Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow. 22:14 - Nov 28 with 4379 viewsLord_Lucan

So much bile.

Sort your lives out and listen to some music.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Wow. on 22:14 - Nov 28 with 3834 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wow. on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 3807 viewsLeagueOne

Our club is on the verge of third tier football, we have the prospect of playing Norwich U21's in the Checkatrade Trophy next season and you want to listen to music? We have a right to be angry about this, it's our club and the people in charge of it have ran it into the ground.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Wow. on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 3778 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

badabing (n/t) on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 3767 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Wow. on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 3758 viewsHerbivore

Much easier to say when you're not paying to watch this dross.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wow. on 22:19 - Nov 28 with 3755 viewsVic

But Lucan, you can understand the utter frustration can’t you.

There is no one simple answer because the damage has been done. We lost the manager who had kept us afloat on a shoestring. He messed up when he moaned at supporters. Hurst completely ripped up the team and let us in a complete mess. Lambert comes in with lots of experience and good talk, but even he can’t turn below average players, low on confidence into an average team over night.

The damage is done - we are almost certainly down. Has any team ever come back from where we are, with the quality of players we have?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Wow. on 22:19 - Nov 28 with 3740 viewsLeagueOne

Wow. on 22:18 - Nov 28 by jeera

Sums up our future pretty well!!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Wow. on 22:19 - Nov 28 with 3727 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wow. on 22:18 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

Much easier to say when you're not paying to watch this dross.

Low blow.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Wow. on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 3720 viewsjeera

Wow. on 22:19 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

Sums up our future pretty well!!

Best I could come up with!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wow. on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 3712 viewssundaze

Wow. on 22:19 - Nov 28 by Vic

There is no one simple answer because the damage has been done. We lost the manager who had kept us afloat on a shoestring. He messed up when he moaned at supporters. Hurst completely ripped up the team and let us in a complete mess. Lambert comes in with lots of experience and good talk, but even he can’t turn below average players, low on confidence into an average team over night.

The damage is done - we are almost certainly down. Has any team ever come back from where we are, with the quality of players we have?

Rotherham done it last season at the first attempt.
Wow. on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 3701 viewsVic

Wow. on 22:20 - Nov 28 by sundaze

Rotherham done it last season at the first attempt.

No I mean stay up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Wow. on 22:22 - Nov 28 with 3683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow. on 22:17 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

Our club is on the verge of third tier football, we have the prospect of playing Norwich U21's in the Checkatrade Trophy next season and you want to listen to music? We have a right to be angry about this, it's our club and the people in charge of it have ran it into the ground.

Ouch.

Lambert should use that as a motivation for the players. If it has no impact then they really don't care.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wow. on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 3611 viewsBluedandy

So much absurd snootiness ... it's a fan forum for a football club on the verge of relegation to the third division for the first time since the 1950s.

If your life is so sorted why are you on this message board in the first place?
Wow. on 22:33 - Nov 28 with 3598 viewssundaze

Wow. on 22:21 - Nov 28 by Vic

No I mean stay up.

okay, I agree, it doesn't look good, but looking for a positive, Sears has discovered the knack of scoring goals again, he has confidence, now we need to find something similar in our back line.
I still believe that it is a weak bottom end of the league and if we can sort things out at the back, we have a chance to stay in the fight.
Wow. on 22:39 - Nov 28 with 3542 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow. on 22:19 - Nov 28 by Vic

Yeah I know what you mean - in a way.

Maybe I’ve got all soft, I dunnno.

I know for a fact that if I were <20 I would be upset but I am at an age where priorities get in the way, I’m an old cünt and I’ve got bigger fish to fry.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Wow. on 22:51 - Nov 28 with 3494 viewspickles110564

Wow. on 22:39 - Nov 28 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah I know what you mean - in a way.

Maybe I’ve got all soft, I dunnno.

I know for a fact that if I were <20 I would be upset but I am at an age where priorities get in the way, I’m an old cünt and I’ve got bigger fish to fry.

Miss u m8
Wow. on 10:06 - Nov 29 with 3397 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow. on 22:31 - Nov 28 by Bluedandy

So much absurd snootiness ... it's a fan forum for a football club on the verge of relegation to the third division for the first time since the 1950s.

If your life is so sorted why are you on this message board in the first place?

Everyone is entitled to their views but when I read all this anger directed at certain individuals it reminds me of primary school.

1/ The majority of the board wanted a young track suit manager and begged for young up and coming lower league players to have a shot.

Tick

It all goes wrong - Evans is a cünt.

2/ Paul Hurst destroyed the club and we need a savior. For some strange reason we attract a more than competent manager and we have hope.

We lose

Evans is a cünt

Repeat to fade

Wow. on 10:17 - Nov 29 with 3364 viewsMalcolmBlue

On the bright side at least we might win a derby for once

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Wow. on 10:21 - Nov 29 with 3342 viewsTIB

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Wow. on 10:36 - Nov 29 with 3303 viewsBluedandy

Wow. on 10:06 - Nov 29 by Lord_Lucan

Everyone is entitled to their views but when I read all this anger directed at certain individuals it reminds me of primary school.

1/ The majority of the board wanted a young track suit manager and begged for young up and coming lower league players to have a shot.

Tick

It all goes wrong - Evans is a cünt.

2/ Paul Hurst destroyed the club and we need a savior. For some strange reason we attract a more than competent manager and we have hope.

We lose

Evans is a cünt

Repeat to fade

It's football ... what do you expect ... Town are in a dire predicament .... the worst in my lifetime by a country mile.

Trawl any other club forum and the spectrum of views is usually no different and often a lot worse.

You think Town fans are bad? Did you not hear Arsenal fans abusively moan season after season about their piteous plight under Wenger.

People love to moralise about what Town fans should or should not say and feel intellectually superior by calling them numbskulls ad nauseam, but compared to many rival supporters they are models of restraint.

But guess what after more than ten years of stagnation compounded now by the imminent arrival of third tier football they're expressing mild anger.

Can you blame them ... not at all ... in the context of Ipswich Town's history the Evans era has been a monumental clusterf*ck.
Wow. on 10:48 - Nov 29 with 3277 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow. on 10:36 - Nov 29 by Bluedandy

It's football ... what do you expect ... Town are in a dire predicament .... the worst in my lifetime by a country mile.

Trawl any other club forum and the spectrum of views is usually no different and often a lot worse.

You think Town fans are bad? Did you not hear Arsenal fans abusively moan season after season about their piteous plight under Wenger.

People love to moralise about what Town fans should or should not say and feel intellectually superior by calling them numbskulls ad nauseam, but compared to many rival supporters they are models of restraint.

But guess what after more than ten years of stagnation compounded now by the imminent arrival of third tier football they're expressing mild anger.

Can you blame them ... not at all ... in the context of Ipswich Town's history the Evans era has been a monumental clusterf*ck.

What has the poor behaviour of other clubs fans got to do with anything?

You want to see how real fans react to defeat, go look at Portsmouth.

Just because Arsenal fans are deluded doesn't give anyone else the excuse, have a look up the road and see what gates Norwich got when they were relegated.

Crying like a baby and shouting "Evans out" doesn't cut the ice with me, it is the typical reaction of a brainless buffoon.

Either support your team or do something constructive to change it.

In short, grow up.

Wow. on 10:51 - Nov 29 with 3255 viewsCoastalblue

Wow. on 10:17 - Nov 29 by MalcolmBlue

On the bright side at least we might win a derby for once

We might need to, it might be our last chance for some time, that is a sobering thought.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Wow. on 10:51 - Nov 29 with 3251 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree.

What I don't like though is that people target the individual players, and especially the youngsters. That doesn't help anyone. But ME deserves all he gets.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wow. on 11:33 - Nov 29 with 3199 viewsBluedandy

Wow. on 10:48 - Nov 29 by Lord_Lucan

What has the poor behaviour of other clubs fans got to do with anything?

You want to see how real fans react to defeat, go look at Portsmouth.

Just because Arsenal fans are deluded doesn't give anyone else the excuse, have a look up the road and see what gates Norwich got when they were relegated.

Crying like a baby and shouting "Evans out" doesn't cut the ice with me, it is the typical reaction of a brainless buffoon.

Either support your team or do something constructive to change it.

In short, grow up.

You mention our chums up the road ...if Town had been run more like Norwich over the last 10 years then people would not want Evans out ...

Have a look at Town's average attendances when we were relegated from the Premiership or indeed what they were when Evans took over and now look at them ....

There's a thread with a common theme tallying with our worst run of league finishes since the 1950s all achieved under the imperious Evans.

Despite this backdrop you remain obsessed with the 'poor' behaviour of Ipswich Town fans, but the point is it's not that bad at all ... this is football after all not cricket or rugger.

But anyway, when was the last time you heard a chant of "Evans out" echo around Portman Road or seen anti-banners regularly draped over the stands ... the answer is never .... though some might argue it's pretty brainless sitting on your hands feeling smug and doing nothing to change things.

You touch on Portsmouth ... fans there loathed their previous owner and shouted about it from the rooftops (no doubt some cried like babies online as well) .... ultimately they were saved from liquidation by the Pompey Supporters Trust .... they're doing alright now.

And I'm afraid calling on Town fans to grow up is futile and faintly hypocritical. Any form of preoccupation with how a group of men kick a ball is innately infantile. You're in the same boat.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 11:39]
Wow. on 11:41 - Nov 29 with 3168 viewsLord_Lucan

Wow. on 11:33 - Nov 29 by Bluedandy

You mention our chums up the road ...if Town had been run more like Norwich over the last 10 years then people would not want Evans out ...

Have a look at Town's average attendances when we were relegated from the Premiership or indeed what they were when Evans took over and now look at them ....

There's a thread with a common theme tallying with our worst run of league finishes since the 1950s all achieved under the imperious Evans.

Despite this backdrop you remain obsessed with the 'poor' behaviour of Ipswich Town fans, but the point is it's not that bad at all ... this is football after all not cricket or rugger.

But anyway, when was the last time you heard a chant of "Evans out" echo around Portman Road or seen anti-banners regularly draped over the stands ... the answer is never .... though some might argue it's pretty brainless sitting on your hands feeling smug and doing nothing to change things.

You touch on Portsmouth ... fans there loathed their previous owner and shouted about it from the rooftops (no doubt some cried like babies online as well) .... ultimately they were saved from liquidation by the Pompey Supporters Trust .... they're doing alright now.

And I'm afraid calling on Town fans to grow up is futile and faintly hypocritical. Any form of preoccupation with how a group of men kick a ball is innately infantile. You're in the same boat.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 11:39]

I disagree with you.

Tell me;

1/ Who did you want to replace Mick Mac

2/ Do you think you have the right to determine how much Evans loses on ITFC every year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024