Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa 23:37 - Dec 25 with 5441 viewssparks

12.30am. she's told the wife that she saw me delivering the full stocking. Apparently she doesn't want me to know she knows, because she doesn't want to spoil it for me!

9 seems too young for the illusion to be broken😕

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:44 - Dec 25 with 5390 viewsSpruceMoose

So you decided to come on here and ruin things for the rest of us 8 year olds?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:47 - Dec 25 with 5386 viewsRyorry

You barsteward, you could've at least put a **SPOILER ALERT** klaxon in your header couldn't you?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:47 - Dec 25 with 5384 viewscatch74

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:44 - Dec 25 by SpruceMoose

So you decided to come on here and ruin things for the rest of us 8 year olds?

Exactly - shhh Rommy still BELIEVES!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:53 - Dec 25 with 5375 viewssparks

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:47 - Dec 25 by Ryorry

You barsteward, you could've at least put a **SPOILER ALERT** klaxon in your header couldn't you?!

Ive assumed that no responsible parent allows young children to surf TWTD, especially at nearly midnight....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:58 - Dec 25 with 5358 viewsStokieBlue

The Donald said yesterday that 7 was marginal.

It's going to happen to all of us at some point. Very sweet she doesn't want to spoil it for you!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:59 - Dec 25 with 5351 viewssparks

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:58 - Dec 25 by StokieBlue

The Donald said yesterday that 7 was marginal.

It's going to happen to all of us at some point. Very sweet she doesn't want to spoil it for you!

SB

I dread to think what he might think 7 was marginal for...

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:01 - Dec 26 with 5345 viewsRyorry

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:53 - Dec 25 by sparks

Ive assumed that no responsible parent allows young children to surf TWTD, especially at nearly midnight....

I wasn't talking about "children" - well not in terms of years anyway ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:03 - Dec 26 with 5333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What you mean it's not Fergalsharkey !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:16 - Dec 26 with 5329 viewsurbanblue

My daughter is 11. We finally had a chat last week when she told me that her and all her friends know that there is no Santa but keep up the pretence so that they continue to get the presents.

Sorry mate, but the not wanting to spoil it for you is a load of old pony ... Clever these kids!
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:17 - Dec 26 with 5310 viewssparks

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:16 - Dec 26 by urbanblue

My daughter is 11. We finally had a chat last week when she told me that her and all her friends know that there is no Santa but keep up the pretence so that they continue to get the presents.

Sorry mate, but the not wanting to spoil it for you is a load of old pony ... Clever these kids!

She wouldn't have told her mum if being cynical. ..

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:23 - Dec 26 with 5289 viewsXYZ

Interesting.

I presume this was a test for your daughter to stick by the family's rigorous evidence-based thinking practices?
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:49 - Dec 26 with 5246 viewsurbanblue

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 00:17 - Dec 26 by sparks

She wouldn't have told her mum if being cynical. ..

Yeah ... Sorry, that sounded a bit harsh. Don't think she was being entirely altruistic though. Funnily enough, my daughter first 'saw' me when she was 9. At the time I thought I convinced her that she had got mixed up and I was just tucking her in although she said that's when she first wondered whether some of the boys at school were right that said it's really your parents.

Have to say we had a laugh with her confession the other day and we're both quite happy to carry on with the pretence.
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 01:26 - Dec 26 with 5227 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I remember when I first realised. I received a pair of trousers from 'Santa', and when my cousin saw them he told me that he saw my Mum and Dad buying them.

When I put 2 and 2 together I was devastated. It really has ruined the day for me.

Poll: Best Football Song

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 01:29 - Dec 26 with 5209 viewsjeera

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 01:26 - Dec 26 by RoyKeanesDog

I remember when I first realised. I received a pair of trousers from 'Santa', and when my cousin saw them he told me that he saw my Mum and Dad buying them.

When I put 2 and 2 together I was devastated. It really has ruined the day for me.

Your 20s can be a difficult time all round mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 08:18 - Dec 26 with 5025 viewsFtnfwest

Well she is 38 after all
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 09:09 - Dec 26 with 4945 viewsxrayspecs

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:59 - Dec 25 by sparks

I dread to think what he might think 7 was marginal for...

Automatic weapon ownership
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 09:28 - Dec 26 with 4892 viewsFixed_It

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 23:53 - Dec 25 by sparks

Whoosh!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 10:47 - Dec 26 with 4774 viewsSporall

Evidence?
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 11:03 - Dec 26 with 4733 viewsBlueBadger

Have you ever read this place before?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 11:19 - Dec 26 with 4710 viewsLord_Lucan

As a family we moved around a bit when I was younger so I can pin point years and ages quite accurately by where we were living at the time.

I must have been around 6 when bastard bigger boy Mark Chambers told me Santa didn't exist so I asked mother. Rather than say "Of course he does dear" she casually said "Well I suppose you had to learn at some time"

I've never got over it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 14:25 - Dec 26 with 4527 viewsjas0999

There is no Santa?
End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 14:26 - Dec 26 with 4523 viewsSwansea_Blue

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 10:47 - Dec 26 by Sporall

Evidence?

The comedy opportunity for irony is wonderful. Sparks playing the character of a bloke who flies around the earth in a sleigh pulled by magic reindeer, quicker than the speed of something really quick, delivering presents to every child in the world by climbing down their chimneys. And who also knows whether every child has been good or bad throughout the whole year.

Made me chuckle anyway. Although the OP is a touching story 👍
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 14:31]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 14:26 - Dec 26 with 4520 viewstractordownsouth

The illusion was broken for me aged 10, so i'm sure she will cope. I appreciate everyone is different though

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 14:46 - Dec 26 with 4491 viewsSpruceMoose

End of an era. It seems my daughter rumbled me playing Santa on 14:26 - Dec 26 by tractordownsouth

The illusion was broken for me aged 10, so i'm sure she will cope. I appreciate everyone is different though

What illusion? What are you all talking about?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024