Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? 02:10 - May 16 with 27874 viewsunstableblue

He is loathsome and completely unaccountable; he is the worst of British. And aligned with all the hate that’s building in the US under Trump.

Farages attacks on the BBC are just sickening - his approach is just to shout down any diligence of his views and history. That’s the Trump method. Are people really going to validate him at the polls? WTF is going on in this country.

Dark times.

This video almost seems like a parody, but for me it sums up the uninformed under current that has got us to this place!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:03 - May 16 with 1817 viewslowhouseblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:26 - May 16 by Herbivore

You're so weird.

cheers. having read your work for a long time i'll take that as a compliment.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:04 - May 16 with 1807 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:50 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure you are 100% right when you say UKIP was a protest vote. Think we all know at least one poster, or former poster, who in UKIP found s political party that reflected their views.

With regards to your second paragraph you can't just blame Reece-Moggs and co. The Labour Party have adopted a position on Brexit designed to improve their prospects of forming a future government. They are not supporting May's deal for two reasons. Firstly simply because it is May's deal and secondly the majority of Labour MPs represents constituencies, outside of London, that voted Leave.

As for retreading muddy waters isn't that what you are doing?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 9:55]

Re: the rest. Yes I can blame Rees-Mogg, David Davis and other prominent Brexiteers who had their hands on the levers of power and fecked it up. So stuck in their ideological and outdated views, and so ignorant of their own incompetence, they basically botched it.

I'm not re-treading anything. I'm just reacting to the same jokers and con-men repeating the same populist soundbites and playing the same tricks to keep pretending they have a solution. If you actually read what Farage et al say, they've been going round in circles and changing their minds about what they want for years.

But as I say, this is the game of politics at its absolute and most pointless worst.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:06 - May 16 with 1792 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:03 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

cheers. having read your work for a long time i'll take that as a compliment.

It wasn't intended as one. You happily turn a blind eye to genuine bigotry and intolerance on the right, you excuse and justify the rise of the right. Instead you rail against those who are vocal in opposing the rise of the right. You are the problem, you're more concerned about perceived intolerance of unpleasant political views than you are about actual intolerance of actual people. Shame on you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:09 - May 16 with 1785 viewstrncbluearmy

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 02:25 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

The bigots are emboldened.

They need stamping out.

yes as are millions
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:13 - May 16 with 1773 viewsPinewoodblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:06 - May 16 by Herbivore

It wasn't intended as one. You happily turn a blind eye to genuine bigotry and intolerance on the right, you excuse and justify the rise of the right. Instead you rail against those who are vocal in opposing the rise of the right. You are the problem, you're more concerned about perceived intolerance of unpleasant political views than you are about actual intolerance of actual people. Shame on you.

You clearly represent the intolerant left.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:18 - May 16 with 1749 viewsballycastle

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:06 - May 16 by Herbivore

You are so dazed that you can not see that you are everything that you hate, it is tragically funny.

Extremist bigot.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:18 - May 16 with 1748 viewsflimflam

So what is the problem of being right of politics?

You seem to assume everyone voting Brexit is far right which is not the case.

These threads are boring now as the same faces coming out with the same condescending drivel over and over and over.

Face facts, Brexit party will smash the EU elections and will contest and probably win some too, all the seats in the next GE.

They are not a protest vote and are here to stay and who is to say in the future when Brexit is over they dont change their name and become one of the main political parties.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:22 - May 16 with 1727 viewsNo9

What Mr Farage has doen is to illuminate the fact many British people do NOT know what they are voting for and probably don't care.
the brexit party only has one policy - to get out of the EU.
Anyone who has taken any notice at all of governmental proceedings should really have learned that you can't get out of the EU by voting / not voting in the EU parliament.
The upcoming EU elections have mystified a lot of Farage supporters who he is asking to vote for in in an 'undemocratic' system - what is voting about Nigel?
If people really want to leave the EU and understand what leaving the EU really means they should take their case to the Westminster MP NOT an MEP.
Labout have not made a good case either way with their supporters and the Tories are now counting how much they are going to lose in corporate contributions.
Never forget that in the EU parliament Mr Farage's conduct has damaged the UK
Login to get fewer ads

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:22 - May 16 with 1726 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:18 - May 16 by ballycastle

You are so dazed that you can not see that you are everything that you hate, it is tragically funny.

Extremist bigot.

I don't remotely care what you think, I'm enjoying living rent free in your head though.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:22 - May 16 with 1724 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:01 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

sadly politically disenfranchised would place me with about 80% of voters at present. as you constantly demonstrate, the narrowness, intolerance and bigotry of a part of the left at present is pretty repulsive. the brexit debate has really opened my eyes to some of the pure hatefulness that some people who claim to be liberal and progressive are capable.

That's a shame. I'd have thought it a good time for some introspection.

Perhaps then you'd have some insight into the long-term structural damage main parties have caused over the years by paying lip service to the needs of the country as a whole. You've been so busy creaming yourselves over election results in middle-class marginals, you've left whole swathes of the country (classes, regions and industries) behind.

You got what you deserved for that in Scotland. And you're getting it here in England now although unfortunately that's also been hijacked and sidetracked by some pretty base and populist identity politics.

So a little strange and insulting to be embracing their needs and concerns now.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:22 - May 16 with 1723 viewsvilanovablue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:50 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure you are 100% right when you say UKIP was a protest vote. Think we all know at least one poster, or former poster, who in UKIP found s political party that reflected their views.

With regards to your second paragraph you can't just blame Reece-Moggs and co. The Labour Party have adopted a position on Brexit designed to improve their prospects of forming a future government. They are not supporting May's deal for two reasons. Firstly simply because it is May's deal and secondly the majority of Labour MPs represents constituencies, outside of London, that voted Leave.

In fairness if all of the Conservatives, DUP and a handful of Labour Brexit supporters had supported May's deal it would easily have got over the line. The ERG and DUP have largely been responsible for clouding the water and essentially making it very difficult to get anything over the line.

The nearest thing that got support was some of the indicative votes and even then MP's were voting from a politically motivated perspective rather than actually trying to find a solution.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:29]
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:32 - May 16 with 1697 viewsballycastle

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:22 - May 16 by Herbivore

I don't remotely care what you think, I'm enjoying living rent free in your head though.

That hackneyed line again? You need new material, better get back to your catamite keeper for a reboot.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:34 - May 16 with 1683 viewsNo9

You say you can't blame Rees-Mog & Co?
Have you been watching the debates? It is R-M & his ERG that have consitently, with the DUP voted down government proposals.

&, I posted , just after Mr May announced what her proposal was, that it couldn't work - read it.

Blaming labour is not understanding what parliament is doing, nor how the changes to parliamentary procedures after the 2010 election has made it more difficult for the opposition (what shpuld the opposition do ?) parties to get anywhere.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:35 - May 16 with 1679 viewscaught-in-limbo

I haven't worked out who Farage works for yet, but it certainly isn't for normal Brits.

There's a swell in far right nationalism across Europe (VOX is the Spanish equivalent) right now and I think it's being engineered.

The European elections have never been hyped this much in my lifetime. We (Brits) shouldn't even be voting after the Brexit result.

I think it's all part of our EU masters to restructure the EU into even less accountable Federal States: a United States of Europe.

Dark times indeed.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:36 - May 16 with 1672 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:32 - May 16 by ballycastle

That hackneyed line again? You need new material, better get back to your catamite keeper for a reboot.

My old material is still having the desired effect, thanks babe.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:41 - May 16 with 1655 viewsNo9

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:35 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

I haven't worked out who Farage works for yet, but it certainly isn't for normal Brits.

There's a swell in far right nationalism across Europe (VOX is the Spanish equivalent) right now and I think it's being engineered.

The European elections have never been hyped this much in my lifetime. We (Brits) shouldn't even be voting after the Brexit result.

I think it's all part of our EU masters to restructure the EU into even less accountable Federal States: a United States of Europe.

Dark times indeed.

You haven't worked out who Farage is working for?
He's part of the right wing group that wants the UK to become a part of the USA.

Read some of the stuff by Redwood, Raab, Truss et al thenlook at Rees-Moggs company activities.

The ideals have nothing whatsoever to do with supporting the UK merely how to get it to become the next American state WHY do you think the brexit backers spend so much time in America - although Banks seems to prefer Russian company.

Don't look at what the front men are saying look at the people in the shadows the links - have you not looked at cambridge A & the links in the USA?
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:43 - May 16 with 1640 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:18 - May 16 by flimflam

So what is the problem of being right of politics?

You seem to assume everyone voting Brexit is far right which is not the case.

These threads are boring now as the same faces coming out with the same condescending drivel over and over and over.

Face facts, Brexit party will smash the EU elections and will contest and probably win some too, all the seats in the next GE.

They are not a protest vote and are here to stay and who is to say in the future when Brexit is over they dont change their name and become one of the main political parties.

People were saying the same about UKIP and look at where they are now. If you'd vote at a GE for a party with no policies then good on you, that's not really my bag though.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:48 - May 16 with 1615 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:41 - May 16 by No9

You haven't worked out who Farage is working for?
He's part of the right wing group that wants the UK to become a part of the USA.

Read some of the stuff by Redwood, Raab, Truss et al thenlook at Rees-Moggs company activities.

The ideals have nothing whatsoever to do with supporting the UK merely how to get it to become the next American state WHY do you think the brexit backers spend so much time in America - although Banks seems to prefer Russian company.

Don't look at what the front men are saying look at the people in the shadows the links - have you not looked at cambridge A & the links in the USA?

I don't think anyone of influence works for the USA. Most national boundaries serve only used to promote nationalism, a need to vote to strengthen the illusion of democracy and to fuel consumerism for large sporting events.

I'm not as convinced that the US and the EU are such opposing entities as you believe.

#toxic

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:54 - May 16 with 1585 viewsNo9

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:48 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

I don't think anyone of influence works for the USA. Most national boundaries serve only used to promote nationalism, a need to vote to strengthen the illusion of democracy and to fuel consumerism for large sporting events.

I'm not as convinced that the US and the EU are such opposing entities as you believe.

If Farage isn't working for the USA why does he spend so much time licking Trumps arse?
If your theory is correct why is Steve bannon spending so much time trying to undemine the EU?
To support your theory have you looked at the relationship between Cambridge Analytica, their partners & US companies / political organisations?
Why are Raab / Truss / Patel so anti Britain ?
Why is no one looking at all this stuff
Why have the tories NOT pushed the police to investigate what the Electoral Commission (starved of funds) can't do?
If the Establishment were not behind this it would have been a damp squib years ago
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:56 - May 16 with 1576 viewslowhouseblue

i don't ' turn a blind eye to genuine bigotry and intolerance on the right' or 'excuse and justify the rise of the right'. it's just that elements of the bigotry on the right are pretty much mirrored in some on the left - bigots takes many forms and I object to them all.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:01 - May 16 with 1555 viewsNo9

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:56 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

i don't ' turn a blind eye to genuine bigotry and intolerance on the right' or 'excuse and justify the rise of the right'. it's just that elements of the bigotry on the right are pretty much mirrored in some on the left - bigots takes many forms and I object to them all.

You really do need to look at the big picture
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:07 - May 16 with 1539 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:54 - May 16 by No9

If Farage isn't working for the USA why does he spend so much time licking Trumps arse?
If your theory is correct why is Steve bannon spending so much time trying to undemine the EU?
To support your theory have you looked at the relationship between Cambridge Analytica, their partners & US companies / political organisations?
Why are Raab / Truss / Patel so anti Britain ?
Why is no one looking at all this stuff
Why have the tories NOT pushed the police to investigate what the Electoral Commission (starved of funds) can't do?
If the Establishment were not behind this it would have been a damp squib years ago

Why do you think Trump is working for the USA?

#toxic

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:09 - May 16 with 1534 viewsStokieBlue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:35 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

Dark times indeed.

You may well be right with all of that.

Interestingly though the past decade has pretty much shown that the EU needs to be a federalised USE in order to work. Having a single currency with different economic policies each serving the need of that country just doesn't work because the central bank can't take actions that will be harmonious with all those differing policies.

I don't think the EU in it's current form is likely to survive another 50 years. A USE which had the buy in of all member states and populations could and would be a superpower up there with the US and China.

I'm not saying I support it (I've not thought about it enough) but I am saying it's probably the only way it's all going to work out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:11 - May 16 with 1526 viewsDarth_Koont

Well said.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 11:12 - May 16 with 1521 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:11 - May 16 by Herbivore

Agreed, they should be criticised for giving way too much airtime and coverage to the likes of Farage.

l shall be voting Farage. They give plenty of time to the Tories and Labour , thats going well isnt it ?..........eeeerrrrrrrr, oh !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024