlier mistakes of letting the manager have full control. The scary thing is, he isn’t showing evidence of learning along the way. He’s fired more managers than he’s appointed. Not one has gone on to better things.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:21]

Club ownership is too hands on for Evans.
He doesn't seem to get that his role is integral in promoting togetherness. He needs to be more engaged and show everyone that he really cares, what his thoughts are, and how we are going to work together to be successful.
Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 12:18 - Oct 25 with 2297 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Best option available. Only thing stopping his appointment is Evans who by all accounts didn't even give him an interview in the Summer. Like all Evan's appointments up until now have been superb...

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 12:22 - Oct 25 with 2257 viewsElderGrizzly

Is Burley even a realistic option for Evans? on 10:35 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Dave Bowman is in there as a DoF and knows the Championship better than anyone recruitment wise and was roundly ignored in the summer.

Hurst's eyes lit up when he saw the pound signs that Webster and Waghorn could bring in and tried to do 3-4 windows work in one summer.

Not for the 1st time - Keane inherited a decent side and ripped it up in first summer

Jewell inherited a decent squad and did really well with it, then ripped it up and started again in the summer with a bunch of old lags

There needs to be some continuity and sense in signings, and someone needs to be accountable for that as Evans clearly isn't capable

Bowman is not performing as a DoF and never has during his time here. To say so is disingenuous.

As you know he is Chief Scout and not really used by Hurst as seen as MM’s man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024