Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” 14:46 - May 5 with 2641 viewstractorboy1978

Poor little Derby defying all odds.
Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 14:46 - May 5 with 2636 viewsgainsboroughblue

Nation will be behind them big time I am sure.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 14:56 - May 5 with 2582 viewsNthQldITFC

I think 'underdogs' is better, 'under dogs' sounds a bit, well, you know...

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 14:56 - May 5 with 2568 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Uncle 'Arry already lined up to beg for more funds to help with next season's promotion push no doubt. I wonder if their fans are bemoaning a lack of investment in the team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 15:31 - May 5 with 2468 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£11m on two back up strikers, on top of £6m Tom lawrence.

How did he scrape into the play offs with such a shabby team?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 16:36 - May 5 with 2319 viewsbritbiker

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 15:31 - May 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Was a good job that they were able to sell their ground for £80 million, double its book value ...,..,.,,,, to their owner. Handy that it wrote off a potential debt and kept them withing FFP rules.

Maybe they can overspend yet again next year and sell the four corner flags for 30 million and show another profit.

Not saying some teams play outside the rules....
Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 17:08 - May 5 with 2253 viewsGuthrum

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 16:36 - May 5 by britbiker

Was a good job that they were able to sell their ground for £80 million, double its book value ...,..,.,,,, to their owner. Handy that it wrote off a potential debt and kept them withing FFP rules.

Maybe they can overspend yet again next year and sell the four corner flags for 30 million and show another profit.

Not saying some teams play outside the rules....

If it's that far overvalued, there may still be trouble to come from it. You're not allowed to evade FFP by things like unrealistically high sponsorship by your own organisation. That sale sounds pretty similar.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 17:19 - May 5 with 2210 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 17:08 - May 5 by Guthrum

If it's that far overvalued, there may still be trouble to come from it. You're not allowed to evade FFP by things like unrealistically high sponsorship by your own organisation. That sale sounds pretty similar.

If only FFP had any bite though.

I suspect they would be fined about £5000 for it probably.

Maybe a transfer embargo but those don't seem to have hurt the clubs to have suffered them too badly do they?

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 18:14 - May 5 with 2109 viewsSuperblue95

None of the teams in the Play Offs could be classed as underdogs in money terms. Leeds have probably spent the least of the four but I doubt their squad was cheaply assembled

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 18:19 - May 5 with 2092 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 17:19 - May 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

If only FFP had any bite though.

I suspect they would be fined about £5000 for it probably.

Maybe a transfer embargo but those don't seem to have hurt the clubs to have suffered them too badly do they?

Points deductions are surely the only way to go, break the rules? Fine, you'll now be facing a handicap to make up for your unfair advantage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 18:24 - May 5 with 2078 viewsbournemouthblue

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 18:19 - May 5 by BlueBadger

Points deductions are surely the only way to go, break the rules? Fine, you'll now be facing a handicap to make up for your unfair advantage.

Indeed, what is a fine to a team with loads of money. You could simply factor the fine in as another transfer fee essentially?

What's a couple of million to a club who that are prepared to throw £10 - 20 million at promotion?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 20:19 - May 5 with 1935 viewsChurchman

Frank Lampards Derby. They seem to be quite happy to be known as that and FL seems beyond criticism by their supporters. Personally, I think they underachieved, given the side he inherited wasn’t that bad and the money he spent. Reminds me a bit of when Bryan Robson went into management. He was ‘learning’, great player commanding respect as a young manager, just needs a bit of time and ££ etc etc until people realised he was actually hopeless. Maybe FL is the real deal and Derby will make it this year or next and my doubts proved wrong. It will be interesting.
Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 21:59 - May 5 with 1803 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 20:19 - May 5 by Churchman

Frank Lampards Derby. They seem to be quite happy to be known as that and FL seems beyond criticism by their supporters. Personally, I think they underachieved, given the side he inherited wasn’t that bad and the money he spent. Reminds me a bit of when Bryan Robson went into management. He was ‘learning’, great player commanding respect as a young manager, just needs a bit of time and ££ etc etc until people realised he was actually hopeless. Maybe FL is the real deal and Derby will make it this year or next and my doubts proved wrong. It will be interesting.

They have sacked previous managers for not getting into the play-offs repeatedly. He has scraped in where others have failed.

We will probably see whether they class losing the play-offs as equal failure. The amount of money them and Bristol City have thrown at promotion, I think their owners will be disappointed.

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 22:08 - May 5 with 1793 viewsElderGrizzly

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 21:59 - May 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

They have sacked previous managers for not getting into the play-offs repeatedly. He has scraped in where others have failed.

We will probably see whether they class losing the play-offs as equal failure. The amount of money them and Bristol City have thrown at promotion, I think their owners will be disappointed.

How Lee Johnson is still in a job is baffling tbh
Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 22:11 - May 5 with 1787 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 06:28 - May 6 with 1624 viewsm14_blue

Frank Lampard - “we are massive under dogs” on 15:31 - May 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lawrence must be looking at a 2 game ban for successful deception of a match official surely?

Would miss both legs v Leeds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024