Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open letter from Lambert to fans. 07:10 - Jan 17 with 29498 viewsReuser_is_God

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-manager-paul-lambert-open-letter-1-585

Superb.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 17:55 - Jan 17 with 4350 viewsLeagueOne

It's almost like meeting the love of your life and knowing that she's the one with Paul Lambert. If this bloke gets back next season regardless of what division he will make it a success here. Evans just needs to invest in this man and wait for the returns. He's not here just to draw a wage, he's come to save the whole damn club.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 19:21 - Jan 17 with 4315 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a great letter and a lovely touch - I really do mean that and clearly having a manager that can connect with the fans is to be welcomed. However, by far the most important part of his role is to win games of football

I still don’t buy this idea that he shouldn’t be judged until next season. He was brought in to keep us up, or at least put up a fight - which hasn’t happened yet. That said the 2 recent wins were a start - although probably the minimum expectation from a slate of home games which included 3 of the bottom 6. Now the job is to build on that and hope that the signings made can galvanise us further and at least give us a shot of staying in the division

I’ve taken some criticism for being negative since Lambert was appointed. I stand by the point that he needs to get results but clearly if he can achieve that then this sort of thing comes as an added bonus without doubt. Here’s hoping he can - and build the sort of legacy here he hasn’t yet managed elsewhere

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 19:25 - Jan 17 with 4307 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:19 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Could you imagine Mick writing this.

I think manager wise we all have got 'What we wished for', just such a shame it took Hurst decimating the squad the first year without a loan window for that to happen and we are now more likely than not to go down!

No - but worth remembering that McCarthy was also at one point being lauded for giving us our club back, think Christmas hampers etc

Probably a case that football supporters are easier to win over when at the bottom, which isn’t to say Lamberts efforts aren’t welcome of course

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 19:31 - Jan 17 with 4300 viewsrkeane

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 19:21 - Jan 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a great letter and a lovely touch - I really do mean that and clearly having a manager that can connect with the fans is to be welcomed. However, by far the most important part of his role is to win games of football

I still don’t buy this idea that he shouldn’t be judged until next season. He was brought in to keep us up, or at least put up a fight - which hasn’t happened yet. That said the 2 recent wins were a start - although probably the minimum expectation from a slate of home games which included 3 of the bottom 6. Now the job is to build on that and hope that the signings made can galvanise us further and at least give us a shot of staying in the division

I’ve taken some criticism for being negative since Lambert was appointed. I stand by the point that he needs to get results but clearly if he can achieve that then this sort of thing comes as an added bonus without doubt. Here’s hoping he can - and build the sort of legacy here he hasn’t yet managed elsewhere

He is saying all the right things since he arrived at the club. I think we would all be deluded to think he is here for the long haul though . He is very clever with winning the fans over at the clubs he's been at . He would also abandon ship Colchester/ Norwich if a better offer was on the table so let's not carried away with 'words'.
If Lambert is still here and being talked about on this Forum in 18/24 months I'd be a amazed.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:19 - Jun 14 with 3894 viewsBluefish

state of this

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:26 - Jun 14 with 3780 viewsKropotkin123

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:19 - Jun 14 by Bluefish

state of this

The open letter to fans was good and still is good in the context of when it was written. When Lambert came in he did say the right things and attempted to address issues that many fans had.

The performances and results haven't been good enough. He should be sacked.

I find your divisive approach here embarrassing and it doesn't help in welcoming more people to your point of view. Frankly, it comes across as a desperate need for validation.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:50 - Jun 14 with 3744 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

state of this

You’ve got back 18 months to right ‘state of this’ on a thread.

Lockdown got you going bat sh*t.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 11:40 - Jun 14 with 3650 viewsArnieM

I suspect this is why Lambert was given a 5 year contract . Off the pitch and around the Club as a whole he had been magnificent, bring the Club back together again and reuniting it with the Community. He just had to get it right in the pitch this coming season with the youngsters and it’ll go a long way to completing the Package for the Club and the supporters .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 11:42 - Jun 14 with 3642 viewsSuperblue95

state of this

Delighted I never uppied or commented on this thread. Quite comical reading it back, especially comments made by people who are very vocal about wanting him out now

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 12:33 - Jun 14 with 3586 viewsPJH

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 11:42 - Jun 14 by Superblue95

Delighted I never uppied or commented on this thread. Quite comical reading it back, especially comments made by people who are very vocal about wanting him out now

Yes, I was pleased to see that I had not posted on the thread eighteen months ago either.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 12:54 - Jun 14 with 3560 viewsitfcjoe

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 12:33 - Jun 14 by PJH

Yes, I was pleased to see that I had not posted on the thread eighteen months ago either.

I'm still fine with what I said 18 months ago. At that point he was reconnecting the fans, we were embedding a style, we'd made a couple of decent signings and thought we were heading in the right direction

Relegation was nailed on, but we looked like we had some wins in us before the end of the season and that we'd come into 19/20 in decent form.

The run of draws against decent sides even later in the season looked like a team with a plan getting pegged back by individual quality we couldn't match./

That plan went out the window though, and I'e lost any faith in him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 12:58 - Jun 14 with 3544 viewsHerbivore

state of this

You trawled back to a thread 18 months ago to try and troll some Ipswich fans. Okay, boomer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:06 - Jun 14 with 3476 viewsBluefish

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 12:58 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

You trawled back to a thread 18 months ago to try and troll some Ipswich fans. Okay, boomer.

clearly the boomer is the one that doesn't comprehend search engines taking 2 seconds to find that. Loads more posts from back then when you were vocally defending him and calling anyone that questioned him a troll. I can do the search engine part for you if you struggle booms

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:10 - Jun 14 with 3475 viewsHerbivore

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:06 - Jun 14 by Bluefish

clearly the boomer is the one that doesn't comprehend search engines taking 2 seconds to find that. Loads more posts from back then when you were vocally defending him and calling anyone that questioned him a troll. I can do the search engine part for you if you struggle booms

Such a tragic loser.

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:11 - Jun 14 with 3474 viewsFifeITFC

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:06 - Jun 14 by Bluefish

Just stick to waiting for Camila Cabello to reschedule her cancelled concert, Simon.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:16 - Jun 14 with 3457 viewsBluefish

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:11 - Jun 14 by FifeITFC

Just stick to waiting for Camila Cabello to reschedule her cancelled concert, Simon.

I love 2 things here. Herbi desperately to resorting to name calling despite the numerous warnings from admin. It shows he has nothing left and you going for personal remarks including names despite the same repeated warnings. I'll leave both to it as you can't defend your arguments

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:20 - Jun 14 with 3449 viewsSpruceMoose

state of this

This is clearly one of those times where you're being a strange lad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:23 - Jun 14 with 3441 viewsHerbivore

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:20 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

This is clearly one of those times where you're being a strange lad.

We all know how this ends up, with Phil going full Thor.

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:28 - Jun 14 with 3419 viewsSpruceMoose

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:23 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

We all know how this ends up, with Phil going full Thor.

First we must endure the stage where Fishers himself begs to be banned (to prove some kind of point known only to himself), then comes spamming the forum with posts that display a serious victim complex, finally comes the grand climax - a forum 'break' enforced by admin after a meltdown. Eventually he comes back and the process begins anew.

Circle of life mate, like the changing of the seasons, regular as clockwork.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:48 - Jun 14 with 3390 viewsBrixtonBlue

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:28 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

First we must endure the stage where Fishers himself begs to be banned (to prove some kind of point known only to himself), then comes spamming the forum with posts that display a serious victim complex, finally comes the grand climax - a forum 'break' enforced by admin after a meltdown. Eventually he comes back and the process begins anew.

Circle of life mate, like the changing of the seasons, regular as clockwork.

The idea that Blubfish is taking the moral high ground on "numerous warnings from admin" is the funniest thing I've read on here in ages.

He's up there with Trump in the delusion stakes.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 17:15 - Jun 14 with 3298 viewsFifeITFC

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 14:16 - Jun 14 by Bluefish

I love 2 things here. Herbi desperately to resorting to name calling despite the numerous warnings from admin. It shows he has nothing left and you going for personal remarks including names despite the same repeated warnings. I'll leave both to it as you can't defend your arguments

I've had no warnings, dear boy. Have you then? And I haven't even tried "defending" my comments from over a year ago. I don't need to dig deep and go back that far in history to try and point score, like you seem you need to validate your very sad, lonely existence on this forum and the world.

Would you like a tissue? Apologies (that's a lie) for having the audacity to use your actual name, but I thought calling you what I would deem you to be more like would get me censored.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 17:23]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 17:29 - Jun 14 with 3274 viewsCokeIsKey

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 17:55 - Jan 17 by LeagueOne

It's almost like meeting the love of your life and knowing that she's the one with Paul Lambert. If this bloke gets back next season regardless of what division he will make it a success here. Evans just needs to invest in this man and wait for the returns. He's not here just to draw a wage, he's come to save the whole damn club.

How’s the divorce going?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 18:42 - Jun 14 with 3197 viewsKeaneish

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 12:58 - Jun 14 by Herbivore

The continued trolling of Town fans whilst posting pictures of himself and Chris Sutton in the public domain beggars belief.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 18:44 - Jun 14 with 3185 viewsBrixtonBlue

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 18:42 - Jun 14 by Keaneish

The continued trolling of Town fans whilst posting pictures of himself and Chris Sutton in the public domain beggars belief.

Really? You got a link?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 19:07 - Jun 14 with 3144 viewsKeaneish

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 18:44 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Really? You got a link?

Messaged it to you.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024