Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub crawl with decent local transport links 13:01 - May 10 with 6845 viewsitfcjoe

As it says really....any suggestions.

Got a couple of mates down from London tomorrow (from Ipswich so don't need to be showing anything off) and was thinking of a pub crawl.

Potentially Spring Rd challenge, I live in Kesgrave/Rushmere so works

Or try and do all the pubs in Woodbridge town centre

Anything others would recommend for a good afternoon/evening on a similar vein? Don't mind jumping on a train somewhere

Also, I assume it isn't going to be dreadful weather like it is currently tomorrow as that may scupper things?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:03 - May 10 with 6055 viewsReuser_is_God

On my last planned pub crawl we didn't leave the 1st pub.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:08 - May 10 with 6023 viewsitfcjoe

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:03 - May 10 by Reuser_is_God

On my last planned pub crawl we didn't leave the 1st pub.

More of a pub sit than a pub crawl then.

It doesn't need to be something messy, just a few different venues.

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:09 - May 10 with 6018 viewsReuser_is_God

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:08 - May 10 by itfcjoe

More of a pub sit than a pub crawl then.

It doesn't need to be something messy, just a few different venues.

It certainly was.

Personally if it's a good day I'd get the train to Woodbridge, drink in all the pubs there & then train back to Ipswich & finish up in Arcade.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:12 - May 10 with 5992 viewshomer_123

Done a few in Chelmsford City Centre - not bad and plenty to choose from!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:13 - May 10 with 5982 viewsLord_Lucan

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:09 - May 10 by Reuser_is_God

It certainly was.

Personally if it's a good day I'd get the train to Woodbridge, drink in all the pubs there & then train back to Ipswich & finish up in Arcade.

That is a good shout.

Otherwise it's The Spring Road crawl but you need to divert to The Case is Altered to prevent a barren stretch

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:20 - May 10 with 5955 viewsitfcjoe

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:13 - May 10 by Lord_Lucan

That is a good shout.

Otherwise it's The Spring Road crawl but you need to divert to The Case is Altered to prevent a barren stretch

Yeah - need to go:

Lattice
Brickies
OT
Fat Cat - cut across Nelson Road
Case
Duke of York - down Warwick Road
Water Lily
Dove
Grinning Rat
County
Salutation

Was thinking maybe Bury but a bit too long a slog on the train

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:24 - May 10 with 5935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:20 - May 10 by itfcjoe

Yeah - need to go:

Lattice
Brickies
OT
Case
Water Lily
Dove
Grinning Rat
County
Salutation

Was just about to suggest Bury but the journey is the downside. Decent selection of pubs for a craw though, starting opposite at the Station, down the hill to Beerhouse, up to the Bushel and so forth

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:28 - May 10 with 5919 viewsFenoit

Yeah - need to go:

Lattice
Brickies
OT
Case
Water Lily
Dove
Grinning Rat
County
Salutation

If you can be bothered with the train ride to bury you could do the following;

The station (not great but why not), The Beer House, The Cannon Brewery, The Bushell, LP, Oakes Barn, Rose and Crown. Plenty more en route too.
Login to get fewer ads

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:37 - May 10 with 5886 viewsLord_Lucan

Yeah - need to go:

Lattice
Brickies
OT
Case
Water Lily
Dove
Grinning Rat
County
Salutation

The Woodbridge idea is a good one and you can get a taxi back for about £15 - which is madness as an Ipswich taxi from my house in IP4 to the train station is close to a tenner.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:40 - May 10 with 5867 viewsCOYBitfc

Bury St. Edmunds, lots of nice pubs and a nice change of scene

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:40 - May 10 with 5865 viewsunbelievablue

Yeah - need to go:

Lattice
Brickies
OT
Case
Water Lily
Dove
Grinning Rat
County
Salutation

29 minutes too long a slog?!

Blimey, I've certainly got used to the size of London quickly.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:42 - May 10 with 5841 viewsnsblu1

Classic JF hangover incoming.......
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:53 - May 10 with 5788 viewsmarkand1986

Try a felixstowe one. Start at the white horse Kirton, onto the hand in hand, then the Mariners, onto the half moon, then the falcon, little walk onto Dexters, head to the grosvenor, 129, onto the Alex and then end up on the pier at the excellent boardwalk. Last bus home or taxi it if needs be.
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 14:00 - May 10 with 5768 viewsnsblu1

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:53 - May 10 by markand1986

Try a felixstowe one. Start at the white horse Kirton, onto the hand in hand, then the Mariners, onto the half moon, then the falcon, little walk onto Dexters, head to the grosvenor, 129, onto the Alex and then end up on the pier at the excellent boardwalk. Last bus home or taxi it if needs be.

Or the dirtbox for some late night moves
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 14:00 - May 10 with 5767 viewschicoazul

Just go on the Ipswich Underground.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 14:13 - May 10 with 5730 viewsitfcjoe

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:40 - May 10 by unbelievablue

It's not so much that it's a long way, just my mates are driving back from Colliers Wood to mine and then I can say "Let's get a cab to the station, then a half hour train that only goes once an hour so we may have just missed it to have a few beers", or just jump in a cab to Woodbridge or similar which is 15-20 minutes and then you are there.

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 14:23 - May 10 with 5702 viewsfooters

Train it to Lowestoft and drink super-strength cider on the high street. It's a very popular pastime.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 15:36 - May 10 with 5627 viewsBlueBadger

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:12 - May 10 by homer_123

Done a few in Chelmsford City Centre - not bad and plenty to choose from!

How doable is the Moulsham Street crawl nowafays? In my day living there it was quite the challenge with nearly a dozen boozers to take in, if you were doing side streets as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 15:56 - May 10 with 5583 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 16:15 - May 10 with 5544 viewsfactual_blue

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:28 - May 10 by Fenoit

If you can be bothered with the train ride to bury you could do the following;

The station (not great but why not), The Beer House, The Cannon Brewery, The Bushell, LP, Oakes Barn, Rose and Crown. Plenty more en route too.

You've missed out 'spoons.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 16:16 - May 10 with 5534 viewsBlue_Moses

Yeah - need to go:

Lattice
Brickies
OT
Case
Water Lily
Dove
Grinning Rat
County
Salutation

Finish in Yates?
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 16:44 - May 10 with 5484 viewstown8710

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:40 - May 10 by unbelievablue

Not to bad if you get the train with one stop (stow i think) we will be doing it all next season so much easier than drivinv and parking up
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 17:18 - May 10 with 5438 viewswoodbridge_blue

The Woodbridge pub crawl is a sound plan, done it many times myself.

Best suggestion is get a taxi to The Duke Of York, pretty much an eatery these days but the closest establishment to Ipswich to get started, and a few acceptable lagers. Ten minutes walk to The Cherry Tree, another five to The Anchor, then you're really in business.

Up Quay Street to The Crown, down The Thoroughfare to The Red Lion, round St Johns Street to The Mariners, up New Street to The Bell and Steelyard, and finish on the Market Hill with The Kings Head, The Angel and The Bull.

All of the above are open all day on a Saturday, and The Bull has both BT and Sky should you wish to take in some sport.

Not sure of food options in the pubs themselves, although there's a good chippy near The Crown for around half way, and two Indian restaurants and a Chinese for later on, although booking may be advisable.

If it wasn't for the fact that tomorrow is my daughter's birthday I would happily volunteer to be your guide....have fun!!!
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 21:51 - May 10 with 5246 viewsshamboy

Of course, these things never work well if they are over-organised...
Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 05:26 - May 11 with 5119 viewstextbackup

Pub crawl with decent local transport links on 13:37 - May 10 by Lord_Lucan

The Woodbridge idea is a good one and you can get a taxi back for about £15 - which is madness as an Ipswich taxi from my house in IP4 to the train station is close to a tenner.

went for a meal and drinks at martlesham red lion a while back, taxi home, £14..... I live on the same road and driver didn't even to use his indicators..... I was confused how this cost £14, apparently its the journey from the taxi HQ plus there on after.
should have walked it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024