Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abuse 08:28 - May 31 with 36316 viewsPhilTWTD

Got up to another raft of abuse reports and PMs waving metaporical red cards at other users this morning. Really does get very tedious and unnecessarily time-consuming. Perhaps those that don't particularly like one another on here could use the ignore function rather then engaging in long rows with one another. Those who continue to stir things up for no other reason than kicks will be banned.
Abuse on 08:32 - May 31 with 9716 viewsgrimboy

Agreed.
Abuse on 08:56 - May 31 with 9617 viewsMattinLondon

You know when people are caught speeding they are given the option of going on a self-awareness course - in an ideal world some posters should have to go on an equivalent course before contributing or starting threads on here.
Abuse on 08:58 - May 31 with 9593 viewsBluefish

Sorry, probably my fault

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Abuse on 08:58 - May 31 with 9598 viewsGeoffSentence

Abuse on 08:32 - May 31 by grimboy

Agreed.

This is good news Grimmers. I take it that you will be putting one or two posters on ignore.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Abuse on 09:04 - May 31 with 9569 viewsfooters

I'd like to point out that the deleted thread in question had some rather lovely posts about myself which means I'm leaping into Friday with a big ol' grin on my face.

In that spirit, I'd like to kick off Compliment Friday. I'll start:

GeoffSentence is a guy who always tickles my ribs with his witty (or sometimes not), irreverent posts.

Let's keep the good vibes going, guys :)

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Abuse on 09:07 - May 31 with 9545 viewsgrimboy

Abuse on 08:58 - May 31 by GeoffSentence

This is good news Grimmers. I take it that you will be putting one or two posters on ignore.

Although I agreed with the post I find it hard that as I no longer down vote for the hell of it that some people downvoted that one word just goes to show we have some fcuking weirdos on here.
And yes.
Abuse on 09:12 - May 31 with 9525 viewsOldsmoker

Abuse on 08:58 - May 31 by GeoffSentence

I'm reluctant to put anyone on ignore - apart from that Indian spammer last w/e.
It shuts down debate and everyone's point of view is worth hearing.
But if the debate is replaced by abusive language because someones viewpoint has been challenged or even ripped apart then what else is there.
Being down-arrowed persistently by a certain user is not a badge of honour - its petty and annoying.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Abuse on 09:23 - May 31 with 9471 viewsGeoffSentence

Abuse on 09:12 - May 31 by Oldsmoker

I'm reluctant to put anyone on ignore - apart from that Indian spammer last w/e.
But if the debate is replaced by abusive language because someones viewpoint has been challenged or even ripped apart then what else is there.
Being down-arrowed persistently by a certain user is not a badge of honour - its petty and annoying.

My personal div list is reserved for budgies on a wind up. There are some threads for which I use the manual option, that is restraint. However it seems that the manual option isn't available for some people, maybe they have the standard rather than premium product, and for them the ignore option is suitable.

Login to get fewer ads

Abuse on 09:34 - May 31 with 9424 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Abuse on 09:12 - May 31 by Oldsmoker

*makes mental note to start downvoting Oldsmoker posts*

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Abuse on 09:38 - May 31 with 9392 viewsHolyGoalie

Christ alive you lot clock in early for your grizzle fits dont you? Barely just sat down with my first mug of builders and the same people are still not able to act like grown ups SMH

Carpe Diem - Lovely friday for a barbie - don't be tumultuous wangs.

Signed - Humanity Police

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Abuse on 09:40 - May 31 with 9397 viewsartsbossbeard

I have to be honest, Phil. I've watched things from afar this week and I really don't understand why you bother offering this service still.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Abuse on 09:41 - May 31 with 9372 viewsOldsmoker

Abuse on 09:34 - May 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

*makes mental note to start downvoting Oldsmoker posts*

There's always one.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Abuse on 09:43 - May 31 with 9362 viewsHolyGoalie

Abuse on 09:41 - May 31 by Oldsmoker

There's always one.

Never down-vote you, you're doing your bit for the world mate, the humanity police appreciates his deputies

Abuse on 09:45 - May 31 with 9343 viewsGeoffSentence

Abuse on 09:40 - May 31 by artsbossbeard

I have to be honest, Phil. I've watched things from afar this week and I really don't understand why you bother offering this service still.

Adverts. Money. Not for our pleasure.

Abuse on 09:55 - May 31 with 9289 viewsWeWereZombies

Abuse on 09:45 - May 31 by GeoffSentence

Adverts. Money. Not for our pleasure.

Oh, too cynical. It is true that the site has become more advert heavy over the years (and some posters know that I have a particular objection to betting advertising to the extent that I no longer go to games) but it did not start out like that. I think it was cheaper to run the site back in the DIY days before Rivals and then it was more of a 'holding hands and learning as the site developed' in the Rivals era. But the internet has become much more complex than it was then, there are considerations of how the site is hosted by servers, near and remote, security plus the vicarious and almost existential threat of legal action. Not entirely sure that advertising revenue warrants the stress of all that.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Abuse on 09:56 - May 31 with 9279 viewsWD19

Mostly he does it for the buzz he gets when OP's like this garner lots of uppies.
Abuse on 09:59 - May 31 with 9266 viewsHolyGoalie

Just get some user mods in, maybe that giant_ullaa fella. He seems like the role mode that all town fans should aspire to be like.

Abuse on 10:07 - May 31 with 9227 viewsMullet

Incredibly disappointed that the headline does not match the content. I thought you were gonna start dishing it out left, right and centre.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Abuse on 10:15 - May 31 with 9176 viewsGeoffSentence

Abuse on 10:07 - May 31 by Mullet

Incredibly disappointed that the headline does not match the content. I thought you were gonna start dishing it out left, right and centre.

Clickbait innit.

Abuse on 10:33 - May 31 with 9105 viewsBrixtonBlue

Abuse on 09:07 - May 31 by grimboy

Although I agreed with the post I find it hard that as I no longer down vote for the hell of it that some people downvoted that one word just goes to show we have some fcuking weirdos on here.
And yes.

Um, didn't you admit only yesterday that you just downarrow everything Spruce posts... and that downarrows don't matter and we shouldn't worry about them?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Abuse on 10:44 - May 31 with 9047 viewsgrimboy

Abuse on 10:33 - May 31 by BrixtonBlue

Um, didn't you admit only yesterday that you just downarrow everything Spruce posts... and that downarrows don't matter and we shouldn't worry about them?

Yes but In case you can’t read Phil said he didn’t want people downvoting posts for no reason so I have stopped but some individuals just downvoted me because who I am.
Oh your one of them how sad.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 10:45]
Abuse on 10:50 - May 31 with 9017 viewsfooters

Abuse on 10:44 - May 31 by grimboy

Yes but In case you can’t read Phil said he didn’t want people downvoting posts for no reason so I have stopped but some individuals just downvoted me because who I am.

In the spirit of my earlier post, which I'm disappointed to see didn't gain any traction, I'd like to say that I admire your tenacity, grimboy. If only more of our country shared your 'spirit of the Blitz' then maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we currently find ourselves in.

Have a great day wherever you are, whatever you're doing :)

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Abuse on 10:51 - May 31 with 9010 viewsgrimboy

Abuse on 10:50 - May 31 by footers

In the spirit of my earlier post, which I'm disappointed to see didn't gain any traction, I'd like to say that I admire your tenacity, grimboy. If only more of our country shared your 'spirit of the Blitz' then maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we currently find ourselves in.

Have a great day wherever you are, whatever you're doing :)

That’s the spirit.
Abuse on 10:55 - May 31 with 8990 viewsBrixtonBlue

Abuse on 10:44 - May 31 by grimboy

I didn't downvote you for no reason though. I downvoted the whole idea that as soon as Phil posts about abuse you're the first to agree with him - yet are one of the main perpetrators.

It's incredible that you say people are "fcuking weirdoes" for downvoting willy-nilly when you were doing exactly that yesterday.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Abuse on 10:57 - May 31 with 8975 viewsHerbivore

I'm pretty sure he's carrying out research, it's some sort of social experiment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024