Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mark Field incident then... 07:23 - Jun 21 with 31717 viewsDanTheMan

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:53 - Jun 22 with 2958 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:24 - Jun 22 by BrixtonBlue

"Stop dishonouring her memory by using her name to justify violence against women."

That's a disgusting comment to make. I'm out.

FWIW I think Herbie’s language is far too emotive. I dint see you dishonouring the memory of JO Cox.

I disagree with you. I thought he was acting like a Bully. But it’s about different interpretations and opinions.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So the Mark Field incident then... on 18:11 - Jun 22 with 2885 viewsballycastle

This is how people should be ejected.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/brighton-int-walter-wolfgang-removed-
So the Mark Field incident then... on 20:03 - Jun 22 with 2847 viewsbraveblue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:57 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

Seeing that his excuse that he felt threatened sounds utterly hollow and feeble. He should be as ashamed of that as he should be about assaulting a peaceful protester. I see some Tory colleagues have defended him, I think that about sums up the state of the Tory party currently. Nasty and belligerent with little interest in being guided by or engaging with reality.

Absolute rubbish. Assault? Have you seen it? If protestors are going to approach high ranking politicians without warning they can expect to be stopped. What a load of nonsense. Assault - really have to laugh - snowflake.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 21:07 - Jun 22 with 2816 viewsjeera

So the Mark Field incident then... on 20:03 - Jun 22 by braveblue

Absolute rubbish. Assault? Have you seen it? If protestors are going to approach high ranking politicians without warning they can expect to be stopped. What a load of nonsense. Assault - really have to laugh - snowflake.

You should read your own post back as it makes little sense.

She didn't 'approach' anyone, she was walking behind him.

She is a woman, he is a man. He grabbed her by the neck and dragged her from the room.

If you think it's normal for a bloke to manhandle a woman in that way and sincerely think other men who have an issue with it are 'snowflakes' then the problem lies with you, not them.

You have eyes, watch the clip.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 00:38 - Jun 23 with 2752 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 20:03 - Jun 22 by braveblue

I've seen it, not sure you have.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:25 - Jun 23 with 2719 viewsWeWereZombies

Thought this thread needed a little nudge to make it to a ten pager so I have to point out that it looks like Germany have scored an equaliser in extra time:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48734321
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 8:26]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:14 - Jun 23 with 2661 viewsbraveblue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 21:07 - Jun 22 by jeera

She is a woman, he is a man. He grabbed her by the neck and dragged her from the room.

If you think it's normal for a bloke to manhandle a woman in that way and sincerely think other men who have an issue with it are 'snowflakes' then the problem lies with you, not them.

Try to understand.

Approaching can mean from any direction.

Gender makes no difference.

Dragged? Was she on the floor?

Simple political bias at play here.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:18 - Jun 23 with 2654 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:14 - Jun 23 by braveblue

Try to understand.

I think your fourth statement is correct, she was not dragged from the room. She did have a hand clamped to the back of her neck whilst she was forcibly marched from the room.

Because Mark Field cannot face a simple written statement about climate change being handed to someone else. Not really the conduct of someone in public office is it? Not that I think he should lose everything, his subsequent decision to submit himself to judgement may show some contrition. And at the end of the day it was a win for Greenpeace so his judgement also looks suspect on that count too.

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:19 - Jun 23 with 2652 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 21:07 - Jun 22 by jeera

Gender really ought to have nothing to do with it at all.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:19 - Jun 23 with 2645 viewsHerbivore

Try to understand.

His behaviour was unacceptable.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:26 - Jun 23 with 2641 viewsSpruceMoose

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:19 - Jun 23 by sparks

Not in how this is judged, no. But it does play a role in why it happened.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:29 - Jun 23 with 2634 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:19 - Jun 23 by sparks

In an ideal world maybe, but most of us have been brought up to not hit women, rightly or wrongly. That makes it more shocking.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:38 - Jun 23 with 2628 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:29 - Jun 23 by giant_stow

In an ideal world maybe, but most of us have been brought up to not hit women, rightly or wrongly. That makes it more shocking.

Lets stop accepting this is a norm. Violence and aggression is violence and aggression. The gender of the target is irrelevant.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:40 - Jun 23 with 2619 viewsSpruceMoose

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:38 - Jun 23 by sparks

Lets stop accepting this is a norm. Violence and aggression is violence and aggression. The gender of the target is irrelevant.

I agree. I think we would all be better off if people kept their God damn hands off other people.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So the Mark Field incident then... on 13:01 - Jun 23 with 2602 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:40 - Jun 23 by SpruceMoose

I agree. I think we would all be better off if people kept their God damn hands off other people.

Taken at face value that could spell the end of the human race...

So the Mark Field incident then... on 13:07 - Jun 23 with 2593 viewsHerbivore

I agree entirely. He had no right to respond in that way to any individual in those circumstances, regardless of gender.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 13:08]

So the Mark Field incident then... on 13:39 - Jun 23 with 2577 viewsjeera

Try to understand.

I have no difficulty understanding unacceptable behaviour sunshine.

You just made a list trying to excuse him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 15:04 - Jun 23 with 2533 viewsgiant_stow

logically k=i know you're right and can't answer. emotionally though, it just seems so cowardly.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 15:09 - Jun 23 with 2529 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 15:04 - Jun 23 by giant_stow

logically k=i know you're right and can't answer. emotionally though, it just seems so cowardly.

Its equally cowardly against a man whom you expect to be able to dominate.

We are just teaching people wrong thinking here and its time to stop perpetuating. The vast majority of criminal violence is against men and for some reason we are minimising it (at least relatively speaking). Meanwhile we also minimise violence by women against men.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 16:16 - Jun 23 with 2497 viewsitfcjoe

Try to understand.

The political bias here is those jumping through hoops trying to send the indefensible

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 17:54 - Jun 23 with 2459 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 15:09 - Jun 23 by sparks

Its equally cowardly against a man whom you expect to be able to dominate.

We are just teaching people wrong thinking here and its time to stop perpetuating. The vast majority of criminal violence is against men and for some reason we are minimising it (at least relatively speaking). Meanwhile we also minimise violence by women against men.

You don't think that the greater likelihood of a woman being economically less well placed (and I will grant you that there are a few woman who can get themselves in great economical advantage to their man - or ex.man) and having less social mobility justifies the widespread view that the woman is more likely to be the victim?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 21:20 - Jun 23 with 2409 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 17:54 - Jun 23 by WeWereZombies

You don't think that the greater likelihood of a woman being economically less well placed (and I will grant you that there are a few woman who can get themselves in great economical advantage to their man - or ex.man) and having less social mobility justifies the widespread view that the woman is more likely to be the victim?

Not really sure what point you are intending to make here.

Men are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violence.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 06:01 - Jun 24 with 2353 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 21:20 - Jun 23 by sparks

Not really sure what point you are intending to make here.

Men are overwhelmingly more likely to be victims of violence.

I do get your point about men being more frequent victims of violence, as in male on male violence...

But you can only not get my point if you wilfully go out of your way to avoid it.

Which is what you seem to do all of the time, whether as a wind up or because you are truly psychologically damaged I cannot tell. But why bother to post anything if you do not want to engage?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:19 - Jun 24 with 2332 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 06:01 - Jun 24 by WeWereZombies

I do get your point about men being more frequent victims of violence, as in male on male violence...

But you can only not get my point if you wilfully go out of your way to avoid it.

Which is what you seem to do all of the time, whether as a wind up or because you are truly psychologically damaged I cannot tell. But why bother to post anything if you do not want to engage?

What an extraordinary post.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:21 - Jun 24 with 2306 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 06:01 - Jun 24 by WeWereZombies

Must admit, I can't quite grasp what you're trying to say in your last post either.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024