Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just for fun! (referendum) 11:46 - Mar 20 with 6042 viewsFixed_It

OK. So you have two choices:

1. The UK stays within the European Union
2. ITFC stay in the Championship next season

Which way do you vote?

Me - I'd vote for staying in the EU.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:48 - Mar 20 with 5094 viewsJ2BLUE

All or nothing. Heads I get both, tails I get neither. Deal?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:48 - Mar 20 with 5103 viewsDubtractor

Stay in EU.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:49 - Mar 20 with 5096 viewsSouperJim

1- football is important to me, but looking after my family is massively higher on the agenda and I'd rather we didn't take further crazy risks with our economy.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:50 - Mar 20 with 5095 viewsDubtractor

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:48 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

All or nothing. Heads I get both, tails I get neither. Deal?

J2, I don't doubt you've covered this several times already, but what was it that made you switch from leave to remain?

Genuinely interested and not remotely spoiling for an argument.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:50 - Mar 20 with 5093 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Number 1 will have much more bearing on my life, so number 1.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:52 - Mar 20 with 5079 viewsWD19

I vote we cede our territory to China and get promoted to the Premier League.
Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:54 - Mar 20 with 5068 viewsSteve_M

Stay in the EU. IT's far more important to the future direction of the country than football.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:56 - Mar 20 with 5064 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:52 - Mar 20 by WD19

I vote we cede our territory to China and get promoted to the Premier League.

lol. I'm not sure I'd like us to give up on our massive new trading relationship with Lichtenstein though. It's a toughie!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:57 - Mar 20 with 5056 viewsPecker

I voted remain, but I think this country will survive outside the EU. I can't say the same about Ipswich outside the Championship, so I will say Ipswich staying up thanks.
Just a quick question. Can you actually deliver on either of the options?
Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:12 - Mar 20 with 4993 viewsWeWereZombies

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:57 - Mar 20 by Pecker

I voted remain, but I think this country will survive outside the EU. I can't say the same about Ipswich outside the Championship, so I will say Ipswich staying up thanks.
Just a quick question. Can you actually deliver on either of the options?

Well he did say it was just a bit of fun, although when you consider either option there is really nothing funny about it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:23 - Mar 20 with 4952 views26_Paz

I would rather Ipswich get relegated to the conference than for Brexit to be betrayed.

The Paz Man

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:32 - Mar 20 with 4931 viewsHeathlander

UK stays in the EU.

I'm looking forward to League 1.
Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:36 - Mar 20 with 4917 viewsclive_baker

I voted remain, and would again. Although on the spectrum I'm by no means a hard line remainer. On a scale of 1 being Farage and 10 being waving my EU flag outside parliament every day and abusing Rees-Mogg's kids, I'm probably a 7. I can see a future outside of the EU, although there's bound to be a period of uncertainty which in itself will bring risk. Equally though, I'm bothered about being relegated, but not THAT bothered. We've been treading water for years, and it might be nice to be sustainably competitive towards the top of the league again. So on that basis I would say I would choose to remain and sack Brexit off completely.

If you said Ipswich Town folds, or moves out of PR and it's redeveloped for flats, I would choose to save Town.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:36 - Mar 20 with 4911 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:32 - Mar 20 by Heathlander

UK stays in the EU.

I'm looking forward to League 1.

Me too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:38 - Mar 20 with 4905 viewsSpruceMoose

EU. Town will be back in the Championship in a years time. We won't be back in the EU in a years time.

Plus, it'll upset all the right people. All those crowing people who care more about 'winning' than the future of the country will be devastated, and I will love it Geoff, love it, I tell you.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 12:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:54 - Mar 20 with 4842 viewsJ2BLUE

Just for fun! (referendum) on 11:50 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

J2, I don't doubt you've covered this several times already, but what was it that made you switch from leave to remain?

Genuinely interested and not remotely spoiling for an argument.

Lots of reasons. I will bullet point most of them as explaining them will take all day. Basically though it comes down to me not understanding what the EU is and what it does if you want it in a single sentence.

1) It has been a disaster. Our own parliament can't agree on what they want. We are 9 days away from leaving (in theory) and we have no idea what we are asking for.
2) I don't care about freedom of movement. That was never part of my leave vote so now i'm seeing things ruled out because we need to control our borders.
3) I don't like how racists and far right anti-immigrant c units now think they have 17m people standing behind them. Not in my name.
4) Every US president has been pro EU until Trump and likely every president after Trump will be pro EU. I didn't understand how we were seen as their eyes and ears within the EU. If we leave they will develop closer ties with another EU country to do that job for them.
5) The US are going to screw us as part of any trade deal. Even Trump with his Scottish mother is going to screw us hard. I didn't understand the EU food safety rules.
6) I didn't understand the EU worker's rights rules
7) I didn't understand the NI situation.
8) Ireland have 26 other countries standing behind them. A perfect example of why a union is a good idea.
9) Spain will have 26 countries standing behind them when it comes to Gibralter.
10) No more EU support when it comes to the Falklands
11) I didn't understand how many Europe-wide organisations and projects there are. Galileo and medicine being two examples

That will have to do for now. If I had a day to think about it there would probably be 100 reasons. It all comes down to my own ignorance to be completely honest. I have no reason to try and twist it any other way. I got it wrong, big time. I've not only softened in my stance towards the EU but actually finding myself supporting things like a European army. It just makes sense. I got it wrong and if I get the chance I would love to vote the other way and help end this. I truly believe there are many leave voters who know deep down they got it wrong. There seem to be a lot of leave voters, and there is one on here who I won't name, who just want 'Brexit'. We don't know what Brexit is but that is what they want. First they wanted a hard Brexit but then May's deal was the Brexit they wanted. I find it amazing that these people want something for which there is no definition and we don't have a clue what it is. We could have a hard Brexit or we could have the softest of all Brexits. It's like saying you want some food from Tesco. Do you want bacon and eggs? A vegan curry? 47 tubes of Smarties? They are waiting to see what we get so they can say that's what I wanted. It's insane.

I see May has now been accused of betraying the people. This is because she has taken the common sense approach to extend the deadline because we are 9 days away with no clue what we are doing. They keep sending leave politicians and supporters to Sky News and other media outlets and what they come out with makes me cringe. I can't believe they can keep saying it with a straight face.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:10 - Mar 20 with 4762 viewsFixed_It

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:23 - Mar 20 by 26_Paz

I would rather Ipswich get relegated to the conference than for Brexit to be betrayed.

The thing is, Brexit means so many different things to so many people that most people will probably feel betrayed anyway whatever the outcome of this farcical mess. There will be no winners.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:13 - Mar 20 with 4736 viewslowhouseblue

like almost every mp when they triggered article 50, and like all the main parties at the last election, i want to see the referendum result honoured. so i can get that AND town stay up. cool.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 14:15]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:18 - Mar 20 with 4708 viewsDubtractor

Just for fun! (referendum) on 12:54 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

Lots of reasons. I will bullet point most of them as explaining them will take all day. Basically though it comes down to me not understanding what the EU is and what it does if you want it in a single sentence.

1) It has been a disaster. Our own parliament can't agree on what they want. We are 9 days away from leaving (in theory) and we have no idea what we are asking for.
2) I don't care about freedom of movement. That was never part of my leave vote so now i'm seeing things ruled out because we need to control our borders.
3) I don't like how racists and far right anti-immigrant c units now think they have 17m people standing behind them. Not in my name.
4) Every US president has been pro EU until Trump and likely every president after Trump will be pro EU. I didn't understand how we were seen as their eyes and ears within the EU. If we leave they will develop closer ties with another EU country to do that job for them.
5) The US are going to screw us as part of any trade deal. Even Trump with his Scottish mother is going to screw us hard. I didn't understand the EU food safety rules.
6) I didn't understand the EU worker's rights rules
7) I didn't understand the NI situation.
8) Ireland have 26 other countries standing behind them. A perfect example of why a union is a good idea.
9) Spain will have 26 countries standing behind them when it comes to Gibralter.
10) No more EU support when it comes to the Falklands
11) I didn't understand how many Europe-wide organisations and projects there are. Galileo and medicine being two examples

That will have to do for now. If I had a day to think about it there would probably be 100 reasons. It all comes down to my own ignorance to be completely honest. I have no reason to try and twist it any other way. I got it wrong, big time. I've not only softened in my stance towards the EU but actually finding myself supporting things like a European army. It just makes sense. I got it wrong and if I get the chance I would love to vote the other way and help end this. I truly believe there are many leave voters who know deep down they got it wrong. There seem to be a lot of leave voters, and there is one on here who I won't name, who just want 'Brexit'. We don't know what Brexit is but that is what they want. First they wanted a hard Brexit but then May's deal was the Brexit they wanted. I find it amazing that these people want something for which there is no definition and we don't have a clue what it is. We could have a hard Brexit or we could have the softest of all Brexits. It's like saying you want some food from Tesco. Do you want bacon and eggs? A vegan curry? 47 tubes of Smarties? They are waiting to see what we get so they can say that's what I wanted. It's insane.

I see May has now been accused of betraying the people. This is because she has taken the common sense approach to extend the deadline because we are 9 days away with no clue what we are doing. They keep sending leave politicians and supporters to Sky News and other media outlets and what they come out with makes me cringe. I can't believe they can keep saying it with a straight face.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Some pretty reasonable stuff there. I think that pleading ignorance to the full facts is something that almost every voter in the UK has to do on this one and this is the thing that annoys me the most - something like this should never be put to a public vote as voters for neither side were informed enough to make such a huge decision. Simply put, we elect politicians to understand stuff like this and make decisions for us.

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:28 - Mar 20 with 4683 viewsFixed_It

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:18 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

Some pretty reasonable stuff there. I think that pleading ignorance to the full facts is something that almost every voter in the UK has to do on this one and this is the thing that annoys me the most - something like this should never be put to a public vote as voters for neither side were informed enough to make such a huge decision. Simply put, we elect politicians to understand stuff like this and make decisions for us.

Quite.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:41 - Mar 20 with 4653 viewsWeWereZombies

Just for fun! (referendum) on 14:18 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

The pity is that so many politicians, with a few honourable exceptions, have proven that they understand the issues even less than the voters so I guess it is a matter for public debate at least. Not that the debate has been of the highest quality. And if you have referendums on what basically is a trade deal where do you stop? Membership of NATO is more visceral but who would sanction a referendum on that? Maritime areas, how would you even frame that one?

So I think you have to look at the original Anti-Federalist League founder Alan Sked and others like Dennis Skinner and Bill Cash from opposite ends of the political spectrum who all had valid reasons for opposing the Maastricht Treaty. How did erudite criticism get changed into the populist simplifications that now seem to befuddle the dialogue?

Well, Sked was ousted by Nigel Farage after a few years of UKIP and that party took a hard right turn. Farage really only turns up at the European Parliament to disrupt and, to the cost of all, was not taken seriously until the 2016 referendum result. So it is not just British politicians who have failed but European ones too. We can plead that this is all too much for voters to take in but that does not change the fact that we are stuck in this position with no apparent assistance on the way, all we can do is our best to get out of this mess.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 19:00 - Mar 20 with 4518 viewskpblues

On point 2 I would vote for a long extension to the season so we can get some wins and stay in the championship.

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 23:31 - Mar 20 with 4387 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

No brainer, Town staying up.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Just for fun! (referendum) on 23:42 - Mar 20 with 4365 viewsWithnail

Just for fun! (referendum) on 23:31 - Mar 20 by Jonnosdreadlocks

No brainer, Town staying up.

Haha, very good.
Just for fun! (referendum) on 00:32 - Mar 21 with 4346 viewsSpruceMoose

Just for fun! (referendum) on 23:42 - Mar 20 by Withnail

Haha, very good.

I don't think anyone called for sh1t flinging simpletons. Back in your box you two.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024