Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? 02:10 - May 16 with 27869 viewsunstableblue

He is loathsome and completely unaccountable; he is the worst of British. And aligned with all the hate that’s building in the US under Trump.

Farages attacks on the BBC are just sickening - his approach is just to shout down any diligence of his views and history. That’s the Trump method. Are people really going to validate him at the polls? WTF is going on in this country.

Dark times.

This video almost seems like a parody, but for me it sums up the uninformed under current that has got us to this place!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 13:32 - May 16 with 2543 viewsSpruceMoose

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 12:20 - May 16 by pickles110564

What? He is saying leave on WTO terms, which is what we should have done all along.

Why? Tell me why Pickles. Why is that a good idea? Do you actually know or are you just parroting what you heard?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 13:57 - May 16 with 2504 viewsHerbivore

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 13:32 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

Why? Tell me why Pickles. Why is that a good idea? Do you actually know or are you just parroting what you heard?

I'm not sure Pickles will answer this, just like he won't answer why he feels there is no Irish border problem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:03 - May 16 with 2491 viewsSpruceMoose

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 13:57 - May 16 by Herbivore

I'm not sure Pickles will answer this, just like he won't answer why he feels there is no Irish border problem.

He downvoted it, so he's seen it. He hasn't answered though.

I suspect I've mugged him off here. Exposed him for the intellectual fraud he is. The fact is, I doubt he could write a simple paragraph on what the WTO actually is, let alone explain why he thinks it would benefit the UK.

These fukin guys. So arrogantly confident in the sanctity of their own opinion, but too God damn lazy or too God damn stupid to understand what is is they actually think.

This is why your average Brexit party voter gets called stupid. Because they are, and the rest of us are sick of having to pander to their intellectual laziness.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:11 - May 16 with 2466 viewsfooters

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:03 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

I suspect I've mugged him off here. Exposed him for the intellectual fraud he is. The fact is, I doubt he could write a simple paragraph on what the WTO actually is, let alone explain why he thinks it would benefit the UK.

These fukin guys. So arrogantly confident in the sanctity of their own opinion, but too God damn lazy or too God damn stupid to understand what is is they actually think.

This is why your average Brexit party voter gets called stupid. Because they are, and the rest of us are sick of having to pander to their intellectual laziness.

The only major countries which trade on WTO terms are Russia and China. The WTO is disintegrating. Its processes for policing and negotiating trade deals have come under huge scrutiny recently and is widely seen as being ineffective, at best. Many member states have pushed for drastic reform.

Why would operating under their antiquated rules benefit the UK when we could have much more dynamic, forward-thinking trade deals of our own, or as part of the EU?

Again, not something we're likely to get an answer to.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:15 - May 16 with 2454 viewsSpruceMoose

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:11 - May 16 by footers

The only major countries which trade on WTO terms are Russia and China. The WTO is disintegrating. Its processes for policing and negotiating trade deals have come under huge scrutiny recently and is widely seen as being ineffective, at best. Many member states have pushed for drastic reform.

Why would operating under their antiquated rules benefit the UK when we could have much more dynamic, forward-thinking trade deals of our own, or as part of the EU?

Again, not something we're likely to get an answer to.

Perhaps Pickles could have a crack at this one. Or maybe he'll stand us up again like at the Birmingham game...

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:15 - May 16 with 2453 viewsDarth_Koont

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:03 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

"This is why your average Brexit party voter gets called stupid. Because they are, and the rest of us are sick of having to pander to their intellectual laziness."

Yep. In a nutshell. And the smarter Brexiteers know this but it serves their purpose to ignore it or even use it to raise support for their real agenda i.e. themselves.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nigel spawned a monster... on 14:38 - May 16 with 2421 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nigel spawned a monster... on 07:32 - May 16 by pickles110564

Rubbish Marr is so left wing he would not ask questions like for example why is there a need for the BREXIT party and why is your new party that has been only going for a few weeks so far ahead in the polls.

Ah the old Trump method of going after the news people when your hypocrisy is highlighted.
If anything Farage is far to softly treated and gets away with endless lies and unsubstantiated claims
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:41 - May 16 with 2420 viewsGuthrum

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 10:35 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

I haven't worked out who Farage works for yet, but it certainly isn't for normal Brits.

There's a swell in far right nationalism across Europe (VOX is the Spanish equivalent) right now and I think it's being engineered.

The European elections have never been hyped this much in my lifetime. We (Brits) shouldn't even be voting after the Brexit result.

I think it's all part of our EU masters to restructure the EU into even less accountable Federal States: a United States of Europe.

Dark times indeed.

Personally, I think Farage is working for himself and others like him. Those who want an ultra-low regulatory environment, with minimal taxation and few protections for the workforce. Then they can maximise profits from the most aggressive forms of stock market trading and hang on to the proceeds.

They don't really care about the country, ordinary people or even business (except insofar as gambling on it could be a cash cow). They particularly resent the EU because it inhibits what they want to do.

Doubt there's any kind of grand, formal conspiracy, more a loose afiliation of like-minded people with the money and influence to make things happen (e.g. press coverage, employing election strategists). And in the fortunate position that those opposing them are particularly weak, discredited and disorganised at this time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:35 - May 16 with 2358 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:41 - May 16 by Guthrum

Personally, I think Farage is working for himself and others like him. Those who want an ultra-low regulatory environment, with minimal taxation and few protections for the workforce. Then they can maximise profits from the most aggressive forms of stock market trading and hang on to the proceeds.

They don't really care about the country, ordinary people or even business (except insofar as gambling on it could be a cash cow). They particularly resent the EU because it inhibits what they want to do.

Doubt there's any kind of grand, formal conspiracy, more a loose afiliation of like-minded people with the money and influence to make things happen (e.g. press coverage, employing election strategists). And in the fortunate position that those opposing them are particularly weak, discredited and disorganised at this time.

"Doubt there's any kind of grand, formal conspiracy, more a loose afiliation of like-minded people with the money and influence to make things happen (e.g. press coverage, employing election strategists). And in the fortunate position that those opposing them are particularly weak, discredited and disorganised at this time."

That really made me smile.

In short, it's not a conspiracy. Just a group of people, who happen to share similar objectives and enough influence to create the conditions to make things happen in their favour by using the press and election strategists. And all this has happened at a time when those who might oppose them are weak.

Wow, that's all the ingredients of an organised conspiracy right there. But it's NOT a conspiracy!

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:40 - May 16 with 2349 viewslowhouseblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:35 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

"Doubt there's any kind of grand, formal conspiracy, more a loose afiliation of like-minded people with the money and influence to make things happen (e.g. press coverage, employing election strategists). And in the fortunate position that those opposing them are particularly weak, discredited and disorganised at this time."

That really made me smile.

In short, it's not a conspiracy. Just a group of people, who happen to share similar objectives and enough influence to create the conditions to make things happen in their favour by using the press and election strategists. And all this has happened at a time when those who might oppose them are weak.

Wow, that's all the ingredients of an organised conspiracy right there. But it's NOT a conspiracy!

so whenever there's a group of people who have a similar objective it's a conspiracy? do you not also need them to conspire?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:47 - May 16 with 2343 viewscaught-in-limbo

Nigel spawned a monster... on 14:38 - May 16 by reusersfreekicks

Ah the old Trump method of going after the news people when your hypocrisy is highlighted.
If anything Farage is far to softly treated and gets away with endless lies and unsubstantiated claims

In a proper democracy there's this thing called the media whose job it is to challenge our politicians and keep them honest and expose them when they lie.

Most of the population believe that our politicians are not particularly honest at all. Yet very few people blame the media (especially our national broadcaster) for its part in creating the current state of affairs.

This sort of supine press is seen in dictatorships where there is no free press, yet everyone believes we have a free press.

Why have we all been taken for a ride like this? Because the media themselves have told us they fair and balanced and that while things are not perfect, the situation is worse in other countries.

And our nation (including those who call themselves "critical thinkers") laps it all up.

It's incredible.

#toxic

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:49 - May 16 with 2338 viewsbrazil1982

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 14:15 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

"This is why your average Brexit party voter gets called stupid. Because they are, and the rest of us are sick of having to pander to their intellectual laziness."

Yep. In a nutshell. And the smarter Brexiteers know this but it serves their purpose to ignore it or even use it to raise support for their real agenda i.e. themselves.

Here we go again
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:51 - May 16 with 2334 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 12:39 - May 16 by No9

How is the EU corrupt when one of the main reasons the brexit supporters want to leave the EU is simply because they want to stop the corrruption in the financial cnetre that is London

The whole EU is corrupt
Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:51 - May 16 with 2334 viewsHerbivore

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:47 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

In a proper democracy there's this thing called the media whose job it is to challenge our politicians and keep them honest and expose them when they lie.

Most of the population believe that our politicians are not particularly honest at all. Yet very few people blame the media (especially our national broadcaster) for its part in creating the current state of affairs.

This sort of supine press is seen in dictatorships where there is no free press, yet everyone believes we have a free press.

Why have we all been taken for a ride like this? Because the media themselves have told us they fair and balanced and that while things are not perfect, the situation is worse in other countries.

And our nation (including those who call themselves "critical thinkers") laps it all up.

It's incredible.

Could you write to the press to tell them that's their job please? Cheers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:52 - May 16 with 2332 viewslowhouseblue

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:47 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

It's incredible.

hold on a minute.

"Most of the population believe that our politicians are not particularly honest at all. Yet very few people blame the media (especially our national broadcaster) for its part in creating the current state of affairs."

hasn't the media created the current state of affairs in which most of the population believe that our politicians are not particularly honest at all? doesn't that mean that the media is challenging politicians and exposing them when they lie? you can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 16:55]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:58 - May 16 with 2317 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:40 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

so whenever there's a group of people who have a similar objective it's a conspiracy? do you not also need them to conspire?

Of course they need to conspire for it to be a conspiracy.

It seems you think they're not. So, all these wealthy and influential individuals who not only share the same opportunistic goals but also (individually) direct the press and employ election strategists are not colluding in the slightest! Incredible!

Think about that for a second. These are smart people who know how to cash in on an opportunity. But they're all doing it alone. They're not doing it efficiently by working together. Nope, it seems not because it ain't a conspiracy. Just a selection of rich opportunists with enormous influence on the press who are milking the system at the same time.

Like I said, it's the DEFINITION of a conspiracy, but under no circumstances can it be called a conspiracy.

#toxic

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:59 - May 16 with 2315 viewscaught-in-limbo

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:51 - May 16 by Herbivore

Could you write to the press to tell them that's their job please? Cheers.

I think they already know.

But did you know that is exactly what the role of the media is in a democracy?

#toxic

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:02 - May 16 with 2309 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

You are a very aggressive little man arnt you? Very patronising too. How do you get away with it on here? Are you a moderator? Because you dont half turn on anybody or anything you dont like.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:03 - May 16 with 2308 viewslowhouseblue

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 16:58 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

Of course they need to conspire for it to be a conspiracy.

It seems you think they're not. So, all these wealthy and influential individuals who not only share the same opportunistic goals but also (individually) direct the press and employ election strategists are not colluding in the slightest! Incredible!

Think about that for a second. These are smart people who know how to cash in on an opportunity. But they're all doing it alone. They're not doing it efficiently by working together. Nope, it seems not because it ain't a conspiracy. Just a selection of rich opportunists with enormous influence on the press who are milking the system at the same time.

Like I said, it's the DEFINITION of a conspiracy, but under no circumstances can it be called a conspiracy.

ok, so shared objectives alone don't make a conspiracy. so you then need evidence of people conspiring* to be able to talk of a conspiracy. it's that damn elusive evidence lark again i'm afraid.

*which is defined as making secret plans jointly to commit an unlawful or harmful act

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:04 - May 16 with 2306 viewsSpruceMoose

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:02 - May 16 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

You are a very aggressive little man arnt you? Very patronising too. How do you get away with it on here? Are you a moderator? Because you dont half turn on anybody or anything you dont like.

You can do one as well.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:07 - May 16 with 2299 viewspickles110564

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:04 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

You can do one as well.

LOL, you are an @rse at times.
Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:08 - May 16 with 2297 viewsSpruceMoose

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:07 - May 16 by pickles110564

LOL, you are an @rse at times.

Shame you were too cowardly to meet Footers and myself. You could have said it to my face!

Nigel spawned a monster... on 17:09 - May 16 with 2295 viewscaught-in-limbo

Nigel spawned a monster... on 16:52 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

hold on a minute.

"Most of the population believe that our politicians are not particularly honest at all. Yet very few people blame the media (especially our national broadcaster) for its part in creating the current state of affairs."

hasn't the media created the current state of affairs in which most of the population believe that our politicians are not particularly honest at all? doesn't that mean that the media is challenging politicians and exposing them when they lie? you can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 16:55]

The media's performance pre-Brexit vote was pitiful.

Any serious questions about what either party was offering was piecemeal. Any discussion of what Brexit or a Remain win would actually involve was non-existent.

No, the media failed us all badly. It's not the job of the media to just report the mood of the nation, it's their job to take politicians to task. It's called investigative journalism. It doesn't happen in the mainstream media anymore - at least not concerning anything which involves our own establishment.

#toxic

Nigel spawned a monster... on 17:11 - May 16 with 2288 viewsSpruceMoose

Nigel spawned a monster... on 17:09 - May 16 by caught-in-limbo

The media's performance pre-Brexit vote was pitiful.

Any serious questions about what either party was offering was piecemeal. Any discussion of what Brexit or a Remain win would actually involve was non-existent.

No, the media failed us all badly. It's not the job of the media to just report the mood of the nation, it's their job to take politicians to task. It's called investigative journalism. It doesn't happen in the mainstream media anymore - at least not concerning anything which involves our own establishment.

Didn't you get the memo? The job of the media these days is to copy Tweets into articles and call it reporting, like some kind of literate 12th_man.

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:12 - May 16 with 2286 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are people really going to vote for Farage and the Brexit party? on 17:03 - May 16 by lowhouseblue

ok, so shared objectives alone don't make a conspiracy. so you then need evidence of people conspiring* to be able to talk of a conspiracy. it's that damn elusive evidence lark again i'm afraid.

*which is defined as making secret plans jointly to commit an unlawful or harmful act

If I conspire with other posters to get you banned from this site, I'm still conspiring and it's still a conspiracy whether you can provide evidence of it or not.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024