Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect the office 16:30 - Jun 3 with 5641 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Isn't there enough to worry about in the UK without moaning about who Americans democratically elect as their president?

Corbyn and Khan are a disgrace

Respect the office on 22:56 - Jun 3 with 1591 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect the office on 22:55 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Khan isn't a world leader, he can't run a city let alone a country.

Londoners seem pretty pleased with him.

You've been drinking the Kool Aid stateside too long!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Respect the office on 23:04 - Jun 3 with 1578 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 22:56 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Really??
Respect the office on 23:38 - Jun 3 with 1545 viewsBlueBoots

Respect the office on 21:56 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think the protests are daft but people can protest about what they want.

However, my post were as a British citizen. I do not like the fact that Khan (MOL) or Corbyn (leader of the opposition) are completely snubbing the visit and are protesting themselves. This is hypocritical, schoolboy politics it is also not in the British national interests. That ok with you?

Thanks for your reply - guessing we'll have to agree to disagree, as unfortunately I find it impossible to respect the office when the incumbent is a man who denies climate change (despite the scientific evidence), introduces law to refuse people entry to his country based on their religion, and is in all likelihood facing impeachment proceedings in the near future. My personal opinion is any alignment with Donald Trump is not in "British national interests" as you put it...

As for your comments about the snub (Corbyn is Corbyn - I'm not getting involved in that discussion), you are aware of the countless reasons Sadiq Khan has to object to the visit, both personally and professionally?

If you want to cry "schoolboy politics" at someone, maybe Donald Trump shouldn't be tweeting personal insults directed at the mayor of the city he's about to visit from Air Force One just before landing? Although that's completely insignificant compared with Trump's comments following the London Bridge terrorist attacks - taking an opportunity to try to point-score against Sadiq Khan when there was still blood on the streets and the city in a state of emergency is for me, as a Londoner, unforgiveable.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Respect the office on 01:00 - Jun 4 with 1526 viewspickles110564

Respect the office on 22:56 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Of course they do, how would you know living in the states, rofl.
Respect the office on 01:03 - Jun 4 with 1524 viewspickles110564

Respect the office on 18:46 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

I live here. Many of them are. Every country has its idiots.

Do you really? You posts timings would not agree, unless you work night shifts and you post when you should be at work.
Respect the office on 01:11 - Jun 4 with 1523 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect the office on 01:00 - Jun 4 by pickles110564

Of course they do, how would you know living in the states, rofl.

Thanks for the question Pickles, a very interesting one indeed!

I work for an organisation with offices all over the world. I work closely with colleagues in London so get to hear their thoughts on an almost daily basis. I also have close friends in London, and some extended family also. I travel home several times a year, usually spending some time in our nation's capital.

In addition, I also read UK and London based media fanatically, for a more broad idea of what's going on across the country. When you are living overseas it takes a bit of effort to stay on touch with what is going on at home, and I assure you I make that effort. How else would I know which way to vote?!

I know you didn't mean your question genuinely, and were instead making yet another snide and jealous comment about where I live, but I've decided to treat you as if you're a kind and decent person going forwards, no matter if that's actually true or not.

Now, a question for you if I may? You seem to have some rather strident views on US politics and Trump in particular. How do you know so much about Trump and US politics? Do you work here? Have colleagues here? Family perhaps? I'd really be interested in your answer.

Hope you're well!

Sprucey xxx

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Respect the office on 01:15 - Jun 4 with 1520 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect the office on 01:03 - Jun 4 by pickles110564

Do you really? You posts timings would not agree, unless you work night shifts and you post when you should be at work.

Dearest Pickles, it might help you out of you were able to make up your mind whether to needlessly attack me for living in the US, or to needlessly attack me for pretending to live in the US.

Both needless attacks aren't really compatible with one another so it would really benefit your line of abuse if you could stick to one or the other.

Hope this helps!

Sprucey x

PS - my Father is still dead, in case you were planning on accusing me of making that up again, you little scamp!

Hugs! X
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 1:20]

Respect the office on 07:20 - Jun 4 with 1476 viewsSomethingBlue

Respect the office on 23:04 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Really??

I live in London and it's fair to say people are happy enough — "the mayor's terrible" certainly isn't a conversation topic you get. That tends to come from people who live outside, and never visit, who are regrettably fed a narrative that you shouldn't dare walk the streets for fear of being knifed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Respect the office on 07:33 - Jun 4 with 1456 viewsfooters

Respect the office on 07:20 - Jun 4 by SomethingBlue

I live in London and it's fair to say people are happy enough — "the mayor's terrible" certainly isn't a conversation topic you get. That tends to come from people who live outside, and never visit, who are regrettably fed a narrative that you shouldn't dare walk the streets for fear of being knifed.

Indeed. My family are terrified of me living here for some odd reason. Maybe if they took time to know the real London instead of reading the Sun and visiting Madame Tussaud's they'd have a different view. But of course they won't.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect the office on 07:40 - Jun 4 with 1449 viewskinnockers

Respect the office on 07:33 - Jun 4 by footers

Indeed. My family are terrified of me living here for some odd reason. Maybe if they took time to know the real London instead of reading the Sun and visiting Madame Tussaud's they'd have a different view. But of course they won't.

If you buy a Merlin season ticket, your fifth trip to Madame Tussaud's pays for itself.

I like having my picture taken with the One Directioners :)

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Respect the office on 07:47 - Jun 4 with 1432 viewswkj

Respect the office on 07:40 - Jun 4 by kinnockers

If you buy a Merlin season ticket, your fifth trip to Madame Tussaud's pays for itself.

I like having my picture taken with the One Directioners :)

You don't know you're beautiful

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Respect the office on 08:02 - Jun 4 with 1418 viewskinnockers

Respect the office on 07:47 - Jun 4 by wkj

You don't know you're beautiful

It's always easier when they have low self-esteem.

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Respect the office on 08:11 - Jun 4 with 1407 viewsHerbivore

Respect the office on 23:04 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Really??

Most of the criticism he seems to get is from people from Suffolk and North Essex as far as I can see.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Respect the office on 09:56 - Jun 4 with 1355 viewsNo9

Show respect for someone who can't show respect for the countries he visits?
Starting serious trade wars that will negatively impact world trade-
Wants to end the WTO -
Selling military hardware to the Saudi's to juse in Yemen, against the wishes of Congress

How does anyone show respect for someone like that - except of corse for the crawling tories?
He's even telling them how to run their party = Ha! bloody Ha!

Maybe those who stayed away - including members of the RF were right to do so?
Respect the office on 10:01 - Jun 4 with 1350 viewsbrazil1982

Respect the office on 23:38 - Jun 3 by BlueBoots

Thanks for your reply - guessing we'll have to agree to disagree, as unfortunately I find it impossible to respect the office when the incumbent is a man who denies climate change (despite the scientific evidence), introduces law to refuse people entry to his country based on their religion, and is in all likelihood facing impeachment proceedings in the near future. My personal opinion is any alignment with Donald Trump is not in "British national interests" as you put it...

As for your comments about the snub (Corbyn is Corbyn - I'm not getting involved in that discussion), you are aware of the countless reasons Sadiq Khan has to object to the visit, both personally and professionally?

If you want to cry "schoolboy politics" at someone, maybe Donald Trump shouldn't be tweeting personal insults directed at the mayor of the city he's about to visit from Air Force One just before landing? Although that's completely insignificant compared with Trump's comments following the London Bridge terrorist attacks - taking an opportunity to try to point-score against Sadiq Khan when there was still blood on the streets and the city in a state of emergency is for me, as a Londoner, unforgiveable.

All part and parcel of living in a major city.
Respect the office on 10:07 - Jun 4 with 1341 viewsNo9

Respect the office on 07:20 - Jun 4 by SomethingBlue

I don't think 'London' is as dangerous now as it was in the 80's when it wasn't safe to go on the tube after 20.00
Maybe the suburbs are worse but it isn't that much different to what it was in the 50's when knives, knuckledusters & cycle chains were carried, almost as a matter of course.
Respect the office on 10:28 - Jun 4 with 1324 viewsmrshallisfit

Respect the office on 17:17 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

If Trump himself doesn't even respect the office, why should the rest of the world? Respect is earned, not given. He has never done anything worthy of respect. Quite the opposite.

Couldn't agree more. Some people on here have very wonky (or completely busted) moral compasses.
Respect the office on 12:28 - Jun 4 with 1288 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect the office on 01:11 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

Thanks for the question Pickles, a very interesting one indeed!

I work for an organisation with offices all over the world. I work closely with colleagues in London so get to hear their thoughts on an almost daily basis. I also have close friends in London, and some extended family also. I travel home several times a year, usually spending some time in our nation's capital.

In addition, I also read UK and London based media fanatically, for a more broad idea of what's going on across the country. When you are living overseas it takes a bit of effort to stay on touch with what is going on at home, and I assure you I make that effort. How else would I know which way to vote?!

I know you didn't mean your question genuinely, and were instead making yet another snide and jealous comment about where I live, but I've decided to treat you as if you're a kind and decent person going forwards, no matter if that's actually true or not.

Now, a question for you if I may? You seem to have some rather strident views on US politics and Trump in particular. How do you know so much about Trump and US politics? Do you work here? Have colleagues here? Family perhaps? I'd really be interested in your answer.

Hope you're well!

Sprucey xxx

Bumpity bump bump!

Respect the office on 18:50 - Jun 4 with 1235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Respect The Office ✊

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Respect the office on 23:56 - Jun 4 with 1191 viewsRyorry

Respect the office on 10:07 - Jun 4 by No9

I don't think 'London' is as dangerous now as it was in the 80's when it wasn't safe to go on the tube after 20.00
Maybe the suburbs are worse but it isn't that much different to what it was in the 50's when knives, knuckledusters & cycle chains were carried, almost as a matter of course.

Seriously, I lived in London (Acton/Shepherds Bush, not far from Loftus Rd.) in the late 80s for a couple of years, regularly travelled on the tube up till midnight, often on my own (worked in Brixton so 2 changes incl Victoria) - and was never aware of that! Actually felt less safe living in Chapel Allerton/Chapeltown area of Leeds whilst the Ripper was going around.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect the office on 00:14 - Jun 5 with 1188 viewsRyorry

Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Again it's bigger than the individual. Whatever you think of him you must have the visit and keep relations close with the US

But the problem is that we're dealing with *this* individual right here & now, and whilst I can see the logic of sweet-talking the POTUS because we want & need the trade (although even that's questionable because of their food etc standards), *this* POTUS has proved himself an impulsive, dangerously unpredictable loose canon, who's liable to change his mind on a whim. So we could be selling our souls for zilch (not that we should be selling it at all, including trade deals with other unpalatable/untrustworthy regimes around the world, but that's another debate).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect the office on 00:47 - Jun 5 with 1168 viewsMrTown

Couldn’t agree more.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Respect the office on 02:24 - Jun 5 with 1156 viewsXYZ

Bo1locks - don't expect true Brits to kowtow to some foreign nation's Fick-ups. You lot have dirty-protested the "office" - don't blame us for pointing out you've got sh!t all over the walls.
Respect the office on 02:43 - Jun 5 with 1151 viewsXYZ

Respect the office on 18:55 - Jun 3 by StokieBlue

Let's be clear about this, I don't like Trump, I think he's a dangerous idiot but I do want to highlight that other dangerous idiots have been granted state visits without a giant protest or meal abstentions and protest speeches by the leader of the opposition.

It's just all very hypocritical and nobody seems to want to acknowledge that.

SB

America claims to be better that this.

We need America to be better than this.

The last 70 years of Brit history has relied on a stable USA. He's removed that - he's all about disruption.

People on streets matter. It's an effort - get out of your armchair, pay the train fare and go and be counted.

Democracy, the rule of law, getting off your arse to defend these things is not hypocritical; it is Englishness.

Anyone objecting to these traditional English protests and exercise of age-old English rights should explain what they're up to.

Don't get ill.
Don't be poor.

FFS Britain, get a grip.
Respect the office on 06:31 - Jun 5 with 1131 viewsStokieBlue

Respect the office on 02:43 - Jun 5 by XYZ

America claims to be better that this.

We need America to be better than this.

The last 70 years of Brit history has relied on a stable USA. He's removed that - he's all about disruption.

People on streets matter. It's an effort - get out of your armchair, pay the train fare and go and be counted.

Democracy, the rule of law, getting off your arse to defend these things is not hypocritical; it is Englishness.

Anyone objecting to these traditional English protests and exercise of age-old English rights should explain what they're up to.

Don't get ill.
Don't be poor.

FFS Britain, get a grip.

There is a difference between highlighting something as hypocritical and objecting. I have no problem with the protests, just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy, especially from the leader of the opposition which could burn bridges if he's elected soon.

Sure, we expect the US to be better but there is no getting away from the fact that most people didn't seem that bothered about rolling out the red carpet for someone who runs giant concentration camps and persecutes and entire minority.

You don't see any issues at all?

The problem isn't the behaviour for Trump, it was the lack of the same gumption for Xi.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 6:33]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024