Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? 02:10 - May 16 with 27868 viewsunstableblue

He is loathsome and completely unaccountable; he is the worst of British. And aligned with all the hate that’s building in the US under Trump.

Farages attacks on the BBC are just sickening - his approach is just to shout down any diligence of his views and history. That’s the Trump method. Are people really going to validate him at the polls? WTF is going on in this country.

Dark times.

This video almost seems like a parody, but for me it sums up the uninformed under current that has got us to this place!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:12 - May 16 with 2027 viewsLord_Lucan

To be fair they did knock his pub down.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:16 - May 16 with 2005 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:12 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

l shall be voting Farage. They give plenty of time to the Tories and Labour , thats going well isnt it ?..........eeeerrrrrrrr, oh !

They give airtime to Labour and the Tories because they are the two biggest parties in the UK parliament by a distance. Farage has tried to get elected to said parliament seven times and has failed seven times. He does not warrant the amount of airtime he's given.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:18 - May 16 with 1988 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:12 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

l shall be voting Farage. They give plenty of time to the Tories and Labour , thats going well isnt it ?..........eeeerrrrrrrr, oh !

Farage gets proportionally more time in the arena of British and European politics considering how little he actually achieves or how little insight he has towards a workable solution.

That's gone shockingly badly for this country.

He gets more time and influence than the Lib Dems. For all their faults, they at least offer an alternative as well as grown-up policies.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:19 - May 16 with 1981 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:16 - May 16 by Herbivore

They give airtime to Labour and the Tories because they are the two biggest parties in the UK parliament by a distance. Farage has tried to get elected to said parliament seven times and has failed seven times. He does not warrant the amount of airtime he's given.

Why not ? What gives you the right to say how much air time he warrants ? Do you run the BBC ?
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:22 - May 16 with 1965 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:18 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Farage gets proportionally more time in the arena of British and European politics considering how little he actually achieves or how little insight he has towards a workable solution.

He gets more time and influence than the Lib Dems. For all their faults, they at least offer an alternative as well as grown-up policies.

The lib dems are a wasted vote. Farage is an alternative too, so dont see your argument there.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:23 - May 16 with 1958 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:18 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Although the last time Farage was leader of a party, that party did gain nearly 5% more of the vote share than the Lib Dems, so hardly a surprise that he gets exposure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:24 - May 16 with 1947 viewslowhouseblue

that's right if they don't give air time to farage this will all go away …

go on, step out of your bubble and try listening to people who don't hold the same views as you. farage only has any relevance because a huge number of people want to use him to express how seriously pissed off they are. farage is a pretty odious git but this really isn't about him.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 11:26]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:25 - May 16 with 1943 viewsStokieBlue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:19 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

Why not ? What gives you the right to say how much air time he warrants ? Do you run the BBC ?

The coverage they get is proportional to their historical success up to a point. Once a threshold has been met (say 3% vote share for instance) then that party should get equal coverage to the other parties which have achieved that vote share.

Farage and the Brexit Party haven't reached these thresholds so he does get a disproportionate amount of airtime.

However there is also an argument that can be made that he has huge popular support from opinion polling putting him above those thresholds and thus he should have similar airtime to the major parties.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:26 - May 16 with 1935 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:19 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

Ah I see, this is your level of debate. I'll bid you good day.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:27 - May 16 with 1922 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:25 - May 16 by StokieBlue

The coverage they get is proportional to their historical success up to a point. Once a threshold has been met (say 3% vote share for instance) then that party should get equal coverage to the other parties which have achieved that vote share.

Farage and the Brexit Party haven't reached these thresholds so he does get a disproportionate amount of airtime.

However there is also an argument that can be made that he has huge popular support from opinion polling putting him above those thresholds and thus he should have similar airtime to the major parties.

SB

Everyone should get equal then. Thats how it should work. No ifs or buts, just straight down the middle.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:28 - May 16 with 1910 viewsunstableblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:12 - May 16 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair they did knock his pub down.

I think they’re actually rebuilding it... I think he’s worried about losing the character of the wonky roof! Bloody immigrants!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:28 - May 16 with 1909 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:26 - May 16 by Herbivore

Ah I see, this is your level of debate. I'll bid you good day.

You dragged me down to this level, so dont take the moral high ground mate.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:30 - May 16 with 1881 viewsStokieBlue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:27 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

Everyone should get equal then. Thats how it should work. No ifs or buts, just straight down the middle.

Well I've clearly just shown that's not how it works.

It's also not how it should work. You are saying that I could create a party which says that if you have the MMR you turn into a purple lizard and that I should get equal airtime.

That's clearly nonsense.

SB

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:31 - May 16 with 1875 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:28 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

If I swapped my brain for a soggy teabag I still wouldn't be down at your level.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:32 - May 16 with 1872 viewsLord_Lucan

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:28 - May 16 by unstableblue

I think they’re actually rebuilding it... I think he’s worried about losing the character of the wonky roof! Bloody immigrants!!!

Oh, I thought it was going to be a nursery for black people.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:33 - May 16 with 1857 viewsLord_Lucan

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:28 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

I wish everyone would change the fecking subject, it's so boring. Day in and day out the same people talking sh1te from all angles.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:34 - May 16 with 1847 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:30 - May 16 by StokieBlue

Well I've clearly just shown that's not how it works.

It's also not how it should work. You are saying that I could create a party which says that if you have the MMR you turn into a purple lizard and that I should get equal airtime.

That's clearly nonsense.

SB

democracy and all that says it should be equal, oh wait, there is no democracy in this country anymore................
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:36 - May 16 with 1837 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:31 - May 16 by Herbivore

If I swapped my brain for a soggy teabag I still wouldn't be down at your level.

As l said, thats your level of debate. Good day, now go back to your school lessons, and stop texting during class time.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:42 - May 16 with 1805 viewsflimflam

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:43 - May 16 by Herbivore

People were saying the same about UKIP and look at where they are now. If you'd vote at a GE for a party with no policies then good on you, that's not really my bag though.

So you really believe they will contest every seat in a general election with no policies in place? I must of missed the fact there is one coming up soon. You can be sure they will have a full manifesto and unlike other parties would actually stick to what they put forward if the chance however unlikely it seems at this moment arises.

The more people like your fine self shout them down the stronger they will become, thought you might of realised that by now chap.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:42 - May 16 with 1802 viewsStokieBlue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:34 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

democracy and all that says it should be equal, oh wait, there is no democracy in this country anymore................

I'd be interested to see how you think democracy is connected to airtime. I'm not sure your argument as it stands makes sense.

I'd also argue that someone spreading provable lies shouldn't be given the same airtime as someone who isn't.

SB

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:50 - May 16 with 1772 viewsHennikerBlu

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:35 - May 16 by Herbivore

If they listened back that would help tremendously. This nonsense is getting pretty worn now. Blame the liars on the far right for promising people unicorns, don't blame the people that see through their lies.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 9:37]

On that basis should we blame the remain liars that constantly paint the EU as a wonderful utopia, where corporations act only on the interests of the poor and weak and German banks are a force for good...…..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/15/tax-authorities-mount-raids-on-
[Post edited 16 May 2019 11:51]
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:51 - May 16 with 1768 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:50 - May 16 by HennikerBlu

On that basis should we blame the remain liars that constantly paint the EU as a wonderful utopia, where corporations act only on the interests of the poor and weak and German banks are a force for good...…..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/15/tax-authorities-mount-raids-on-
[Post edited 16 May 2019 11:51]

That post would have more credibility if any of it was actually based on reality.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:53 - May 16 with 1756 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:42 - May 16 by flimflam

So you really believe they will contest every seat in a general election with no policies in place? I must of missed the fact there is one coming up soon. You can be sure they will have a full manifesto and unlike other parties would actually stick to what they put forward if the chance however unlikely it seems at this moment arises.

The more people like your fine self shout them down the stronger they will become, thought you might of realised that by now chap.

I'll continue to shout them down, they're a bunch of charlatans. I like how you think Farage's party will stick to what they promise, yes good old Nige has a history of sticking to his word.....

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 12:17 - May 16 with 1707 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:22 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

The lib dems are a wasted vote. Farage is an alternative too, so dont see your argument there.

He's an alternative without actually offering an alternative. That's the problem with him.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 12:19 - May 16 with 1702 viewspickles110564

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:42 - May 16 by StokieBlue

I'd be interested to see how you think democracy is connected to airtime. I'm not sure your argument as it stands makes sense.

I'd also argue that someone spreading provable lies shouldn't be given the same airtime as someone who isn't.

SB

Tony Blair
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024