Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 08:51 - Jun 16 with 4934 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48651131

Using the deaths of three young people to further a feud? Retweeting the vile Katie Hopkins, whose tweet contains some blatant dog whistling? It shouldn't be acceptable behaviour for someone in his position. If we had any leader with any backbone in government they would take a vocal stand against his behaviour. To stay silent tacitly condones his behaviour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 08:55 - Jun 16 with 3929 viewsDanTheMan

I don't know if that even counts as dogwhistling at this point.

I'm sure the Trump defenders will be along to show how this is really all Khan's fault for provoking him or something.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:03 - Jun 16 with 3909 viewsStokieBlue

That original tweet by Hopkins is awful. What a waste of carbon.

As for Trump, surely everyone has given up? He posts these things to get a rise from opponents and a boost from his poorly educated and severely misguided support base.

Unfortunately geopolitics is complicated and intertwined. Whilst I agree with your sentiment and it would be nice if leaders did take a stand but they don't because it affects other things. It's the same with other powerful countries. The silence with regards the Uighurs for instance, is deafening.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:11 - Jun 16 with 3899 viewsHerbivore

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:03 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

As for Trump, surely everyone has given up? He posts these things to get a rise from opponents and a boost from his poorly educated and severely misguided support base.

Unfortunately geopolitics is complicated and intertwined. Whilst I agree with your sentiment and it would be nice if leaders did take a stand but they don't because it affects other things. It's the same with other powerful countries. The silence with regards the Uighurs for instance, is deafening.

SB

The Hopkins tweet is disgraceful, for him to retweet that, well.....

Without wanting to turn this into another Brexit thread, leaving a powerful block like the EU and going it alone further diminishes our ability to take a stand against the US and China.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:27 - Jun 16 with 3864 viewsNo9

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:03 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

SB

"The silence with regards the Uighurs for instance, is deafening."

That is a very good point.
When Cameron & Osborn were spending so much time geting China to invest in the UK (despite a lot of opposition across the board) why was this not so much in the news then?

Were the so desperate they overlooked that? I know the French faced much more opposition.
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:27 - Jun 16 with 3864 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm no longer surprised about how low Trump will stoop.

And our politicians have as much backbone as they have competence, honesty and empathy ...

Rip it up and start again.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:08 - Jun 16 with 3826 viewsStokieBlue

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 09:11 - Jun 16 by Herbivore

The Hopkins tweet is disgraceful, for him to retweet that, well.....

Without wanting to turn this into another Brexit thread, leaving a powerful block like the EU and going it alone further diminishes our ability to take a stand against the US and China.

I agree entirely.

I've repeatedly made the point on here that the only way to compete and push back against the US and China is as part of the EU. I've gone further and said that might not even be enough.

I'm not entirely keen but probably the only long term way to compete with those countries is to have a federalised EU - a USE essentially. It's politically untenable but without joined up economic, monetary, domestic and foreign policies the EU just won't have the efficiencies needed to compete long term.

It's something that will need to be considered by everyone in the next 30-40 years in my opinion.

SB

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:14 - Jun 16 with 3808 viewsBobbyDazzler

Saying what were all thinking👍👍clean up our streets kahn!!
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:15 - Jun 16 with 3799 viewsStokieBlue

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:14 - Jun 16 by BobbyDazzler

Idiot.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:21 - Jun 16 with 3775 viewsjeera

Another halfwit littering the board.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:21 - Jun 16 with 3776 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hope the people who are saying “well said Trump” remember how they cried like babies over Obama interfering in British politics.

Re Hopkins et al. Hate preachers. Plain and simple.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:24 - Jun 16 with 3775 viewsBlueNomad

I suspect your attitude puts you in a minority on here! Khan and the police have their hands tied due to massive budget cuts and a cultural change in violence, driven by the drug wars exploding across the country.

If you have ideas that resolve the challenge I would encourage you to put them forward to government. Offer to pay more tax so that policing and community based work can be properly funded?
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:25 - Jun 16 with 3765 viewsTrequartista

I agree with all that. But I am wired that way, as are the vast majority of this board. But many people aren't. About 50% of the country probably . People who who are wired differently are not intentionally setting out to divide or offend, they just react differently. They are just as passionate in their different response as us. Just cancelling people who see things differently is not going to help anything. I think it divides more to be honest. The average person does not know or care what "dog-whistling" is. I think we need to engage with logical argument rather than shut down.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:26 - Jun 16 with 3753 viewswkj

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:21 - Jun 16 by jeera

Another halfwit littering the board.

Another halfwit or a returning halfwit in a beard.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:27 - Jun 16 with 3746 viewsStokieBlue

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:25 - Jun 16 by Trequartista

I agree with all that. But I am wired that way, as are the vast majority of this board. But many people aren't. About 50% of the country probably . People who who are wired differently are not intentionally setting out to divide or offend, they just react differently. They are just as passionate in their different response as us. Just cancelling people who see things differently is not going to help anything. I think it divides more to be honest. The average person does not know or care what "dog-whistling" is. I think we need to engage with logical argument rather than shut down.

What's the logical argument to such a tweet?

You've said they won't be swayed so interested to know how one can formulate such an argument and get it acknowledged.

This board is proof of that. A fair number of posters don't want to be persuaded or even consider their view regardless of the logic or eloquence of the argument put to them.

SB

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:30 - Jun 16 with 3730 viewsblueislander

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:25 - Jun 16 by Trequartista

Would you like to try and engage Bobbydazzler in a logical argument?
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:31 - Jun 16 with 3728 viewsTrequartista

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:27 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

What's the logical argument to such a tweet?

You've said they won't be swayed so interested to know how one can formulate such an argument and get it acknowledged.

This board is proof of that. A fair number of posters don't want to be persuaded or even consider their view regardless of the logic or eloquence of the argument put to them.

SB

I genuinely think that Ms Hopkins hears the news and it triggers an anger that comes out in this - in my view illogical and unpleasant - fashion. I have wondered before if she is mentally ill, but I have come to the conclusion it is the way she feels, however strange that may seem to you or I.

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:34 - Jun 16 with 3715 viewsTrequartista

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:30 - Jun 16 by blueislander

Would you like to try and engage Bobbydazzler in a logical argument?

I'm generalising across the population, I cannot predict the actions and intentions of random people on a message board. Two people have just cancelled him/her and one engaged. I suspect he/she would be most likely to reply to the person that engaged.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 10:35]

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:43 - Jun 16 with 3695 viewsBlueBadger

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:31 - Jun 16 by Trequartista

I genuinely think that Ms Hopkins hears the news and it triggers an anger that comes out in this - in my view illogical and unpleasant - fashion. I have wondered before if she is mentally ill, but I have come to the conclusion it is the way she feels, however strange that may seem to you or I.

I don't think it's as complicated as that. She's a just a vile neo-nazi who's been inexplicably granted a national platform to air her disgusting views by a couple of national newspapers and a TV channels who, by dint of the fact that they do nothing about her have tacitly endorsed her views and helped to normalise and make 'acceptable' her nasty brand of celebrity bigotry.

See also: Nigel Farage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:44 - Jun 16 with 3686 viewsfooters

Please don't come to our city.

Cheers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:46 - Jun 16 with 3678 viewsblueislander

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:34 - Jun 16 by Trequartista

I'm generalising across the population, I cannot predict the actions and intentions of random people on a message board. Two people have just cancelled him/her and one engaged. I suspect he/she would be most likely to reply to the person that engaged.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 10:35]

If you are familiar with his posting, and I am going by his effort yesterday about Boris, he has no inclination to engage. He just spouts illiterate one liners.
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 11:55 - Jun 16 with 3569 viewstractordownsouth

The London murder rate was higher in 2009 than 2017/18... surely Trump wouldn’t endorse the man who was mayor in 2009... oh wait...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 12:39 - Jun 16 with 3520 viewsBlueBadger

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 08:55 - Jun 16 by DanTheMan

I don't know if that even counts as dogwhistling at this point.

I'm sure the Trump defenders will be along to show how this is really all Khan's fault for provoking him or something.

Kahn is definitely guilty of being conspicuously non-white, educated and competent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 13:14 - Jun 16 with 3481 viewsBrixtonBlue

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 11:55 - Jun 16 by tractordownsouth

The London murder rate was higher in 2009 than 2017/18... surely Trump wouldn’t endorse the man who was mayor in 2009... oh wait...

Also, as it says in the article, New York's murder rate is double that of London's. Maybe Trump should look a little closer to home.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 13:53 - Jun 16 with 3426 viewsFtnfwest

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 11:55 - Jun 16 by tractordownsouth

Likewise nobody on here would have had a go at Trump if he’d had a go at Boris in the same way as he has at Khan.
Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 14:07 - Jun 16 with 3395 viewsjaykay

Trump is a classless prick #2654789245 on 10:15 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

Idiot.

SB

i see you have been down voted by the other half of booby dazzler.
dazzler and rokerite the new benters and uberman double act.
edit :have cancelled out the down vote and the spelling mistake was done on purpose

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024