Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m 14:53 - Apr 2 with 5848 viewsElderGrizzly

Which meant last season they made a profit of £14.6m. So without it they lost £65.4m last season?! 😳

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:01 - Apr 2 with 5775 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rumour has it they're going to do the same again next year 🤪

If ever there was a transparent ploy to avert FFP, this is it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't Barcelona do that with..... on 15:04 - Apr 2 with 5746 viewsBloots

.....their car park every year?

I'm sure they sell it to the council for a huge amount and then buy it back for a pittance.

Bleedin Europeans.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:06 - Apr 2 with 5729 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:01 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

One of their fans just said the loss was ‘only’ just below £30m as the value of the stadium sale is only accounted for as £41m in their accounts? Yet they received £80m.

I’m not an accountant, but all sounds very underhand.

Plus now the club doesn’t own their stadium and Morris is looking to sell them.
Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:07 - Apr 2 with 5709 viewswkj

The next move is for Derby to sell the players to the chairman, may as well have them do some odd jobs around the house seems as they'll never be playing for the club.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:26 - Apr 2 with 5609 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:06 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

One of their fans just said the loss was ‘only’ just below £30m as the value of the stadium sale is only accounted for as £41m in their accounts? Yet they received £80m.

I’m not an accountant, but all sounds very underhand.

Plus now the club doesn’t own their stadium and Morris is looking to sell them.

Does sound a bit iffy. Their profligacy catching up with them at last, so I find it difficult to be sympathetic.

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 17:24 - Apr 2 with 5298 viewsPendejo

Clubs selling their grounds; for the "best" current example of how this can go see Coventry City.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 17:32 - Apr 2 with 5261 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:26 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

Does sound a bit iffy. Their profligacy catching up with them at last, so I find it difficult to be sympathetic.

This will be devastating news to [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] I'm sure.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 18:23 - Apr 2 with 5167 viewsArnieM

So all Derby’s reckless spending season on season is coming home to roost finally .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 18:36 - Apr 2 with 5117 viewsbritbiker

Assume this is a way of potentially avoiding penalties with the EFL which will make it easier to attract a buyer. May also be a way of paying him back some of his lost investment.

Assume he will either sell it on or recieve a decent annual rent.

Either way Derby will at last have to cut their cloth accordingly. Unless of course another owner has large pockets.
Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 20:24 - Apr 2 with 4859 viewsNo9

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 15:01 - Apr 2 by Swansea_Blue

Not necessarily the same but it brings back memories of Leeds & Ridsdale
Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 22:24 - Apr 2 with 4667 viewsBluefish

The ground was listed on their balance sheet as 41 million so they recorded a profit on it of 39 million. They therefore lost 25 million ish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 22:42 - Apr 2 with 4589 viewsbournemouthblue

Didn't Man City do this on a Sponsorship with their owners on their stadium and UEFA weren't impressed?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 08:32 - Apr 3 with 4272 viewsRegencyBlue

The Man City model then although, having said that, didn’t they vastly overprice the naming rights for their stadium rather than actually sell it?

FFP is a toothless tiger which has not and will not ever get to grips with this. Points deductions when it doesn’t really matter and transfer embargo’s nicely timed to minimise their effect certainly won’t do it!
Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:25 - Apr 3 with 4203 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 22:42 - Apr 2 by bournemouthblue

Didn't Man City do this on a Sponsorship with their owners on their stadium and UEFA weren't impressed?

Yep, I don't know what ever came of that. Their owners were pumping in tens of millions disguised as sponsorship.

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:28 - Apr 3 with 4194 viewsOldsmoker

WTF!
Mel Morris owns the club!
...but I've been led to believe that it's Frank Lampards.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:32 - Apr 3 with 4184 viewsitfcjoe

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 22:24 - Apr 2 by Bluefish

The ground was listed on their balance sheet as 41 million so they recorded a profit on it of 39 million. They therefore lost 25 million ish

That sounds much more realistic.

Whatever it is, it's not a good sign for Derby - with the owner wanting out and now being in charge of the ground, plus FFP beginning to bite could see a tough couple of years coming up for them.

They just need to hope mason mount stays fit and fires them to the PL this year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:43 - Apr 3 with 4149 viewsBluefish

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:32 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

That sounds much more realistic.

Whatever it is, it's not a good sign for Derby - with the owner wanting out and now being in charge of the ground, plus FFP beginning to bite could see a tough couple of years coming up for them.

They just need to hope mason mount stays fit and fires them to the PL this year

I don't think mel wants out I think he was just frustrated at throwing money at it and it not working and then being told that he is not allowed to throw more at it. Presumably this makes the ffp problem go away for another 3 years. There is a mad stat somewhere confirmed by the owner about the % of the wage bill being something like 40% taken up by players that don't actually play games.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:46 - Apr 3 with 4127 viewsitfcjoe

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 09:43 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

I don't think mel wants out I think he was just frustrated at throwing money at it and it not working and then being told that he is not allowed to throw more at it. Presumably this makes the ffp problem go away for another 3 years. There is a mad stat somewhere confirmed by the owner about the % of the wage bill being something like 40% taken up by players that don't actually play games.

FFP is a rolling 3 year calculation so they effectively have this year and next season before it starts to bite again if they haven't reigned in spending.

You look at some of their signings, and some of the wages they are on and it is mad - with the amount he spends they should have made it by now - on a footballing side a shame that QPR beat them in PO Final when they were the better team and QPR had over spent by £100m or whatever it was.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 12:42 - Apr 3 with 3933 viewsRyorry

Derby have sold their ground to their owner for £80m on 08:32 - Apr 3 by RegencyBlue

The Man City model then although, having said that, didn’t they vastly overprice the naming rights for their stadium rather than actually sell it?

FFP is a toothless tiger which has not and will not ever get to grips with this. Points deductions when it doesn’t really matter and transfer embargo’s nicely timed to minimise their effect certainly won’t do it!

So much for a "level playing field" eh?!

Manages to be simultaneously scandalous, ridiculous and laughable.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I was thinking the other day... on 17:37 - Apr 3 with 3734 viewsScottCandage

(which can only mean bad news...)

What if some non-related entity (nudge nudge wink wink) were to buy all the seats for the season at an exorbitant price (or one season ticket for like 100 million pounds) then just give away tickets? Then the club has MEGA income. If Derby can sell their ground like that, my ticket scheme should be legal under FFP (or whatever it's called these days).
I was thinking the other day... on 18:24 - Apr 3 with 3677 viewsbournemouthblue

I was thinking the other day... on 17:37 - Apr 3 by ScottCandage

(which can only mean bad news...)

What if some non-related entity (nudge nudge wink wink) were to buy all the seats for the season at an exorbitant price (or one season ticket for like 100 million pounds) then just give away tickets? Then the club has MEGA income. If Derby can sell their ground like that, my ticket scheme should be legal under FFP (or whatever it's called these days).

I like your thinking

Whatever loophole can be found, the very wealthy will find it. This isn't an issue exclusive to the Championship, this goes on all over the place to get around the weak regulations on display

FFP has always seemed to be an excuse for Evans to run us without the kind of investment he first offered when he came in

There's no doubt that his less enthusiastic approach in recent years has led us to where we are now

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024