Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mark Field incident then... 07:23 - Jun 21 with 31720 viewsDanTheMan

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 02:23 - Jun 22 with 1903 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So the Mark Field incident then... on 06:29 - Jun 22 with 1883 viewsitfcjoe

Seeing as this has gone 7 pages it seems as though some are happy to defend the indefensible here.

Massively OTT, clear bully and fact it’s a woman is a bad look - deserves everything he’ll get as is totally unacceptable behaviour

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What a Bullers comment on 07:21 - Jun 22 with 1866 viewsBlueBoots

What a Bullers comment on 12:59 - Jun 21 by Dyland

Completely irrelevant to the point.

I wonder if Field would have been so disproportionate if it were a (big) bloke.

He overreacted, has admitted so, and apologised. Maybe he'll have a look at himself. Nothing more to see here.

"I wonder if Field would have been so disproportionate if it were a (big) bloke."

Option 1: Would have tried the same thing and embarrassed himself

Option 2: Would have just sat in his chair quietly soiling himself.

My money's on Option 2 - like all men that are violent towards women, bloody coward...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:38 - Jun 22 with 1819 viewsRyorry

So the Mark Field incident then... on 16:32 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

Oh get real Ryorry, this is Greenpeace, not the Football Lads Alliance. Everyone at Mansion House knew they were in no more danger than being late home and having to pay the baby sitter for an extra half hour.

If he knew 100% for sure that she was genuinely Greenpeace, my response would be completely different.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:42 - Jun 22 with 1814 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:38 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

If he knew 100% for sure that she was genuinely Greenpeace, my response would be completely different.

Quite. She could've been any nutter. And after what happened to Jo Cox, you don't take any chances.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:45 - Jun 22 with 1803 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:42 - Jun 22 by BrixtonBlue

Quite. She could've been any nutter. And after what happened to Jo Cox, you don't take any chances.

Jesus wept.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:46 - Jun 22 with 1800 viewsSpruceMoose

That'll soon be their excuse whenever they fancy knocking around a protester.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:46 - Jun 22 with 1801 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:38 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

Looks like he did and that is why he reacted as he did.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:48 - Jun 22 with 1795 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:46 - Jun 22 by SpruceMoose

Or for just sparking out members of the public who look at them a bit funny.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:48 - Jun 22 with 1798 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 06:29 - Jun 22 by itfcjoe

Seeing as this has gone 7 pages it seems as though some are happy to defend the indefensible here.

Massively OTT, clear bully and fact it’s a woman is a bad look - deserves everything he’ll get as is totally unacceptable behaviour

The fact that some have defended it shows it isn't indefensible.

She could have been a nutter like the one who murdered Jo Cox. After that, you don't take any chances.

Not remotely OTT IMO, and no evidence he's a clear bully. We don't know what would've happened if it were a big bloke (he may have tried similar, with others assisting). As it was he didn't need assistance.

If he were to get sacked for this incident it sends out a message to would-be-nutters that politicians can't lay a hand on you, even in restraint. A very dangerous precedent.

Unfortunately, in the current climate, you're completely wrong on this.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:50 - Jun 22 with 1792 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:46 - Jun 22 by SpruceMoose

Equally, as I just posted to Joe, would-be-nutters now know politicians can't lay a hand on them. Very dangerous IMO.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:51 - Jun 22 with 1788 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:48 - Jun 22 by BrixtonBlue

She could have been a nutter like the one who murdered Jo Cox. After that, you don't take any chances.

Not remotely OTT IMO, and no evidence he's a clear bully. We don't know what would've happened if it were a big bloke (he may have tried similar, with others assisting). As it was he didn't need assistance.

If he were to get sacked for this incident it sends out a message to would-be-nutters that politicians can't lay a hand on you, even in restraint. A very dangerous precedent.

What it shows is that some are trying to defend the indefensible. You can't just say she could have been a nutter, there was zero evidence that she was posing any threat. They'd made it clear they were from Greenpeace and protesting peacefully.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:52 - Jun 22 with 1787 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:50 - Jun 22 by BrixtonBlue

Equally, as I just posted to Joe, would-be-nutters now know politicians can't lay a hand on them. Very dangerous IMO.

That's quite some leap.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:53 - Jun 22 with 1781 viewsSpruceMoose

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:50 - Jun 22 by BrixtonBlue

"She was coming right at me, looking all kinds of impoverished, waving a stack of leaflets around I had to save everyone from that!"

He didn't attack her out of fear. Look at his face. He's attacked her out of sheer annoyance and outrage that she has dared to disrupt their privileged safe space.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:55 - Jun 22 with 1778 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:53 - Jun 22 by SpruceMoose

"She was coming right at me, looking all kinds of impoverished, waving a stack of leaflets around I had to save everyone from that!"

He didn't attack her out of fear. Look at his face. He's attacked her out of sheer annoyance and outrage that she has dared to disrupt their privileged safe space.

When he threw her out in the street he told her that this is what happens when people like you interrupt our dinner. Not exactly the response of someone in fear of their life, more an entitled prick doubling down on his right to assault someone for briefly spoiling his evening.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:58 - Jun 22 with 1771 viewsjeera

Give over mate. She was clearly no threat to him whatsoever.

Have you even seen it? I guess you have but I'm not trawling the thread.

Look for goodness sake. Bloke's a complete tw@t.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:04 - Jun 22 with 1761 viewsRyorry

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:46 - Jun 22 by WeWereZombies

Looks like he did and that is why he reacted as he did.

It wasn't till the BBC 10pm news last night that I saw the Greenpeace sash & the other protesters dressed the same - I couldn't see it from the small window here - and also learned that he'd intervened in a previous climate change protest. Does put a different complexion on it. Even so, as a general point, terrorists aren't beyond assuming different IDs to gain access or carry out attacks.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 1755 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:04 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

It wasn't till the BBC 10pm news last night that I saw the Greenpeace sash & the other protesters dressed the same - I couldn't see it from the small window here - and also learned that he'd intervened in a previous climate change protest. Does put a different complexion on it. Even so, as a general point, terrorists aren't beyond assuming different IDs to gain access or carry out attacks.

Stop trying to defend it. There is literally nothing about his response or her behaviour that indicates any sense of feeling threatened.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 1755 viewsSpruceMoose

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:58 - Jun 22 by jeera

Give over mate. She was clearly no threat to him whatsoever.

Have you even seen it? I guess you have but I'm not trawling the thread.

Look for goodness sake. Bloke's a complete tw@t.

He's showing a face that is centuries old in the UK. The face of disgust shown by the privileged rich when presented with the masses.

They've learnt to hide it somewhat, but this time the mask has slipped.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:07 - Jun 22 with 1754 viewsitfcjoe

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:48 - Jun 22 by BrixtonBlue

He didn't tr and stop her and restrain her, he physically humiliated and bullied her - totally OTT. If he had actually completed a 'security move' on her then your case would have more merit to it - he didn't.

If she was a nutter with a knife, he'd have been stabbed - he knew she wasn't and the fact anyone allows that to be a part of the narrative says more about them.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 12:08]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:09 - Jun 22 with 1749 viewsRyorry

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:06 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

Stop trying to defend it. There is literally nothing about his response or her behaviour that indicates any sense of feeling threatened.

If you'd read my post a bit more carefully, you'd see that I *had* stopped trying to defend it.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 1740 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:09 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

If you'd read my post a bit more carefully, you'd see that I *had* stopped trying to defend it.

I read it carefully, which is why I spotted the caveat at the end which is intended to offer mitigation.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 1742 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:51 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

What it shows is that some are trying to defend the indefensible. You can't just say she could have been a nutter, there was zero evidence that she was posing any threat. They'd made it clear they were from Greenpeace and protesting peacefully.

There's no way a nutter could go in pretending to be a member of Greenpeace? No way she could've been concealing a knife?

She got into a place she shouldn't have been, with high ranking people literally in touching distance. That's a threat IMO. The Jo Cox case proves it.

The fact that I'm defending a Tory shows there is a defence to be had.

I wonder - if someone had got that close to the Queen, would the response have been similar (man or woman) and would you still be saying it's indefensible?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:13 - Jun 22 with 1734 viewsbluebud

So the Mark Field incident then... on 16:25 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

I'll have a veggie deluxe please, hold the mayo.

Vegan mayo is a thing now mate - enjoy.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:15 - Jun 22 with 1731 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:52 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

That's quite some leap.

Not at all. If I were a nutter planning on attacking a politician this would be a boost to me, thinking that there will now be a moment where the politician hesitates to react for fear of being labelled a thug/bully/losing their job.

Can't believe you can't see the possibility.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024