Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? 02:10 - May 16 with 27867 viewsunstableblue

He is loathsome and completely unaccountable; he is the worst of British. And aligned with all the hate that’s building in the US under Trump.

Farages attacks on the BBC are just sickening - his approach is just to shout down any diligence of his views and history. That’s the Trump method. Are people really going to validate him at the polls? WTF is going on in this country.

Dark times.

This video almost seems like a parody, but for me it sums up the uninformed under current that has got us to this place!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:14 - May 16 with 3533 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 07:30 - May 16 by pickles110564

If the Tories and Labour and carried out what they promised Farage would not be around now!

You do realise we would have left by now if not for the Farage-esque members of the ERG? It's your fellow Brexiteers who blocked Brexit, pickles. As per the hard of thinking are blaming all the wrong people.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:16 - May 16 with 3525 viewsballycastle

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:12 - May 16 by footers

We understand, and have understood, their reasons and disagree.

It's time to stop infantilising grown adults. Why should the rest of the country bow to a bunch of fruit cakes?

If labour were to win the next GE, the whole country would have to bow to fruitcakes at the very peak of fruitcakery, so with the Brexit party and labour that is roughly 60% of the country, madness I tell thee utter madness.
Nigel spawned a monster... on 09:16 - May 16 with 3524 viewsHerbivore

Nigel spawned a monster... on 08:36 - May 16 by ShropshireBluenago09

Farage has been in politics way before Trump

You mean man of the people Nigel Farage is actually a longstanding part of the political establishment? Surely not!

Nigel spawned a monster... on 09:21 - May 16 with 3497 viewsm14_blue

No sh1t Sherlock.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:22 - May 16 with 3489 viewslowhouseblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:12 - May 16 by footers

It's time to stop infantilising grown adults. Why should the rest of the country bow to a bunch of fruit cakes?

but you don't seem to get that insulting people won't make this go away. the failure to deliver what 17.4 million voted for is not a small matter - and the political frustration alienation and anger of a very large number is very real. why should the rest of the country bow when it loses a vote? - well it's how democracy works i'm afraid. the view of remain supporters that they are far too clever for any that to apply to them is a big part of the problem.

i voted to remain - my side lost.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:24 - May 16 with 3476 viewsPinewoodblue

A vote for the Brexit party is nothing more than a protest vote. There are around 200 MPs who have voted, on Brexit, counter to the wishes of their electorate.

The hardline nutters will vote for UKIP.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:25 - May 16 with 3467 viewscrunchie1978

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 08:35 - May 16 by COYBitfc

Rightly or wrongly people will be drawn to some/all of what he says he represents due to the complete and utter incompetence of the Conservative and Labour MPs. The $h*t show they've played out since the referendum is nothing short of diabolical, very few genuine members within each party who hold the interest of the nation at the centre of what they claim to represent, most in it for personal gain...... So you can understand why frustrated people will look elsewhere can't you?

Some of these on here wont....they are far to entrenched in their ideology to think out of the box.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:26 - May 16 with 3462 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:22 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

but you don't seem to get that insulting people won't make this go away. the failure to deliver what 17.4 million voted for is not a small matter - and the political frustration alienation and anger of a very large number is very real. why should the rest of the country bow when it loses a vote? - well it's how democracy works i'm afraid. the view of remain supporters that they are far too clever for any that to apply to them is a big part of the problem.

You're so weird.

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel spawned a monster... on 09:28 - May 16 with 3459 viewsGuthrum

Altho it's only relatively recently he's been taking this attitude towards the press. Previously he courted every opportunity to be filmed or recorded.

Tho I think that has as much to do with the fact he is now encountering the full press scrutiny of a frontline politician, rather than being humoured as an entertaining maverick. It is casting a harsh light on the flimsy one-dimentionality of his political position and he lacks the skills of obfustication to bluster his way through.

Much the same as with Boris Johnson, who has gone from the "zany and eccentric Mayor of London" to being brutally skewered for his failures in maneuvering for the Leadership and as Foreign Secretary.

There is a certain section of the populace who love them all the more for their media martyrdom, the kind of people who are convinced the press is dreadfully biased because it doesn't exactly reflect their own hardline position (of whichever side).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:30 - May 16 with 3446 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because we live in a democracy and they look set to vote in large numbers

30%+ of the population are not racist simpleton fruitcakes. Maybe if people took more time to actually listen to others rather than just dismissing them votes might actually go the way you want

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:31 - May 16 with 3433 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd be quite happy if we stopped promoting him. All we're doing is giving him the attention he craves.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:33 - May 16 with 3431 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:24 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

A vote for the Brexit party is nothing more than a protest vote. There are around 200 MPs who have voted, on Brexit, counter to the wishes of their electorate.

The hardline nutters will vote for UKIP.

I don't get the distinction between the two. UKIP has always been a protest vote too.

If they feel strongly about it, people should be voting against the Brexiteers who screwed up Brexit (Rees-Mogg, Davis, Raab et al) and for someone who knows how to deliver Brexit.

That party isn't the Brexit Party and that person isn't Farage who is now talking exactly like the ERG lot who ended up sabotaging the whole thing. So, a vote for the Brexit Party is pretty meaningless as it doesn't actually show a way forward. It's just retreading the same muddy ground.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:34 - May 16 with 3421 viewsfooters

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:22 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

why should the rest of the country bow when it loses a vote?

Because the vote was purely advisory and Brexit is political and economic suicide.

I'm glad you're so relaxed about that. Maybe you're of an age where it won't really matter to you, I dunno. But seems a strange stance to take when you know it's the wrong decision.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:35 - May 16 with 3418 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:30 - May 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because we live in a democracy and they look set to vote in large numbers

30%+ of the population are not racist simpleton fruitcakes. Maybe if people took more time to actually listen to others rather than just dismissing them votes might actually go the way you want

If they listened back that would help tremendously. This nonsense is getting pretty worn now. Blame the liars on the far right for promising people unicorns, don't blame the people that see through their lies.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 9:37]

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:35 - May 16 with 3417 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:31 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

I'd be quite happy if we stopped promoting him. All we're doing is giving him the attention he craves.

Indeed. As per, he's taking a problem and the solution is for him to keep stealing airtime and a living.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:36 - May 16 with 3415 viewsfactual_blue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 02:25 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

The bigots are emboldened.

They need stamping out.

And you have the hooves to do it. Your destiny is calling you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:38 - May 16 with 3412 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:34 - May 16 by footers

Because the vote was purely advisory and Brexit is political and economic suicide.

I'm glad you're so relaxed about that. Maybe you're of an age where it won't really matter to you, I dunno. But seems a strange stance to take when you know it's the wrong decision.

Lowers is really talking about himself. Marginalised, disenfranchised but struggling to have a point or admit that his politics is part of the problem not the solution.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:46 - May 16 with 3372 viewsGuthrum

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:33 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

I don't get the distinction between the two. UKIP has always been a protest vote too.

If they feel strongly about it, people should be voting against the Brexiteers who screwed up Brexit (Rees-Mogg, Davis, Raab et al) and for someone who knows how to deliver Brexit.

That party isn't the Brexit Party and that person isn't Farage who is now talking exactly like the ERG lot who ended up sabotaging the whole thing. So, a vote for the Brexit Party is pretty meaningless as it doesn't actually show a way forward. It's just retreading the same muddy ground.

UKIP nowadays is a very different beast to 2016 (let alone a decade or so before that). It has become essentially an anti-immigrant, anti-muslim party closer to the BNP at the height of their electoral acceptability in 2009. They will get some votes upon name recognition, but Farage will seek to hoover up as many of those as possible using his personal profile.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:46 - May 16 with 3364 viewslowhouseblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:34 - May 16 by footers

well it's not suicide is it. with the may deal the most we're talking about is a different growth rate going forward. hey - lower growth makes it a very green initiative. so toning down language would help.

i didn't support it but my side lost. I now think the damage done by ignoring / belittling / overriding / and disenfranchising the 17.4 million who voted to leave will far outweigh the economic cost.

I suspect that with the crew on here who constantly attack leavers it's become a snobbery thing where they need to reassue themselves that they're better than others?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:49 - May 16 with 3351 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:35 - May 16 by Herbivore

If they listened back that would help tremendously. This nonsense is getting pretty worn now. Blame the liars on the far right for promising people unicorns, don't blame the people that see through their lies.

Those liars on the far right are only able to attract people as their issues and concerns have been ignored for so long by the mainstream

I genuinely find it staggering that supposedly intelligent people still can’t see that, but there you go

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:50 - May 16 with 3343 viewsPinewoodblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:33 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Not sure you are 100% right when you say UKIP was a protest vote. Think we all know at least one poster, or former poster, who in UKIP found s political party that reflected their views.

With regards to your second paragraph you can't just blame Reece-Moggs and co. The Labour Party have adopted a position on Brexit designed to improve their prospects of forming a future government. They are not supporting May's deal for two reasons. Firstly simply because it is May's deal and secondly the majority of Labour MPs represents constituencies, outside of London, that voted Leave.

As for retreading muddy waters isn't that what you are doing?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 9:55]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:52 - May 16 with 3336 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:46 - May 16 by Guthrum

UKIP nowadays is a very different beast to 2016 (let alone a decade or so before that). It has become essentially an anti-immigrant, anti-muslim party closer to the BNP at the height of their electoral acceptability in 2009. They will get some votes upon name recognition, but Farage will seek to hoover up as many of those as possible using his personal profile.

Sure. But those undercurrents were always there. And it's always been about protest rather than any vision for the country going forward. That's the comparison with the Brexit Party.

In any case, UKIP were getting 27.5% of the European election vote before and now it looks like the vast majority of those have just moved to the Brexit Party.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:54 - May 16 with 3321 viewsbrazil1982

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:35 - May 16 by Herbivore

The far-right? You mean the NF and BNP?
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:58 - May 16 with 3295 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:50 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure you are 100% right when you say UKIP was a protest vote. Think we all know at least one poster, or former poster, who in UKIP found s political party that reflected their views.

With regards to your second paragraph you can't just blame Reece-Moggs and co. The Labour Party have adopted a position on Brexit designed to improve their prospects of forming a future government. They are not supporting May's deal for two reasons. Firstly simply because it is May's deal and secondly the majority of Labour MPs represents constituencies, outside of London, that voted Leave.

As for retreading muddy waters isn't that what you are doing?
[Post edited 16 May 2019 9:55]

At European election level it was a protest vote as the numbers more than halved for general elections.

I'd even argue at GE level it was more a protest vote than anything else but it's the current elections and intentions I'm really looking at.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:01 - May 16 with 3282 viewslowhouseblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 09:38 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Lowers is really talking about himself. Marginalised, disenfranchised but struggling to have a point or admit that his politics is part of the problem not the solution.

sadly politically disenfranchised would place me with about 80% of voters at present. as you constantly demonstrate, the narrowness, intolerance and bigotry of a part of the left at present is pretty repulsive. the brexit debate has really opened my eyes to some of the pure hatefulness that some people who claim to be liberal and progressive are capable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024